Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our away support vs everyone else 01:00 - Oct 21 with 7491 viewskopperburgjack

Thought it's a half decent topic to talk about! Looking at man uniteds tremendous away support at west brom made me think about ours compared to them. They didn't stop singing from the first minute to the last. They do it every away game, Singing and dancing in the concourses like a party atmosphere.

NOT having a go at our away support, thought ours was excellent at stoke (in terms of noise) but I often wonder why we don't travel in numbers compared to most prem teams. Obviously history plays a part which we have little compared to most clubs, but I thought being in the prem we would sell out most aways, although unfortunately we don't.

Do we lack in numbers because we are so far away from most clubs? Takes at least 1 hour to get out of Wales, and so because it takes so long to get to most places (average 4 hours) it can be very expensive in fuel/coach/train prices. The midlands teams must have it the easiest, being in the middle of most clubs.

Everton are taking approx. 16,000 fans to Lille on Thursday night. Do you think we would take anywhere near that?
What are other peoples thoughts on our away support? Should it be better? Or is it good considering we are a relatively small club?

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

Our away support vs everyone else on 16:37 - Oct 21 with 1622 viewsMrSwan

Hymns and Arias is always fantastic home or away and surely makes opposition players and fans intimidated in my opinion its a song that sets a fantastic atmosphere more if it would be nice away from home especially when the grounds are like library's like the britania

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Our away support vs everyone else on 16:42 - Oct 21 with 1622 viewsJBT95

Our away support vs everyone else on 13:38 - Oct 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Railcards are useful if you spend over £90 on train tickets a year.

Thetrainline.com is useful too if you book far in advance.

I sometimes mix travelling on the Megabus with the train. You can travel from Swansea to London for £1 often and then get a cheap train from London to wherever.

There's a lot of ways to do it cheaply.

Railcards however can't be used for a guy travelling on his own aged 26-59. Railcards, which all give 34% off, are only available for 16-25, 60+, Disabled. The family & friends one needs one adult and one child to travel throughout, huge saving on the kids. There is a new two together railcard for two adults but they must travel the whole trip together and be named/photo'd on the railcard. Railcards are valid for a year costing £30 each.

The trainline.com is a load of bull. It's the same price on national rail enquiries. Advance tickets come out 11 weeks in advance, this is great for October & November games, but as the season goes on some games are only confirmed 4 weeks before hand. Spilting tickets at stations saves a lot of money too, you don't need to get off/change train etc as long as the train stops at that station it is fine. Newport-Cardiff return and Cardiff-Swansea return saves money compared to Newport-Swansea return for example.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 16:43]
Our away support vs everyone else on 16:48 - Oct 21 with 1605 viewskopperburgjack

Our away support vs everyone else on 16:42 - Oct 21 by JBT95

Railcards however can't be used for a guy travelling on his own aged 26-59. Railcards, which all give 34% off, are only available for 16-25, 60+, Disabled. The family & friends one needs one adult and one child to travel throughout, huge saving on the kids. There is a new two together railcard for two adults but they must travel the whole trip together and be named/photo'd on the railcard. Railcards are valid for a year costing £30 each.

The trainline.com is a load of bull. It's the same price on national rail enquiries. Advance tickets come out 11 weeks in advance, this is great for October & November games, but as the season goes on some games are only confirmed 4 weeks before hand. Spilting tickets at stations saves a lot of money too, you don't need to get off/change train etc as long as the train stops at that station it is fine. Newport-Cardiff return and Cardiff-Swansea return saves money compared to Newport-Swansea return for example.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 16:43]

Why do we have to be so far out the way :( getting the train is so expensive for us lot, not really suprised that there's not many other jacks on the train to aways!

Our away support vs everyone else on 16:51 - Oct 21 with 1599 viewsJBT95

Our away support vs everyone else on 16:48 - Oct 21 by kopperburgjack

Why do we have to be so far out the way :( getting the train is so expensive for us lot, not really suprised that there's not many other jacks on the train to aways!

The two together is a great new railcard though. My Dad and I are going to Everton away for £77.80 altogether return, could have done it cheaper than that too but I wanted to come back via Birmingham and Bristol rather than spend ages going from Manchester to Newport.

We always travel by train away as it's the best option imo. I hate long car/coach trips drive me nuts. Plus, unlike them modes of transport, can have a drink! Went by bus up to Fulham and hated it! Train home, as planned, was much nice and quicker! Had a good chat with a Palace fan too.

It is expensive though, and due to the cost and time of travelling too, we tend to do 4 league aways per year. I don't think I'd want to go every game though, it's nice to go every so often and always look forward to going to new grounds.

[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 16:55]
Our away support vs everyone else on 16:59 - Oct 21 with 1585 viewsOldjack

Size does matter in this case ,when we can command 40-50 thou every home game then we are well and truly a big club who will then always take a massive following away no matter what ,it'll take a generation of good football for that too happen and a fair few cups too boot ,just hang in there chaps

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Our away support vs everyone else on 17:07 - Oct 21 with 1576 viewsJBT95

Our away support vs everyone else on 16:59 - Oct 21 by Oldjack

Size does matter in this case ,when we can command 40-50 thou every home game then we are well and truly a big club who will then always take a massive following away no matter what ,it'll take a generation of good football for that too happen and a fair few cups too boot ,just hang in there chaps

Even big clubs like Man City, Sunderland & Newcastle with over 40k home attendances only bring 1k here though.

Some Sunderland fan was having a go at us for only taking just over 500 on twitter. I pointed out to him that we have half their crowd and yet they only bring 1k down here.

Man City should be selling our away end out three or four times over at 2k, not struggling with half an allocation. Joke of a 'big' club.

I think our away following is pretty good, no more than other clubs of a similar size, plus we always get big teams away in the cups these days! I did feel sorry for the people who bought the more expensive Man Utd away tickets for the league game then we got drawn against them in the cup for which the tickets were cheaper.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 17:12]
Our away support vs everyone else on 17:26 - Oct 21 with 1556 viewsOldjack

Our away support vs everyone else on 17:07 - Oct 21 by JBT95

Even big clubs like Man City, Sunderland & Newcastle with over 40k home attendances only bring 1k here though.

Some Sunderland fan was having a go at us for only taking just over 500 on twitter. I pointed out to him that we have half their crowd and yet they only bring 1k down here.

Man City should be selling our away end out three or four times over at 2k, not struggling with half an allocation. Joke of a 'big' club.

I think our away following is pretty good, no more than other clubs of a similar size, plus we always get big teams away in the cups these days! I did feel sorry for the people who bought the more expensive Man Utd away tickets for the league game then we got drawn against them in the cup for which the tickets were cheaper.

beep
[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 17:31]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Our away support vs everyone else on 17:29 - Oct 21 with 1555 viewsOldjack

Our away support vs everyone else on 17:07 - Oct 21 by JBT95

Newcastle are in the doldrums atm ,heads are well and truly down for they do normal take a damn good following ,Sunderland is a poor mans Newcastle ,lack of cash is my guess ,Man c two games in a week is hard to follow cash wise at a guess

Login to get fewer ads

Our away support vs everyone else on 17:43 - Oct 21 with 1544 viewsblaine_scfc

How many fans went to Stoke after?
Our away support vs everyone else on 17:47 - Oct 21 with 1543 viewskopperburgjack

Our away support vs everyone else on 17:29 - Oct 21 by Oldjack

Newcastle are in the doldrums atm ,heads are well and truly down for they do normal take a damn good following ,Sunderland is a poor mans Newcastle ,lack of cash is my guess ,Man c two games in a week is hard to follow cash wise at a guess

Newcastle are having a tough time, even though lots of them refuse to give money to Mike Ashley they still travel in good numbers.

I disagree with the Sunderland bit, I think their support is very underrated. They always travel in numbers even if it's a big treck. They took 2,500 to southampton on the weekend. Also took 3,000+ to Birmingham on a Tuesday night in the carling cup a few weeks back

Our away support vs everyone else on 17:59 - Oct 21 with 1530 viewsOldjack

Our away support vs everyone else on 17:47 - Oct 21 by kopperburgjack

Newcastle are having a tough time, even though lots of them refuse to give money to Mike Ashley they still travel in good numbers.

I disagree with the Sunderland bit, I think their support is very underrated. They always travel in numbers even if it's a big treck. They took 2,500 to southampton on the weekend. Also took 3,000+ to Birmingham on a Tuesday night in the carling cup a few weeks back

Mustn't like Gods country then

Our away support vs everyone else on 18:05 - Oct 21 with 1527 viewsJBT95

Our away support vs everyone else on 17:29 - Oct 21 by Oldjack

Even when they finished 5th in 2011-12, they brought 1k down... in April!
Our away support vs everyone else on 18:23 - Oct 21 with 1518 viewsPlazex

Not being funny but...
Man U=Plastic fans
Man C=Plastic fans
Arsenal=Plastic fans
Chelsea=Plastic fans
Liverpool= Mainly Plastic fans
Everton=Mainly Plastic fans
QPR=Mainly proper fans
Ncastle=Proper fans
Sunderland=Proper fans
Southampton=Proper fans
Swansea=Proper fans
And that is just a portion of it.

Poll: Where will we finish?

Our away support vs everyone else on 18:48 - Oct 21 with 1494 viewskopperburgjack

Our away support vs everyone else on 18:23 - Oct 21 by Plazex

Not being funny but...
Man U=Plastic fans
Man C=Plastic fans
Arsenal=Plastic fans
Chelsea=Plastic fans
QPR=Mainly proper fans
Ncastle=Proper fans
Sunderland=Proper fans
Southampton=Proper fans
Swansea=Proper fans

Not the away fans, your just tarnishing all fans with the same brush

Our away support vs everyone else on 19:03 - Oct 21 with 1479 viewsJackfath

It's all rather expensive.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Our away support vs everyone else on 19:06 - Oct 21 with 1431 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Not being funny but...
Man U=Plastic fans
Man C=Plastic fans
Arsenal=Plastic fans
Chelsea=Plastic fans
QPR=Mainly proper fans
Ncastle=Proper fans
Sunderland=Proper fans
Southampton=Proper fans
Swansea=Proper fans

Are you 14 years old?

What about people who live in Manchester, are they not allowed to support their local team? What about the people who live in my home borough of Kensington & Chelsea, are they not allowed to support Chelsea?

Grow up. Our fan base and club is quickly becoming a laughing stock. We're turning into a national joke. The attitudes some have developed is cringeworthy.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Our away support vs everyone else on 19:10 - Oct 21 with 1428 viewsbermudajack

Our away support vs everyone else on 18:48 - Oct 21 by kopperburgjack

Not the away fans, your just tarnishing all fans with the same brush

I haven't missed a game this season yet, our away fans are pretty good, but after Stoke I'm going to relax a bit until the new year.

We are definitely a different prospect away from home recently, we seem to play great for 35 mins then Ash starts the " let's hang on till half time and boot everything down the middle" tactic, Monk then organises the team into certain defeat in the half time team talk.

The fans though, can't fault them... 👍😎

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Our away support vs everyone else on 19:48 - Oct 21 with 1401 viewsGlyn1

I live in London so away tickets are my only chance of seeing the Swans in person. I'm finding it harder to get away tickets this season - is the club reducing its allocation?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Our away support vs everyone else on 19:59 - Oct 21 with 1384 viewswhiterock

Our away support vs everyone else on 17:43 - Oct 21 by blaine_scfc

How many fans went to Stoke after?

854 which is good for a Sunday live on Sky
Our away support vs everyone else on 20:01 - Oct 21 with 1378 viewsperchrockjack

Everton "mainly" plastic. Explain that one away..

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Our away support vs everyone else on 20:44 - Oct 21 with 1360 viewsMrSwan

Not being funny but...
Man U=Plastic fans
Man C=Plastic fans
Arsenal=Plastic fans
Chelsea=Plastic fans
QPR=Mainly proper fans
Ncastle=Proper fans
Sunderland=Proper fans
Southampton=Proper fans
Swansea=Proper fans

Right so your saying because the big boy clubs are so good the people who support them are all fake?

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Our away support vs everyone else on 21:24 - Oct 21 with 1326 viewsmorningstar

Our away support vs everyone else on 20:44 - Oct 21 by MrSwan

Right so your saying because the big boy clubs are so good the people who support them are all fake?

Should change his name to Playtex, cos he sounds like a right tit to me!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Our away support vs everyone else on 21:42 - Oct 21 with 1311 viewsDewi1jack

Our away support vs everyone else on 07:19 - Oct 21 by Kilkennyjack

Our away support is great. loud and proud. The fan numbers and miles travelled stats puts us up with newcastle and sunderland. I do think the club could help more with the costs.

I've read somewhere that SKY / PL chuck £400,000 a club towards the fans travel. They do this because of their moving games to a time fans struggle to get home (Mon, Tues nights late Sat/ Sun)
If the club would chuck in £20,000 it would work out at a £35 travel voucher for the first 1,000 fans for 12 teams ( fans can pay the full price to the big 6 teams.)
£420,000 to do this wouldn't break the club anyway and would certainly help the fans out
Would have covered my travel last Sunday to Stoke (Leominster- Stoke rtn £31.80 plus a couple of quid for the local bus)
Be interesting to find out where this money goes.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Our away support vs everyone else on 22:12 - Oct 21 with 1282 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

All fans have my upmost respect travelling around the country supporting their team.Our away support is superb fair do's.
Spending their hard earned cash to do this as well.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Our away support vs everyone else on 22:24 - Oct 21 with 1273 viewsmorningstar

Our away support vs everyone else on 11:32 - Oct 21 by kopperburgjack

There's a lot going without tickets, and a lot of them in the home end apparently (on twitter)

On twitter eh? Listen, if Everton sell their allocation for the game they would have done extremely well. To suggest or believe (even for a nano second) that they will take 11000 ticketless fans on top of that at the end of October for a Europa league group match is naive at best and downright stupid at worst!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024