Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hallow'een 16:54 - Oct 22 with 3809 viewsLord_Bony

Are you looking forward to it what do you have planned then,?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Hallow'een on 14:08 - Oct 23 with 854 viewslondonlisa2001

Hallow'een on 20:35 - Oct 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Christmas is a tradition of Christianity. It is not British tradition.

I wouldn' t call Halloween an American tradition either. Some of my first memories as a very young child were biting into floating apples in a bowl at parties.

It may not have been a tradition for older generations but it's very much a tradition of mine.

Agree re apple bobbing - we always did it.

But disagree a bit on Christmas - obviously as you say it's celebrated in all Christian countries, but the way we celebrate it here is unique (as will be the way it's celebrated in other countries). It's become intertwined with a peculiarly British was of doing it - Boxing Day for example.

In the US for example, Thanksgiving seems to be a much bigger deal than Christmas - they barely take a day off at Christmas and are always surprised by the UK effectively shutting down for the best part of a fortnight (not that they would use the term fortnight).
Hallow'een on 17:07 - Oct 23 with 804 viewsStarsky

Is no one going to the Zombie Apocolypse event in Swansea on Hallow'een evening.
In the City Centre?
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 17:08]

It's just the internet, init.

Hallow'een on 18:13 - Oct 23 with 779 viewsshingle

Hallow'een on 12:43 - Oct 23 by jackal

And you must be one of those ars*holes who can't leave people in peace.
My Dad was living on his own when he was in his nineties. He didn't know about trick or treat so he didn't have anything for them when they called. The little c*nts egged his house leaving him bewildered and upset.

Where were you, surely you must have known it was Halloween and there would be a number of kids knocking on your Dad`s door that evening. personally if my old man lived alone and was in his nineties someone from our family would have made sure he had some company on Halloween night.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 18:13]
Hallow'een on 18:34 - Oct 23 with 770 viewsjackal

Hallow'een on 18:13 - Oct 23 by shingle

Where were you, surely you must have known it was Halloween and there would be a number of kids knocking on your Dad`s door that evening. personally if my old man lived alone and was in his nineties someone from our family would have made sure he had some company on Halloween night.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 18:13]

At the time it didn't occur to me that he would need protecting. He has died in the mean time so it's now irrelevant. And before you suggest it he was fiercely independent and wouldn't live with me or my brother. I'll thank you not to mention him again.
Hallow'een on 18:54 - Oct 23 with 752 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Hallow'een on 17:07 - Oct 23 by Starsky

Is no one going to the Zombie Apocolypse event in Swansea on Hallow'een evening.
In the City Centre?

Swansea on Halloween is usually terrible.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Hallow'een on 20:16 - Oct 23 with 733 viewsStarsky

Hallow'een on 18:34 - Oct 23 by jackal

At the time it didn't occur to me that he would need protecting. He has died in the mean time so it's now irrelevant. And before you suggest it he was fiercely independent and wouldn't live with me or my brother. I'll thank you not to mention him again.

You mentioned him first. How did he manage on hallow'een the year before?

Hallow'een on 20:20 - Oct 23 with 728 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Hallow'een on 17:07 - Oct 23 by Starsky

In the City Centre?

That's a normal Friday night isn't it?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Hallow'een on 20:21 - Oct 23 with 723 viewsStarsky

Hallow'een on 20:20 - Oct 23 by Joe_bradshaw

That's a normal Friday night isn't it?

Login to get fewer ads

Hallow'een on 20:22 - Oct 23 with 720 viewsshingle

Hallow'een on 20:16 - Oct 23 by Starsky

You mentioned him first. How did he manage on hallow'een the year before?

Or the year before that.
Hallow'een on 20:43 - Oct 23 with 698 viewsjackal

Hallow'een on 20:22 - Oct 23 by shingle

Or the year before that.

Fine. I know I mentioned him first and had no problem with you replying. Until you said that I didn't protect him properly. In one post you say that halloween is for kids to make an effort dressing up and then you say that if your old man was on his own you'ld go down to protect him. Which is it?
Hallow'een on 20:59 - Oct 23 with 683 viewsdickythorpe

If i offered my old man to sit with him during Halloween he'd probably egg me!!
Hallow'een on 23:36 - Oct 23 with 666 viewsmacthejack

Dress up as a lobster and get mortal down Wind Street.
Hallow'een on 04:41 - Oct 24 with 628 viewsshingle

Hallow'een on 20:43 - Oct 23 by jackal

Fine. I know I mentioned him first and had no problem with you replying. Until you said that I didn't protect him properly. In one post you say that halloween is for kids to make an effort dressing up and then you say that if your old man was on his own you'ld go down to protect him. Which is it?

If he was in his nineties and alone and kids knocking his door would stress him out yes or we would take him out for the evening or even bring him over to our place for an evening meal, simple really.
Hallow'een on 06:27 - Oct 24 with 611 viewsjackal

Hallow'een on 04:41 - Oct 24 by shingle

If he was in his nineties and alone and kids knocking his door would stress him out yes or we would take him out for the evening or even bring him over to our place for an evening meal, simple really.

Like I said before. It was a one off. I hope I haven't given the impression that he was in any way senile. Not a bit of it. He was extremely fit both mentally and physically. It seems odd that at one moment you say that it's harmless
and then you say he needs protecting.
All I'm saying is that people have the right to be left alone in peace.
Hallow'een on 18:13 - Oct 29 with 389 viewsJackfath

Hallow'een on 18:54 - Oct 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Swansea on Halloween is usually terrible.

Glad you're back DYSS!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Hallow'een on 18:56 - Oct 29 with 364 viewsexiledclaseboy

Hallowe'en can f*ck off and take Bonfire Night and its wilful terrorising of animals of all kinds with it.

Poll: Tory leader

Hallow'een on 18:59 - Oct 29 with 358 viewsJackfath

Hallow'een on 18:56 - Oct 29 by exiledclaseboy

Hallowe'en can f*ck off and take Bonfire Night and its wilful terrorising of animals of all kinds with it.

I wonder what the Hallowe'en euqivalent of "Bah Humbug!" is?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Hallow'een on 19:02 - Oct 29 with 356 viewsThursday

I'm going as a Planet Swans poster this year. I'm staying home in my boxers, getting drunk, telling the kids who trick-or-treat to feck off to the States , all while ignoring that I went trick-or-treating each Halloween 30+ years ago.

Keeping in the spirit of the poster, this is the same thing I've done for Halloween for the past decade, and plan to do so for the next one.

Happy Halloween.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2015 19:04]
Hallow'een on 19:05 - Oct 29 with 351 viewsexiledclaseboy

Hallow'een on 19:02 - Oct 29 by Thursday

I'm going as a Planet Swans poster this year. I'm staying home in my boxers, getting drunk, telling the kids who trick-or-treat to feck off to the States , all while ignoring that I went trick-or-treating each Halloween 30+ years ago.

Keeping in the spirit of the poster, this is the same thing I've done for Halloween for the past decade, and plan to do so for the next one.

Happy Halloween.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2015 19:04]

I can honestly say I never went trick or treating as a kid. I don't tell kids to f*ck off either. I dress up as an evil clown and give them chewy sweets with shards of razor blades in. I've been doing it for years. I don't get many callers nowadays.

Hallow'een on 19:06 - Oct 29 with 347 viewsThursday

Hallow'een on 19:05 - Oct 29 by exiledclaseboy

I can honestly say I never went trick or treating as a kid. I don't tell kids to f*ck off either. I dress up as an evil clown and give them chewy sweets with shards of razor blades in. I've been doing it for years. I don't get many callers nowadays.

I hope you know that wasn't aimed at you. I was posting the same thing last year in this thread. Sorry to hear your callers are dwindling. The easiest solution is to move house.
Hallow'een on 19:08 - Oct 29 with 340 viewsexiledclaseboy

Hallow'een on 19:06 - Oct 29 by Thursday

I hope you know that wasn't aimed at you. I was posting the same thing last year in this thread. Sorry to hear your callers are dwindling. The easiest solution is to move house.

Yeah I was just joining in with the spirit. I'm thinking of moving as it goes. The only thing stopping me is the thought of actually moving all our stuff fro pm one house to another.

Hallow'een on 19:10 - Oct 29 with 330 viewsJackfath

Hallow'een on 19:08 - Oct 29 by exiledclaseboy

Yeah I was just joining in with the spirit. I'm thinking of moving as it goes. The only thing stopping me is the thought of actually moving all our stuff fro pm one house to another.

Are you moving to the 'Ferry?

Hallow'een on 19:12 - Oct 29 with 328 viewsexiledclaseboy

Hallow'een on 19:10 - Oct 29 by Jackfath

Are you moving to the 'Ferry?

Why on earth would I want to do something so stupid?

Hallow'een on 19:13 - Oct 29 with 326 viewsJackfath

Hallow'een on 19:12 - Oct 29 by exiledclaseboy

Why on earth would I want to do something so stupid?

You could hang around with Dazbag and go to Bargain Booze for him.

Hallow'een on 19:13 - Oct 29 with 326 viewsThursday

Hallow'een on 19:08 - Oct 29 by exiledclaseboy

The adage goes that three house moves is equal to one house fire. Get ahead of the game and just burn all your shit. The move'll be easier.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024