Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. 06:15 - Oct 22 with 6118 viewsNOTRAC

I hate to say it but it does look as though Cardiff have come up trumps in their appointment of Russell Slade as their new manager.
Almost unheard of before his appointment it was surprising to realise that he had been a manager,and a relatively successful one at that,in the lower leagues for such a long time.
They appear to have a manager who is obviously not a big name, and also is not an egotist on a self look at me crusade
He has not brought in any of his own staff or players,but has immediately made an impact through his organisational skills and experience enabling Cardiff to beat two top teams in Notts Forest and Ipswich.
I know it is early days but there is obviously a lesson here for many clubs, that there are probably many men in the lower divisions who are as good as the big celebrity name managers.All they need is the opportunity.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 07:24 - Oct 22 with 3281 viewsJethroJack

By (correctly) including the comment "I know it is early days" you've made the rest of what you say completely pointless. Surely, after just 2 games, it's far too early to say anything about any new manager at any club? In fact, it's often the case that a change of manager does have an immediate positive impact which then wears off! Let's see what happens to the "Turds" after (say) 15 games.
Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 08:02 - Oct 22 with 3214 viewsQuakerJack

Whether they have or haven't will all be irrelevant once Tan starts meddling. He can't resist

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 08:13 - Oct 22 with 3185 viewsNOTRAC

You say that after two games it's far too early,and I agree with you up to a point.
But wasn't Gary Monks future determined after one game, against Cardiff.
The initial impact and impressions usually are the best.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 08:43 - Oct 22 with 3120 views_

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 08:13 - Oct 22 by NOTRAC

You say that after two games it's far too early,and I agree with you up to a point.

20 years a manager and not a single one of them outside the bottom two divisions.

Don't you think he would have gone somewhere by now if he was all that cop? Do the math.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 08:59 - Oct 22 with 3084 viewsshandyjack

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 08:13 - Oct 22 by NOTRAC

Monk's future was determined even before ML was sacked, he was always going to be our manager and some point

Poll: Expectation for the season

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 09:08 - Oct 22 with 3069 viewsLeonisGod

I wouldn't read too much into last night's result. Cardiff were shoite and Ipswich were shoitier.

He's a sensible choice though and might just bring them some much-needed stability if that megalomaniac leaves him alone. I thought it could well be a good appointment for them and much less of a risk than going down another Ole route.
Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 09:34 - Oct 22 with 3030 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Garry Monk's future, like all managers' futures depends on how well he does this season. You're only as good as your last game has always been the mantra ( )

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 09:41 - Oct 22 with 3013 viewsdickythorpe

Slade must be pinching himself. Tan has got a puppet there, a real "yes" man.
Slade is nowhere near as talented as Milky, but may just tow the line better.
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 09:48 - Oct 22 with 3000 viewsreddythered

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 09:08 - Oct 22 by LeonisGod

I wouldn't read too much into last night's result. Cardiff were shoite and Ipswich were shoitier.

He's a sensible choice though and might just bring them some much-needed stability if that megalomaniac leaves him alone. I thought it could well be a good appointment for them and much less of a risk than going down another Ole route.

Just as we were shoite against Forest and Forest were shoitier.

I'm sensing a pattern here.

Of course it's too early to conclusively says he was a great choice. All I can comment on is the performances. We're playing as a team rather than individuals, playing some nice passing stuff with purpose. Result wise Forest are going to be up there, a few weeks ago we'd have lost it. Goal down again Ipswich ( and their goal was pretty good ). A few weeks ago, heads would have dropped.

People claimed 4-4-2 is dead, can't be used, overrun in midfield with Whitts in there. What we've seen so far is what I thought based upon Slade's record. Well organised, improving the fitness, getting the best out of players.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 09:54 - Oct 22 with 2990 viewsreddythered

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 09:41 - Oct 22 by dickythorpe

Ah, the old "Tan makes team selections" type mantra. That claim stemmed from Anus' message board.

I'd disagree on Slade and Milky. Slade has predominently worked with little money; got the best of of existing players, aiming for attacking play.

Milky on the other hand has had money. Signings had been iffy at times. Effectively was telling the players they weren't good enough by the tactics adopted last season.

Biggest example of the difference between the two for me is Whitts. Has been out of sorts the last season and a half; Milky and Ole had him as a deep central midfielder, almost a defensive midfielder in a three man central midfield. Slade has him as part of a two with Gunnarsson, looks like he's getting back to his best.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 10:09 - Oct 22 with 2965 viewsLeonisGod

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 09:48 - Oct 22 by reddythered

Of course it's too early to conclusively says he was a great choice. All I can comment on is the performances. We're playing as a team rather than individuals, playing some nice passing stuff with purpose. Result wise Forest are going to be up there, a few weeks ago we'd have lost it. Goal down again Ipswich ( and their goal was pretty good ). A few weeks ago, heads would have dropped.

People claimed 4-4-2 is dead, can't be used, overrun in midfield with Whitts in there. What we've seen so far is what I thought based upon Slade's record. Well organised, improving the fitness, getting the best out of players.

I'm not having a go because of our rivalry at all (and I didn't see the Forest match). But did you really think you were good last night? First half you were dire. Second half you were gifted 2 bizarre goals, and only forced their keeper into 1(?) save from a long-range drive. You took better control of the midfield in the second half though, so it was definitely a deserved win. But the football wasn't anything special. Small patches were ok with some good teamwork as you say, but there were a very high number of individual errors - overhit passes, mis-controls, etc. The game was slow and players on both sides wanted so much time on the ball it was untrue. The ball seemed to spend a lot of time aimlessly up in the air too (more from Ipswich, granted). It wasn't good to watch, especially with the complete lack of atmosphere. Maybe that's the difference between the Prem and the Championship and we've forgotten what it is like down there .

Individual quality was the difference at the end of the day - Noone caused Ipswich problems every time he got on the ball and went past players for fun. Whittingham's strike was sublime (as was Murphey's for Ipswich).

You'll do well with Slade though as you do have quality in the side and just need that organisation.

And it's the only stand I've ever been rained on when being near the back
Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 10:31 - Oct 22 with 2912 viewsreddythered

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 10:09 - Oct 22 by LeonisGod

I'm not having a go because of our rivalry at all (and I didn't see the Forest match). But did you really think you were good last night? First half you were dire. Second half you were gifted 2 bizarre goals, and only forced their keeper into 1(?) save from a long-range drive. You took better control of the midfield in the second half though, so it was definitely a deserved win. But the football wasn't anything special. Small patches were ok with some good teamwork as you say, but there were a very high number of individual errors - overhit passes, mis-controls, etc. The game was slow and players on both sides wanted so much time on the ball it was untrue. The ball seemed to spend a lot of time aimlessly up in the air too (more from Ipswich, granted). It wasn't good to watch, especially with the complete lack of atmosphere. Maybe that's the difference between the Prem and the Championship and we've forgotten what it is like down there .

Individual quality was the difference at the end of the day - Noone caused Ipswich problems every time he got on the ball and went past players for fun. Whittingham's strike was sublime (as was Murphey's for Ipswich).

You'll do well with Slade though as you do have quality in the side and just need that organisation.

And it's the only stand I've ever been rained on when being near the back

Early days though. Things aren't going to click and be perfect all at once, there's a lot of work for Slade to be done.

Forest and this were our two best performances as a team playing passing football over the last few seasons; we're going from the one up front pack midfield to 4-4-2. Le Fondre and Macheda are seeming to gel. Can't remember the last time we had two strikers score in the same game.

The team are working better together, working for each other and we're looking more potent going forward.

I'd agree, Slade is the best man to bring the quality out. For the first two games where players have been away on international duty, I think Slade has done a great job. The belief, confidence, swagger seems to be coming back to the side. Interesting days ahead.

One thing that isn't necessarily as obvious is that Slade seems to be developing a core squad. Can't see many changes being made to starting lineups That continuity should help. Also think his view appears to be "this is our formation, this is our lineup, let the opposition worry about us rather than the other way around".

IMO, if Slade can continue this progress I think a fair few teams will be kicking themselves at employing the likes of Ince rather than taking a punt on a manager from lower divisions.

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 11:09 - Oct 22 with 2865 viewsmonmouth

Cardiff were always going to be in the mix in my view, as soon as they appointed anyone who is not a complete idiot. They've spent too much money not to have a shout if they get themselves organised. There is generally a new manager bounce, interesting to see what happens over the next few months. If I was a betting man, I'd bet on them doing ok for a while but tailing off, maybe into the playoffs. Still plenty of time to storm the league of course, which is why I was failing to understand the 'cardiff can still get promoted says Slade' type sh1t. Well of course they can you numpty.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 11:20 - Oct 22 with 2845 viewsjacksinceever

We showed that with Jackett, Martinez & Rodgers. Hopefully Monk will continue that trend and show that small clubs like us and Cardiff can do well with lesser known or untried managers.
Slade is very astute - although how Orient almost showed him the door, only for him to seemingly be working well at Cardiff is odd.
Best of luck to him anyway - a genuine football manager of the old school
Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 11:22 - Oct 22 with 2842 viewsjacksinceever

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 09:41 - Oct 22 by dickythorpe

Slade's no puppet. Tan will find that out if he starts his antics
Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 12:08 - Oct 22 with 2771 views_

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 09:48 - Oct 22 by reddythered

How totally embarrassing coming on here with those comments after 180 minutes of football you clown.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 12:11]

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 12:45 - Oct 22 with 2705 viewsJoshTheJack

Two home games aswell.There's no doubt they'll improve but to say they've come up trumps at this stage way too early. Once teams get used to the way they play we'll start to see a decline again hopefully.
Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 13:42 - Oct 22 with 2620 viewsmonmouth

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 12:08 - Oct 22 by _

How totally embarrassing coming on here with those comments after 180 minutes of football you clown.

A bit harsh but very likeable.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 13:52 - Oct 22 with 2598 viewsswancity

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 12:08 - Oct 22 by _

Reddythered is completely clueless. He was the clitoris who was only recently telling the world that Solksjaer was the best manager in the country.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 14:09 - Oct 22 with 2564 viewsGlyn1

Reddy didn't start this thread about Cardiff and he's got as much right to respond to it as you and I have.

And I don't remember him saying that Solsjaer was a great manager either.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 14:10]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 15:13 - Oct 22 with 2499 views_

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 14:09 - Oct 22 by Glyn1

Reddy didn't start this thread about Cardiff and he's got as much right to respond to it as you and I have.

And I don't remember him saying that Solsjaer was a great manager either.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 14:10]

Well who gives a fack what you can remember?

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 15:26 - Oct 22 with 2491 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Almost unheard of before his appointment it was surprising to realise that he had been a manager,and a relatively successful one at that,in the lower leagues for such a long time.

You don't remember some pretty epic battles against his Yeovil team?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 15:45 - Oct 22 with 2462 viewsGlyn1

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 15:13 - Oct 22 by _

Well who gives a fack what you can remember?

You don't remember it either. Which confirms that it didn't happen.

But we both do remember you often talking sh*te.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 15:46]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 15:50 - Oct 22 with 2449 views_

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 15:45 - Oct 22 by Glyn1

You don't remember it either. Which confirms that it didn't happen.

But we both do remember you often talking sh*te.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 15:46]

Of course he came on here spouting his usual "best fan in the world" bollocks about Solsjkaer, Mackay and every other vvanker they've had in charge, mate...

What I meant was who cares whether Glyndwr can remember....?! Kapiche?

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 15:50 - Oct 22 with 2454 viewsDewi1jack

Cardiff appear to have got the right man in Russell Slade. on 15:26 - Oct 22 by NeiltheTaylor

You don't remember some pretty epic battles against his Yeovil team?

This.
Seem to remember every game being won by the odd goal.
First time I saw Brenda watching us, waiting to take over after a pre season game.
The look on the coppers face when he asked me in the beer tent, if we'd be bringing 20 or 30 fans down and I said there's at least 1 official bus coming down, on top of all the cars and minibuses already in their car park and in the town.
Slade won't take any sh1te off the players and I seem to remember him having run ins with many club directors.
Judge him after 10 games.
Hopefully the new manager syndrome has worn off by then and our lower league cousins are heading towards L1 at a rapid rate of Knots.

Reddy. Seriously? Fitness issues with the starting team 13 games into the season?
Cracking pre season and management under your previous loser, sorry, manager.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024