Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very odd reading the board 08:22 - Oct 21 with 7396 viewsParlay

This is the most positive I've felt, probably ever, as a Swans fan.

Our team is great, the best we have ever had id say. We have a young and hungry manager who knows and understands what we are all about, top half of the Premier League and playing really well (if not getting the rewards as of late). Yet the forum once again is doom and gloom, i honestly cant put my finger on why.

Ive always maintained that the feeling on a forum never represents the true feeling of the masses and I hope this is the case once again as its shocking to read at times. The amount of eye rolls and disbelieving sighs I've done in the last 30 mins reading this beggars belief.

I for one am loving things at the moment, a very refreshing change from the one dimensional, heartless, lack lustre performances of the last 12 months of the Laudrup era.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Very odd reading the board on 07:28 - Oct 23 with 1188 viewsPhil_S

Very odd reading the board on 23:03 - Oct 22 by perchrockjack

It's hard yo avoid the conclusion that some posters on here clearly see themselves better equipped to lead and to organise our team and club so it begs the question.. What are you doing on an Internet site when your knowledge could be better employed by coaching our team.

Some staggering stuff in this thread.

What about the abuse question too phil..

Seems still prevalent..

Abuse questioned answered - not sure why I need to answer each post individually

Several posts have been reported over the few days since and removed and dealt with accordingly

If you wish to report any abuse then please do so
Very odd reading the board on 08:52 - Oct 23 with 1136 views_

Very odd reading the board on 23:03 - Oct 22 by perchrockjack

It's hard yo avoid the conclusion that some posters on here clearly see themselves better equipped to lead and to organise our team and club so it begs the question.. What are you doing on an Internet site when your knowledge could be better employed by coaching our team.

Some staggering stuff in this thread.

What about the abuse question too phil..

Seems still prevalent..

Subtle goading....
Ahh well....

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Very odd reading the board on 10:22 - Oct 23 with 1093 viewsperchrockjack

Thanks for the advice Phil.

True, its not a contract we ve entered but it would have been nice to have seen us BOTH draw a line in the sand..........and sorry for that hackneyed phrase which I hate.

peace In the valleys

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Very odd reading the board on 20:39 - Oct 23 with 1049 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Very odd reading the board on 08:52 - Oct 23 by _

Subtle goading....
Ahh well....

Perhaps I should have been less subtle like Darran with his "let's all laugh at the agenda boys" thread. A thread that started off well enough for him and then people started calling him out on it. Then ran to Phil. I'm a bit p*ssed off that his thread wasn't deleted but the first paragraph of a post of mine in this very thread for goading??? Darran's entire life is spent on here goading others and then misrepresenting their views to suit his own agenda.

And if Dimbleby hadn't left a provocative post about us "wannabe" managers then I wouldn't have been goaded into replying in the first place!

Would you care to offer up an explanation, Phil?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Very odd reading the board on 21:22 - Oct 23 with 1027 viewsDavillin

Very odd reading the board on 20:39 - Oct 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Perhaps I should have been less subtle like Darran with his "let's all laugh at the agenda boys" thread. A thread that started off well enough for him and then people started calling him out on it. Then ran to Phil. I'm a bit p*ssed off that his thread wasn't deleted but the first paragraph of a post of mine in this very thread for goading??? Darran's entire life is spent on here goading others and then misrepresenting their views to suit his own agenda.

And if Dimbleby hadn't left a provocative post about us "wannabe" managers then I wouldn't have been goaded into replying in the first place!

Escape goad?

Works for me.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Very odd reading the board on 21:45 - Oct 23 with 1005 viewsPhil_S

Very odd reading the board on 20:39 - Oct 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes I have taken a change of stance on the board as the two posts at the top of the board will tell you

Respond to the post in a way that it is made

To Perch - you're not letting it drop, that greatly disappoints me. T2C and I have had a long debate over the subject and he has told me he will let it go.
Very odd reading the board on 21:51 - Oct 23 with 998 viewsPhil_S

Very odd reading the board on 21:22 - Oct 23 by Davillin

Escape goad?

Works for me.

Would just be better if people decided not to goad going forward full stop

Would certainly sort the men from the boys...
Very odd reading the board on 21:57 - Oct 23 with 988 viewsPhil_S

And just for clarity

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/128288/posting-of-person
Login to get fewer ads

Very odd reading the board on 10:18 - Oct 24 with 902 viewsperchrockjack

Phil.
Noted

Richie

Very odd reading the board on 16:55 - Oct 24 with 853 viewsDavillin

Very odd reading the board on 21:51 - Oct 23 by Phil_S

Would just be better if people decided not to goad going forward full stop

Would certainly sort the men from the boys...

I wrote and rewrote a reply to your post above four times before I decided to not post any of them. "Just sayin'."

Very odd reading the board on 17:48 - Oct 24 with 828 viewsPhil_S

Very odd reading the board on 16:55 - Oct 24 by Davillin

I wrote and rewrote a reply to your post above four times before I decided to not post any of them. "Just sayin'."

You should have posted all four, always go with your gut...
Very odd reading the board on 19:07 - Oct 24 with 779 viewsDavillin

Very odd reading the board on 17:48 - Oct 24 by Phil_S

You should have posted all four, always go with your gut...

Thanks for the advice, but that would be insanely risky, as "going with my gut" has gotten me in hot water too many times lately.

They were all extremely mild and non-goading anyway, drab and colorless and unworthy of attention.

Kinda like this one, it just dawned on me.

Very odd reading the board on 23:33 - Oct 24 with 732 viewsperchrockjack

Suppose ,at the moment, we re bring circumspect, all of us, and it's actually quite weird after all these months of invective .

It is good practice to communicate with those one loathes in a way that is not crossing the rubicon.

Possibly some testing months ahead depending on results.

In the meantime, I want to make it clear I have no objection to American chums misusing thevenglish language.

Color is one thing but humor quite another.
Fanny has a different meaning and as for a hood to describe the perfectly applicable bonnet...tsk

Very odd reading the board on 23:55 - Oct 24 with 720 viewsStarsky

Very odd reading the board on 23:33 - Oct 24 by perchrockjack

Suppose ,at the moment, we re bring circumspect, all of us, and it's actually quite weird after all these months of invective .

It is good practice to communicate with those one loathes in a way that is not crossing the rubicon.

Possibly some testing months ahead depending on results.

In the meantime, I want to make it clear I have no objection to American chums misusing thevenglish language.

Color is one thing but humor quite another.
Fanny has a different meaning and as for a hood to describe the perfectly applicable bonnet...tsk

Don't forget Aloominum

It's just the internet, init.

Very odd reading the board on 08:50 - Oct 25 with 667 viewsWarwickHunt

Very odd reading the board on 23:55 - Oct 24 by Starsky

Don't forget Aloominum

Keep your pecker up.
Very odd reading the board on 16:54 - Oct 25 with 618 viewsDavillin

Very odd reading the board on 08:50 - Oct 25 by WarwickHunt

Keep your pecker up.

Even Americans abuse Americanisms. More to the formerly popular expression noted by WarwickHunt, above.

Many years ago, there was an expression in football [American football] used by many coaches to tell their players to stay strong -- "Keep your daubers up."

The word "dauber" came from a kind of paint brush and brushing technique consisting of poking at the canvas, or "daubing" paint, and was being used as a clever reference to an erect penis. So far so good.

One coach of a college team was on live TV], and, wanting to praise his players' courage, said this, mixing his metaphors wildly: "They've got daubers."

I nearly fell on the floor laughing.

Very odd reading the board on 20:58 - Oct 25 with 589 viewsBloodyhills

We have a good squad and haven't performed at our best yet, but when we do someone is going to get a tanking.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Very odd reading the board (n/t) on 20:59 - Oct 25 with 589 viewsBloodyhills

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Very odd reading the board on 10:31 - Oct 26 with 541 viewsParlay

Another example of this in currently underway.

We won 2-0 yesterday to take us into the top 6. And the main talking point is how "half the team have no clue how to pass forward" and "Monks tactics luckily worked this time (with ref to Carroll)".

The only mention of the good result and best ever start to a Prem season is either in response to the overwhelming negativity or indeed largely ignored.

Amazing.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Very odd reading the board on 10:38 - Oct 26 with 527 viewsdgt73

Very odd reading the board on 10:31 - Oct 26 by Parlay

Another example of this in currently underway.

We won 2-0 yesterday to take us into the top 6. And the main talking point is how "half the team have no clue how to pass forward" and "Monks tactics luckily worked this time (with ref to Carroll)".

The only mention of the good result and best ever start to a Prem season is either in response to the overwhelming negativity or indeed largely ignored.

Amazing.

You couldn't make it up mate.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Very odd reading the board on 11:37 - Oct 26 with 490 viewsScoobyWho

Very odd reading the board on 10:38 - Oct 26 by dgt73

You couldn't make it up mate.

I agree.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024