Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hallow'een 16:54 - Oct 22 with 3810 viewsLord_Bony

Are you looking forward to it what do you have planned then,?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Hallow'een on 16:58 - Oct 22 with 1456 viewsunion_jack

Absolutely bloody detest it. When I was young, it was just another day. Nowadays, we've gone all American trick 'n treat. Cr@p!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Hallow'een on 16:58 - Oct 22 with 1456 viewsscottishjack

I'll be turning all the lights off and pretending nobody is here, I don't give a shit about the ships...

My lighthouse, my rules!
Hallow'een on 17:01 - Oct 22 with 1440 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm very much looking forward to it.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Hallow'een on 17:06 - Oct 22 with 1437 viewsPonderosa

Complete load of Americanised bollocks. Scrounging little f*ckers

Bring The Missus

Hallow'een on 17:07 - Oct 22 with 1431 viewsLord_Bony

I am going to dress up and have a party

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Hallow'een on 17:08 - Oct 22 with 1428 viewsApeShit

Halloween is for 10 year olds, grow up FFS!
Hallow'een on 17:10 - Oct 22 with 1416 viewsJackfath

Not a favourite night of mine. Youngsters dressing up in masks and dark clothing wandering the streets = recipe for accidents and sadly in some areas damage to peoples home and cars.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Hallow'een on 17:14 - Oct 22 with 1408 viewsSpratty

Hallow'een on 17:10 - Oct 22 by Jackfath

Not a favourite night of mine. Youngsters dressing up in masks and dark clothing wandering the streets = recipe for accidents and sadly in some areas damage to peoples home and cars.

I am going to get my Harry Potter wand out and practice turning Tom carroll into JDG

Just joking Tom
Login to get fewer ads

Hallow'een on 17:25 - Oct 22 with 1375 viewsLord_Bony

I likes this

Hallow'een on 18:08 - Oct 22 with 1334 viewsEbo

Back in the 70's and early 80's we all had swedes instead of pumpkins. You could never buy a pumpkin up the valleys. But yes,it's overboard nowadays, a lot of american traditions have embedded themselves over here. I mean - a f u c k i n g prom! What;s wrong with an end of term disco and a knee trembler behind the bike sheds!!

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Hallow'een on 18:19 - Oct 22 with 1315 viewsLeonisGod

Hallow'een on 17:08 - Oct 22 by ApeShit

This. As soon as kids start looking like teenagers that should be the end of it. Until you reach Uni and then it's another excuse to dress up like a tvvat and get slaughtered.
Hallow'een on 18:34 - Oct 22 with 1303 viewsshingle

Hallow'een on 17:08 - Oct 22 by ApeShit

Halloween is for those of us with a little imagination, but not for dour run of the mill types like yourself.
Hallow'een on 18:36 - Oct 22 with 1303 viewsunion_jack

Hallow'een on 18:08 - Oct 22 by Ebo

Back in the 70's and early 80's we all had swedes instead of pumpkins. You could never buy a pumpkin up the valleys. But yes,it's overboard nowadays, a lot of american traditions have embedded themselves over here. I mean - a f u c k i n g prom! What;s wrong with an end of term disco and a knee trembler behind the bike sheds!!

It seems the youngsters if today in the YK have lost the ability to lead and just want to jump on everything American

Totally agree about the prom. It was a disco in my days but I was never lucky enough for that other thing you mentioned

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Hallow'een on 18:43 - Oct 22 with 1292 viewsNogginthenog

Hallow'een on 17:25 - Oct 22 by Lord_Bony

I likes this

That film is cowin brilliant
Hallow'een on 18:47 - Oct 22 with 1284 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Carved some pumpkins and put them out front with electric tea lights inside, that was a couple of weeks ago though so they are getting a bit soft with fruit flies. Decorated front with corn plants too.

Will be getting some multipack sweets in for trick or treaters.

Will probably carve more pumpkins out on the weekend. I just do a jackolantern face, but you can do all kinds of fancy designs.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Hallow'een on 19:26 - Oct 22 with 1251 viewsFlashberryjack

Hallow'een on 16:58 - Oct 22 by union_jack

Absolutely bloody detest it. When I was young, it was just another day. Nowadays, we've gone all American trick 'n treat. Cr@p!

Totally agree.
Bang Bang on the door every few minutes - trick or treat. As you say "American crap"
Come Christmas, when I'm hoping to hear some traditional carol singers at the door.....silence.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Hallow'een on 19:36 - Oct 22 with 1239 viewsjackal

American sh*t. We tell our kids not to take sweets from strangers or talk to strangers and then send kids to strangers' houses to ask for sweets. Complete b*llocks!
Hallow'een on 19:52 - Oct 22 with 1221 viewsLeonisGod

Hallow'een on 19:26 - Oct 22 by Flashberryjack

Totally agree.
Bang Bang on the door every few minutes - trick or treat. As you say "American crap"
Come Christmas, when I'm hoping to hear some traditional carol singers at the door.....silence.

Sound like there's a opportunity for a PlanetSwans Christmas choral society. Or even a panto.
Hallow'een on 19:55 - Oct 22 with 1217 viewsDr_Winston

I've spent 30 years thinking we only had a swede because my old man was tighter than a ducks arse and they were cheaper than pumpkins. I guess I owe him an apology.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 19:56]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Hallow'een on 20:06 - Oct 22 with 1203 viewsGowerjack

We always spend October half term at St Ives in Cornwall .

Pumpkin carving and soup followed by several pints of Doombar at the Sloop.

Proper job!

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Hallow'een on 20:12 - Oct 22 with 1191 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I always find it strange when people dismiss Halloween as silly and what not but they all celebrate Christmas every despite most not believing in everything that Christmas stands for and represents.

They're happy to have a holiday and what not when it suits them but only if it suits them.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Hallow'een on 20:14 - Oct 22 with 1188 viewsThursday

Hallow'een on 19:55 - Oct 22 by Dr_Winston

I've spent 30 years thinking we only had a swede because my old man was tighter than a ducks arse and they were cheaper than pumpkins. I guess I owe him an apology.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 19:56]

When I was a kid, I thought that 'pumpkin' was what you called a swede after it had been hollowed out, cut, and candled.

I'm not sure about the posts on here about the Americanization. I was trick-or-treating over thirty years ago. The end of October marked the start of a good week.. Trick-or-treating and usually getting coins, then penny-for-the-guying, and ending with torching a pile of wood.
Hallow'een on 20:17 - Oct 22 with 1182 viewsThursday

What's wrong with subsequent generations not wanting to duplicate what older people did? When the 'it was better in my day' starts being thrown around, you know you're talking to a miserable old wang.
Hallow'een on 20:18 - Oct 22 with 1180 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Hallow'een on 20:14 - Oct 22 by Thursday

When I was a kid, I thought that 'pumpkin' was what you called a swede after it had been hollowed out, cut, and candled.

I'm not sure about the posts on here about the Americanization. I was trick-or-treating over thirty years ago. The end of October marked the start of a good week.. Trick-or-treating and usually getting coins, then penny-for-the-guying, and ending with torching a pile of wood.

Exactly. It's kind of sad how anti-social and depressed people seem to have become

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Hallow'een on 20:24 - Oct 22 with 1171 viewsFlashberryjack

Hallow'een on 20:12 - Oct 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I always find it strange when people dismiss Halloween as silly and what not but they all celebrate Christmas every despite most not believing in everything that Christmas stands for and represents.

They're happy to have a holiday and what not when it suits them but only if it suits them.

Christmas is a British tradition, irrespective if you're religious or not.
Halloween is an American tradition...but hey! if Halloween is for you - fill your boots.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024