Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
legal action 17:51 - Oct 20 with 4450 viewspatchboy

stoke are considering taking legal action against monk and hartson.
legal action on 17:56 - Oct 20 with 2544 viewsJethroJack

Good.......hopefully, they appoint a judge who can recognise a diving cheat when he sees one. About time this simulation issue came to a head.
legal action on 17:58 - Oct 20 with 2525 viewsLeonisGod

What for - defamation or slander presumably requires an untruth? I wouldn't have thought they'd have a leg to stand on (or not for long anyway, if Moses is anything to go by). They'd have to take on Sky Sports as well, Graham Poll, and probably every other media outlet in the UK.
legal action on 18:02 - Oct 20 with 2485 viewsPrivate_Partz

legal action on 17:56 - Oct 20 by JethroJack

Good.......hopefully, they appoint a judge who can recognise a diving cheat when he sees one. About time this simulation issue came to a head.

Have you seen the pictures Jethro? We would be done up like a kipper. If this is the case then an apology is in order. Unfortunately it will detract from Monk's very good case that we have been having raw deals from refs.
Monk was mistaken and it could be argued that Angel has actually told porkies on the official site.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

legal action on 18:07 - Oct 20 with 2460 viewsSpratty

Is this a joke

It was pretty defamatory stuff and unfortunately although Monks "Honest opinion" was not actually based on the truth or circumspect enough to wait to gather the full facts before going off on a rant.
legal action on 18:12 - Oct 20 with 2428 views_

legal action on 17:58 - Oct 20 by LeonisGod

What for - defamation or slander presumably requires an untruth? I wouldn't have thought they'd have a leg to stand on (or not for long anyway, if Moses is anything to go by). They'd have to take on Sky Sports as well, Graham Poll, and probably every other media outlet in the UK.

You can't go calling fellow pro's cheats!! Even when someone has blatantly dived you almost never, if at all ever, hear managers or players using that word.

We should have issued an apology by now and man'd up about it all.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

legal action on 18:21 - Oct 20 with 2380 viewsJackFish

I've got no problem with Monk calling a cheat a cheat.
legal action on 18:25 - Oct 20 with 2355 views_

legal action on 18:21 - Oct 20 by JackFish

I've got no problem with Monk calling a cheat a cheat.

Unfortunately for us a Planet Swans poster on an internet site having no problem with this means, well, fack all....

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

legal action on 18:27 - Oct 20 with 2337 viewsJackFish

Oh sorry, I didn't realise we weren't allowed to post opinions any more.

This will go the same way as the West Ham legal challenge last season I'm sure.
Login to get fewer ads

legal action on 18:31 - Oct 20 with 2315 viewsPrivate_Partz

legal action on 18:27 - Oct 20 by JackFish

Oh sorry, I didn't realise we weren't allowed to post opinions any more.

This will go the same way as the West Ham legal challenge last season I'm sure.

One of the headlines on BBC Cardiff. Oh joy!

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

legal action on 18:31 - Oct 20 with 2314 viewsmonmouth

Ooooh....those pictures eh....if I were Monk I wouldn't be very happy with Rangel not filling me in on he real score at half time.

But....it was a dive. Moses dived. Why not show the frames that clearly show him throwing himself forwards away from Rangel's grip? Problem is, the moral high ground has gone, Rangel tried to get away with a tug after GM declared our penalty after a pull in the area to be 100% a penalty. So he may have got the pen for the wrong thing (he is a diving cheat) but technically it's tough to claim that it's nota penalty.

I would just copy Lord Sir Fergo and shut up about it now if I was GM, just bat it away with a 'that's all over' comment if asked. I think he might come to regret raising his head with the press though....they'll be looking for stories now and I'm sure Chico's dives will be exhumed soon if not already done. Fat Sam Allardull is probably warming up his outrage as we speak. Also Chico DID dive a fair bit and I don't remember Monk dropping him.....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

legal action on 18:42 - Oct 20 with 2256 viewsOldjack

legal action on 18:31 - Oct 20 by monmouth

Ooooh....those pictures eh....if I were Monk I wouldn't be very happy with Rangel not filling me in on he real score at half time.

But....it was a dive. Moses dived. Why not show the frames that clearly show him throwing himself forwards away from Rangel's grip? Problem is, the moral high ground has gone, Rangel tried to get away with a tug after GM declared our penalty after a pull in the area to be 100% a penalty. So he may have got the pen for the wrong thing (he is a diving cheat) but technically it's tough to claim that it's nota penalty.

I would just copy Lord Sir Fergo and shut up about it now if I was GM, just bat it away with a 'that's all over' comment if asked. I think he might come to regret raising his head with the press though....they'll be looking for stories now and I'm sure Chico's dives will be exhumed soon if not already done. Fat Sam Allardull is probably warming up his outrage as we speak. Also Chico DID dive a fair bit and I don't remember Monk dropping him.....

Chico's diving took a massive dip once Monk became the Gov ,

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

legal action on 18:52 - Oct 20 with 2204 viewsmonmouth

legal action on 18:42 - Oct 20 by Oldjack

Chico's diving took a massive dip once Monk became the Gov ,

Oh yeah I'd actually forgotten, Laudrup, our very own Mr Perfect, was still here then wasn't he.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

legal action on 19:07 - Oct 20 with 2136 viewsQuakerJack

Stoke are scum.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

legal action on 19:11 - Oct 20 with 2116 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I doubt it very much any legal action will be taken .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

legal action on 19:12 - Oct 20 with 2104 viewsperchrockjack

Just checking it's ok to post my opinions on here before moving on again..

Cumin now Chrissy, play tidy

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

legal action on 19:16 - Oct 20 with 2079 viewsairedale

Where's SOTB when you need him? I'm sure this will be right up his street.
legal action on 19:22 - Oct 20 with 2041 views_

legal action on 19:12 - Oct 20 by perchrockjack

Just checking it's ok to post my opinions on here before moving on again..

Cumin now Chrissy, play tidy

?

Your opinions are rarely worth airing but it won't stop you...

legal action on 19:24 - Oct 20 with 2027 viewsperchrockjack

But you said earlier you would always give your opinion .this is what I do.
Anyway, are we moving on or simply carrying on our bitchfest

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

legal action on 19:31 - Oct 20 with 1990 viewsDan_Swan

How can a player suffer from temporary paralysis when they are hardly touched is beyond me? He exaggerated and this is bloody cheating.

Pundits like Shearer and his "entitled to go down" bollocks is exactly what is wrong with the game! But we have to move onto Saturday! And get behind the team!

Still following Dr's orders!

legal action on 19:33 - Oct 20 with 1974 viewsJackFish

I think the problem is, and we've seen it ourselves, is that quite often referees don't give the foul unless you go down. Look at the Hull goal at Arsenal on the weekend, a clear foul but because Flamini stayed on his feet the ref ignored it and Hull scored. When players are not being given decisions unless they go to ground it's no surprise that the amount of diving increases.
legal action on 19:37 - Oct 20 with 1944 views_

legal action on 19:24 - Oct 20 by perchrockjack

But you said earlier you would always give your opinion .this is what I do.
Anyway, are we moving on or simply carrying on our bitchfest

You wrote a post to me....

Something about opinions and playing tidy?!

WTF are you on about?

legal action on 19:39 - Oct 20 with 1931 viewsDan_Swan

legal action on 19:33 - Oct 20 by JackFish

I think the problem is, and we've seen it ourselves, is that quite often referees don't give the foul unless you go down. Look at the Hull goal at Arsenal on the weekend, a clear foul but because Flamini stayed on his feet the ref ignored it and Hull scored. When players are not being given decisions unless they go to ground it's no surprise that the amount of diving increases.

Unfortunately it's the exagerration of players that makes the fouls harder for the referees to spot. The problem is not with the referees but institutionalised cheating that all clubs are guilty of.

We are a bit too honest at times and it costs us, but I would rather us be this way than cheat *

*-yes I know our players also exagerrate at times

legal action on 19:45 - Oct 20 with 1890 views_

legal action on 19:31 - Oct 20 by Dan_Swan

How can a player suffer from temporary paralysis when they are hardly touched is beyond me? He exaggerated and this is bloody cheating.

Pundits like Shearer and his "entitled to go down" bollocks is exactly what is wrong with the game! But we have to move onto Saturday! And get behind the team!

Ok but is it legal to grab a shirt and tug it?

I mean it goes on in most areas of the pitch but is it legal?

If you were running at goal in the Swansea league and someone pulled your shirt back stopping all of your momentum what would you be shouting for?

legal action on 19:48 - Oct 20 with 1863 viewsDan_Swan

legal action on 19:45 - Oct 20 by _

Ok but is it legal to grab a shirt and tug it?

I mean it goes on in most areas of the pitch but is it legal?

If you were running at goal in the Swansea league and someone pulled your shirt back stopping all of your momentum what would you be shouting for?

I'm not disputing the legalities of anything, grabbing a shirt is a foul yes, but how can the said shirt pull result in losing the use of your legs?

legal action on 19:50 - Oct 20 with 1851 viewsScoobyWho

I thought there had to be a point in law or a breach of some form of legislation for there to be legal redress ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024