Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very odd reading the board 08:22 - Oct 21 with 7401 viewsParlay

This is the most positive I've felt, probably ever, as a Swans fan.

Our team is great, the best we have ever had id say. We have a young and hungry manager who knows and understands what we are all about, top half of the Premier League and playing really well (if not getting the rewards as of late). Yet the forum once again is doom and gloom, i honestly cant put my finger on why.

Ive always maintained that the feeling on a forum never represents the true feeling of the masses and I hope this is the case once again as its shocking to read at times. The amount of eye rolls and disbelieving sighs I've done in the last 30 mins reading this beggars belief.

I for one am loving things at the moment, a very refreshing change from the one dimensional, heartless, lack lustre performances of the last 12 months of the Laudrup era.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Very odd reading the board on 08:54 - Oct 22 with 876 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Very odd reading the board on 08:40 - Oct 22 by _

Sadly I think you are right mate... Why else would he be the only one in this excellent thread having nothing to say about the topic itself and constantly berating us?

That's pretty sad isn't it.... Ah well, maybe it's time to ignore him like lots of others have including your good self.

By the way, did you see Kompany's rant last night. Football's a passionate game all right and the pressure is everywhere...

Not sure he would have given the same interview if they'd done their job properly though....

No I didn't as I was working 2-10 but I'll try and catch it on YouTube !
By the way, the SCFC2 guest book is exactly the same as this site in relation to the current results and performance levels. Worth a look lol !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Very odd reading the board on 08:58 - Oct 22 with 877 viewsshandyjack

personally to me it's not necessarily the results that are concerning me it's the perofmances we are putting in after a.we score and b.the 2nd half. Once we score 1 we seem reluctant to keep pushing on and sit back far to early. Our 2nd half performances this season bar 1/2 games have been woeful, sunday included.
My concerns are that Monk can't see that this is happening or that he simply doesn't know how to address it(yet).
I also think that Amat has been a big loss, and that Monterro may fall into the category that Wayne was in under BR, best winger in the squad but will be bit part player for some bizarre reason.
Leon being out has been massive, and makes the isolation of Canas even more crazy, he would of been ideal at the moment

Poll: Expectation for the season

Very odd reading the board on 09:10 - Oct 22 with 854 viewsDr_Winston

Very odd reading the board on 08:58 - Oct 22 by shandyjack

personally to me it's not necessarily the results that are concerning me it's the perofmances we are putting in after a.we score and b.the 2nd half. Once we score 1 we seem reluctant to keep pushing on and sit back far to early. Our 2nd half performances this season bar 1/2 games have been woeful, sunday included.
My concerns are that Monk can't see that this is happening or that he simply doesn't know how to address it(yet).
I also think that Amat has been a big loss, and that Monterro may fall into the category that Wayne was in under BR, best winger in the squad but will be bit part player for some bizarre reason.
Leon being out has been massive, and makes the isolation of Canas even more crazy, he would of been ideal at the moment

As I've said in the past, Monk is using the Brendan Rodgers playbook. Under him we used to take the lead and try to sit back and control the game with possession. Sometimes it worked, and quite often it didn't. This is one of the problems I had with Monk's appointment. We've progressed by doing things differently every time we replaced the manager. Building on the improvements made by each separate incumbent. Now we seem to be trying to take a step back.

Garry should be looking to emulate and improve on the style we showed in Laudrup's first seven months, not reintroduce a manner of play that even Rodgers doesn't bother with anymore.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 9:15]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Very odd reading the board on 09:16 - Oct 22 with 843 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The only time it's possible to sit back and defend is when you have a defensive unit capable of doing so, a good back 7 (back 4 ,GK and 2 good defensive minded tackling/harrying midfield players) but also a front four who Wil press as a unit. We simply don't.

Giving sides the initiative as mentioned in Bermuda's post is plain lunacy and bordering on the suicidal.

Very odd reading the board on 09:20 - Oct 22 with 841 viewsshandyjack

Very odd reading the board on 09:16 - Oct 22 by Brynmill_Jack

The only time it's possible to sit back and defend is when you have a defensive unit capable of doing so, a good back 7 (back 4 ,GK and 2 good defensive minded tackling/harrying midfield players) but also a front four who Wil press as a unit. We simply don't.

Giving sides the initiative as mentioned in Bermuda's post is plain lunacy and bordering on the suicidal.

agreed, attack for us should be best form of defence especially with the pace we have out wide. Also with Bony's aerial prowess we hardly ever seem to put a good ball into the box, be it from open play or set pieces(which are so bad its unreal)

Very odd reading the board on 09:28 - Oct 22 with 822 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Very odd reading the board on 09:20 - Oct 22 by shandyjack

agreed, attack for us should be best form of defence especially with the pace we have out wide. Also with Bony's aerial prowess we hardly ever seem to put a good ball into the box, be it from open play or set pieces(which are so bad its unreal)

As the revered Dr Winnie has rightly pointed out we are attacking as slowly now as we did in our first PL season. Laudrup to his credit changed that and I don't think there's anyone on this board who would say they weren't orgasmic over some of the games in his first season.

Unfortunately his much repeated personality flaw, that is getting bored in his second season stopped him from becoming the greatest manager in our history and high up on the PL legends board. But his psyche wouldn't allow it and he had to go. Which will be a source of regret among a lot of Swans fans, and whilst he's out there coaching in some obscure desert location (admittedly while picking up tons of cash) maybe in his own mind, too.

Very odd reading the board on 09:31 - Oct 22 with 818 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Canas tale is the what if? for me. Was capable of fantastic performances but his passing quite often let him down. Seems to be doing ok for Espanol though so we'll have to put it down to him and the club not being compatible with one another.

Very odd reading the board on 09:33 - Oct 22 with 812 viewsshandyjack

Very odd reading the board on 09:31 - Oct 22 by Brynmill_Jack

The Canas tale is the what if? for me. Was capable of fantastic performances but his passing quite often let him down. Seems to be doing ok for Espanol though so we'll have to put it down to him and the club not being compatible with one another.

for me it was a strange case of letting someone go for nothing before we had a replacement in place

Login to get fewer ads

Very odd reading the board on 09:36 - Oct 22 with 805 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Very odd reading the board on 09:33 - Oct 22 by shandyjack

for me it was a strange case of letting someone go for nothing before we had a replacement in place

And while our only other comparable player in that position was injured - idiotic I'll agree

Very odd reading the board on 09:38 - Oct 22 with 798 viewsDr_Winston

Very odd reading the board on 09:33 - Oct 22 by shandyjack

Was a case of putting personal issues before the good of the team.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Very odd reading the board on 09:42 - Oct 22 with 791 viewsshandyjack

Very odd reading the board on 09:38 - Oct 22 by Dr_Winston

Was a case of putting personal issues before the good of the team.

what amazed me was that Canas wasn't given a chance to go away and get his head straight in the break, Monk straight away said he was not part of his plans and find a new club.
This did 2 things,
1. showed clubs we wanted him out so they were able to get him very cheap
2. isolated Canas and all chance of repairing the rift over.
He should of been involved in first team actions up to the point he was sold, and only sold once a replacement came in

Very odd reading the board on 09:46 - Oct 22 with 783 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Very odd reading the board on 09:42 - Oct 22 by shandyjack

what amazed me was that Canas wasn't given a chance to go away and get his head straight in the break, Monk straight away said he was not part of his plans and find a new club.
This did 2 things,
1. showed clubs we wanted him out so they were able to get him very cheap
2. isolated Canas and all chance of repairing the rift over.
He should of been involved in first team actions up to the point he was sold, and only sold once a replacement came in

It seems a part of Garry's character to make bold public statements and leave himself no room for manouvre. Like the statement he made on Sunday is now having holes picked in it in the press, on twitter (as well as the MOTD presenters).

Very odd reading the board on 17:39 - Oct 22 with 724 viewsDavillin

The best way to defend a one-goal lead is to make it a two-goal lead. So now and never any different.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Very odd reading the board on 17:52 - Oct 22 with 709 viewsLeonisGod

Very odd reading the board on 17:39 - Oct 22 by Davillin

The best way to defend a one-goal lead is to make it a two-goal lead. So now and never any different.

Nah, we tried that against Newcastle. Didn't work.
Very odd reading the board on 22:18 - Oct 22 with 649 viewsDavillin

Very odd reading the board on 17:52 - Oct 22 by LeonisGod

Nah, we tried that against Newcastle. Didn't work.

You and I must have been each watching a different game.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Very odd reading the board on 22:35 - Oct 22 with 623 viewsLeonisGod

Very odd reading the board on 22:51 - Oct 21 by JJJack

Everyone should be pleased we are 8th in the Prem. No-one should be happy with 5 winless games , especially against the sides with the calibre of Newcastle, Sunderland and Stoke. That simple really.
To me we have the same problem we have had for donkeys years....an inability to come back from a goal down. People are saying we can't hold a lead....don't think that's too big a problem but the fact that with the odd notable exception (Stoke home last yr and Arsenal away are examples) we are bloody hopeless at recovering a deficit. Where things went wrong for me on Sunday was on a really poor start to the 2nd half where we looked disjointed/knackered/out of attacking ideas. For years we have simply gone like-for-like in substitutions and it rarely works. We don't get the "hywl" when we're behind. This goes back to Roberto/sousa reigns. We just look like we lack belief and I actually was pleased to see Monk throwing the kitchen sink at it on Sunday for a change...we didn't score but at least we were creating chances. I said pre-season our squad wasn't/isn't as good as last season's and I stand by this. We miss Michu, Davies, De Guzman and Pablo and although the keeper is an upgrade I'm not sure about where, if anywhere we've improved? Siggy has done great but was absolutely shot by 50 odd mins on Sun but there's simply no-one of his ilk to replace him at present. Last yr we had Michu, JDG or Pablo to come on and personally I liked Lamah as he was completely off the cuff.
This probably sounds negative....it's not meant to be as I believe we've been unlucky in terms of sendings off and sides taking the very few chances on offer to them more often than usual. But attacking wise, I don't see we are as creative as early last season when we looked capable of destroying sides (Valencia for example), Newcastle and Sunderland home. We'll be ok but midfield is the achillies heel IMO.

Agreed regarding position in the league - absolutely irrelevant at this stage and when it's so close.

The one thing that is important.. And Brenda used to talk about this, but he is not alone, is performances. 'Get the performance right and the points will follow' used to be the message. That's where the issue is with last Sunday - the performance second half was shocking.

But we do have the quality. You talk about the players of last year. We don't miss Michu, he hardly played and didn't contribute a lot when he did. Pabs? Gylfi is an upgrade and has single handedly provided most of our assists. Ben? Yes, we miss his positive forward play. But he was struggling at time last year defensively. JdG? Absolutely. If I was huw I would have sent him a dozen red roses and a wedding ring, but that's gone. Ki has come back and he's a pretty good alternative.

I think we've got the options from the bench, if they are used well. You mentioned JdG again, but it was rare he was a sub. But Gomis is a new option. Emnes is better than Lamah imo. We don't have the likes of Schecter/Vasquez filling up spaces. This is all good. Montero - we've never had someone like him on the bench.

We've arguably a better squad than recently, but as we've seen it's still limited in certain areas. But that issue is no different than last year, otherwise we wouldn't have been playing Amat in centre midfield. We haven't got to that stage yet.
Very odd reading the board on 23:03 - Oct 22 with 601 viewsperchrockjack

It's hard yo avoid the conclusion that some posters on here clearly see themselves better equipped to lead and to organise our team and club so it begs the question.. What are you doing on an Internet site when your knowledge could be better employed by coaching our team.

Some staggering stuff in this thread.

What about the abuse question too phil..

Seems still prevalent..

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Very odd reading the board on 23:25 - Oct 22 with 584 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Very odd reading the board on 22:35 - Oct 22 by LeonisGod

Agreed regarding position in the league - absolutely irrelevant at this stage and when it's so close.

The one thing that is important.. And Brenda used to talk about this, but he is not alone, is performances. 'Get the performance right and the points will follow' used to be the message. That's where the issue is with last Sunday - the performance second half was shocking.

But we do have the quality. You talk about the players of last year. We don't miss Michu, he hardly played and didn't contribute a lot when he did. Pabs? Gylfi is an upgrade and has single handedly provided most of our assists. Ben? Yes, we miss his positive forward play. But he was struggling at time last year defensively. JdG? Absolutely. If I was huw I would have sent him a dozen red roses and a wedding ring, but that's gone. Ki has come back and he's a pretty good alternative.

I think we've got the options from the bench, if they are used well. You mentioned JdG again, but it was rare he was a sub. But Gomis is a new option. Emnes is better than Lamah imo. We don't have the likes of Schecter/Vasquez filling up spaces. This is all good. Montero - we've never had someone like him on the bench.

We've arguably a better squad than recently, but as we've seen it's still limited in certain areas. But that issue is no different than last year, otherwise we wouldn't have been playing Amat in centre midfield. We haven't got to that stage yet.

You know what, myself, boogs, JJJack, Chrissy , Bermuda, Warwick and a few others should pop over the training ground and offer some advice to Garry and Pep. I'm surprised no one else on here has thought about this.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 23:27]

Very odd reading the board on 23:27 - Oct 22 with 580 viewsperchrockjack

Pop in bryn.

They d be really grateful I'm sure..

Hope you had a good day and sleep well..

Hope we both see a new dawn

Very odd reading the board on 23:32 - Oct 22 with 569 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Very odd reading the board on 23:25 - Oct 22 by Brynmill_Jack

You know what, myself, boogs, JJJack, Chrissy , Bermuda, Warwick and a few others should pop over the training ground and offer some advice to Garry and Pep. I'm surprised no one else on here has thought about this.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 23:27]

Still nobody????

Very odd reading the board on 23:55 - Oct 22 with 538 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Very odd reading the board on 23:32 - Oct 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Still nobody????

I've given advice to every manager since Billy Lucas from the terraces and the stands.

If only they'd taken it we would be multiple winners of the Champions league (or European Cup as it was).

Perch, that's what this forum is for. We give our advice on how to improve the team, the club, the ticket office et al. It makes no difference but it makes us feel better to discuss these things with fellow supporters.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Very odd reading the board on 23:59 - Oct 22 with 527 viewsperchrockjack

Couldn't agree more joke and we ve at it for longer than most.

Bottom line is ,it's not our job and our hopes and dreams are in other s hands so being a control freak like me makes that hard to bear.

And all fans opinions have equal merit..

Those who don't have much in the way of opinion get me all cross

Very odd reading the board on 00:04 - Oct 23 with 509 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Very odd reading the board on 23:55 - Oct 22 by Joe_bradshaw

I've given advice to every manager since Billy Lucas from the terraces and the stands.

If only they'd taken it we would be multiple winners of the Champions league (or European Cup as it was).

Perch, that's what this forum is for. We give our advice on how to improve the team, the club, the ticket office et al. It makes no difference but it makes us feel better to discuss these things with fellow supporters.

FIRST LINE - NOT HELPFUL IF WE ARE TRYING TO NOT GOAD PEOPLE INTO RESPONDING THEREFORE REMOVED.

But it's not advice on coaching Garry needs. It's how to win friends and influence people. At £15.99 it's my first book so do all please form an orderly queue, Monks at the front obviously.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Very odd reading the board on 00:06 - Oct 23 with 509 viewsperchrockjack

I think he did ..

Play tidy

Good night

Very odd reading the board on 07:26 - Oct 23 with 517 viewsPhil_S

Very odd reading the board on 20:37 - Oct 21 by perchrockjack

Phil

We agreed to quit the abuse... correct?

Yes you both agreed to quit the abuse
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024