Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very odd reading the board 08:22 - Oct 21 with 7421 viewsParlay

This is the most positive I've felt, probably ever, as a Swans fan.

Our team is great, the best we have ever had id say. We have a young and hungry manager who knows and understands what we are all about, top half of the Premier League and playing really well (if not getting the rewards as of late). Yet the forum once again is doom and gloom, i honestly cant put my finger on why.

Ive always maintained that the feeling on a forum never represents the true feeling of the masses and I hope this is the case once again as its shocking to read at times. The amount of eye rolls and disbelieving sighs I've done in the last 30 mins reading this beggars belief.

I for one am loving things at the moment, a very refreshing change from the one dimensional, heartless, lack lustre performances of the last 12 months of the Laudrup era.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Very odd reading the board on 18:18 - Oct 21 with 922 viewsJackfath

I think some should tweet Garry Monk and let them know they're available if he needs some help sorting out our second half performances. Clearly some have missed their vocation in life and need to get down the training ground to help sort out this crisis we are in.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Very odd reading the board on 18:23 - Oct 21 with 918 viewsskippyjack

And Monk isn't addressing our glorious chances to score.. we've must of squandered so many.. but one thing sticks out for me.. when we're missing them.. and that's the problem.. it's so simple.. Ki and Gylfi are fantastic players.. great professionals.. but they desperately need a pint.. I'm telling you now.. these two need a pint.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Very odd reading the board on 18:31 - Oct 21 with 910 viewsOldjack

I just hate losing ,getting robbed aswell really pisses me off big time

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Very odd reading the board on 18:33 - Oct 21 with 907 viewsJackSwanTV

Bang on mate!! Watching totally different games to an awful lot of people. Lose 2-1 to Stoke away and it seems to have embarrassed some people. How could we possible be so bad? they finished top ten last year and there are probably only 2 or 3 harder places to visit in the league. People are mental. Only explanation.

Poll: Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it
Blog: Interview with Freestone, Alsop plus Phil Sumbler in the New Jack Swan. Issue #21.

Very odd reading the board on 18:42 - Oct 21 with 890 views_

Very odd reading the board on 18:33 - Oct 21 by JackSwanTV

Bang on mate!! Watching totally different games to an awful lot of people. Lose 2-1 to Stoke away and it seems to have embarrassed some people. How could we possible be so bad? they finished top ten last year and there are probably only 2 or 3 harder places to visit in the league. People are mental. Only explanation.

Journalism, in any sort of capacity, is not for you....just saying.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Very odd reading the board on 18:47 - Oct 21 with 876 viewsSpratty

Very odd reading the board on 18:18 - Oct 21 by Jackfath

I think some should tweet Garry Monk and let them know they're available if he needs some help sorting out our second half performances. Clearly some have missed their vocation in life and need to get down the training ground to help sort out this crisis we are in.

Don't you think it would be better for the manager to sort it out himself. It is what he gets paid for after all. Of the question of there being an issue I think there is little doubt

I see you upvoted Drizzy's post which was pretty abusive (and I thought we had agreed to cut out the personal abuse). Are you happy to be seen to be encouraging abuse of others when Phil is trying to stamp it out?
Very odd reading the board on 18:50 - Oct 21 with 869 viewsSpratty

Very odd reading the board on 18:33 - Oct 21 by JackSwanTV

I think if you read the posts you will find it is more about falling apart in the 2nd half again rather than the result itself. After all it is far from unknown for us to lose there.
Very odd reading the board on 18:51 - Oct 21 with 869 viewsJackfath

You seem to have taken my point personally. Give Garry a call, I am sure he'd be delighted to hear from such an expert as you.

EDIT: Please don't ask people their profession unless you wish your own to be discussed

This post has been edited by an administrator

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Login to get fewer ads

Very odd reading the board on 18:52 - Oct 21 with 866 viewsJackfath

Very odd reading the board on 18:47 - Oct 21 by Spratty

Don't you think it would be better for the manager to sort it out himself. It is what he gets paid for after all. Of the question of there being an issue I think there is little doubt

I see you upvoted Drizzy's post which was pretty abusive (and I thought we had agreed to cut out the personal abuse). Are you happy to be seen to be encouraging abuse of others when Phil is trying to stamp it out?

Perhaps Phil should remove the function if it offends certain posters.

Very odd reading the board on 18:58 - Oct 21 with 856 viewsSpratty

Very odd reading the board on 18:52 - Oct 21 by Jackfath

Perhaps Phil should remove the function if it offends certain posters.

Nothing to do with the function all to do with encouraging abuse

But you did not answer my question
Very odd reading the board on 19:00 - Oct 21 with 852 viewsskippyjack

Very odd reading the board on 18:51 - Oct 21 by Jackfath

You seem to have taken my point personally. Give Garry a call, I am sure he'd be delighted to hear from such an expert as you.

EDIT: Please don't ask people their profession unless you wish your own to be discussed

This post has been edited by an administrator

You don't have to be an expert.. he's blaming the refs before his own shortcomings.. we didn't lose because of bonys red card.. we didn't lose because of stokes penalty.. we lost because we're simply not taking our fair share of chances.. and we're not at the races in the 2nd period.. two simple problems to sort out.. they're so simple it's worrying..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Very odd reading the board on 19:53 - Oct 21 with 793 viewsperchrockjack

Talking of ganging up on posters..

anyway, we ve decided to agree not to abuse each other?

Can someone point me out the post that says that..

I tried to get clarification before but somehow any confirmation wasn't forthcoming..

So, chrissy me ol mucker, I ll ask again,and obviously you can answer for Brynny, do we agree NOT to insult and to keep to topic?

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Very odd reading the board on 20:01 - Oct 21 with 775 viewsskippyjack

It's alright T2C... they've done their bit.. they're just pawns for the next teaching generation.. after all the Professors gain knowledge through certain individuals experiences.. teaching will evolve because of the 'thickies'.. professors get all the evolutionary accolades.. while the thickies are called lazy, stupid, imbeciles.. and the process will continue..

Very odd reading the board on 20:05 - Oct 21 with 769 viewsbermudajack

Very odd reading the board on 19:00 - Oct 21 by skippyjack

You don't have to be an expert.. he's blaming the refs before his own shortcomings.. we didn't lose because of bonys red card.. we didn't lose because of stokes penalty.. we lost because we're simply not taking our fair share of chances.. and we're not at the races in the 2nd period.. two simple problems to sort out.. they're so simple it's worrying..

I agree, we seem to be suffering from some sort of Groundhog Day on our travels...

Control the ball and possession for the first 35 mins, during this period we will have only scored once despite creating loads of chances.

After 35 mins Ash looks at the clock, decides to embrace the "hang on till half time" option and hoofs the ball as far from the goal as possible, giving opposition possession and breaking up our rhythm.

Invite pressure right up until opposition score, (twice this has happened on the stroke of half time)

Second half, usually then transpires into: A. a stupid sending off B. Just keep the ball and create very few clear chances C. Ignore in form substitutions to keep favoured players happy D. Winge, winge, winge....

Been to every game this season so far, had a lot of fun, but the football is becoming repetitive and predictable.

People are disappointed because they expected us to beat very average Stoke, Newcastle & Sunderland teams because quite clearly... We have better players.

Each have done well against us because (in my opinion) the players they do have had better direction and organisation from the bench, they have overpowered us in the middle of the park on times & our conversion rate compared to chances we've created has been poor (especially against Newcastle) and lately conceding 2 soft goals per game is highlighting our un-taken chances😳

We're Definitely on the slide, too many players under performing (Taylor, Rangel, Ash, Gomis, & Dyer-away from home) Monk is struggling to fix it and stop the slide... No wins in 5 is getting concerning, lose/ draw against Leicester... The 💩 will really hit the fan. 🙈

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Very odd reading the board on 20:10 - Oct 21 with 758 views_

Very odd reading the board on 19:53 - Oct 21 by perchrockjack

Talking of ganging up on posters..

anyway, we ve decided to agree not to abuse each other?

Can someone point me out the post that says that..

I tried to get clarification before but somehow any confirmation wasn't forthcoming..

So, chrissy me ol mucker, I ll ask again,and obviously you can answer for Brynny, do we agree NOT to insult and to keep to topic?

With all due respect can we keep this on topic?

I realise this poster seems incapable of contributing to healthy football discussion without constantly dragging up silly innuendos and making sly digs but the rest of the posters are bored silly....

So if you don't mind, go and bore elsewhere, I hope that's ok to request like this politely,

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Very odd reading the board on 20:12 - Oct 21 with 746 viewsperchrockjack

Just answer the question .Its simple, on topic as it affect us all.

Its about attitude and respect..

We ve had some poisonous exchanges and its time to move on..
Is this agreed?

Very odd reading the board on 20:23 - Oct 21 with 730 viewsSpratty

Very odd reading the board on 20:05 - Oct 21 by bermudajack

I agree, we seem to be suffering from some sort of Groundhog Day on our travels...

Control the ball and possession for the first 35 mins, during this period we will have only scored once despite creating loads of chances.

After 35 mins Ash looks at the clock, decides to embrace the "hang on till half time" option and hoofs the ball as far from the goal as possible, giving opposition possession and breaking up our rhythm.

Invite pressure right up until opposition score, (twice this has happened on the stroke of half time)

Second half, usually then transpires into: A. a stupid sending off B. Just keep the ball and create very few clear chances C. Ignore in form substitutions to keep favoured players happy D. Winge, winge, winge....

Been to every game this season so far, had a lot of fun, but the football is becoming repetitive and predictable.

People are disappointed because they expected us to beat very average Stoke, Newcastle & Sunderland teams because quite clearly... We have better players.

Each have done well against us because (in my opinion) the players they do have had better direction and organisation from the bench, they have overpowered us in the middle of the park on times & our conversion rate compared to chances we've created has been poor (especially against Newcastle) and lately conceding 2 soft goals per game is highlighting our un-taken chances😳

We're Definitely on the slide, too many players under performing (Taylor, Rangel, Ash, Gomis, & Dyer-away from home) Monk is struggling to fix it and stop the slide... No wins in 5 is getting concerning, lose/ draw against Leicester... The 💩 will really hit the fan. 🙈

The Ash thing made me laugh I could just visualise it perfectly
Very odd reading the board on 20:26 - Oct 21 with 715 views_

Very odd reading the board on 20:12 - Oct 21 by perchrockjack

Just answer the question .Its simple, on topic as it affect us all.

Its about attitude and respect..

We ve had some poisonous exchanges and its time to move on..
Is this agreed?

I don't want to have to click ignore but you really need to park this up and disappear somewhere, so if you don't mind, I'm trying to enjoy some decent posts on here.

Very odd reading the board on 20:28 - Oct 21 with 709 viewsperchrockjack

just answer.Simple really

Very odd reading the board on 20:31 - Oct 21 with 698 views_

Very odd reading the board on 20:28 - Oct 21 by perchrockjack

just answer.Simple really

Phil?

Advice on him?

Very odd reading the board on 20:37 - Oct 21 with 683 viewsperchrockjack

Phil

We agreed to quit the abuse... correct?

Very odd reading the board on 20:47 - Oct 21 with 663 views_

In a hopeful but maybe vain attempt to keep this on topic and not have it hijacked with this guys stalking, I thought Bermuda Jack hit the nail on the head just a bit earlier. Good post that was.

Very odd reading the board on 22:51 - Oct 21 with 603 viewsJJJack

Everyone should be pleased we are 8th in the Prem. No-one should be happy with 5 winless games , especially against the sides with the calibre of Newcastle, Sunderland and Stoke. That simple really.
To me we have the same problem we have had for donkeys years....an inability to come back from a goal down. People are saying we can't hold a lead....don't think that's too big a problem but the fact that with the odd notable exception (Stoke home last yr and Arsenal away are examples) we are bloody hopeless at recovering a deficit. Where things went wrong for me on Sunday was on a really poor start to the 2nd half where we looked disjointed/knackered/out of attacking ideas. For years we have simply gone like-for-like in substitutions and it rarely works. We don't get the "hywl" when we're behind. This goes back to Roberto/sousa reigns. We just look like we lack belief and I actually was pleased to see Monk throwing the kitchen sink at it on Sunday for a change...we didn't score but at least we were creating chances. I said pre-season our squad wasn't/isn't as good as last season's and I stand by this. We miss Michu, Davies, De Guzman and Pablo and although the keeper is an upgrade I'm not sure about where, if anywhere we've improved? Siggy has done great but was absolutely shot by 50 odd mins on Sun but there's simply no-one of his ilk to replace him at present. Last yr we had Michu, JDG or Pablo to come on and personally I liked Lamah as he was completely off the cuff.
This probably sounds negative....it's not meant to be as I believe we've been unlucky in terms of sendings off and sides taking the very few chances on offer to them more often than usual. But attacking wise, I don't see we are as creative as early last season when we looked capable of destroying sides (Valencia for example), Newcastle and Sunderland home. We'll be ok but midfield is the achillies heel IMO.
Very odd reading the board on 08:30 - Oct 22 with 674 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Very odd reading the board on 20:47 - Oct 21 by _

In a hopeful but maybe vain attempt to keep this on topic and not have it hijacked with this guys stalking, I thought Bermuda Jack hit the nail on the head just a bit earlier. Good post that was.

It was , at least there are some other non sheep out there which gives cause for optimism for this MB's future.

As for our stalker, he's trying to get you to react so he can have the satisfaction of getting you banned. That's plain for all to see. Don't rise to the bait (or sink to that level yourself).

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Very odd reading the board on 08:40 - Oct 22 with 895 views_

Very odd reading the board on 08:30 - Oct 22 by Brynmill_Jack

It was , at least there are some other non sheep out there which gives cause for optimism for this MB's future.

As for our stalker, he's trying to get you to react so he can have the satisfaction of getting you banned. That's plain for all to see. Don't rise to the bait (or sink to that level yourself).

Sadly I think you are right mate... Why else would he be the only one in this excellent thread having nothing to say about the topic itself and constantly berating us?

That's pretty sad isn't it.... Ah well, maybe it's time to ignore him like lots of others have including your good self.

By the way, did you see Kompany's rant last night. Football's a passionate game all right and the pressure is everywhere...

Not sure he would have given the same interview if they'd done their job properly though....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024