Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Analysis: Stoke City 2-1 Swansea City 22:47 - Oct 21 with 719 viewsComeonyouSwans

Here's my take on our 2-1 defeat at Stoke City on the weekend, detailed tactical analysis and where it went wrong for the Swans.

We had problems in midfield, poor direct passes and gaps in midfield allowed Stoke to take over in the second half and score the winner. We didn't take our chances early on, and were made to pay in the end. Our second half performance was lacking, and it was strange to see Monk shift to 4-4-2 despite already being outnumbered in the middle third.

http://www.comeonyouswans.com/2014/10/21/match-analysis-stoke-city-2-1-swansea-c
Match Analysis: Stoke City 2-1 Swansea City on 10:41 - Oct 22 with 663 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Fantastic analysis as always mate! Keep em coming.

Reading that analysis, its sad to see that Swansea still hasn't sorted out problems that have been killing them for weeks. All those gaps, our lack of links between the midfield/defense and attack, and the outnumbering of our players in the final third and midfield. We really need to find solutions to these problems.

Come on you Swans.

Match Analysis: Stoke City 2-1 Swansea City on 22:06 - Oct 23 with 565 viewsComeonyouSwans

thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

I meant to include some passing diagrams showing the amount of unsuccessful passes from our own half but didn't get around to it in the end. I've seen Fernandez being criticised for his passing in the game, he had 85% accuracy though, compared to Williams' 71%, both full backs had 83%.
Match Analysis: Stoke City 2-1 Swansea City on 11:20 - Oct 24 with 526 viewsA_Fans_Dad

One thing that your analysis has confirmed, apart from Bony's poorer than usual hold play (tired after international duties?), is the very poor use of the wings.
Just look at the pictures before and after your "Swansea’s switch to 4-4-2 " main heading, there are totally unmarked players on the wing in both shots.
When Montero came on he changed the game and made 2 great runs with good crosses, (which came to nothing), but then the team practically ignored him for the rest of the game.
Once Bony got that Yellow for a "late" tackle he should have been substituted as he was a liability after that fearing he would get a second and thus a Red. He was scared to put in a decent tackle form there on.
Match Analysis: Stoke City 2-1 Swansea City on 12:00 - Oct 24 with 504 viewsComeonyouSwans

Match Analysis: Stoke City 2-1 Swansea City on 11:20 - Oct 24 by A_Fans_Dad

One thing that your analysis has confirmed, apart from Bony's poorer than usual hold play (tired after international duties?), is the very poor use of the wings.
Just look at the pictures before and after your "Swansea’s switch to 4-4-2 " main heading, there are totally unmarked players on the wing in both shots.
When Montero came on he changed the game and made 2 great runs with good crosses, (which came to nothing), but then the team practically ignored him for the rest of the game.
Once Bony got that Yellow for a "late" tackle he should have been substituted as he was a liability after that fearing he would get a second and thus a Red. He was scared to put in a decent tackle form there on.

Poor use of the wings has been evident too often in recent games, particularly away. Our play was very narrow at Sunderland as well, and if our wingers aren't in games, then we struggle. It reminded me of our play under Laudrup.

The first 3 wins, particularly the 2 at home, our wingers were able to stay wide and offer plenty of width and I'm hoping we see that again tomorrow at Leicester, if we do I can only see 1 winner.

I expect Montero to start games from December at least, when we've got a busy schedule and Routledge/Dyer will need a rest.
Match Analysis: Stoke City 2-1 Swansea City on 12:13 - Oct 24 with 491 viewsLord_Bony

I said before the match that containing Charlie Adam in midfield would be the key...we did nt do that a lot of the time and got punished for it.

Still pleased with the way we played but we were VERY unlucky.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024