Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our away support vs everyone else 01:00 - Oct 21 with 7289 viewskopperburgjack

Thought it's a half decent topic to talk about! Looking at man uniteds tremendous away support at west brom made me think about ours compared to them. They didn't stop singing from the first minute to the last. They do it every away game, Singing and dancing in the concourses like a party atmosphere.

NOT having a go at our away support, thought ours was excellent at stoke (in terms of noise) but I often wonder why we don't travel in numbers compared to most prem teams. Obviously history plays a part which we have little compared to most clubs, but I thought being in the prem we would sell out most aways, although unfortunately we don't.

Do we lack in numbers because we are so far away from most clubs? Takes at least 1 hour to get out of Wales, and so because it takes so long to get to most places (average 4 hours) it can be very expensive in fuel/coach/train prices. The midlands teams must have it the easiest, being in the middle of most clubs.

Everton are taking approx. 16,000 fans to Lille on Thursday night. Do you think we would take anywhere near that?
What are other peoples thoughts on our away support? Should it be better? Or is it good considering we are a relatively small club?

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

Our away support vs everyone else on 01:23 - Oct 21 with 4369 viewsSwansNZ

Not really fair comparing our fan base with that of Man Utd. Better to compare our away support with the likes of Stoke, Southampton or Hull

Our location and the cost/time of course will come into it. From what I hear and see on the TV, I thought our away support is generally very good.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Our away support vs everyone else on 01:29 - Oct 21 with 4362 viewskopperburgjack

Our away support vs everyone else on 01:23 - Oct 21 by SwansNZ

Not really fair comparing our fan base with that of Man Utd. Better to compare our away support with the likes of Stoke, Southampton or Hull

Our location and the cost/time of course will come into it. From what I hear and see on the TV, I thought our away support is generally very good.

Fair enough, perhaps we can't compare our numbers but could compare the support that's given from the fans?

Last few seasons I think our support in numbers have been ok, although I fear it will only get worse due to people not wanting to revisit certain grounds etc.

I don't get how we can sell out 3k+ to the likes of Newcastle and Southampton in the championship then not sell out in the prem?? Ok maybe they are not classed as 'big games' anymore but surely our fan base as grown..?
[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 1:30]

Our away support vs everyone else on 01:37 - Oct 21 with 4347 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Our away support vs everyone else on 01:29 - Oct 21 by kopperburgjack

Fair enough, perhaps we can't compare our numbers but could compare the support that's given from the fans?

Last few seasons I think our support in numbers have been ok, although I fear it will only get worse due to people not wanting to revisit certain grounds etc.

I don't get how we can sell out 3k+ to the likes of Newcastle and Southampton in the championship then not sell out in the prem?? Ok maybe they are not classed as 'big games' anymore but surely our fan base as grown..?

Cheaper prices are likely why more tickets were sold in the Championship.

Now we've played these teams 3 times already in this league the casual Swansea fan won't go to these places again at £30-65 a ticket.

I only go when I can do the entire trip for £25ish or under which is becoming increasingly rare.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Our away support vs everyone else on 01:45 - Oct 21 with 4334 viewsSwansNZ

Our away support vs everyone else on 01:29 - Oct 21 by kopperburgjack

You might get 2 or 3 "big" games in the Championship. Now, you have one every other week. I would say the fan base has not increased that much, and won't until you expand the Liberty.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Our away support vs everyone else on 01:57 - Oct 21 with 4320 viewskopperburgjack

Our away support vs everyone else on 01:37 - Oct 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Now we've played these teams 3 times already in this league the casual Swansea fan won't go to these places again at £30-65 a ticket.

I only go when I can do the entire trip for £25ish or under which is becoming increasingly rare.

£25 your pushing your luck abit by there! Dew dew what I'd do for an away day on £25!

Our away support vs everyone else on 07:08 - Oct 21 with 4252 viewsJethroJack

Less than £25ish?
That explains why you're a "stay-at-home-billy-no-mates" who does nothing else other than post tripe on here
Our away support vs everyone else on 07:19 - Oct 21 with 4235 viewsKilkennyjack

Our away support is great. loud and proud. The fan numbers and miles travelled stats puts us up with newcastle and sunderland. I do think the club could help more with the costs.

Beware of the Risen People

Our away support vs everyone else on 09:35 - Oct 21 with 4124 viewsbuilthjack

Subsidised travel would help. And reasonable away ticket prices. There's only so much that fans can afford.
A mate who is a Villa fan collects £10 throughout the year, 52 weeks, off his gang, and it pays for all the away trips and they have a payout at the end. A good idea. It's easier than finding lump sums every away game.
The away support we have though is decent. Maybe a few organisers needed to run away trips, as most just want to pay and turn up.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Our away support vs everyone else on 09:47 - Oct 21 with 4108 viewsSpratty

Our away support vs everyone else on 07:19 - Oct 21 by Kilkennyjack

Our away support is great. loud and proud. The fan numbers and miles travelled stats puts us up with newcastle and sunderland. I do think the club could help more with the costs.

Good thread.

I really love the away matches all that concentrated passion for the team. Unfortunately we have missed a couple recently.

Some of the big games are great but getting the numbers up there usually takes care of itself. Always feel it is more important to support at the smaller / more remote clubs and sometimes they are a great antidote to the PL.

Expense is obviously an issue. On the whole I think those that make the away trips generate a good noisy support but it would be good to create a constant wall of noise. Sometimes our heads go down if we go behind and that is the very time we should be making our support most known. Sometimes the numbers can be low but on the whole I think as away fans we do a good job, it is appreciated by the team and we have been lucky enough to be rewarded with some magical trips and great memories.
Our away support vs everyone else on 10:24 - Oct 21 with 4060 viewsScoobyWho

100% agree! I would hazard a guess they attend home games too ;-)

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Our away support vs everyone else on 10:41 - Oct 21 with 4043 viewswhiterock

Its only £5 to Liverpool in the cup for under 16s
Our away support vs everyone else on 11:05 - Oct 21 with 4010 viewsPrivate_Partz

This is absolutely right.
It is carnival time when Man U play away as some of the plastics in attendance normally can't get to OT so it is a big occasion for them.
Different story at OT however where they sit silently when things are not going well.
Our away support is one of the best in the Prem and our home support is decent when the team are up for a battle.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Our away support vs everyone else on 11:07 - Oct 21 with 4003 viewsjacksinceever

Our away support vs everyone else on 10:41 - Oct 21 by whiterock

Its only £5 to Liverpool in the cup for under 16s

Also surely the fact that those who have seen Liverpool away etc, not going to the cup game opens up the opportunity to those who claim the only reason they don't go is because they can't get tickets? (I know tickets for home games and the choice away games are like gold dust, but some use it as an excuse)
Our away support vs everyone else on 11:18 - Oct 21 with 3987 viewsPrivate_Partz

Our away support vs everyone else on 11:07 - Oct 21 by jacksinceever

Also surely the fact that those who have seen Liverpool away etc, not going to the cup game opens up the opportunity to those who claim the only reason they don't go is because they can't get tickets? (I know tickets for home games and the choice away games are like gold dust, but some use it as an excuse)

True and I think this is why ground expansion is so vital as we can encourage supporters for home matches and thereby build our core support. I am convinced some people don't purchase home tickets as they assume none are available which is very often the case 1 to 4 weeks before KO.
Having said that the League Cup away has never been a massive attraction for fans. I am off to Everton on the Saturday taking in Blackpool but the gap between matches was just a bit too big for me and my pal to get our respective passes from our brides for Liverpool :-( I bet many are in the same boat.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Our away support vs everyone else on 11:20 - Oct 21 with 3986 viewskopperburgjack

Some good posts. I agree I would much rather our fans save money by not going to the 'big clubs' and save them for the games like hull, Southampton, villa etc. Hopefully we will take at least 1k to Everton and 2k to Liverpool as it cheap kids tickets and it's half term which will tempt people.

Absolutely love aways when everyone sings togethor, it's a good chance to try new songs and use older ones that are not heard down the liberty anymore!

Just can't get my head around Everton taking approx 16k to Lille on a Thursday night.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 11:21]

Our away support vs everyone else on 11:29 - Oct 21 with 3974 viewsbuilthjack

Our away support vs everyone else on 11:20 - Oct 21 by kopperburgjack

Some good posts. I agree I would much rather our fans save money by not going to the 'big clubs' and save them for the games like hull, Southampton, villa etc. Hopefully we will take at least 1k to Everton and 2k to Liverpool as it cheap kids tickets and it's half term which will tempt people.

Absolutely love aways when everyone sings togethor, it's a good chance to try new songs and use older ones that are not heard down the liberty anymore!

Just can't get my head around Everton taking approx 16k to Lille on a Thursday night.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 11:21]

Everton's allocation is 5,274 tickets.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Our away support vs everyone else on 11:32 - Oct 21 with 3969 viewskopperburgjack

Our away support vs everyone else on 11:29 - Oct 21 by builthjack

Everton's allocation is 5,274 tickets.

There's a lot going without tickets, and a lot of them in the home end apparently (on twitter)

Our away support vs everyone else on 11:38 - Oct 21 with 3956 viewsbuilthjack

Our away support vs everyone else on 11:32 - Oct 21 by kopperburgjack

There's a lot going without tickets, and a lot of them in the home end apparently (on twitter)

Fair play to them

Our away support vs everyone else on 13:24 - Oct 21 with 3887 viewscontroversial_jack

It's not ticket prices that put me off it's the cost of travel. I will only travel by rail as I cannot do the bus, minibus thing anymore, but rail travel is extortionate for most venues.Not sure how to get around it either
Our away support vs everyone else on 13:33 - Oct 21 with 3860 viewsLeonisGod

Our away support vs everyone else on 13:24 - Oct 21 by controversial_jack

It's not ticket prices that put me off it's the cost of travel. I will only travel by rail as I cannot do the bus, minibus thing anymore, but rail travel is extortionate for most venues.Not sure how to get around it either

To right. Liverpool is costing me a fortune to take my boy when you factor in the train and hotel (trains back after the game? of course there aren't). Match tickets are the cheapest part.
Our away support vs everyone else on 13:38 - Oct 21 with 3844 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Railcards are useful if you spend over £90 on train tickets a year.

Thetrainline.com is useful too if you book far in advance.

I sometimes mix travelling on the Megabus with the train. You can travel from Swansea to London for £1 often and then get a cheap train from London to wherever.

There's a lot of ways to do it cheaply.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Our away support vs everyone else on 14:25 - Oct 21 with 3806 viewskopperburgjack

Good point, train is good when there's a big number and especially if we win there's a good atmosphere on it. Me and my mates got railcards which gets us 1/3 off the fare but we still end up paying at least £35 to most places

Our away support vs everyone else on 14:40 - Oct 21 with 3786 viewswhiterock

Our away support vs everyone else on 11:07 - Oct 21 by jacksinceever

Agree, been told over 2,000 sold with a week to go, a fiver for kids is a good deal especially at half term
Our away support vs everyone else on 14:45 - Oct 21 with 3773 viewswhiterock

1,200 going to Everton, early days too
Our away support vs everyone else on 16:21 - Oct 21 with 3708 viewskopperburgjack

Our away support vs everyone else on 14:45 - Oct 21 by whiterock

1,200 going to Everton, early days too

Good! That's decent, I rung to get my tickets about 2 weeks ago now and was told that was hardly any left!
Think we've only got the lower tier though but still I'd rather a packed lower tier than it being spread out between upper and lower! Roll on!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024