Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City will only get stronger, says Garry Monk 09:38 - Oct 21 with 443 viewsthomasJack

GARRY Monk is convinced Swansea City will only get stronger as the Premier League season goes on.

After their spectacular start to the campaign, Swansea have slipped into mid-table having failed to win in their last five Premier League games.

Monk is still simmering after Sunday's contentious defeat at Stoke, when he was left raging at Victor Moses and referee Michael Oliver because of the penalty incident which turned the tide of the game.

The Potters reverse means Swansea have taken only two points from the last 15 on offer. But Monk is convinced there are good times ahead for a team whose performance level has been encouraging throughout the campaign.

"I don't want to keep saying we deserved more from games – sometimes it would be nice to play poorly and win," said the Swansea manager.

"The statistics will show we've now not won for five games, but let's be realistic.

"Look where we are in the league. We have still got a healthy points tally, we're still doing very well.

"We've got a very good team with very good players and we can play at an even better level than what we showed at Stoke and we will do that because we're improving every day.

"The players are taking on a lot of information, there a lot of different things we are trying to do with them.

"I think we will see the fruits of that labour as the season goes on.

"We'll be very strong as the season goes on I think."

Swansea's next chance to prove they are progressing comes against Leicester City next Saturday, when Jonjo Shelvey will return after a ban.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-stronger-says-Garry-Monk/st

Poll: Next signing

Swansea City will only get stronger, says Garry Monk on 10:29 - Oct 21 with 414 viewsBrynmill_Jack

We played poorly and feckin lost. What a bizarre statement!
We can't blame that decision solely for losing, after all they did score that "worldie" against us in the second half

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City will only get stronger, says Garry Monk on 10:38 - Oct 21 with 398 viewsicecoldjack

Its his job to remain positive,as long as the players buy into it then i dont see any problems, our performances have been mixed but in fairness we have made alot of changes.

A draw was a fair result at stoke but lets be honest, the players arnt burying the chances when they arise which doesnt help matters.

Leiscter will be a huge game.

3 pts there and we have had as good a start to the season as we could really expect imo.
Swansea City will only get stronger, says Garry Monk on 12:12 - Oct 21 with 339 viewshammy

Swansea City will only get stronger, says Garry Monk on 10:29 - Oct 21 by Brynmill_Jack

We played poorly and feckin lost. What a bizarre statement!
We can't blame that decision solely for losing, after all they did score that "worldie" against us in the second half

Hmm, thought we played quite well first half (again) and could have / should have been 3 up. Again in the second half the performance slipped off, which may have been due to our international players tiring. Not particularly looking for excuses; was very disappointed that we didn't get anything from this game (and also the Soton and Newcastle games we should have had more points).

GM is obviously going to come out with positive statements and if we can start putting some of the very winnable games to bed then it will secure our position and his own.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Swansea City will only get stronger, says Garry Monk on 12:56 - Oct 21 with 279 viewsSpratty

Agree need to be positive and we did play some nice stuff in the first half but of course that is not the only half. Result not a major concern to me, more latter performance and lack of resilience tactical nous.

Think we need to concentrate on our own performance rather than the pen and personally don't think anger and simmering are constructive

The comments on fruits of our labour and strong as the season goes on are good positive messages. The one about getting better every day, although I think I understand it relates to improving individual elements of our game it seemingly gives a bit of an odd message given our run of results. Like the inclusion of I think because it shows humility.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024