Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... 10:08 - Oct 20 with 1191 views_

...in the EPL?

This comment stood out last night but was a buried in one of the many threads relating to yesterdays decisions and outburst...

If true, this is where our problem would lie, not refereeing decisions as some of the perfect fan brigade would have us believe.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 10:11 - Oct 20 with 1180 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Doesn't seem that way, but would be interesting if so. Much more so than going on about refs. Seems that we have chances without putting them away, but maybe that's bevcause they are too few...I'll wait on the stattos

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 11:24 - Oct 20 with 1123 viewsLeonisGod

http://www.squawka.com/football-team-rankings#chances-created#team-stats#english

Of course, that doesn't tell the whole story. There are chances, and then there are chances. We may well have created a higher percentage of clear cut chances than some other teams? Certainly a couple of those yesterday were relative sitters.
Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 12:51 - Oct 20 with 1047 views_

Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 11:24 - Oct 20 by LeonisGod

http://www.squawka.com/football-team-rankings#chances-created#team-stats#english

Of course, that doesn't tell the whole story. There are chances, and then there are chances. We may well have created a higher percentage of clear cut chances than some other teams? Certainly a couple of those yesterday were relative sitters.

It's still quite a concern though, isn't it?

It means missing these "clear-cut" chances costs us big time.

Monk should be focusing on this - not refereeing decisions.

Christ, we still had the whole of the second half to put this right with a better side than Stoke.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 12:57 - Oct 20 with 1037 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Or does it mean we are taking more of our chances than a lot more teams ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 13:04 - Oct 20 with 1018 views_

Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 12:57 - Oct 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

Or does it mean we are taking more of our chances than a lot more teams ?

We have scored a credible 11 goals this season - 8 teams have scored less. It does seem we score from a decent percentage of our overall chances, I agree.

Imagine if we created a few more though?!

Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 13:20 - Oct 20 with 991 viewsGlyn1

I'm still trying to get my head around the fact that Aston Villa have scored only 4 goals this season but somehow have managed to get 10 points.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 13:41 - Oct 20 with 961 views_

Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 13:20 - Oct 20 by Glyn1

I'm still trying to get my head around the fact that Aston Villa have scored only 4 goals this season but somehow have managed to get 10 points.

Yep, one thing has become pretty obvious the last few seasons. Paul Lambert who was looking like the next bright thing for a while is certainly nothing to be lauded.

Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 14:48 - Oct 20 with 910 viewsLeonisGod

Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 13:20 - Oct 20 by Glyn1

That's Roy Keane's influence. He prioritises power and organisation over flair. He'll set them up to be hard to beat and then try and nick a 1-0. They'll struggle this year imo.
Login to get fewer ads

Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 14:53 - Oct 20 with 902 viewsQuakerJack

Regardless of how many we create, when they're as clear cut as yesterday it's criminal to miss them.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 15:07 - Oct 20 with 878 viewsPegojack

I think that statistic is very telling, and it is a consequence of our tendency to go 'into our shell' and protect a lead when we get one. It is also symptomatic of the 'lousy second half syndrome' we are currently suffering from.

I remember thinking, about 15 or 20 minutes into the second half yesterday, "have we actually come up this end of the field yet and created a chance?". The answer was no! Everything was happening fifty or sixty yards away down at our end. I think you could count on one hand the decent attacks we put together in the second half. Not good enough.
Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 15:15 - Oct 20 with 864 viewsJoe_bradshaw

So QPR are 6th!

Imagine where they'd be in the table if they took a reasonable proportion of their chances.
And stopped scoring own goals.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 16:32 - Oct 20 with 798 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Again, I have mentioned our lack of created chances before yet got shot down over it.

I often compared us at the end of last season with our time under Sousa as we very rarely ever have sustained attacks or numerous attempts on goal.

Looks like I was right again.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 17:53 - Oct 20 with 745 viewsShonky

If only wed have been as creative as Burnley.
My god what a bunch of thick tvvats.
Last one out turn the lights off.

Its just a ride...

Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 18:16 - Oct 20 with 723 views_

Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 17:53 - Oct 20 by Shonky

If only wed have been as creative as Burnley.
My god what a bunch of thick tvvats.
Last one out turn the lights off.

I think you are one of the prize tvvats on here mush. Creating a second username sums you up, now fack off.

Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 18:24 - Oct 20 with 714 viewsJackFish

I'd hazard a guess and say that we've been near the bottom for this particular stat since we've been in the Prem.
Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 18:27 - Oct 20 with 705 views_

Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 18:24 - Oct 20 by JackFish

I'd hazard a guess and say that we've been near the bottom for this particular stat since we've been in the Prem.

Actually no. I would certainly bet that under Laudrup we were nowhere near the bottom.

Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 18:40 - Oct 20 with 686 viewsDr_Winston

Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 18:27 - Oct 20 by _

Actually no. I would certainly bet that under Laudrup we were nowhere near the bottom.

Depends which season.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 19:41 - Oct 20 with 647 views_

Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 18:40 - Oct 20 by Dr_Winston

Depends which season.

Do you think we would still have been on the bottom for chances even in his second spell? I still doubt that and I would hazard a guess we would have been top 6 in his first season and was just responding to the point that we would never have been worth a mention in these stats in any season in the Prem.

Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 19:57 - Oct 20 with 618 viewsSwansNZ

Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 19:41 - Oct 20 by _

Do you think we would still have been on the bottom for chances even in his second spell? I still doubt that and I would hazard a guess we would have been top 6 in his first season and was just responding to the point that we would never have been worth a mention in these stats in any season in the Prem.

According to that link, we were 10th last season, and 11th the one before.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 20:04 - Oct 20 with 607 viewsLeonisGod

Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 16:32 - Oct 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Again, I have mentioned our lack of created chances before yet got shot down over it.

I often compared us at the end of last season with our time under Sousa as we very rarely ever have sustained attacks or numerous attempts on goal.

Looks like I was right again.

As had already been said though, quality rather than quantity is key. We made more chances than Stoke yesterday, yet lost. So quantity is obviously not the be all and end all. We're nothing like under Souza
Is it true apart from Villa we have created the least amount of chances... on 21:01 - Oct 20 with 569 viewsAndy1300

And it's not the "EPL" it's the Barclays premier league.....just saying like

Number 1 team in Wales

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024