Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Intimidate the Ref and Linesfolk 10:49 - Oct 21 with 707 viewsScoobyWho

They are close to us in the east stand, we need screaming and direct verbal engagement. An Absolute and continual roar from the crowd that ensures they feel intimidated. Can this be done ? We do ourselves down continually at The liberty when most fans say its the best atmosphere in the league. Let's prove it to ourselves, let's scream so loud those flashing hoardings explode in their faces.

Lets really be the twelfth man. Scream for everything even if its obviously wrong.

PS - an odd and precise observation and gentle nudge will suffice from the west.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 15:53]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Intimidate the Ref and Linesfolk on 11:02 - Oct 21 with 683 viewsPrivate_Partz

There is no doubt the twelfth man works when supporting the team. Intimidating the officials can go either way however and sometimes can turn them against us in a situation where the 'benefit of doubt' applies.
We do pretty well at the Liberty and when the team shows that they are up for the game we get behind them.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Intimidate the Ref and Linesfolk on 11:03 - Oct 21 with 683 viewsicecoldjack

Was sat near to a guy in the east at the newcastle game , fair play he was into the linesman for 90 mins...didnt make any difference though! Lol

In fact i tend to sometimes think it makes the fookers dig their heels in a bit more!

Im all for the crown raising their game though, michael oliver felt a bit of pressure no doubt but in fairness to him he protected our players better than most ive seen ref us.

If mike dean had reffed us up at stoke he would have thrived on the hatred ..until somebody threw a coin at him that is!
Intimidate the Ref and Linesfolk on 11:03 - Oct 21 with 683 viewsjacksinceever

Sat in the West by the pitch last few matches. screamed so loud at the ref and linesman, my boy jumped out of his skin an d I think I woke a few up around me!
Intimidate the Ref and Linesfolk on 11:10 - Oct 21 with 678 viewsPrivate_Partz

Intimidate the Ref and Linesfolk on 11:03 - Oct 21 by jacksinceever

Sat in the West by the pitch last few matches. screamed so loud at the ref and linesman, my boy jumped out of his skin an d I think I woke a few up around me!

I can remember my old man taking me to the footy and I could never understand why this normally mild mannered person suddenly developed the screaming abdabs ;-) At 61 I now understand and have followed in his footsteps for many years ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Intimidate the Ref and Linesfolk on 11:25 - Oct 21 with 664 viewsQuakerJack

I agree. If it's good enough for the pot making scumbags it's good enough for us... It used to happen at the vetch from the North Bank. We need to make them petrified to not give us a decision.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Intimidate the Ref and Linesfolk on 11:29 - Oct 21 with 663 viewsjacksinceever

Intimidate the Ref and Linesfolk on 11:10 - Oct 21 by Private_Partz

I can remember my old man taking me to the footy and I could never understand why this normally mild mannered person suddenly developed the screaming abdabs ;-) At 61 I now understand and have followed in his footsteps for many years ;-)

Same with me. Normally I'm your archetype Mild Mannered Janitor. Put me in a football stadium and a whole different persona emerges (with the bounds of decency though)
Intimidate the Ref and Linesfolk on 14:56 - Oct 21 with 583 viewsDewi1jack

Intimidate the Ref and Linesfolk on 11:25 - Oct 21 by QuakerJack

I agree. If it's good enough for the pot making scumbags it's good enough for us... It used to happen at the vetch from the North Bank. We need to make them petrified to not give us a decision.

Seem to remember a few linesmen running a few yards in from the touchline because of the NB.
Just wish the linos by the East could actually keep up with play. When they don't or fail to help the ref out is when I start letting fly with the abuse. Not that it seems to help any, but it is funny to see them jump sometimes.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Intimidate the Ref and Linesfolk on 15:40 - Oct 21 with 549 viewspierre91

...the best ever "Assistant Referee's" decision in our favour in the whole Premier League era came when the divine Sian Massey flagged Micah Richards offside in the Citeh game a couple of years ago and we went on to win 1-0 .

Btw, I sit in the Lower West, G120, and even I could see she was right. I was awake at the time, although I confess Jimmy next to me was snoring gently. Whatever, we BOTH fell off our "walkers" later and had to be given a soup-type meal rather than anything that required chewing, and were long gone to sleep before MOTD.

Get real please, enjoy the game, sing as much as you like (we really do) and stop trying to manufacture an "atmosphere" which doesn't occur unless it comes organically. The Lib was jumping for the CCFC fixture (understandably), and that Citeh fixture where we won against a "big boy".

Similarly, Arsenal in the 3-2 wasn't half bad either.

Enjoy the moment
Login to get fewer ads

Intimidate the Ref and Linesfolk on 15:45 - Oct 21 with 541 viewsC_jack

This is not park football, we are not going to achieve anything (apart from a lot of embarrassment) by calling the linesperson some nasty names, I think they're used to it.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Intimidate the Ref and Linesfolk on 15:47 - Oct 21 with 538 viewsScoobyWho

Intimidate the Ref and Linesfolk on 11:25 - Oct 21 by QuakerJack

I love your passion Quaker. Yes, yes and fking yes.
If anyone is just reading this and wants to shout twice as loud as normal please join in.

We need to raise the anti. And not just rely on the players to do it every time. They need the strength of 20,000 jack voices behind them.

I know it was sometime ago now, but the hatred and passion and emotion 5000 voices could create towards everything that isn't perceive right at The Vetch was definitely a twelfth man at times. Not every game, but for many.

Mind you does anyone remember half a season or so when the NB was really quiet - around 1989 ? No singing for most games.
Was that the drugs of the time everyone speaks about taking hold ....
[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 15:52]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024