Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chico Flores 14:57 - Oct 22 with 1701 viewsMrSwan

We once wanted him gone and now he has gone do we miss him?

I miss his forward runs from defence in an attempt to get a goal.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Chico Flores on 14:59 - Oct 22 with 1136 views_

One of the best centre backs we have ever had, occasional rash decision and crazy antics to boot. A seriously great player and as committed as i've seen.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Chico Flores on 15:02 - Oct 22 with 1132 viewsMrSwan

Chico Flores on 14:59 - Oct 22 by _

One of the best centre backs we have ever had, occasional rash decision and crazy antics to boot. A seriously great player and as committed as i've seen.

He was very exciting and he instantly fell in love with the everything about Swansea, the city the fans everything and he clearly still does it is a shame and I am always keeping hope that he will one day return.

Chico Flores on 15:12 - Oct 22 with 1100 viewsscottishjack

I was gutted that he left, the funny thing was that when he went on tour to the USA pre-season I assumed he would be staying. Never really read that much into whether he wanted to leave or if he was nudged.

Certainly a character, probably end up as one of our cult heroes one day!
Chico Flores on 15:16 - Oct 22 with 1097 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Liked him when he wasn't rolling around like a minge embarrassing everyone.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Chico Flores on 15:34 - Oct 22 with 1057 viewsSpratty

Still supporting us bless

Chico Flores @ChicoFlores12 · Oct 20
Walters speaks less and learn to play football, you're very wrong.

Even though it is like getting a reference from Herrod for that nursery job

Got up his Stoke goal on twitter and Monk's interview where he said:
Chico was an absolute warrior, man of the match by a million miles, just shows what a good player he is. Just before he went Monk said he had been magnificent for him.

Although it was intimated by a poster here he was only liked because he was flashy, when I said I would have liked to have seen him at Stoke, I bet Garry agreed with me and probably not because of his fake fur coat.

Love Chico - genuine Swansea through and through
Chico Flores on 15:39 - Oct 22 with 1042 viewsLeonisGod

Chico Flores on 15:34 - Oct 22 by Spratty

Still supporting us bless

Chico Flores @ChicoFlores12 · Oct 20
Walters speaks less and learn to play football, you're very wrong.

Even though it is like getting a reference from Herrod for that nursery job

Got up his Stoke goal on twitter and Monk's interview where he said:
Chico was an absolute warrior, man of the match by a million miles, just shows what a good player he is. Just before he went Monk said he had been magnificent for him.

Although it was intimated by a poster here he was only liked because he was flashy, when I said I would have liked to have seen him at Stoke, I bet Garry agreed with me and probably not because of his fake fur coat.

Love Chico - genuine Swansea through and through

The real deal Chico was a great player, and his performances under Monk were the best he gave us (who'd have thought it give how crap Monk is eh? ). But we didn't see the good version of Chico often enough. People have short memories, but you could look through this forum's archives and 6-7 months ago and the feelings were very different.

Everyone seems to have forgotten about him exposing us because he was charging up the pitch like a headless chicken, being caught square too often and wiping out opponents, etc...
Chico Flores on 15:49 - Oct 22 with 1019 viewsMrSwerve

Didn't he leave us for some Middle-Eastern cash? If he wanted to stay here, he was more than welcome to.

Scott Sinclair left for money, did far more for us than Chico, and is generally disliked. I don't get it.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Chico Flores on 15:57 - Oct 22 with 1002 views_

Chico Flores on 15:39 - Oct 22 by LeonisGod

The real deal Chico was a great player, and his performances under Monk were the best he gave us (who'd have thought it give how crap Monk is eh? ). But we didn't see the good version of Chico often enough. People have short memories, but you could look through this forum's archives and 6-7 months ago and the feelings were very different.

Everyone seems to have forgotten about him exposing us because he was charging up the pitch like a headless chicken, being caught square too often and wiping out opponents, etc...

What?????!!!!?!?!? His best performances were under Monk??!

That's just utter rubbish. No offence but you can't just throw lines like that out.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Login to get fewer ads

Chico Flores on 15:58 - Oct 22 with 997 viewsjack247

Great player when he was on his A game. His reading of the game and ability to pull off a little trick and flummox attackers was brilliant.

He was a big liability as well though. Not just disciplinary wise, he would often make rash tackles or get caught out of position.

He wasn't Swansea through and through either, he was just a passionate player much like Savage and Bellamy were. He committed career suicide by moving to Qatar, anyone who does that at his stage of his career is putting money before his current club or furthering himself. Nothing wrong with that, but strange people see him as some kind of Swansea antihero.
Chico Flores on 16:00 - Oct 22 with 992 viewsMrSwan

This is a case of 'You don't know what you have until its gone'

Chico Flores on 16:03 - Oct 22 with 975 viewsDewi1jack

Liked Chico a lot, but hated the uncertainty all game as to whether he would get his tackles right or not.
Prior to the start of a game there was always the doubt if he was going to have a good game or be a liability.
It appears he could have stayed from what GM said, but chose to run after the cash, rather than stay and fight for his place.
SS did the same and got crucified by some. Some are the same ones that seem to be defending Chico for doing the same
Or did he know that he had little chance and would be behind Jordi and FF?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Chico Flores on 16:09 - Oct 22 with 964 viewsDyfnant

Chico Flores on 16:03 - Oct 22 by Dewi1jack

Liked Chico a lot, but hated the uncertainty all game as to whether he would get his tackles right or not.
Prior to the start of a game there was always the doubt if he was going to have a good game or be a liability.
It appears he could have stayed from what GM said, but chose to run after the cash, rather than stay and fight for his place.
SS did the same and got crucified by some. Some are the same ones that seem to be defending Chico for doing the same
Or did he know that he had little chance and would be behind Jordi and FF?

Sinclair was 22 wasn't he? A lot more understandable at Chico's age, likely trebled his take home pay.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Chico Flores on 16:11 - Oct 22 with 956 viewsSpratty

Chico Flores on 15:49 - Oct 22 by MrSwerve

Didn't he leave us for some Middle-Eastern cash? If he wanted to stay here, he was more than welcome to.

Scott Sinclair left for money, did far more for us than Chico, and is generally disliked. I don't get it.

Yet we would all more than understand if Bony moved on.

I don't dislike Scotty, I am sorry he seems to have made a poor decision but he was vital to our progression and I know many feel the same.

Chico acted totally professionally as an employee of our club (as Monk said he was magnificent for him) but for his own reasons decided he wanted to go and play for Laudrup. Could be totally or partially money related and who could blame him. But remember all that went on before. Like Pablo (who Monk wanted to put at the centre of his team), Michu (who Monk wanted to stay), JDG (who Monk stated he wanted).

Why did they all decide to go to other clubs - their decision and Monk chose to let them go as he did not want players who preferred to move on. Seems fair enough to me. Does not mean we do not miss their talents - nor that in a different scenario they could still be here.
Chico Flores on 16:18 - Oct 22 with 936 viewsblaine_scfc

Chico Flores was quality, especially for the price we paid for him. Should never have been let go, am I right in saying we didn't even make a profit?! Ridiculous.

I still think Fernandez looks decent though, think some of the stick he's been having seems harsh on here, played well against Stoke, just needs a bit more time to fit in with our system, short and sharp passing etc
Chico Flores on 16:19 - Oct 22 with 931 viewsjack247

Chico Flores on 16:11 - Oct 22 by Spratty

Yet we would all more than understand if Bony moved on.

I don't dislike Scotty, I am sorry he seems to have made a poor decision but he was vital to our progression and I know many feel the same.

Chico acted totally professionally as an employee of our club (as Monk said he was magnificent for him) but for his own reasons decided he wanted to go and play for Laudrup. Could be totally or partially money related and who could blame him. But remember all that went on before. Like Pablo (who Monk wanted to put at the centre of his team), Michu (who Monk wanted to stay), JDG (who Monk stated he wanted).

Why did they all decide to go to other clubs - their decision and Monk chose to let them go as he did not want players who preferred to move on. Seems fair enough to me. Does not mean we do not miss their talents - nor that in a different scenario they could still be here.

Absolutely nothing wrong with him going to a weaker league for more money. It's a job at the end of the day.

Don't get why people see him as a 'Mr. Swansea' though.
Chico Flores on 16:23 - Oct 22 with 925 viewsSpratty

Chico Flores on 15:39 - Oct 22 by LeonisGod

love it

a. Make up a fact
b. Use it to prove your case

I think most agree Monk was very good at bringing players on on the pitch as witnessed by Ash. I certainly have always believed that.

I am sure we remember that all our players make mistakes. I recall Chico involved in our failure to defend that last minute goal that lost us our point at OT at Alex's farewell game. Think Ash may have been involved too.

I also remember Ash's repeated passbacks that cost us goal after goal hardly see that mentioned though.
Chico Flores on 16:33 - Oct 22 with 907 viewsDewi1jack

Chico Flores on 16:09 - Oct 22 by Dyfnant

Sinclair was 22 wasn't he? A lot more understandable at Chico's age, likely trebled his take home pay.

That I understand, but with an ageing Spanish squad, there was the chance of a call up.
Thought that was an ambition of Chicos.
No chance of a cap plying his trade in the Middle East.
Could have given it another go here for a year IMHO. Then moved out there.
I wish the lad every success with his career (except for if he ever plays against us)and thanks for what he's helped us with. Another player who has helped us on our journey and given us more entertainment than most.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Chico Flores on 16:39 - Oct 22 with 895 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Very good footballer , crazy facker who let himself down sometimes with stupid antics .

Do we miss him ,it's a yes from me ,although young Amat was filling his boots in admirably untill his injury.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Chico Flores on 16:39 - Oct 22 with 894 viewsLeonisGod

Chico Flores on 16:23 - Oct 22 by Spratty

love it

a. Make up a fact
b. Use it to prove your case

I think most agree Monk was very good at bringing players on on the pitch as witnessed by Ash. I certainly have always believed that.

I am sure we remember that all our players make mistakes. I recall Chico involved in our failure to defend that last minute goal that lost us our point at OT at Alex's farewell game. Think Ash may have been involved too.

I also remember Ash's repeated passbacks that cost us goal after goal hardly see that mentioned though.

They aren't facts, they're views. Which one is made up:
- that Chico was a good player?
- that we saw his better side under Monk?
- that he could be a liability?
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 16:41]
Chico Flores on 16:50 - Oct 22 with 864 viewskarnataka

Chico Flores on 16:18 - Oct 22 by blaine_scfc

Chico Flores was quality, especially for the price we paid for him. Should never have been let go, am I right in saying we didn't even make a profit?! Ridiculous.

I still think Fernandez looks decent though, think some of the stick he's been having seems harsh on here, played well against Stoke, just needs a bit more time to fit in with our system, short and sharp passing etc

Maybe soon Federico will be able to follow the Swansea mantra "Stay calm and pass to Leon". Once he's doing that and understands how we do things, he'll be fine.
Chico Flores on 17:05 - Oct 22 with 848 viewsSpratty

Chico Flores on 16:39 - Oct 22 by LeonisGod

They aren't facts, they're views. Which one is made up:
- that Chico was a good player?
- that we saw his better side under Monk?
- that he could be a liability?
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 16:41]

b.

I thought he played well under both managers, both the one that brought Chico to us as an amazing bargain and with him as a main player finished 9th (8th perhaps if we had called the ref a cheat at Brom!) won the coc and progressed us through Europe and the FA cup despite massive injuries and a mental schedule of games . This being the period when Chico was being considered for Spain.

and and the one that took his excellent team over just as it was coming back into almost full fitness and now has his own quality team with which he hopefully will achieve similar or greater glories with Fernandez and I have no doubt we all (including DYSS) will be applauding him when he does and most of us for every positive step he makes towards it.

But we will always remember Chico like Shelvey he is just one of those players that fans love.

I agree with a and c
Chico Flores on 17:31 - Oct 22 with 801 viewsDewi1jack

Coupla questions, not really off topic.
Did the club get any money for Chico? Did we make a profit?
Think we signed him for around the £2 million. Think he was worth a bit more when he left.

Chico Flores on 17:38 - Oct 22 with 791 viewsSpratty

Chico Flores on 17:31 - Oct 22 by Dewi1jack

Coupla questions, not really off topic.
Did the club get any money for Chico? Did we make a profit?
Think we signed him for around the £2 million. Think he was worth a bit more when he left.

Think he was worth a bit more when he arrived - but hope so given I imagine that club is fairly cash rich. But I suppose if we thought it best to let players go then we probably were not getting top dollar for them.
Chico Flores on 17:52 - Oct 22 with 773 viewsmonmouth

Eh? Nobody wanted him gone, including Monk.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Chico Flores on 18:01 - Oct 22 with 750 viewsLeonisGod

Chico Flores on 17:52 - Oct 22 by monmouth

Eh? Nobody wanted him gone, including Monk.

A few in this thread did. Comedy reading with PS at it's 'best'. http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/109187/page:1#.VEfi_4vF8
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024