Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk Punishment 00:06 - Oct 22 with 1181 viewsMrSwan

I have been thinking today about Monk and the punishment he is going to be receiving and i hope the punishment will be a touchline ban so that he can sit in the stands and see games the way we see them which I think could potentially help him make improvements does anyone else think this could help him?

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Monk Punishment on 00:13 - Oct 22 with 1174 viewsmorningstar

If managers felt that they could see games better from the stands, do you not think that would be well documented by now and they would all sit there?
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 0:14]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Monk Punishment on 00:16 - Oct 22 with 1163 viewsMrSwan

Monk Punishment on 00:13 - Oct 22 by morningstar

If managers felt that they could see games better from the stands, do you not think that would be well documented by now and they would all sit there?
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 0:14]

Well they all say they have no influence from the touchline and there are a few managers that do actually sit in the stands so if a manager is forced into doing so then maybe they might think it does help them, just a thought.

Monk Punishment on 00:18 - Oct 22 with 1160 viewsLeonisGod

No.
Monk Punishment on 00:25 - Oct 22 with 1143 viewsscottishjack

Can someone explain to me how a touchline ban is going to help him be less angry with decisions going against us? If anything, he may have a clearer view and be even more annoyed?

Some managers prefer to sit in the stand and pass on instructions, some prefer to be close to the action, I'm sure that Garry has watched many games from both vantage points and decided that the touchline is for him, that's his choice, and many top managers have decided the same.

FA Commissioner 1:- "Ah, I see Garry Monk called someone a cheat to a journalist after a match in the bowels of the stadium."

FA Commissioner 2:- "Let's ban him from the touchline!!!"

FA Commissioner 1:- "Yep, makes perfect sense... that'll learn him to watch what he says to those good old telly journalism chaps..."

FA Commissioner 2:- "Good Oh! It's decided then, pass the port old chap..."

FA Commissioner 1:- "Bravo!"

It'll be a fine and a slap on the wrists, and we should appeal it.
Monk Punishment on 00:39 - Oct 22 with 1130 viewsmorningstar

Monk Punishment on 00:25 - Oct 22 by scottishjack

Can someone explain to me how a touchline ban is going to help him be less angry with decisions going against us? If anything, he may have a clearer view and be even more annoyed?

Some managers prefer to sit in the stand and pass on instructions, some prefer to be close to the action, I'm sure that Garry has watched many games from both vantage points and decided that the touchline is for him, that's his choice, and many top managers have decided the same.

FA Commissioner 1:- "Ah, I see Garry Monk called someone a cheat to a journalist after a match in the bowels of the stadium."

FA Commissioner 2:- "Let's ban him from the touchline!!!"

FA Commissioner 1:- "Yep, makes perfect sense... that'll learn him to watch what he says to those good old telly journalism chaps..."

FA Commissioner 2:- "Good Oh! It's decided then, pass the port old chap..."

FA Commissioner 1:- "Bravo!"

It'll be a fine and a slap on the wrists, and we should appeal it.

You can call me stupid when he is, but I just have this crazy feeling that they ain't gonna charge him!

Monk Punishment on 00:44 - Oct 22 with 1120 viewsMrSwan

Monk Punishment on 00:39 - Oct 22 by morningstar

You can call me stupid when he is, but I just have this crazy feeling that they ain't gonna charge him!

it does seem to be dragging on usually within a day there already charged but could be to do with how it has all escalated.

Monk Punishment on 06:55 - Oct 22 with 1026 viewsNOTRAC

It is important to realise that he did not call the ref a cheat,only the player.
The referee made an error, but it was compounded by the cheating of Moses.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Monk Punishment on 08:11 - Oct 22 with 968 viewsshandyjack

Monk Punishment on 06:55 - Oct 22 by NOTRAC

It is important to realise that he did not call the ref a cheat,only the player.
The referee made an error, but it was compounded by the cheating of Moses.

'the ref cheated us' is as close to calling the ref a cheat as you can get in my eyes

Poll: Expectation for the season

Login to get fewer ads

Monk Punishment on 10:48 - Oct 22 with 871 viewsmorningstar

Monk Punishment on 08:11 - Oct 22 by shandyjack

'the ref cheated us' is as close to calling the ref a cheat as you can get in my eyes

But it was said in the context of Moses cheating the ref first. There is a difference in that and saying the ref blatantly cheated us.

Monk Punishment on 11:18 - Oct 22 with 836 viewsmonmouth

It's a fascinating one for sure. If they charge him (and I think they will, under some 'disrepute' umbrella that could mean anything) they are taking a position where no one can point out blatant cheating...everyone knows Moses took a ridiculous dive, shirt pull or no.

Maybe will go for him under 'the referree then cheated us' quote, which really was a daft way to phrase that.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk Punishment on 11:21 - Oct 22 with 830 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Don't they usually ask the perpetrator to "explain his comments" before any charge is forthcoming?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Monk Punishment on 11:34 - Oct 22 with 817 viewsscottishjack

Monk Punishment on 11:21 - Oct 22 by Joe_bradshaw

Don't they usually ask the perpetrator to "explain his comments" before any charge is forthcoming?

I think so?

"So, Mr. Monk, can you explain why you said that Victor Moses cheated?"

"Because he did."

"Ah! This is most unusual... 5 match ban"
Monk Punishment on 11:53 - Oct 22 with 792 viewssully49

Monk Punishment on 11:34 - Oct 22 by scottishjack

I think so?

"So, Mr. Monk, can you explain why you said that Victor Moses cheated?"

"Because he did."

"Ah! This is most unusual... 5 match ban"

We are under the auspice's of the FAW and it will take an eternity for them to charge, or not GM. Any authority will make an example of Garry, if nothing else, its to show everyone that its not PC to berate anyone on camera. The truth has no bearing on this unfortunately, its just not cricket old chap.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Monk Punishment on 11:54 - Oct 22 with 792 viewsperchrockjack

I d take a "good" solicitor and tell garry to shuit thefeck up

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Monk Punishment on 02:36 - Oct 23 with 624 viewsSwansNZ

Monk Punishment on 11:53 - Oct 22 by sully49

We are under the auspice's of the FAW and it will take an eternity for them to charge, or not GM. Any authority will make an example of Garry, if nothing else, its to show everyone that its not PC to berate anyone on camera. The truth has no bearing on this unfortunately, its just not cricket old chap.

We fall under the (English) FA for disciplinary matters. I think a FAW member sits on the panel tho’

So, is he being charged with anything or not? Is there any time limit within which they have to charge him?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Monk Punishment on 02:53 - Oct 23 with 615 viewsMrSwan

Monk Punishment on 02:36 - Oct 23 by SwansNZ

We fall under the (English) FA for disciplinary matters. I think a FAW member sits on the panel tho’

So, is he being charged with anything or not? Is there any time limit within which they have to charge him?

I would have thought something would have been done by now surely maybe he's just been fined which hasn't been broadcasted to the world

Monk Punishment on 07:51 - Oct 23 with 562 viewsKilkennyjack

Unfortunately for monks the premier league cannot have people in its global money making machine calling others cheats. Where would it end up if they did nothing ? Be like a parks game ffs. No gary is going to get shafted - and big time. He will get plenty of time to reflect on how the experianced managets tend to react post mAtch.

Beware of the Risen People

Monk Punishment on 11:07 - Oct 23 with 498 viewsScoobyWho

I don't think he will be charged, he may well be asked to explain what he said, but charges are unlikely.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Monk Punishment on 17:50 - Oct 23 with 428 viewsDewi1jack

Thought normally people got a time limit to put their case to the FA, like 48 or 72 hours, after being charged with an offence.
Maybe the FA think Stoke RFC are cheating bastards as well

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024