Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester Team 15:25 - Oct 22 with 1126 viewsMrSwan

Would anyone make changes to our team from the weekend for Leicester?

Shelvey must be put back in with Ki and I am on the fence with Gylfi for Marvin.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Leicester Team on 15:51 - Oct 22 with 1108 viewsGlyn1

I'd like to see Montero and Gomis start. Bony shouldn't play in every match in a long season. Leicester are about the level of a, very good, Championship side and we've got home advantage, so we have a bit of an opportunity to try a few different things.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 15:55]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Leicester Team on 16:23 - Oct 22 with 1069 viewsjack247

Shelvey back in. Montero must be getting close but I'd be tempted to keep him on the bench for this one though.

I wouldn't consider leaving Gylfi out.
Leicester Team on 16:31 - Oct 22 with 1060 viewsscottishjack

Gylfi for Marvin?

Leicester Team on 16:41 - Oct 22 with 1042 viewsDewi1jack

JJS for TC.
Jeff for Nath.
Possibly leaving Will on the bench to attack the Leicester defence from about the 65th minute, no matter if we're winning or losing.
After they've spent the game chasing Jeff and Wayne, they're going to be knackered
Then Nath coming on, when they see Jeff going off and start to think we've lost our speed.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Leicester Team on 16:48 - Oct 22 with 1021 viewsLeonisGod

Leicester Team on 16:41 - Oct 22 by Dewi1jack

JJS for TC.
Jeff for Nath.
Possibly leaving Will on the bench to attack the Leicester defence from about the 65th minute, no matter if we're winning or losing.
After they've spent the game chasing Jeff and Wayne, they're going to be knackered
Then Nath coming on, when they see Jeff going off and start to think we've lost our speed.

The Nath/Baby Jeff thing works either way round I suppose.

But I'd like us to start with Jeff for one reason: normally by the time he comes on we've fallen apart and we're chasing the game / or hanging on and blowing through our @rses. I'd like to see him in full flow when the team is purring and there's still lots of running in us = first half. He was superb against Everton in the cup. Let's see him have a go against Leicester.
Leicester Team on 16:48 - Oct 22 with 1021 viewsmorningstar

JJS for TC.
Jeff for Nath.

Thats a very good line of thought actually. I believe Monk has always thought bring Jeff on when their knackered. It hasn't worked, so ye, bring on Jeff to knacker them out then swap him for Nath when their cooked!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Leicester Team on 16:56 - Oct 22 with 1011 viewskarnataka

Leicester Team on 16:48 - Oct 22 by morningstar

Thats a very good line of thought actually. I believe Monk has always thought bring Jeff on when their knackered. It hasn't worked, so ye, bring on Jeff to knacker them out then swap him for Nath when their cooked!

Unfortunately, when he's brought Jeff on, we're also knackered and at a point where our normal game is starting to unravel with Jeff seen as the cavalry. However, we will never see the best of Jeff unless he's playing when we're on top of our game which usually means the first 25 minutes at the moment. If he can be instrumental in us killing a game off when we're well on top, that's what we need to do as the ability to do that is clearly something that is eluding us at the moment.
Leicester Team on 17:01 - Oct 22 with 997 viewsmorningstar

Leicester Team on 16:56 - Oct 22 by karnataka

Unfortunately, when he's brought Jeff on, we're also knackered and at a point where our normal game is starting to unravel with Jeff seen as the cavalry. However, we will never see the best of Jeff unless he's playing when we're on top of our game which usually means the first 25 minutes at the moment. If he can be instrumental in us killing a game off when we're well on top, that's what we need to do as the ability to do that is clearly something that is eluding us at the moment.

of course, it's not just about him knackering anybody out or coming on when their knackered. Fundamentally, it should be about our best 11 being on the field when we are at our best, and I think that Jeff should be given the opportunity to show he is a part of that 'best 11'.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Login to get fewer ads

Leicester Team on 22:16 - Oct 22 with 857 viewsowainglyndwr

JJS for TC.
Jeff for Nath.

Good call.
Also if we are winning comfortably bring in TC for JJS and Gomes for Gylfi
Leicester Team on 22:17 - Oct 22 with 847 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Siggy for Marvin

With all due respect are you on a wind up here.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Leicester Team on 22:22 - Oct 22 with 848 viewslonglostjack

What I really don't want to see is Ash coming up for the corners against a team like Leicester who'll sit back and break out quick. We have enough firepower - no need to leave us exposed .

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Leicester Team on 22:29 - Oct 22 with 819 viewsMrSwan

Leicester Team on 22:17 - Oct 22 by oh_tommy_tommy

Siggy for Marvin

With all due respect are you on a wind up here.

I enjoyed the Emnes & Bony partnership to the end of last season it looked very effective i would like to see it again at some point.

And just to add yes Montero is a must instead of the invincible Dyer who thinks he can run through opposition players.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Leicester Team on 23:02 - Oct 22 with 785 viewsSwansNZ

Leicester Team on 22:29 - Oct 22 by MrSwan

I enjoyed the Emnes & Bony partnership to the end of last season it looked very effective i would like to see it again at some point.

And just to add yes Montero is a must instead of the invincible Dyer who thinks he can run through opposition players.

Are you DYSS in a not very good disguise?

Gylfi has been our best player, and created nearly every goal we have scored. Replace with Emnes

I’d give Montero a start in place of Dyer, and bring in Jonjo for Carroll, but keep the rest of the team the same.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Leicester Team on 23:24 - Oct 22 with 767 viewsperchrockjack

Jeff for rout ledge or dyer and send the team out with Fire in belly backed up by a baying crowd.

If we could replicate the passion, hate and pride on this site on to the pitch we d do great

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Leicester Team on 08:49 - Oct 23 with 679 viewsEdmundo

Leicester Team on 23:24 - Oct 22 by perchrockjack

Jeff for rout ledge or dyer and send the team out with Fire in belly backed up by a baying crowd.

If we could replicate the passion, hate and pride on this site on to the pitch we d do great

Play to the best of our ability and when the going gets tough, get behind the boys and drive them on to a win.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Leicester Team on 11:52 - Oct 23 with 591 viewsswanduck

Leicester Team on 23:02 - Oct 22 by SwansNZ

Are you DYSS in a not very good disguise?

Gylfi has been our best player, and created nearly every goal we have scored. Replace with Emnes

I’d give Montero a start in place of Dyer, and bring in Jonjo for Carroll, but keep the rest of the team the same.

obviously he isn't, DYSS probably thinks we're doomed regardless of the team we put out, playing yet another vastly superior team after all ;)
Leicester Team on 12:29 - Oct 23 with 556 viewsJack_y_Jwc

Leicester Team on 15:51 - Oct 22 by Glyn1

I'd like to see Montero and Gomis start. Bony shouldn't play in every match in a long season. Leicester are about the level of a, very good, Championship side and we've got home advantage, so we have a bit of an opportunity to try a few different things.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 15:55]

That's an arrogant attitude, we shouldn't underestimate anyone, especially on the run we're on. We need a win Saturday, just to calm the fans down and settle the players.

JJS back in and possibly Jeff for either of the wingers, otherwise don't change anything. Our performances haven't been too bad we just need to be more ruthless with our chances and keep our concentration in latter part of the game.

Leicester Team on 12:51 - Oct 23 with 527 viewsjackharris

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Leicester Team on 13:04 - Oct 23 with 498 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Leicester Team on 12:51 - Oct 23 by jackharris

Playing jazz behind dyer at home will nullify his game ,he's lost without Rangel.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024