Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bafetimbi Gomis 21:55 - Oct 20 with 1474 viewsWxmJax

Granted I've only actually seen him play 'in the flesh' 4 times this season, and 3 of them were as a substitute, but I'm not filled with joy by anything he's done yet. Both at Stoke and Sunderland when he came on he barely broke in to a sweat. His speed is deceptive, he's actually a lot slower than he looks, his first touch leaves a lot to be desired and for someone who is supposed to be challenging Wilfy for a place in the starting line up I just wish that he'd try a bit harder. I would take Marvin over him at the moment. Only saw him on the internet against Man U but when he came on I thought we've got another good one here but nothing he's done since has convinced me that we have. I understand that it's a big upheaval moving to another country, I just want him to prove me wrong.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Bafetimbi Gomis on 22:00 - Oct 20 with 1440 viewsScoobyWho

He has offered very little, but then we have spent five weeks of offering very little as a team. Big voices behind the team saturday, extra three hrs in the pub may help oil the larynx enough to scare the fuc kers to three points.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Bafetimbi Gomis on 22:15 - Oct 20 with 1383 viewsSpratty

I defer to DrWinston on this as he expresses my opinion on this so much more incisively than me. But something along the lines of:

The lad needs to be given a proper chance with an appropriate team game plan (backed up with training) that best suits his skills as differentiated from Bony's.

The problem is - as with Bony last year it is difficult trying to balance maintaining performance level! / results whilst trying to integrate and bring up to speed a new key player.
Bafetimbi Gomis on 22:20 - Oct 20 with 1339 viewsLeonisGod

I though Marv would have been a good option up front yesterday at the end. The cheeky blighters were pushing up against us, so someone with a bit of pace looking to get in behind might have just given them something different to think about. Clutching at straws maybe.
Bafetimbi Gomis on 22:34 - Oct 20 with 1299 viewsWxmJax

I was hoping that Dyer or Routledge would have pushed the ball past their defenders and tried them for pace or even passes over the top for them to run on to but it seemed to be that the ball was always played in to Bony whose first touch wasn't always the best. Saying that Stoke weren't really in it until that penalty.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Bafetimbi Gomis on 22:43 - Oct 20 with 1266 viewsScoobyWho

Bafetimbi Gomis on 22:34 - Oct 20 by WxmJax

I was hoping that Dyer or Routledge would have pushed the ball past their defenders and tried them for pace or even passes over the top for them to run on to but it seemed to be that the ball was always played in to Bony whose first touch wasn't always the best. Saying that Stoke weren't really in it until that penalty.

My view on Gomez and Bony is both have failed to be the players they know and to an extent we hope they can be this season. Both are too lax and are not putting in 100% and this was reflected in Sundays performance. bony was woeful at times, his touch is and continues to be poor half the time and Gomez has done next to nothing since arriving. We are patient at Swansea, but for how much longer ?

Bafetimbi Gomis on 22:53 - Oct 20 with 1238 viewsJJJack

Bafetimbi Gomis on 22:43 - Oct 20 by ScoobyWho

My view on Gomez and Bony is both have failed to be the players they know and to an extent we hope they can be this season. Both are too lax and are not putting in 100% and this was reflected in Sundays performance. bony was woeful at times, his touch is and continues to be poor half the time and Gomez has done next to nothing since arriving. We are patient at Swansea, but for how much longer ?

Rubbish post. Gomis has played well a few times but without much game he's unsurprisingly struggling. Bony not trying? Really? I'm not having that. His hold up play was excellent at times, at times, poor. Not at his best but after travelling to Africa and back and playing 2 draining games, he was never gonna be. He's scored 3 in 4 now...hardly disastrous is it?!
Bafetimbi Gomis on 23:02 - Oct 20 with 1205 viewsPrivate_Partz

Bafetimbi Gomis on 22:15 - Oct 20 by Spratty

I defer to DrWinston on this as he expresses my opinion on this so much more incisively than me. But something along the lines of:

The lad needs to be given a proper chance with an appropriate team game plan (backed up with training) that best suits his skills as differentiated from Bony's.

The problem is - as with Bony last year it is difficult trying to balance maintaining performance level! / results whilst trying to integrate and bring up to speed a new key player.

I agree with this. I think the lad will come good. He just has not much opportunity at the moment. I felt the substitutions were poor against stoke particularly when Wilf was left on the pitch as well when he was obviously tiring badly. A straight swap with Gilfi / Bony for Marvin / Gomis would have been a better option. The main problem however is in midfield. We are short of numbers in this area and with Leon and Jon Jo out we were always going to find it difficult. When Gomis came on our midfield was spent and we were left with hoofing the ball up to him and Wilf for much of the time.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Bafetimbi Gomis on 23:10 - Oct 20 with 1180 viewsMrSwan

He is not what we needed, we needed a natural goalscorer like West Hams Enner Valencia or Hulls Abel Hernandez.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Login to get fewer ads

Bafetimbi Gomis on 23:11 - Oct 20 with 1177 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Started the season in seemingly good form and been gradually eased into bad form vegging on the bench

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Bafetimbi Gomis on 23:19 - Oct 20 with 1160 viewsDr_Winston

Bafetimbi Gomis on 23:11 - Oct 20 by NeiltheTaylor

Started the season in seemingly good form and been gradually eased into bad form vegging on the bench

And then used as a targetman when he does get on.

This isn't a shit player just making up the numbers a la Shechter or Vasquez. This is a talented goalscorer we haven't even remotely gotten the best out of yet.

Also enjoying the rumbles about Bony needing "to concentrate on the team and not moves" as if he hasn't been one of our better players all season, duff performance on Sun notwithstanding.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bafetimbi Gomis on 23:21 - Oct 20 with 1155 viewsScoobyWho

Bafetimbi Gomis on 22:53 - Oct 20 by JJJack

Rubbish post. Gomis has played well a few times but without much game he's unsurprisingly struggling. Bony not trying? Really? I'm not having that. His hold up play was excellent at times, at times, poor. Not at his best but after travelling to Africa and back and playing 2 draining games, he was never gonna be. He's scored 3 in 4 now...hardly disastrous is it?!

Bony will always be the type of player who fans of clubs will say could do better. He has so much more to give than he does. He was ineffective on sunday for huge parts of the game. Gomis is a dead loss at the moment, thats how I see the pair of them.
And I want those words firmly turned on me on saturday.

Bafetimbi Gomis on 23:48 - Oct 20 with 1089 viewsJJJack

Bafetimbi Gomis on 23:21 - Oct 20 by ScoobyWho

Bony will always be the type of player who fans of clubs will say could do better. He has so much more to give than he does. He was ineffective on sunday for huge parts of the game. Gomis is a dead loss at the moment, thats how I see the pair of them.
And I want those words firmly turned on me on saturday.

Fair enough. I'm actually confident for Saturday. Whereas I wasn't for the Stoke game.
Bafetimbi Gomis on 10:25 - Oct 21 with 923 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bafetimbi Gomis on 22:20 - Oct 20 by LeonisGod

I though Marv would have been a good option up front yesterday at the end. The cheeky blighters were pushing up against us, so someone with a bit of pace looking to get in behind might have just given them something different to think about. Clutching at straws maybe.

I wouldn't have minded pushing Jeff through the middle either. Big hoof and get him to chase it

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bafetimbi Gomis on 10:37 - Oct 21 with 907 viewsdameedna

Horrible game for subs to come into when we should have been coasting 0 - 3 up
Gomis and Emnes are the best we can do
Leon and Shelvey's availability is key to getting back on track
Bafetimbi Gomis on 11:06 - Oct 21 with 871 viewsA_Fans_Dad

One of the problems is that Bony & Gomis have contrasting styles.
So the team has spent the last year learning to play to Bony's strengths after Michu, ie holding up the ball & headers, no through balls for him.
Whereas Bony's strengths are Gomis' weaknesses, he is OK with one man on him with his quick turns etc but unlike Bony can't handle a couple and is much happier moving on to a fast ball more like Michu.
But the team are trying to continue to play "Bony" when Gomis comes on, it is going to take them a while to realise it.

Bony on Sunday should have come off as soon as he had the Yellow as it cramped his style too much.
Bafetimbi Gomis on 11:22 - Oct 21 with 851 viewsQuakerJack

I'd rather Marvin than Gomis, he's contributed more, he's more mobile, quicker, hungrier and has a decent shot on him.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Bafetimbi Gomis on 11:47 - Oct 21 with 819 viewsSwanzay

Gomis is a different style of player to Bony, unfortunately the team are not playing to his strengths, just doing the same as they would with Bony. This has been highlighted on here previously.
Bafetimbi Gomis on 12:36 - Oct 21 with 771 viewsMrSwan

Bafetimbi Gomis on 11:22 - Oct 21 by QuakerJack

I'd rather Marvin than Gomis, he's contributed more, he's more mobile, quicker, hungrier and has a decent shot on him.

You are very right Emnes is a hungry striker who always seems to want to prove himself jut look at the partnership he struck with Bony last year however if we were to play like that Gylfi would have to be dropped but after that chance he threw away on Sunday he should be benched for the first half against Leicester.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Bafetimbi Gomis on 12:48 - Oct 21 with 738 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Bafetimbi Gomis on 12:36 - Oct 21 by MrSwan

You are very right Emnes is a hungry striker who always seems to want to prove himself jut look at the partnership he struck with Bony last year however if we were to play like that Gylfi would have to be dropped but after that chance he threw away on Sunday he should be benched for the first half against Leicester.

Bench Gylfi for one miss?

How about Ki too for the easier chance?

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Bafetimbi Gomis on 13:53 - Oct 21 with 663 viewsLeonisGod

Bafetimbi Gomis on 23:10 - Oct 20 by MrSwan

He is not what we needed, we needed a natural goalscorer like West Hams Enner Valencia or Hulls Abel Hernandez.

He's got a higher strike rate than either of those two. Which points more towards us not using him well enough at the moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024