Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apolgy from Mr Monk please. 18:56 - Oct 20 with 5741 viewswestwiltsjack

I like the guy but, he's made an error and needs to make that clear to the player involved, the ref and Stoke City.

Moses still threw himself to the floor but there's a difference between letting the ref know that you've been impeded and 'cheating'.

Garry - do your club a service and publicly apologise. Take it on the chin and move on having learn't a lesson.
Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 22:23 - Oct 20 with 1290 viewsDaithejack

F#%k um, I say. Stick to your guns Gary son, everything he said was spot on and its about time somebody had the balls to say it, the standard of the officials in the premiere league is F#%king shocking when compared to what you see in the champions league and Europe. Richest, most watched league in the world with the worst f#%king officials.

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 00:36 - Oct 21 with 1227 views_

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 20:56 - Oct 20 by jackharris

Victor Moses dived and he cheated by doing so. Garry Monk was spot on. Where in the world do you get the idea that he didn't dive?

Dived or went to ground because Rangel had a fistful of his shirt?

It don't matter what you want to call it, the sheer evidence is there of an "infringement" in the box. Now the last time I looked they give pens for that sort of shit.

If Rangel didn't have him by the shirt then I think you'd get everyone universally saying he dived - but hey, he did, so you ain't.

It's not difficult is it?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 00:37 - Oct 21 with 1218 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

What I dislike is that he's put the club in the spotlight.

Even the slightest bit of unsportsmanlike play from Swansea City will result in the press hammering us and rightly so.

It was an incredibly idiotic rant and I'd like to think he'll get fined by the club as well as by the F.A.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 00:39 - Oct 21 with 1217 viewsMrSwan

So all the times that managers such as Alex Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger among others who have slagged a referee of our manager isn't allowed to do it is what your saying and now you want him to apologise and beg for forgiveness for absolutely nothing the only one begging for forgiveness and apologising for their appalling behaviour should be Mr Hughes and Mr Moses.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 00:48 - Oct 21 with 1211 views_

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 00:39 - Oct 21 by MrSwan

So all the times that managers such as Alex Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger among others who have slagged a referee of our manager isn't allowed to do it is what your saying and now you want him to apologise and beg for forgiveness for absolutely nothing the only one begging for forgiveness and apologising for their appalling behaviour should be Mr Hughes and Mr Moses.

Can you tell me where they've called someone a cheat?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 00:58 - Oct 21 with 1203 viewsMrSwan

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 00:48 - Oct 21 by _

Can you tell me where they've called someone a cheat?

I'm not sure they have used the words 'cheat' but who knows the may have done at some point. but as i said they have all complained about referees but i don't see what's wrong with calling Moses a cheat because isn't that exactly what he has done? It could have been worded better by Monk but I see no point in that because he is a CHEAT.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 01:19 - Oct 21 with 1188 viewsParlay

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 22:22 - Oct 20 by westwiltsjack

Dear god! My 'arrows' are at minus 8 on Planet Swans forum!!!! Why, that's a personal f&*^%$g disaster and I must change my opinion immediately. Victor Moses is a cheat!
You win the 'debate' Jack, without even debating, you're a genious.

I like to think I'm a fairly straight talking, straight thinking kind of a guy. Not one for bias, positive or negative spins - just say it as i see it.

I dont think any other team has been so consistently sinned against by refs than Swansea City. From phantom penalties (multiple times), to weird disallowed goals, to unpunished stone wallers, to opponent offside goals given etc etc etc id actually love to see the DVD Garry and his men put together because for a pure comedy DVD it would be up there with Fawlty Towers.

Garry has my full backing with what he said. Some may have kept their powder dry, some may have said it in less harsh terms, but Garry does it this way and he wears his heart on his sleeve. Good on him, maybe a ref may think twice next week if he fancies giving a soft pen to even things up if we have been given one earlier as there will be more focus on it.

In management you cannot please everyone. We were top of the league 3 wins out of 3 and some still were only begrudgingly happy. Garry is doing a good job. His interview will divide opinion, and there is nothing wrong with that.... but he certainly has nothing to apologise for. The OP, on that front, im afraid is horrific.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 1:22]

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 01:33 - Oct 21 with 1177 viewsC_jack

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 01:19 - Oct 21 by Parlay

I like to think I'm a fairly straight talking, straight thinking kind of a guy. Not one for bias, positive or negative spins - just say it as i see it.

I dont think any other team has been so consistently sinned against by refs than Swansea City. From phantom penalties (multiple times), to weird disallowed goals, to unpunished stone wallers, to opponent offside goals given etc etc etc id actually love to see the DVD Garry and his men put together because for a pure comedy DVD it would be up there with Fawlty Towers.

Garry has my full backing with what he said. Some may have kept their powder dry, some may have said it in less harsh terms, but Garry does it this way and he wears his heart on his sleeve. Good on him, maybe a ref may think twice next week if he fancies giving a soft pen to even things up if we have been given one earlier as there will be more focus on it.

In management you cannot please everyone. We were top of the league 3 wins out of 3 and some still were only begrudgingly happy. Garry is doing a good job. His interview will divide opinion, and there is nothing wrong with that.... but he certainly has nothing to apologise for. The OP, on that front, im afraid is horrific.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 1:22]

The only problem with that is every other team in the world argue the same.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Login to get fewer ads

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 01:41 - Oct 21 with 1171 viewsdameedna

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 20:56 - Oct 20 by jackharris

Victor Moses dived and he cheated by doing so. Garry Monk was spot on. Where in the world do you get the idea that he didn't dive?

All professional footballers cheat and practice how to do it

Moses is a cheat

Bet he sleeps easy
Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 02:18 - Oct 21 with 1153 viewsWanderer

What would have Laudrup said.......mmmm, probably not as much as Gary did.
And (could be wrong here) Mark Hughes has gone off on a few rants about penalty desicions himself!
Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 03:17 - Oct 21 with 1135 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 01:41 - Oct 21 by dameedna

All professional footballers cheat and practice how to do it

Moses is a cheat

Bet he sleeps easy

Looked to me as if Rangel tried stopping him via tugging at his shirt, which I believe is a foul.

A soft penalty yes but it was a foul inside the box.

Calling it cheating is childish and shows a lack of maturity, it shows a lack of intelligence and shows that Garry is perhaps not ready for the job at hand.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 07:57 - Oct 21 with 1090 viewsParlay

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 03:17 - Oct 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Looked to me as if Rangel tried stopping him via tugging at his shirt, which I believe is a foul.

A soft penalty yes but it was a foul inside the box.

Calling it cheating is childish and shows a lack of maturity, it shows a lack of intelligence and shows that Garry is perhaps not ready for the job at hand.

Simply clenching someones jersey is not an offence, if you are stopping their movement by holding the jersey, is, however. It didn't look like Rangel pulled him back or impeded him in any way shape or form.

Forum celebrity

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 08:34 - Oct 21 with 1055 viewsStarsky

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 00:36 - Oct 21 by _

Dived or went to ground because Rangel had a fistful of his shirt?

It don't matter what you want to call it, the sheer evidence is there of an "infringement" in the box. Now the last time I looked they give pens for that sort of shit.

If Rangel didn't have him by the shirt then I think you'd get everyone universally saying he dived - but hey, he did, so you ain't.

It's not difficult is it?

Apart from the ref and Mark Hughes and yourself... Everyone in the media and 99% on here are saying it was never a penalty. Rangel did make contact but not enough to make Moses crash land.
After watching Hughes squirming whilst saying that the first penalty was harsh and the second one was justified. I have no respect left for that man.
Chris, he even said that "with Bony being 16 stone he went down too easily" but Bony was more spun around than pushed, which explains that. With Moses going down so easily, he blamed it on momentum. There was no momentum in the contact though.
I'll take an honest, naive, passionate manager like Monk over an old fossil like Hughes any day.
The only aspect I agree with is that Monk went too far with his outburst but despite it probably getting him a fine/ban, it has brought the cheating subject to the fore.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 8:39]

It's just the internet, init.

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 08:44 - Oct 21 with 1044 viewsmonmouth

If anyone wants to see another real rant, watch Harry the Twitch on Taarabt. It's Triffic.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 09:12 - Oct 21 with 1018 viewsSpratty

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 07:57 - Oct 21 by Parlay

Simply clenching someones jersey is not an offence, if you are stopping their movement by holding the jersey, is, however. It didn't look like Rangel pulled him back or impeded him in any way shape or form.

Except that you can clearly see by the stretching of his top that Angel is pulling down and back on him which is bound to some extent to impede his progress.

Why did Rangel as can clearly be seen deliberately reach his arm right out and grab his shirt and pull down on it if not to impede him.

The grip is seen to be made prior to Moses starting to come down and is maintained as he falls to his knees as can clearly be seen by his top still in Angel's grip being pulled up over his stomach and twisted to where Rangel's fist is still firmly holding it.

We then crow about our honesty

If we abhor cheating
why did we lie about there being no contact even posting it on our official website
why did we repeatedly abuse an individual player for going down in the box under impediment which happens all the time in football and that impediment is a foul.

Yet we are so classy as a club we used a lie to rip a player apart, swear, impugn his family life crow about our personal morals and rip into the ref because we were so angry about our 2nd half performance again and as a way to deflect from the self imposed pressure our manager has put himself under.

It is embarrassing to our club. If we want to do something about this kind of thing it is admirable but we do it coldly and calmly and not as a cover for a poor performance and not as a personal attack on an individual player on national media - which is based on our lie and in a state of pure anger and frustration at losing a match.

It reminds me of the way Angel was hung out to dry for cowardice on national TV by our manager after the Hull game. Always the blame game.
Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 09:31 - Oct 21 with 973 viewsParlay

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 09:12 - Oct 21 by Spratty

Except that you can clearly see by the stretching of his top that Angel is pulling down and back on him which is bound to some extent to impede his progress.

Why did Rangel as can clearly be seen deliberately reach his arm right out and grab his shirt and pull down on it if not to impede him.

The grip is seen to be made prior to Moses starting to come down and is maintained as he falls to his knees as can clearly be seen by his top still in Angel's grip being pulled up over his stomach and twisted to where Rangel's fist is still firmly holding it.

We then crow about our honesty

If we abhor cheating
why did we lie about there being no contact even posting it on our official website
why did we repeatedly abuse an individual player for going down in the box under impediment which happens all the time in football and that impediment is a foul.

Yet we are so classy as a club we used a lie to rip a player apart, swear, impugn his family life crow about our personal morals and rip into the ref because we were so angry about our 2nd half performance again and as a way to deflect from the self imposed pressure our manager has put himself under.

It is embarrassing to our club. If we want to do something about this kind of thing it is admirable but we do it coldly and calmly and not as a cover for a poor performance and not as a personal attack on an individual player on national media - which is based on our lie and in a state of pure anger and frustration at losing a match.

It reminds me of the way Angel was hung out to dry for cowardice on national TV by our manager after the Hull game. Always the blame game.

I have no idea, im not Rangel. Maybe to keep his own balance or to feel he was "touch tight"... However what remains is no way did Rangels minimal contact impede him in terms of forward motion or even more inexplicably to fall forwards. If he was pulling him back then he would indeed, be pulled back. He wasn't.

As every single pundit I've seen who watched it has scoffed at the decision. It was not a penalty as much as many on here would love it to be, to the point where i genuinely believe if the ref had his time again he would not have given it.

Monk was spot on with what he said. Whether he should have said it or not is another debate. He feels he should have and it needed to be said and thats good enough for me.

Forum celebrity

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 11:42 - Oct 21 with 927 viewsPrivate_Partz

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 09:31 - Oct 21 by Parlay

I have no idea, im not Rangel. Maybe to keep his own balance or to feel he was "touch tight"... However what remains is no way did Rangels minimal contact impede him in terms of forward motion or even more inexplicably to fall forwards. If he was pulling him back then he would indeed, be pulled back. He wasn't.

As every single pundit I've seen who watched it has scoffed at the decision. It was not a penalty as much as many on here would love it to be, to the point where i genuinely believe if the ref had his time again he would not have given it.

Monk was spot on with what he said. Whether he should have said it or not is another debate. He feels he should have and it needed to be said and thats good enough for me.

I must admit I never thought of holding his shirt to keep his own balance but that is even more unlikely than holding his shirt to stop him falling. The fact was Rangel was done for pace and tugged on his shirt. Moses took the opportunity to go down easily which is deplorable. Unfortunately there are far worse examples of this going on where no contact whatsoever is made and the player goes down. I feel Gary should have waited for this type of example before using the 'cheat' word.
The good news is time is moving on and Talk Sh!te and their ilk will soon have another 'scandal' to argue about and this will all be forgotten. I am now in the no apology camp.
As an aside who was the player who put in a very poor tackle to allow Rangel to be exposed on the inside? It appears Angel's intention was to shepherd Moses to the by line. Taking one for the team springs to mind there and Moses should have been floored before he got to the area.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 16:48 - Oct 21 with 880 viewsOldjack

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 02:18 - Oct 21 by Wanderer

What would have Laudrup said.......mmmm, probably not as much as Gary did.
And (could be wrong here) Mark Hughes has gone off on a few rants about penalty desicions himself!

Mike never ever muttered a word when Chico used to cheat ,that to me is bang out of order ,If Gary seems fit to fine players for cheating then that's fine by me ,cheating and winning at al cost gets a big no from me aswell

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 18:06 - Oct 21 with 865 viewsSpratty

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 16:48 - Oct 21 by Oldjack

Mike never ever muttered a word when Chico used to cheat ,that to me is bang out of order ,If Gary seems fit to fine players for cheating then that's fine by me ,cheating and winning at al cost gets a big no from me aswell

Actually I quite clearly remember Laudrup saying he had spoken to Chico about this.

So I would say yet another untruth about our ex manager is bang out of order
Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 18:24 - Oct 21 with 854 viewsOldjack

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 18:06 - Oct 21 by Spratty

Actually I quite clearly remember Laudrup saying he had spoken to Chico about this.

So I would say yet another untruth about our ex manager is bang out of order

Well whatever he said[if he said anything ] it didn't work did it , Monks is going down the right road to stamp out this horrible carbuncle in the beautiful game

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 18:37 - Oct 21 with 846 viewsSpratty

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 18:24 - Oct 21 by Oldjack

Well whatever he said[if he said anything ] it didn't work did it , Monks is going down the right road to stamp out this horrible carbuncle in the beautiful game

Quite possibly but that is not the same as not muttering a word

I agree with the destination - not so sure about the route. There are ways of pushing this and taking a lead on it which would earn Garry and our club a lot of respect. But none of them involve making angry abusive personal attacks I would say.

It is however far from an easy issue when there has been contact (as there clearly was in our case even though we denied this - which is not very honest in itself - so we need to be careful setting ourselves up as paragons of virtue).

When Siggy went down in the box, if the ref had incorrectly thought there had been contact and given a pen - should . would we have refused it?

Have you ever noticed Bony going down quite easily? (not talking about when he was wrestled to the ground for our pen)
Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 18:43 - Oct 21 with 840 viewsOldjack

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 18:37 - Oct 21 by Spratty

Quite possibly but that is not the same as not muttering a word

I agree with the destination - not so sure about the route. There are ways of pushing this and taking a lead on it which would earn Garry and our club a lot of respect. But none of them involve making angry abusive personal attacks I would say.

It is however far from an easy issue when there has been contact (as there clearly was in our case even though we denied this - which is not very honest in itself - so we need to be careful setting ourselves up as paragons of virtue).

When Siggy went down in the box, if the ref had incorrectly thought there had been contact and given a pen - should . would we have refused it?

Have you ever noticed Bony going down quite easily? (not talking about when he was wrestled to the ground for our pen)

yes i have and he needs to cut it out ,when it's a blatent dive or play acting the club whomever they should be should come down hard on the culprits not back them up as many do ,it's the only way too stamp it out

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 18:45 - Oct 21 with 835 viewsJethroJack

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 00:37 - Oct 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What I dislike is that he's put the club in the spotlight.

Even the slightest bit of unsportsmanlike play from Swansea City will result in the press hammering us and rightly so.

It was an incredibly idiotic rant and I'd like to think he'll get fined by the club as well as by the F.A.

DYSS....A.D.D.
You're history, good boy
Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 18:53 - Oct 21 with 828 viewsPlazex

Go be a scummer please. Monk was well within his rights to say that, after all it was true.

Poll: Where will we finish?

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 18:55 - Oct 21 with 825 viewsSpratty

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 18:43 - Oct 21 by Oldjack

yes i have and he needs to cut it out ,when it's a blatent dive or play acting the club whomever they should be should come down hard on the culprits not back them up as many do ,it's the only way too stamp it out

Agree just we would be pretty upset if another club picked this up and went on a serious abusive rant against Bony - who in general terms I would say is very gentlemanly on the pitch.

Fine if they raised it or even complained.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024