Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
De Guzman? 23:32 - Oct 20 with 2037 viewsMrSwan

A quote from the official website

Finally, Michu was an unused sub as Napoli were held to a dramatic 2-2 draw with Inter Milan.
Napoli's 90th-minute strike looked to have secured them a 2-1 win, but Inter levelled in added-on time to secure a share of the spoils. Fellow Swans loanee Jonathan de Guzman was also an unused sub for Rafa Benitez's side.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

De Guzman? on 23:39 - Oct 20 with 1997 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Oh how we miss JDG. Imagine him alongside Ki.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

De Guzman? on 23:45 - Oct 20 with 1979 viewsMrSwan

De Guzman? on 23:39 - Oct 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Oh how we miss JDG. Imagine him alongside Ki.

I don't see why we shouldn't be able to afford him if we can afford 6 - 10 million on players then we can surely afford him with a little bit of ambition and want to actually finish in a good position.

De Guzman? on 23:48 - Oct 20 with 1963 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

De Guzman? on 23:45 - Oct 20 by MrSwan

I don't see why we shouldn't be able to afford him if we can afford 6 - 10 million on players then we can surely afford him with a little bit of ambition and want to actually finish in a good position.

I'm extremely confident we could have had him if we wanted but whoever is picking the transfers said no.

It's backfired completely though with our complete lack of midfield depth.

Imagine if we could have brought Michu on to replace Siggy. Surely it's a better option that what we have currently.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

De Guzman? on 23:50 - Oct 20 with 1952 viewsMrSwan

De Guzman? on 23:48 - Oct 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm extremely confident we could have had him if we wanted but whoever is picking the transfers said no.

Imagine if we could have brought Michu on to replace Siggy. Surely it's a better option that what we have currently.

To be honest i think Michu will return it just sad that he will be upset again because of the club and fans ambition of anything above 17th position is a 'Formidable' season

De Guzman? on 23:58 - Oct 20 with 1930 viewsSwansNZ

Is this thread about JDG or Michu? neither of them play often? Michu hardly at all, I think

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

De Guzman? on 06:50 - Oct 21 with 1789 viewsymaohyd

De Guzman? on 23:50 - Oct 20 by MrSwan

To be honest i think Michu will return it just sad that he will be upset again because of the club and fans ambition of anything above 17th position is a 'Formidable' season

?

Fair Do's!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

De Guzman? on 09:01 - Oct 21 with 1578 viewsjacksinceever

De Guzman? on 23:48 - Oct 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

In fairness nobody counted on Leon being out for so long, which would have given us more options.
However we should have signed JDG permanently. Gylfi came in as a swap (more or less) for Vorm and Davies, so his signing doesn't really count as spending.
Hopefully Michu will return next summer and knuckle down an re-capture his form
De Guzman? on 10:12 - Oct 21 with 1481 viewswaynekerr55

Stadium expansion and improvements to the commercial side of the club are vital in improving our cashflow vis a vis our budget. We don't know the balance sheet so it's hard to say that we are being tight or if the money genuinely isn't there

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

De Guzman? on 10:57 - Oct 21 with 1408 viewsPrivate_Partz

De Guzman? on 10:12 - Oct 21 by waynekerr55

Stadium expansion and improvements to the commercial side of the club are vital in improving our cashflow vis a vis our budget. We don't know the balance sheet so it's hard to say that we are being tight or if the money genuinely isn't there

All those who left in the mass exodus went for undisclosed fees so we don't know what we have in reserve - if anything. I suspect we may have lost a lot of money on these deals otherwise we would be trumpeting it as an exampLe of a well run club. It has not happened yet but it is likely we could also lose a hatful if / when Michu leaves.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

De Guzman? on 11:29 - Oct 21 with 1368 viewsQuakerJack

Yet more examples of how leaving us is extremely detrimental to your career.

If Michu has any sense he'll come home and knuckle down.

Question - can he be recalled in January?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

De Guzman? on 12:16 - Oct 21 with 1312 viewsicecoldjack

Loved both michu amd jdg ,two qaulity players.

I have to say though that monk has made the calls and we need to stick by him, if he felt he had better options then im happy to with the flow.

Siggy has been amazing, so we could argue michu not being here hasnt caused us any grief , also i have to say i would have rather sold ki to keep jdg but so far im proven to be wrong on that as ki has been nothing short of awesome since coming back in

Ki v jdg
Michu v siggy

So far id have to say monk got these calls spot on so credit to him, we are suffering because of the defensive unit and tactical mis calculations not because ofmwhat is going on at the other end ofmthe field, jdg would have buried that chance that ki had against stoke though!
De Guzman? on 12:20 - Oct 21 with 1300 viewsMrSwan

De Guzman? on 11:29 - Oct 21 by QuakerJack

Yet more examples of how leaving us is extremely detrimental to your career.

If Michu has any sense he'll come home and knuckle down.

Question - can he be recalled in January?

I wonder if the board even know if they can recall him in January if yes then when and avoid the Ki recall incident last year.

De Guzman? on 12:49 - Oct 21 with 1232 viewswestside

jdg gave us legs and he could keep running around with the ball
De Guzman? on 13:12 - Oct 21 with 1165 viewsDyfnant

De Guzman? on 12:49 - Oct 21 by westside

jdg gave us legs and he could keep running around with the ball

and score. Unused subs, what a waste

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

De Guzman? on 14:42 - Oct 21 with 1052 viewsMrSwan

De Guzman? on 13:12 - Oct 21 by Dyfnant

he has players such as hamsik, insigne, Jorghino, Inler and gargano all ahead of him so he should have been aware he must work very hard to get into their team.

De Guzman? on 14:44 - Oct 21 with 1048 viewsDewi1jack

De Guzman? on 13:12 - Oct 21 by Dyfnant

Agree.
But shows a player who was in the Dutch squad as a possible starter and a player who was being linked closely with a Spanish cap, what a mistake in judgment can cost.
Not playing regularly for a club means no chance of playing for these 2 countries
JDG like quite a few players, did seem to suit us. It appears he didn't want to stay, but guess we won't know that for sure.
Ah well. Life for the Swans keeps rolling on regardless.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

De Guzman? on 14:59 - Oct 21 with 1012 viewsLeonisGod

De Guzman? on 10:12 - Oct 21 by waynekerr55

Biggest profits in the premier league reported. So I suspect the money is there, but is being put aside for the stadium. Sheer guesswork though. I know I'm not alone, but I always said we should have done all in our power to get JdG in.

Given the number of outgoings, we needed to preserve what stability we did have. We'd be fine now had we gone down this route, and only had a minor headache when all were fit (having the option of moving Shelvey into Siggy's spot being the obvious advantage of more depth in the midfield). Feckin stupd decision not to tie him up at the end of last season imo.

That's the only one we ballsed up though to be fair (replacement for Ben would have been nice, but not as essential).
De Guzman? on 15:03 - Oct 21 with 1005 viewskarnataka

De Guzman? on 14:44 - Oct 21 by Dewi1jack

Agree.
But shows a player who was in the Dutch squad as a possible starter and a player who was being linked closely with a Spanish cap, what a mistake in judgment can cost.
Not playing regularly for a club means no chance of playing for these 2 countries
JDG like quite a few players, did seem to suit us. It appears he didn't want to stay, but guess we won't know that for sure.
Ah well. Life for the Swans keeps rolling on regardless.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that JdG had said after the WC that he did want to stay but that nobody from Swansea had been in contact with him so his agent had little option than to pimp him around as his parent club were keen to offload. I know many criticised him for not being one to put in crunching tackles when the going got rough but there was so much more to his game than that and, for me, his consistency and goal scoring over the 2 years he was with us would have always put him near the top of my summer shopping list. With him and Leon in the side, our ability to find pockets of midfield space was what made us so slick. Would have him back like a shot if it ever became an option.
De Guzman? on 15:16 - Oct 21 with 965 viewsSpratty

De Guzman? on 15:03 - Oct 21 by karnataka

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that JdG had said after the WC that he did want to stay but that nobody from Swansea had been in contact with him so his agent had little option than to pimp him around as his parent club were keen to offload. I know many criticised him for not being one to put in crunching tackles when the going got rough but there was so much more to his game than that and, for me, his consistency and goal scoring over the 2 years he was with us would have always put him near the top of my summer shopping list. With him and Leon in the side, our ability to find pockets of midfield space was what made us so slick. Would have him back like a shot if it ever became an option.

Seem to recall that too - but also that Monk wanted him back.

Liked JDG despite his weaknesses (as all our players). He was a joy to watch

Thought it good to move on with different players too, especially with a new manager although sad to see such players go. However of course it is a good point that it would give us a spine of consistency to build the new players around.
De Guzman? on 16:40 - Oct 21 with 882 viewsAnotherJohn

Continuity and the scale of the clearout was something that worried me in the window. I thought we were going to take time to settle and risked dropping points in the easier games that came earlier this season. The three wins made me think I had worried too much, but, if you exclude the Man Utd result, we have indeed dropped points we might have expected to bag. We have to hope we start to gell better for the harder games after next Saturday. I would have kept both JDG and Michu, subject to positive attitudes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024