Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An easy way to solve the problem of "cheats" and our "fans" 18:06 - Oct 20 with 481 viewsJackfath

Every Premier League match is televised. There is a 4th official who does little apart from telling people to step inside their technical areas and hold up an electronic board.

Why not use a TV in the tunnel to review appeals from the captain of the team in such situations similar to Sundays?

Only the captain is able to call for a review and as a team you are only allowed a certain number in a match, one per half possibly.

This would not halt the flow of the game, maybe a decison could be reached in 30 seconds or so. However Very few instances would occur as the "cheats" would soon stop as, if they've dived then they get sent off.

I am also rather dismayed that, after an away game in this league people are now calling for Monks head, some even suggesting Tony Pulis is the answer. Before he went to his last club he was the long ball devil and the vast majority disliked his style 100%. The polar opposite to our style of recent years.

Supporting a club means you do just that. Not call for sackings as soon as the going gets tough.

My conclusion; "fans" of Swansea City have recently become spoiled. The expect to win every match and have no idea of the realities of the glorious situation we find ourselves in.

Edit: As an extra improvement to the game, referees to use the disappearing foam to mark where throw ins should be taken from. This will stop teams from "cheating".
[Post edited 20 Oct 2014 18:08]

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

An easy way to solve the problem of "cheats" and our "fans" on 18:09 - Oct 20 with 466 views_

I don't see or have read anywhere where anyone is calling for Monk to be sacked.

And your other point is laughable.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

An easy way to solve the problem of "cheats" and our "fans" on 18:12 - Oct 20 with 452 viewsMrSwan

Television reviews are very simple an very effective we currently have a system which alone is for deciding if the ball has crossed the line and no doubt this has cost a fortune to develop so why do we not scrap that and use television replays for example a team is limited to two reviews in a game i am confident that if we had this kind of system a lot of our recent games we lost would have been won.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

An easy way to solve the problem of "cheats" and our "fans" on 18:12 - Oct 20 with 449 viewsJackfath

An easy way to solve the problem of "cheats" and our "fans" on 18:09 - Oct 20 by _

I don't see or have read anywhere where anyone is calling for Monk to be sacked.

And your other point is laughable.

I've seen at least three threads asking who should he be replaced with.

Why is the other point laughable? Other sports have done and improved. Tennis and Rugby to name but two.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

An easy way to solve the problem of "cheats" and our "fans" on 18:15 - Oct 20 with 431 viewsPrivate_Partz

The video ref works very well in rugby. Unfortunately we still would have conceded a penalty on this occasion.
In such circumstances I suspect we would see a lot more penalties as the letter of the law would be applied. On the plus side more player would get their collars felt for diving.
I completely agree on the Pullis thing. Moyes was also mentioned. Hopefully it will not go tits up for Garry but if it does than we need someone who will continue the style of football that has served us so well.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

An easy way to solve the problem of "cheats" and our "fans" on 18:18 - Oct 20 with 424 viewsJackfath

An easy way to solve the problem of "cheats" and our "fans" on 18:15 - Oct 20 by Private_Partz

The video ref works very well in rugby. Unfortunately we still would have conceded a penalty on this occasion.
In such circumstances I suspect we would see a lot more penalties as the letter of the law would be applied. On the plus side more player would get their collars felt for diving.
I completely agree on the Pullis thing. Moyes was also mentioned. Hopefully it will not go tits up for Garry but if it does than we need someone who will continue the style of football that has served us so well.

Why would we have conceded a penalty on this occasion?

An easy way to solve the problem of "cheats" and our "fans" on 18:32 - Oct 20 with 394 viewslonglostjack

I agree - they have to make better use of technology and yes whether to award a penalty may well be more difficult to clearly establish than a try. Maybe the 4th official could override the refs decision. They would have the benefit of camera angles slow motion etc. so bound to be more accurate unless of course the 4th official is called Madley. The change would also improve the big screen experience :-))

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

An easy way to solve the problem of "cheats" and our "fans" on 19:15 - Oct 20 with 334 viewsperchrockjack

Not calling for him to be sacked but his sacking would not be exactly moaned ,would it really. Rank hypocrisy seeping through now.

Monks appointment was not exactly welcomed by some was it.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

An easy way to solve the problem of "cheats" and our "fans" on 19:26 - Oct 20 with 323 viewsunion_jack

An easy way to solve the problem of "cheats" and our "fans" on 18:18 - Oct 20 by Jackfath

Why would we have conceded a penalty on this occasion?

Think it was because there was photographic evidence that AR had Moses shirt in his grasp.

My argument would be that it couldn't possibly have affected him in the way it did but if you go by the letter of the law?

If it was liken rugby then in this case Oliver could ask "was Moses tripped?". Answer no. But if he asked is there any reason why he should not award the penalty, then a 4th official could say no, it is a penalty because of the tug.

I don't know if it was caught in film though but I said in another thread how long did he have the shirt in his grasp and did Moses realise even?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024