Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apolgy from Mr Monk please. 18:56 - Oct 20 with 5777 viewswestwiltsjack

I like the guy but, he's made an error and needs to make that clear to the player involved, the ref and Stoke City.

Moses still threw himself to the floor but there's a difference between letting the ref know that you've been impeded and 'cheating'.

Garry - do your club a service and publicly apologise. Take it on the chin and move on having learn't a lesson.
Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 19:57 - Oct 21 with 1304 viewsperchrockjack

Dwight.WRONG , it wasn't . You ve made your point so please don't fall into the trap others fall into of carrying on a line of posts just to provoke- and you are..

Doesn't take much to wind us up ,true enough , I ll concede that.

Could I also suggest changing that avatar as it makes me bilious to look at him but on the other hand makes me glad I had my daughter see an orthodontist when it was crucial to avoid further disfiguration

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 20:01 - Oct 21 with 1297 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 19:57 - Oct 21 by perchrockjack

Dwight.WRONG , it wasn't . You ve made your point so please don't fall into the trap others fall into of carrying on a line of posts just to provoke- and you are..

Doesn't take much to wind us up ,true enough , I ll concede that.

Could I also suggest changing that avatar as it makes me bilious to look at him but on the other hand makes me glad I had my daughter see an orthodontist when it was crucial to avoid further disfiguration

I'm not going to continue posting about that particular topic as it is too hot of a topic for many to debate sensibly.

I like you Perch and I would do my best to do whatever you asked of me but my avatar is unique to me and is arguably the most recognisable avatar on the site currently.

Changing it would be of no benefit to me. I'm glad your daughter has excellent dental structure though.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 20:07 - Oct 21 with 1277 viewsC_jack

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 00:37 - Oct 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What I dislike is that he's put the club in the spotlight.

Even the slightest bit of unsportsmanlike play from Swansea City will result in the press hammering us and rightly so.

It was an incredibly idiotic rant and I'd like to think he'll get fined by the club as well as by the F.A.

Bang on.

Refs have a notorious pack-like mentality, can you really blame them? they will always stand up and cover for one another. Go out of your way to ridicule one and you're hardly going to put yourself on the xmas card list of all the others.

If his aim was to get the better side of the split decisions from now on, then I feel he will have failed, spectacularly.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 20:09 - Oct 21 with 1269 viewsperchrockjack

Fair enough..
Wish others could disagree with you in the same fashion.

My daughter ,safe to say ,is a beautiful woman but as a 12/13/ old had horrendous problems over front teeth and jaw structure which meant if not altered ,she d have ended up like Gail Tilsley (coronation st) . We paid good money to get it sorted and it was quite painful treatment for a while.

When youre older and /if have children, take a tip and invest everything in and with them as you will be paid back.

Still hate that Yorke chap

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 20:12 - Oct 21 with 1257 viewslondonlisa2001

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 20:07 - Oct 21 by C_jack

Bang on.

Refs have a notorious pack-like mentality, can you really blame them? they will always stand up and cover for one another. Go out of your way to ridicule one and you're hardly going to put yourself on the xmas card list of all the others.

If his aim was to get the better side of the split decisions from now on, then I feel he will have failed, spectacularly.

to be fair though, DYSS saying this is ironic in the extreme given that there was no manager who did it more regularly than SAF and he wouldn't dream of saying that was anything other than excellent management.

And, as an aside, SAF's constant criticism of refs didn't seem to result in Man Utd getting the wrong side of split decisions.
Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 20:14 - Oct 21 with 1247 viewsperchrockjack

which is why notwithstanding his achivements, Ferguson was not a man for me to "admire"

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 20:14 - Oct 21 with 1247 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 20:12 - Oct 21 by londonlisa2001

to be fair though, DYSS saying this is ironic in the extreme given that there was no manager who did it more regularly than SAF and he wouldn't dream of saying that was anything other than excellent management.

And, as an aside, SAF's constant criticism of refs didn't seem to result in Man Utd getting the wrong side of split decisions.

Sir Alex was a one off and a man who had clear influence behind the scenes in English football.

Garry Monk is a rookie manager who has no credibility as a manager and doesn't demand the same sort of respect as Sir Alex did. Even in his early days at Manchester United he was a world famous manager due to his exploits in Scotland.

Comparing the two isn't really appropriate.

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 20:14 - Oct 21 with 1244 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 20:09 - Oct 21 by perchrockjack

Fair enough..
Wish others could disagree with you in the same fashion.

My daughter ,safe to say ,is a beautiful woman but as a 12/13/ old had horrendous problems over front teeth and jaw structure which meant if not altered ,she d have ended up like Gail Tilsley (coronation st) . We paid good money to get it sorted and it was quite painful treatment for a while.

When youre older and /if have children, take a tip and invest everything in and with them as you will be paid back.

Still hate that Yorke chap

Great footballer though.

Login to get fewer ads

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 20:18 - Oct 21 with 1233 viewsperchrockjack

Ferguson was a rookie once ...
Monk has credibility and this is key now in the snide remarks being made..
Its fans natural reaction to support the manager first of all even if her s wrong..

Its not right necessarily but its fans and its a result of passion.

Ferguson was instrumental in the intimidation of officials -a poison that has lingered_

THE FACT HE WAS SO SUCCESSFUL proves he was a great operator

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 20:23 - Oct 21 with 1220 viewsC_jack

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 20:12 - Oct 21 by londonlisa2001

SAF was a wily old goat though, he knew what to say and how to stay just on the right side of the line, Mourinho has become the same.

SAF was alleged to have the private numbers of numerous referees in his phonebook during his time, he had influence over them, but in no way did that come from labelling them as 'cheats'
[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 20:24]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Apolgy from Mr Monk please. on 21:01 - Oct 21 with 1179 viewsSpratty

Made me read this again and cracked me up once again. Alex rage at not winning and Laudrup just totally ignoring it all.

Made me Laugh where Laudrup said
"In the same game last season we maybe had too much respect for Manchester United. Our players had only seen them on the television"

Heres the whole thing if anyone wants a good laugh: Don't know if Alex got into trouble but he just seems to tiptoe along the brink - probably well aware of how far he could go. Only Alex could accuse a player of attempted murder.

"In the Van Persie situation you can clearly see that he could have been killed," he told Sky Sports News. "The FA has got to look into it regardless that he has been given a yellow card. He should be banned for a long time because that was the most dangerous thing I've seen on a football field for many years.

"It was absolutely deliberate. The whistle has gone, the game has stopped and he has done that right in front of the referee, he could have killed the lad. It was a disgraceful act."

In a BBC interview Ferguson added: "Robin van Persie is lucky to be alive … Robin could have had a broken neck."

Ferguson was angry with Oliver's officiating throughout a match in which a Patrice Evra header was cancelled out by Michu. "The referee had one of those days where we didn't get anything out of him," he said. "It was a shocking performance. I know he is a young referee but I was disappointed with that performance."

Michael Laudrup, the Swansea manager, was puzzled by his opposite number's sense of outrage. He said: "I don't think Alex meant 'kill him' literally. These things happen in games. You get angry in the moment, but then you shake hands and carry on."

Laudrup preferred to concentrate on an encouraging performance and result. He said: "In the same game last season we maybe had too much respect for Manchester United. Our players had only seen them on the television. This time we stood up to them and the result could have gone either way in the end."

Just remembered how Chico went to help VP up all concerned, then tripped him up so he was grovelling at Ash's feet - Got to hand it to Chico hell of a character
[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 21:06]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024