Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rangel - It Was Never A Penalty 08:05 - Oct 20 with 450 viewsPhil_S

You wouldn't have expected Angel Rangel to say anything else but he was only saying was everyone in the Britannia was thinking as the decision to award Stoke a penalty for Victor Moses dive was the turning point in a game that the Swans were dominating at that point

Full story at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/36580/rangel--it-was-neve
Rangel - It Was Never A Penalty on 08:11 - Oct 20 with 434 viewsEdmundo

Rangel is a pretty honest player and he knows and we know contact was minimal.
Mark Hughes and his players said in the press all week that they would have to prepare well for us, to alleviate our passing and creativity.

So this is how they prepare, fouling, diving and all round 'non football'

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Rangel - It Was Never A Penalty on 08:58 - Oct 20 with 375 viewshammy

A strong case for the use of technology to review these dodgy decisions. There is a natural pause in play anyway when a penalty is awarded since the players surround the ref to complain, so wouldn't slow the game down very much if at all. It's got to be the next, belated implementation of technology in the world's richest sport !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Rangel - It Was Never A Penalty on 10:02 - Oct 20 with 332 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Rangel - It Was Never A Penalty on 08:58 - Oct 20 by hammy

A strong case for the use of technology to review these dodgy decisions. There is a natural pause in play anyway when a penalty is awarded since the players surround the ref to complain, so wouldn't slow the game down very much if at all. It's got to be the next, belated implementation of technology in the world's richest sport !

Technology will still say Moses went past him and Rangel stuck his hand on him. It was awful that Moses went down, but if the hand doesn't come across, there is no penalty decision to make.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Rangel - It Was Never A Penalty on 10:23 - Oct 20 with 309 viewswestside

moses could have been taken out before he got into the box
Rangel - It Was Never A Penalty on 10:25 - Oct 20 with 304 viewssomersetsimon

Rangel - It Was Never A Penalty on 10:02 - Oct 20 by NeiltheTaylor

Technology will still say Moses went past him and Rangel stuck his hand on him. It was awful that Moses went down, but if the hand doesn't come across, there is no penalty decision to make.

Is it an automatic foul if one player touches another? I would have thought that the contact would have to have some direct effect on the other player. In this case, Rangel did put his hand on Moses, but that wasn't the cause of Moses falling to the floor. He did that himself, so that's cheating.

Also, I couldn't tell from the referee's position whether he would have even been able to see Rangel's arm. Looks like he just saw the two players together, one falls down, so the other one must have fouled him.
Rangel - It Was Never A Penalty on 10:37 - Oct 20 with 289 viewscontroversial_jack

Rangel - It Was Never A Penalty on 10:25 - Oct 20 by somersetsimon

Is it an automatic foul if one player touches another? I would have thought that the contact would have to have some direct effect on the other player. In this case, Rangel did put his hand on Moses, but that wasn't the cause of Moses falling to the floor. He did that himself, so that's cheating.

Also, I couldn't tell from the referee's position whether he would have even been able to see Rangel's arm. Looks like he just saw the two players together, one falls down, so the other one must have fouled him.

If a player dives then it's not an offence and no penalty. The arm didn't make him fall to the floor. Cheating in my book
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024