Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cawl 19:18 - Oct 20 with 890 viewsPacemaker

Mrs told me yesterday she had bought some lovely lamb from a very nice shop and was making Cawl today which would be ready when I got home from work.

Got home no Cawl, lamb had gone off and it was sold to her Saturday with an out of date use by date phoned up the shop and the boss was full of apologies, he said " I am so disappointed this has happened"

I said " not as disappointed as me I was coming home from work expecting Cawl" He said " oh I feel really bad now, I will fetch another leg over now" and he did all the way from Fforestfach to Baglan.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Cawl on 19:22 - Oct 20 with 881 viewsLeonisGod

I've never understood the Welsh fascination with taking a lovely joint of lamb and sticking it in a soup. I can eat soup when I've lost my teeth. Until then cook proper food

(if the missus is reading, I don't mean you dear - your cawl is superb ).
Cawl on 19:30 - Oct 20 with 867 viewsPacemaker

Cawl on 19:22 - Oct 20 by LeonisGod

I've never understood the Welsh fascination with taking a lovely joint of lamb and sticking it in a soup. I can eat soup when I've lost my teeth. Until then cook proper food

(if the missus is reading, I don't mean you dear - your cawl is superb ).

I love Cawl once it's two days old and all the flavours coming out all that swede, parsnip, carrots, leek, carrots, pots and lamb is gorgeous.

Get some proper chunks of bread and I am done, I would eat it every meal if I could, proper italian Minestrone is next a close second on my list. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Cawl on 19:33 - Oct 20 with 864 viewsjack_lord

I think it is best to use neck for the cawl and it is one of our finest little meals served with some warm fresh bread and butter.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Cawl on 19:36 - Oct 20 with 862 viewsPacemaker

Cawl on 19:33 - Oct 20 by jack_lord

I think it is best to use neck for the cawl and it is one of our finest little meals served with some warm fresh bread and butter.

I don't do butter just bread in a nice thick slice, my father grates vintage cheese into his

Cawl on 19:38 - Oct 20 with 854 viewsunion_jack

Cawl on 19:36 - Oct 20 by Pacemaker

I don't do butter just bread in a nice thick slice, my father grates vintage cheese into his

Plus a healthy dose of Tabasco!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Cawl on 19:38 - Oct 20 with 854 viewsjack_lord

Cheese with cawl uch y fi. I want some some now :)

Cawl on 19:40 - Oct 20 with 848 viewslonglostjack

Cawl on 19:36 - Oct 20 by Pacemaker

I think we used to have a lump of cheese in it at school unless my memory is playing tricks.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Cawl on 19:44 - Oct 20 with 838 viewsjack_lord

My wife says that she used to have it with cheese.

Login to get fewer ads

Cawl on 19:47 - Oct 20 with 828 viewsPacemaker

Cawl on 19:38 - Oct 20 by jack_lord

Cheese with cawl uch y fi. I want some some now :)

Now is the time to open up a Cawl stall outside the Liberty, make a statement about local produce with a few local beers as well.

I would also like to see proper butchers faggits (it won't let me spell it properly unacceptable language) with Onion gravy, a few peas and a large lump of bread.

I am flipping starving now.

Cawl on 19:51 - Oct 20 with 822 viewsjack_lord

My grandmother used to make delicious fagg 0ts and they used to sell them in the butchers. They did own the butchers though :)

Cawl on 20:34 - Oct 20 with 786 viewslifelong

Needs to get a bit colder before I start on the cawl.

Great food.
Cawl on 20:36 - Oct 20 with 785 viewsPacemaker

Cawl on 19:51 - Oct 20 by jack_lord

My grandmother used to make delicious fagg 0ts and they used to sell them in the butchers. They did own the butchers though :)

Butchers in Aberavon used to make them and one of the boys I played rugby with used to buy them by the trayful and eat the lot!

He was playing no8 for Aberavon at the time!

Cawl on 22:06 - Oct 20 with 728 viewsswanny

I know it's not strictly legit, but I do like to put pearl barley in my cawl

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Cawl on 22:13 - Oct 20 with 716 viewsLeonisGod

Cawl on 19:33 - Oct 20 by jack_lord

That says more about the dubious quality of Welsh cuisine to be honest. I mean, lava bread. Wtf is that all about?
Cawl on 22:22 - Oct 20 with 707 viewslonglostjack

Cawl on 22:13 - Oct 20 by LeonisGod

That says more about the dubious quality of Welsh cuisine to be honest. I mean, lava bread. Wtf is that all about?

Jellied eels to you too

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Cawl on 23:13 - Oct 20 with 677 viewsepaul

Cawl on 22:13 - Oct 20 by LeonisGod

Nectar of the gods, Jellied eels are disgusting

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Cawl on 17:15 - Oct 21 with 585 viewsPacemaker

Got my Cawl waiting for me tonight.

It will be my Lamb Shank Redemption

Cawl on 10:09 - Oct 22 with 526 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Do not, under any circumstances ruin it by adding swede. It drowns out the delicate flavoured of the lamb, parsnips, leeks and carrots!!!!!!!!!!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cawl on 10:11 - Oct 22 with 524 viewsLeonisGod

Cawl on 22:22 - Oct 20 by longlostjack

Jellied eels to you too

Arf. Not a patch on traditional English beef bourguignon
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024