Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amat 12:12 - Oct 22 with 2244 viewsscottishjack

We have missed him haven't we?
Amat on 12:15 - Oct 22 with 1522 viewsDyfnant

Not sure about that but we certainly have missed the goal threats of Chico at set pieces and Ben cutting in

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Amat on 12:18 - Oct 22 with 1511 viewsPegojack

Yes, we have. In the pre match debate in the pub on Sunday, I stood up for Fernandez and said he was looking OK so far, but my mate shook his head and said he was worried we'd bought a dud. He said he'd seen things which worried him!

I didn't know what he was talking about, but I have to say the lad then went and had a shocker. I lost count of the number of times he came out of defence with the ball and then lost it with all sorts of passes, some short to feet and others of the 'hit and hope' variety in the air. He's got to cut that out, and fast. You can't afford to continually lose possession in the Premier League, you will be punished mercilessly.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 12:18]
Amat on 12:22 - Oct 22 with 1492 viewsscottishjack

Results before Amat got injured, 4 wins, (1 goal conceded, at Old Trafford) he goes off at half time at Stamford bridge with the score at 1-1, and since then...?
Amat on 12:53 - Oct 22 with 1419 viewsJoshTheJack

I think Fernandez has been decent good pass on him strong decent in the air but for me dives into tackles way too much. I think Amat having more experience in the PL shows him to be the better player at this stage.
Amat on 13:10 - Oct 22 with 1380 viewsEdmundo

I know, our options are pretty limited in that position, we need Amat and Barkley both back in contention and fighting for a starting spot.

In the next window hope we look at some options at Rb/Lb

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Amat on 13:31 - Oct 22 with 1333 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I gave an early assessment of Fernando after his first game against Rotherham.

As usual I was slaughtered for my comments yet here we are, 22nd October and he is still putting in the same questionble performances now as he did back in his debut.

His distribution is appalling and his decision making regarding whether to intercept / tackle or not is difficult to watch.

On current evidence we've been mugged although I'm sure he didn't gain his current reputation out of nothing. There's likely a decent centre back in there somewhere, hopefully we see it soon.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Amat on 13:36 - Oct 22 with 1328 viewsLeonisGod

Amat on 12:15 - Oct 22 by Dyfnant

Not sure about that but we certainly have missed the goal threats of Chico at set pieces and Ben cutting in

Chico - goal threats? Not very threatening tbh. Agreed regarding Ben, although his first season was by far his best.
Amat on 13:46 - Oct 22 with 1315 viewsSpratty

Amat on 13:10 - Oct 22 by Edmundo

I know, our options are pretty limited in that position, we need Amat and Barkley both back in contention and fighting for a starting spot.

In the next window hope we look at some options at Rb/Lb

Is Bartley out injured?

Didn't know I was suggesting him for Stoke game
Login to get fewer ads

Amat on 13:49 - Oct 22 with 1305 viewsperchrockjack

our shortcomings are at full back. IMO

Fernandez seems to do ok for the World Finalists but is nevertheless a dud ; so boil by brains on that one.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Amat on 13:55 - Oct 22 with 1286 viewsscottishjack

Amat on 13:49 - Oct 22 by perchrockjack

Fernandez seems to do ok for the World Finalists but is nevertheless a dud ; so boil by brains on that one.

I think Fernandez will get there and be a big asset for us eventually, but given that he was away at the world cup till the final, then adjusting to a new country, new club, different league... Amat was already up to speed and our results have gone downhill since Amat was injured.

Maybe our plan to integrate Fernandez little by little went out the window when Amat got injured.
Amat on 13:55 - Oct 22 with 1277 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Amat on 13:49 - Oct 22 by perchrockjack

His performances for his national team are certainly not being replicated in the Premier League.

He also wasn't replicating them very well at Napoli hence why Benitez did his best to get rid in 2013 and was finally successful this Summer.

Amat on 13:56 - Oct 22 with 1281 viewsSpratty

Amat on 13:36 - Oct 22 by LeonisGod

Chico - goal threats? Not very threatening tbh. Agreed regarding Ben, although his first season was by far his best.

Chico has excellent forward play for his role - an important plus he brought to us

He also earned us our first PL result away at Stoke didn't he and knocked one in at Anfield as a couple of examples off the top of my head of actual goals
Amat on 14:03 - Oct 22 with 1263 viewsperchrockjack

again, very good points. THIS IS WHAT THIS FORUM IS ABOUT so thanks chums..

Just hope the thread keeps on going in this vein

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Amat on 14:17 - Oct 22 with 1237 viewsGlyn1

Has our Fabianski come to an end yet? Surely he was at fault for the 2nd Stoke goal?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Amat on 14:18 - Oct 22 with 1226 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Amat on 14:17 - Oct 22 by Glyn1

Has our Fabianski come to an end yet? Surely he was at fault for the 2nd Stoke goal?

He should have saved it I agree. I think he thought it was going wide. That's his first mistake all season though so I'm not going to criticise him for a solitary mistake.

I only constructively criticise continued mistakes and poor performances.

Amat on 14:51 - Oct 22 with 1181 viewsLeonisGod

Amat on 13:56 - Oct 22 by Spratty

Chico has excellent forward play for his role - an important plus he brought to us

He also earned us our first PL result away at Stoke didn't he and knocked one in at Anfield as a couple of examples off the top of my head of actual goals

I disagree, but hey ho. You've listed his only 2 goals I believe, he was pretty much on a par with Ash in that aspect. i.e. poor as far as goal-scoring CHs go.
Amat on 14:54 - Oct 22 with 1178 viewsMrSwan

Of course we have missed him in my opinion he is going to be one of the next 1st choice centre half's in an ageing Spain team we need to secure him on a new contract but in the future i can see him playing for a top team.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Amat on 14:57 - Oct 22 with 1165 viewsLeonisGod

Amat on 14:54 - Oct 22 by MrSwan

Of course we have missed him in my opinion he is going to be one of the next 1st choice centre half's in an ageing Spain team we need to secure him on a new contract but in the future i can see him playing for a top team.

I'm glad to see him getting the recognition he deserves. He was a bright spark in the final weeks of Laudrup's time here. A lovely cultured CH who is also learning to put himself about under the guidance of Ash. But of course Ash isn't up to leading and organising according to some.
Amat on 15:05 - Oct 22 with 1151 views_

Amat on 12:18 - Oct 22 by Pegojack

Yes, we have. In the pre match debate in the pub on Sunday, I stood up for Fernandez and said he was looking OK so far, but my mate shook his head and said he was worried we'd bought a dud. He said he'd seen things which worried him!

I didn't know what he was talking about, but I have to say the lad then went and had a shocker. I lost count of the number of times he came out of defence with the ball and then lost it with all sorts of passes, some short to feet and others of the 'hit and hope' variety in the air. He's got to cut that out, and fast. You can't afford to continually lose possession in the Premier League, you will be punished mercilessly.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 12:18]

I think that's a tad unfair Mike to be honest. I know the period of the game you are talking about and it was noticeable in the second half, but that doesn't tell its story imo.

Stoke were tight up against our full backs as they know we want to play out from the back like this so it was left to Ash or Fede to do something else. I can remember one of Ash's now going straight into the away end - at least Fede was trying to force the ball forward into decent areas. And bearing in mind also these areas had big gaps with our changes made. Bony also made some passes look worse.

I wouldn't worry about his passing. It's a difficult task when the oppo is lined up well in front of you to pick someone out and he was trying his best to keep a high tempo due to being behind.

I'd like to watch their second goal again though to try and evaluate why he left the back line and was stranded in no mans land when the cross came over. Any ideas?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Amat on 15:14 - Oct 22 with 1131 viewsLeonisGod

Amat on 15:05 - Oct 22 by _

I think that's a tad unfair Mike to be honest. I know the period of the game you are talking about and it was noticeable in the second half, but that doesn't tell its story imo.

Stoke were tight up against our full backs as they know we want to play out from the back like this so it was left to Ash or Fede to do something else. I can remember one of Ash's now going straight into the away end - at least Fede was trying to force the ball forward into decent areas. And bearing in mind also these areas had big gaps with our changes made. Bony also made some passes look worse.

I wouldn't worry about his passing. It's a difficult task when the oppo is lined up well in front of you to pick someone out and he was trying his best to keep a high tempo due to being behind.

I'd like to watch their second goal again though to try and evaluate why he left the back line and was stranded in no mans land when the cross came over. Any ideas?

Agreed. I've seen this said about Fed a few times now and I'm not sure where it comes from. He does try some longer balls such as those you're talking about here, normally into Bony, some of which don't come off and I guess it is those people are picking up on. But his pass completion rate is as good (slightly better) than Ash's, and up near 90%.

There's no flash in him and eye-catching last ditch tackles, which is probably why he's not a favourite in the way Chico was. But there doesn't need to be - his reading of the game is generally better than Chico's imo. And he's also not a liability in the way Chico was.
Amat on 15:41 - Oct 22 with 1097 viewsskippyjack

Fede thinks he's the part..
Amat tries to be the part..

Amat was like a man possessed.. he wanted it.. the back 4 are like strangers.. it needs to be a tight unit.. if they want to be like Atletico.. they need to fight for one another.. a tight unit.. look at Diego Costa and Filipe Luis.. they've got that fight..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Amat on 15:45 - Oct 22 with 1088 viewsSpratty

Amat on 14:51 - Oct 22 by LeonisGod

I disagree, but hey ho. You've listed his only 2 goals I believe, he was pretty much on a par with Ash in that aspect. i.e. poor as far as goal-scoring CHs go.

Everyone entitled to their opinion - but I think you will find you are incorrect about those being Chico's only goals. Plus in addition at least one (possibly 2?) I remember we thought he had scored but was ruled an own goal.

My point re Chico was he had some lovey forward play for someone in his position - which I agree contributed significantly to our goal threat.
Amat on 15:55 - Oct 22 with 1067 viewsSpratty

Amat on 14:57 - Oct 22 by LeonisGod

I'm glad to see him getting the recognition he deserves. He was a bright spark in the final weeks of Laudrup's time here. A lovely cultured CH who is also learning to put himself about under the guidance of Ash. But of course Ash isn't up to leading and organising according to some.

Nothing to do with Chico's obvious innate talent and stylish play then

I actually thought Monk was a better leader on the pitch than Ash and he certainly took Ash under his wing. Ash can sulk and shout at others for his own mistakes. That does not detract from his importance as a player for us.

I generally though Ash and Chico played well together. I don't know if Ash used to get a bit fed up that the East bank sang Chico's name so much.
Amat on 16:01 - Oct 22 with 1059 viewsDyfnant

Amat on 13:36 - Oct 22 by LeonisGod

As well as Anfield away and that sunderland game at the Liberty, there were a number of own goals scored in our favour directly due to chico's presence in the oppositions box. Ashley's Williams offers about the same threat in an attacking sense as Leon Britton blindfolded, he needs to stick to what he's good at and steer clear of the oppositions 18 yard box

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Amat on 16:02 - Oct 22 with 1051 views_

Amat on 16:01 - Oct 22 by Dyfnant

As well as Anfield away and that sunderland game at the Liberty, there were a number of own goals scored in our favour directly due to chico's presence in the oppositions box. Ashley's Williams offers about the same threat in an attacking sense as Leon Britton blindfolded, he needs to stick to what he's good at and steer clear of the oppositions 18 yard box

I think LeonGod is attempting to re-write his own little history today...

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024