Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amat 12:12 - Oct 22 with 2242 viewsscottishjack

We have missed him haven't we?
Amat on 16:14 - Oct 22 with 730 viewsLeonisGod

Amat on 16:02 - Oct 22 by _

I think LeonGod is attempting to re-write his own little history today...

Nope, just reporting facts. 9 goals in his career, including 3 with us (2 league, 1 cup) over 2 years does not make him Ronald Koeman.

He was a good player at times, and personally I thought we saw the best of him more consistently under Garry.
Amat on 16:19 - Oct 22 with 722 viewsDewi1jack

Amat on 13:56 - Oct 22 by Spratty

Chico has excellent forward play for his role - an important plus he brought to us

He also earned us our first PL result away at Stoke didn't he and knocked one in at Anfield as a couple of examples off the top of my head of actual goals

Wolves was our 1st away result in the PL. A draw when we should have won. Vangelis Maras came on if I remember right. Think that was his only appearance.
Villa was our first win away. Routs 1st goal in the PL
And Chico hadn't even signed for us then

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Amat on 16:21 - Oct 22 with 721 views_

Amat on 16:14 - Oct 22 by LeonisGod

Nope, just reporting facts. 9 goals in his career, including 3 with us (2 league, 1 cup) over 2 years does not make him Ronald Koeman.

He was a good player at times, and personally I thought we saw the best of him more consistently under Garry.

So he scored 3 more than Ash did in that time then? And there was one clear cut "own goal" we scored purely down to him and i'm sure a few more also. He was also great to let loose at the end of games if we were losing.

The boy's a good un and certainly was for us.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Amat on 16:40 - Oct 22 with 704 viewsLeonisGod

Amat on 16:21 - Oct 22 by _

So he scored 3 more than Ash did in that time then? And there was one clear cut "own goal" we scored purely down to him and i'm sure a few more also. He was also great to let loose at the end of games if we were losing.

The boy's a good un and certainly was for us.

He was a good un, agreed.
Amat on 16:44 - Oct 22 with 697 viewsSpratty

Amat on 16:14 - Oct 22 by LeonisGod

3, good you agree now that the 2 I mentioned were not the only 2 as you previously suggested excellent

Also the goals he directly created by being up front and the great contribution his forward play gave to our goal threat - so altogether a great contribution or as Monk said he was magnificent.

To me his talent was not goal scoring - although that was a bonus. It was his excellent forward play that freed up other players to attack further forward.

None of that detracts from our current team. It is obvious we would look back to skills we liked in our previous players but they are not here and possibly not likely to be again. We know we have great quality in our team and we just need to bring it together so that we can maintain it throughout the game.
Amat on 16:56 - Oct 22 with 684 viewsscottishjack

So I guess the club read this site quite regularly?

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/fernandez-plp-2033683.aspx?
Amat on 17:24 - Oct 22 with 654 viewsskippyjack

Amat on 16:56 - Oct 22 by scottishjack

So I guess the club read this site quite regularly?

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/fernandez-plp-2033683.aspx?

Rangel in the paper giving It the big one.. now they're all giving It the big one.. saying everything is fantastic.. it's clearly not though.. 5 games.. no wins.. blaming the refs.. blaming other teams for beating them.. everything isn't fair.. they're probably right.. but it doesn't mean you can't win.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Amat on 19:47 - Oct 22 with 596 viewsSwansNZ

Amat at the start of the season showed what a good/solid player he is.
I thought Fernandez played quite well at Stoke, certainly no worse than Ash.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Login to get fewer ads

Amat on 19:53 - Oct 22 with 587 viewsSwansNZ

Amat on 13:10 - Oct 22 by Edmundo

I know, our options are pretty limited in that position, we need Amat and Barkley both back in contention and fighting for a starting spot.

In the next window hope we look at some options at Rb/Lb

Bartley has been on the bench for the last month.

Agree, it’s the full backups we need cover/replacements for, we are well stocked in the CH position.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Amat on 21:09 - Oct 22 with 548 viewsswanduck

Amat on 13:31 - Oct 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I gave an early assessment of Fernando after his first game against Rotherham.

As usual I was slaughtered for my comments yet here we are, 22nd October and he is still putting in the same questionble performances now as he did back in his debut.

His distribution is appalling and his decision making regarding whether to intercept / tackle or not is difficult to watch.

On current evidence we've been mugged although I'm sure he didn't gain his current reputation out of nothing. There's likely a decent centre back in there somewhere, hopefully we see it soon.

Why do you keep on calling him Fernando? He's called Fernandez no Fernando in there.
Amat on 21:30 - Oct 22 with 534 viewswaynekerr55

Amat on 15:05 - Oct 22 by _

I think that's a tad unfair Mike to be honest. I know the period of the game you are talking about and it was noticeable in the second half, but that doesn't tell its story imo.

Stoke were tight up against our full backs as they know we want to play out from the back like this so it was left to Ash or Fede to do something else. I can remember one of Ash's now going straight into the away end - at least Fede was trying to force the ball forward into decent areas. And bearing in mind also these areas had big gaps with our changes made. Bony also made some passes look worse.

I wouldn't worry about his passing. It's a difficult task when the oppo is lined up well in front of you to pick someone out and he was trying his best to keep a high tempo due to being behind.

I'd like to watch their second goal again though to try and evaluate why he left the back line and was stranded in no mans land when the cross came over. Any ideas?

Probably thinking of his next carefully worded statement via Jamie Morallee informing us that he'll ask for a transfer if he doesn't get a statue outside the ground.

Sorry I just couldn't resist, for someone who did quite a lot of talking about how good a full back he is, he's certainly not walking the walk

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Amat on 22:39 - Oct 22 with 502 viewsDavillin

Amat on 12:22 - Oct 22 by scottishjack

Results before Amat got injured, 4 wins, (1 goal conceded, at Old Trafford) he goes off at half time at Stamford bridge with the score at 1-1, and since then...?

From a different viewpoint:

League games only

Amat: Played three and a half games: 3 wins, 1 loss [at Chelsea, the half-game]; combined scores: Swansea 6-1 Opponents; Points: 9 from 3.5 games — 2.57 ppg.

Fernandez: Played four and a half games: 3 losses, 2 draws, [one of the loses was in the one-half game, at Chelsea]; combined scores: Swansea 5-9 Opponents; Points: 2 from 4.5 games = 0.44 ppg.

That said, I think Fernandez has been doing a workmanlike job overall. He's no slug.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Amat on 05:12 - Oct 23 with 450 viewsdameedna

Without a shadow of doubt
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024