Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very odd reading the board 08:22 - Oct 21 with 7420 viewsParlay

This is the most positive I've felt, probably ever, as a Swans fan.

Our team is great, the best we have ever had id say. We have a young and hungry manager who knows and understands what we are all about, top half of the Premier League and playing really well (if not getting the rewards as of late). Yet the forum once again is doom and gloom, i honestly cant put my finger on why.

Ive always maintained that the feeling on a forum never represents the true feeling of the masses and I hope this is the case once again as its shocking to read at times. The amount of eye rolls and disbelieving sighs I've done in the last 30 mins reading this beggars belief.

I for one am loving things at the moment, a very refreshing change from the one dimensional, heartless, lack lustre performances of the last 12 months of the Laudrup era.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Very odd reading the board on 08:39 - Oct 21 with 2443 viewsmidswan

I have to say I agree with this and it was a real shock to see such a post amongst the normal doom and gloom. surely its the best time to be a Swans fan ?
Whats the alternative? Boring footy or lower league? We have the eyes and ears of the world on us and are even regulary lauded as a 'model club'.....plenty would swap with us !
Very odd reading the board on 08:40 - Oct 21 with 2437 viewsStarsky

Can't beat a slice of passion and Premier league football. Certainly not sterile down the Liberty is it?
Great times indeed.

It's just the internet, init.

Very odd reading the board on 08:43 - Oct 21 with 2427 viewsParlay

Thank god its not just me then

Forum celebrity

Very odd reading the board on 08:46 - Oct 21 with 2414 viewsmonmouth

Very odd reading the board on 08:43 - Oct 21 by Parlay

Thank god its not just me then

No, not just you.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Very odd reading the board on 08:51 - Oct 21 with 2403 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Very odd reading the board on 08:39 - Oct 21 by midswan

I have to say I agree with this and it was a real shock to see such a post amongst the normal doom and gloom. surely its the best time to be a Swans fan ?
Whats the alternative? Boring footy or lower league? We have the eyes and ears of the world on us and are even regulary lauded as a 'model club'.....plenty would swap with us !

Ah yes the "beats being in the lower leagues" line that quite often gets trotted out when performances are poor and we're not picking up points..........

Of course it's the best time to be a Swans fan, beats going to Aldershot in 86 or 87 and seeing us get walloped 4-1 but what's that got to do with us not strengthening where we really needed to and looking generally rudderless in the past four or five games?

If we had approached things differently both in the transfer market and tactically we could very likely be second or third. Where's your ambition for the team you love?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Very odd reading the board on 08:55 - Oct 21 with 2392 viewsParlay

Very odd reading the board on 08:51 - Oct 21 by Brynmill_Jack

Ah yes the "beats being in the lower leagues" line that quite often gets trotted out when performances are poor and we're not picking up points..........

Of course it's the best time to be a Swans fan, beats going to Aldershot in 86 or 87 and seeing us get walloped 4-1 but what's that got to do with us not strengthening where we really needed to and looking generally rudderless in the past four or five games?

If we had approached things differently both in the transfer market and tactically we could very likely be second or third. Where's your ambition for the team you love?

By approached things differently do you mean generally bought everyone we needed? Not as simple as that is it. It was the best transfer window in memory.

As for the tactics. That can be blamed every single time we don't win, we are playing as well as we ever have in the Premier League for my money.

Im sure everyone is ambitious but with ambition you need realism otherwise it becomes corrosive. We could be 2nd and people could then be angry we are not top and put it at "ambition's" door.

As i see it, creating a negative atmosphere when we are doing well (8th in Premier League) whether it be in the name of misplaced ambition or not, is doing more harm for the club we love than looking at it for what it is and naturally beaming with pride.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 9:00]

Forum celebrity

Very odd reading the board on 09:05 - Oct 21 with 2340 viewsperchrockjack

its quite simple and really things are being masked on here.
Some didn't see Monk s appointment as smart and stated so on here.
THEY want him to fail to be proven right which is why they are hammering Monk NOW ,hence the fish full of shirt stuff.

WHEN he is sacked eventually they will glory in being proven correct.
It is that what this board is about right now.
It is why the open abuse is now more subtle.

It stinks ... I d suggest also that those who didn't like Monks appointment are the ones who ve been the most abusive,insulting and the ones least likely to show any respect at all to fellow fans.

THIS post is on topic and does not contain personal insults. Its aimed to whomsoever the cap fits.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Very odd reading the board on 09:07 - Oct 21 with 2348 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Very odd reading the board on 08:55 - Oct 21 by Parlay

By approached things differently do you mean generally bought everyone we needed? Not as simple as that is it. It was the best transfer window in memory.

As for the tactics. That can be blamed every single time we don't win, we are playing as well as we ever have in the Premier League for my money.

Im sure everyone is ambitious but with ambition you need realism otherwise it becomes corrosive. We could be 2nd and people could then be angry we are not top and put it at "ambition's" door.

As i see it, creating a negative atmosphere when we are doing well (8th in Premier League) whether it be in the name of misplaced ambition or not, is doing more harm for the club we love than looking at it for what it is and naturally beaming with pride.

Well we have brought in a striker at huge expense to replace another one who doesn't want to go and knowing Leon was out injured we missed out on at least 3 good CDM's (Besic, Stambouli and Cork who's on fire at the moment for Soton) simply because we seemed to lose interest. The need for that kind of player has shown up in the last 5 games quite graphically!

We decided "Ki and JJS will do" when neither are CDM's!

We've got a 32 year old right back who never had any pace when he was 27 and a left back who is struggling to regain his best form. Two replacements there were ignored by the board (the blame is no way Garry's there).

We did make a great few acquisitions in Gylfi , Fab and Jeff although Gomis for me isn't doing it (lack of game time or not) considering his good reputation in France.

As for tactics maybe unfair to blame Garry there as without the 3 positions cited filled adequately he hasn't got that many options!

So offensively a very decent transfer window but defensively a disaster.

Login to get fewer ads

Very odd reading the board on 09:13 - Oct 21 with 2322 viewsJackSomething

Very odd reading the board on 08:51 - Oct 21 by Brynmill_Jack

You call it ambition for the team you love, I call it not taking enjoyment in a game we all claim to love. We always seem to have had a section of fans who are always complaining, always worrying, even through an unprecedented period of sustained success. That group seems to have grown bigger the better the club have done.

Each to their own, but I do wonder how much enjoyment people get when they're more concerned about being able to prove we didn't make the right signings, Monk isn't good enough, we should have done a thousand different things differently...

It's a bit like a quote about Catholicism - 'Catholics don't celebrate their faith, they mourn it'.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Very odd reading the board on 09:17 - Oct 21 with 2305 viewsWarwickHunt

Very odd reading the board on 09:07 - Oct 21 by Brynmill_Jack

Well we have brought in a striker at huge expense to replace another one who doesn't want to go and knowing Leon was out injured we missed out on at least 3 good CDM's (Besic, Stambouli and Cork who's on fire at the moment for Soton) simply because we seemed to lose interest. The need for that kind of player has shown up in the last 5 games quite graphically!

We've got a 32 year old right back who never had any pace when he was 27 and a left back who is struggling to regain his best form. Two replacements there were ignored by the board (the blame is no way Garry's there).

We did make a great few acquisitions in Gylfi , Fab and Jeff although Gomis for me isn't doing it (lack of game time or not) considering his good reputation in France.

As for tactics maybe unfair to blame Garry there as without the 3 positions cited filled adequately he hasn't got that many options!

Didn't Monk scoff at suggestions that Rangel was past it and stated that Besic was no better than Fulton?

This is Monk/Jenkins' team now, we've had the clearout - no excuses.
Very odd reading the board on 09:19 - Oct 21 with 2291 viewsParlay

Very odd reading the board on 09:07 - Oct 21 by Brynmill_Jack

We certainly did bring in Gomis. However it looked for all money as if Bony would be leaving, not to mention being away in the African Nations Cup. If that had materialised and we were left with no striker and none on the market we would have been hammered for not being pro active. Signing Gomis was one of the mist ambitious forward thinking transfers in our history make no mistake about it.

Besic went to Everton, Stambouli didnt want to come did he? and who knows regarding Cork. People assume we can sign anyone we want but its not as simple as that a lot more goes on behind the scenes than we know about. I don't think we decided JJS or Ki "will do" they are filling a hole at the moment as we couldn't get in what we needed.

In terms of Davies going, it was needed in order to bring in Gylfi. Again a replacement was looked for and not found. We also brought in a first choice Argentinian International center back to replace the erratic Chico. So i disagree defensively its been a disaster, our starting 5 this season (gk included) is better than our starting 5 last season and id never swap them.

Im sure we will have another dip into the transfer market in January. However Monk has had 1 transfer window to overhaul a whole squad and im amazed people are annoyed we didnt get a certain position here and there. Its a long term project not an instant win scenario. We are doing extremely well and im understating that in fact.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 9:20]

Forum celebrity

Very odd reading the board on 09:24 - Oct 21 with 2274 viewsParlay

Very odd reading the board on 09:05 - Oct 21 by perchrockjack

its quite simple and really things are being masked on here.
Some didn't see Monk s appointment as smart and stated so on here.
THEY want him to fail to be proven right which is why they are hammering Monk NOW ,hence the fish full of shirt stuff.

WHEN he is sacked eventually they will glory in being proven correct.
It is that what this board is about right now.
It is why the open abuse is now more subtle.

It stinks ... I d suggest also that those who didn't like Monks appointment are the ones who ve been the most abusive,insulting and the ones least likely to show any respect at all to fellow fans.

THIS post is on topic and does not contain personal insults. Its aimed to whomsoever the cap fits.

Well without being provocative, you are correct on that premise at least. Not everyone is going to be happy at any given time no matter how good things are, thats human nature as people have different views. But it does see, like a few are trying to save face from an early stall they set out.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 9:25]

Forum celebrity

Very odd reading the board on 09:30 - Oct 21 with 2244 viewsSpratty

Very odd reading the board on 08:55 - Oct 21 by Parlay

Do you ever manage to catch the second half

I once again supported us right to the end of the match on Sun even when we eventually lost all I said was onward and upward.

But that subsequent abuse of Moses based on a total lie from us whilst claiming the moral high ground was more than I could bare. I hope Rangel does not again take the fall for this because if we had not gone off on the angry moral high ground rant it would not be an issue.

As someone else also pointed out it is the points we are not picking up which is the concern. That is why the issues need to be addressed before they become a danger to our survival and why would fans not raise such concerns in the same way as we rightfully praised our exceptional start to the season.

As I said hopefully pick up 3 points on Sat and it will be all sweetness and light again but fail to do that with more difficult games ahead and it will become more concerning.
Very odd reading the board on 09:35 - Oct 21 with 2223 viewsSwansNZ

Great time to be a Swans fan.
The problem with this forum is, I think a lot of the posters are not real Swans fans.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Very odd reading the board on 09:35 - Oct 21 with 2223 viewsJackSomething

Very odd reading the board on 09:30 - Oct 21 by Spratty

I once again supported us right to the end of the match on Sun even when we eventually lost all I said was onward and upward.

But that subsequent abuse of Moses based on a total lie from us whilst claiming the moral high ground was more than I could bare. I hope Rangel does not again take the fall for this because if we had not gone off on the angry moral high ground rant it would not be an issue.

As someone else also pointed out it is the points we are not picking up which is the concern. That is why the issues need to be addressed before they become a danger to our survival and why would fans not raise such concerns in the same way as we rightfully praised our exceptional start to the season.

As I said hopefully pick up 3 points on Sat and it will be all sweetness and light again but fail to do that with more difficult games ahead and it will become more concerning.

Just for clarity, were you expressing the same concerns about not picking up points between 9th December and 27th January, when we only managed 3 draws from 8 games?

Not being provocative, just wondering if some people's current concerns have more to do with the manager than the results?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Very odd reading the board on 09:36 - Oct 21 with 2219 viewsParlay

Very odd reading the board on 09:30 - Oct 21 by Spratty

I always catch the second half yes, we played well the majority of it. Football is a game of momentum and a goal before half time (monk was spot on with what he said) will swing it to Stoke. Thats football.

How are the points we are not picking up a concern? We have picked up 11 points after 8 games thats a healthy return. Im amazed people expected us to turn over Stoke away in the first place let alone be concerned when we didn't.

You know as well as I do that 3 points on the weekend will do nothing as people are baying for blood for some bizarre reason.

Forum celebrity

Very odd reading the board on 09:45 - Oct 21 with 2192 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Very odd reading the board on 09:13 - Oct 21 by JackSomething

You call it ambition for the team you love, I call it not taking enjoyment in a game we all claim to love. We always seem to have had a section of fans who are always complaining, always worrying, even through an unprecedented period of sustained success. That group seems to have grown bigger the better the club have done.

Each to their own, but I do wonder how much enjoyment people get when they're more concerned about being able to prove we didn't make the right signings, Monk isn't good enough, we should have done a thousand different things differently...

It's a bit like a quote about Catholicism - 'Catholics don't celebrate their faith, they mourn it'.

Well mate I've been watching them since 1977 and have felt the lows but have also shed tears of joy at Preston, Wembley (more than once) and down the vetch against Hull. I'm one of only a possible 300 that's been to every play off final , that should count for something.

You've probably never met me but you assert that I'm happier to have something to moan about with the Swans than be positive/happy for them? I think you'll find the vast majority of my posts over the years have been far more positive than negative.

Thanks for the analysis but when I need a psychologist I'll see a professional, no offence.

Very odd reading the board on 09:49 - Oct 21 with 2177 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Very odd reading the board on 09:36 - Oct 21 by Parlay

I always catch the second half yes, we played well the majority of it. Football is a game of momentum and a goal before half time (monk was spot on with what he said) will swing it to Stoke. Thats football.

How are the points we are not picking up a concern? We have picked up 11 points after 8 games thats a healthy return. Im amazed people expected us to turn over Stoke away in the first place let alone be concerned when we didn't.

You know as well as I do that 3 points on the weekend will do nothing as people are baying for blood for some bizarre reason.

You are Huw Jenkins and I claim my £5.

Momentum is exactly the problem. 3 great results - brilliant. The last 5 games undeniably though we are in retrograde. It would have been entirely different if we'd have started poorly then picked up 3 wins in our last three games. But we haven't .

Very odd reading the board on 09:52 - Oct 21 with 2158 viewsperchrockjack

I was told many times on here, possibly by brynmill et al ,that I WAS NEGATIVE. Now, it seems that HE and his chums are simply creaming themselves over our recent results and ,lets not lie here, want him out asap.

THEN, the appointment of Monk will have been shown as wrong and they were correct. THESE are the people who start insults on here and even now continue to post personally. Obvious to all.

THIS is the tie to all get behind the club which means being positive ;we are where we are and negativilty ,bitching and cat calling is the last we should be doing.

WE ARE WHERE WE ARE SO BURY DIFFERENCES -finally and lets all grow a pair..
Finally, I ve been a fan for well over 50 years and also done hard miles and I m proud of where we are and how we ve done it. I am ashamed genuinely with some on here and pray they don't have this attitude at away games when they re in contact with other club fans.

THE NATURAL FAN would be supporting Monk last weekend not looking for excuses to hammer him-right or wrong,its what fans do

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Very odd reading the board on 09:57 - Oct 21 with 2152 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Very odd reading the board on 09:35 - Oct 21 by JackSomething

Just for clarity, were you expressing the same concerns about not picking up points between 9th December and 27th January, when we only managed 3 draws from 8 games?

Not being provocative, just wondering if some people's current concerns have more to do with the manager than the results?

Err no? That is so far out of context I really don't know where to begin. Laudrup had fallen out with the board in the Summer. We should have fired him THEN. We didn't.

He carried the spoilt brat attitude into the season like a sulking child and had clearly lost interest. Add to that the fatigue and wear and tear of an Europa league campaign with so many more games and clear divisions between new foreign players and the old guard as well.

We are 8 games into a brand new season , no fatigue , and we have also got rid of one half of the troublemakers. So what's the excuse?

If you are going to make comparisons at least make them pertinent.

Very odd reading the board on 10:00 - Oct 21 with 2142 viewsParlay

Very odd reading the board on 09:49 - Oct 21 by Brynmill_Jack

You are Huw Jenkins and I claim my £5.

Momentum is exactly the problem. 3 great results - brilliant. The last 5 games undeniably though we are in retrograde. It would have been entirely different if we'd have started poorly then picked up 3 wins in our last three games. But we haven't .

But momentum is a natural occurring phenomenon that has affected Swansea for the last 100 years. Why is it all of a sudden such a concern? We are 8th due to the momentum swing early on. Im sure we will be around 8th in the new year due to the momentum generated by our next win etc etc

Its like people have only started watching football this season. Its mental.

Forum celebrity

Very odd reading the board on 10:02 - Oct 21 with 2132 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Very odd reading the board on 09:17 - Oct 21 by WarwickHunt

Didn't Monk scoff at suggestions that Rangel was past it and stated that Besic was no better than Fulton?

This is Monk/Jenkins' team now, we've had the clearout - no excuses.

Did he really say that? OMG!
Fulton has got a lot of potential and I like him but better than someone who performs well at a World Cup? Barking that is.

Perhaps he'll be rueing the comments over Rangel when he's turning like a battleship trying to catch players like Moses and ending up (quite naturally) sticking an arm out to try to gain parity with him (it wasn't a penalty in my eyes either but that made it so much easier for Oliver to get the stoke crowd of his back).

Very odd reading the board on 10:04 - Oct 21 with 2121 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Very odd reading the board on 10:00 - Oct 21 by Parlay

But momentum is a natural occurring phenomenon that has affected Swansea for the last 100 years. Why is it all of a sudden such a concern? We are 8th due to the momentum swing early on. Im sure we will be around 8th in the new year due to the momentum generated by our next win etc etc

Its like people have only started watching football this season. Its mental.

Ha ha Dimi maybe you but not me! Spent my time in the lower league trenches and now I'm being criticised for wanting us to do better when it is CLEARLY within our capabilities to do so.

Very odd reading the board on 10:08 - Oct 21 with 2095 viewswaynekerr55

Welcome to the world of top flight football.

The time to worry is if we stop creating chances. Ki finishes his chance and we win.

Football... bloody hell!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Very odd reading the board on 10:09 - Oct 21 with 2094 viewsParlay

Very odd reading the board on 10:04 - Oct 21 by Brynmill_Jack

Ha ha Dimi maybe you but not me! Spent my time in the lower league trenches and now I'm being criticised for wanting us to do better when it is CLEARLY within our capabilities to do so.

So you are worrying about Swansea being 8th in the Prem and I'm being happy Swansea are 8th in the Prem... And you don't see the issue there?

You are afraid of things that have been happening to every club, every season, since time began. To me that sounds like distinct lack of footballing experience or nouse. But there you go. Have we ever had a season in the Premier League where we haven't won every game? Aye thought so.

Forum celebrity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024