Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just a small reminder... 09:53 - Oct 23 with 2109 viewsCTB184

...that we are currently 8th in the league. So for all you negative people out there, get some perspective!

Some of the football we have played so far this season has been great, other times it has been disappointing. That's football, whether you like it or not.

The results will come, have some patience please and quit the unneccessary moaning.

Poll: Which two players do currently believe are the best Centre Midfield pairing?

Just a small reminder... on 10:26 - Oct 23 with 1587 viewsSpratty

Here we go moaning about moaning and missing the irony. Lets just close the site down should we or perhaps you want to give a list of opinions we are allowed to have

Is it just when the "moaning" does not suit you

You started a thread complaining about Shelvey's yellow cards

You started a thread inviting people to say who had disappointed them most

and then you complain when people express genuine concern over our problems in 2nd halves

Who has complained about our position in the league, except to explain how close the whole thing is points wise when people use our position as an excuse to ignore obvious problems we are currently experiencing in 2nd halves.

What really matters is the points we are losing that it is evident we have enough quality to win. No one game matters but when it becomes a repeated pattern from last year it is a real concern. Should we pretend it does not exist to humour you.

Playing to the best of our ability over 90+ minutes and using the obvious talent in our team to best advantage as a team is what matters and it is unrealistic and remiss to ignore painfully obvious issues.

This is not a 5 year olds painting - this is massively paid professionals for which we personally expend much passion, time and money to regularly follow and want to see achieve to the best of our ability.

I think we are entitled to express our concerns as well as our delight when things are going well or at the positive periods of play - but unfortunately a match lasts for 90 minutes.

Negative people or people wanting us to positively address negative issues so our club may continue it's brilliant success.
Just a small reminder... on 10:40 - Oct 23 with 1559 viewsicecoldjack

Strange how people used this argumemt when laudrup was here and he lost his job. Then being 10 th wasnt good enough even though we had a massive injury list,playing in europe amd taking on alot of the big teams.

3 pts off the top places and 3 pts off the bottom places, its early days still, after november we will know exactly what kind of season we are in for, there is plenty of work for monk to get stuck into , a win on saturday and it will be a decent start overall.

If we dont beat leicster then its going to be a tough season imo, having the likes of ki,shelvey,siggy,bony,gomis,fredirico and ash should mean we have the class to not get sucked into any dogfight, we habe the players, we will find out if we have the manager in the next few weeks.

Personally i think we will do ok if we can put in 90 min performances and we get things better tactically, plenty of room for improvement for us and as monk says, we will only get better.
Just a small reminder... on 10:44 - Oct 23 with 1551 viewsperchrockjack

Pointless looking back.Does no good.

There were issues with LAUDRUP.

if ,as its been suggested, his appointment was wrong and a "name" was now in charge , then Laudrup wouldn't ever get a mention.

Its the here and now that matters not you me or then but NOW

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Just a small reminder... on 10:53 - Oct 23 with 1540 viewsicecoldjack

Looking back is exacly what we are doing though, monk is playing similar to rodgers and huw jenkins stated that he felt our footballing principles were being eroded!

That statement by definition means there was a return to something previous, good,bad or whatever, its still looking back!

As i said before we will know in the next few weeks where we are as a club, its going pretty good so far but we can and should get better with what we have out on the field.
Just a small reminder... on 10:58 - Oct 23 with 1529 viewsperchrockjack

Well, as I keep saying, unless they have someone right now ready top come in and chage things, we re just going to have to hope and pray it comes good.

I d suggest Monk could have problems by Christmas if we sink in the league.

The problems will be highlighted on here in minute details from people who believe they know best. They say as much.

Pulis, if he stays out of work, will be a name we ll read many times of this board in the coming months

Just a small reminder... on 11:06 - Oct 23 with 1510 viewsicecoldjack

Just a small reminder... on 10:58 - Oct 23 by perchrockjack

Well, as I keep saying, unless they have someone right now ready top come in and chage things, we re just going to have to hope and pray it comes good.

I d suggest Monk could have problems by Christmas if we sink in the league.

The problems will be highlighted on here in minute details from people who believe they know best. They say as much.

Pulis, if he stays out of work, will be a name we ll read many times of this board in the coming months

Not for one minute do ithink monk will get it badly wrong, its more of a case of him being on a steep learning curve .

We have the players to be mid table ,the board have made sure he got everything he wanted to do the job, what ever happens im good with it, one thing is for sure and that is monk will be workimg 110% and giving everything, nobody can ask for any more.

3 pts on saturday and we have had a great start, its a bit frustrating for everyone that things have conspired against us a little bit in terms of results but woth a few tweaks here and there we should do ok this season.
Just a small reminder... on 11:10 - Oct 23 with 1504 viewsCTB184

Just a small reminder... on 10:26 - Oct 23 by Spratty

Here we go moaning about moaning and missing the irony. Lets just close the site down should we or perhaps you want to give a list of opinions we are allowed to have

Is it just when the "moaning" does not suit you

You started a thread complaining about Shelvey's yellow cards

You started a thread inviting people to say who had disappointed them most

and then you complain when people express genuine concern over our problems in 2nd halves

Who has complained about our position in the league, except to explain how close the whole thing is points wise when people use our position as an excuse to ignore obvious problems we are currently experiencing in 2nd halves.

What really matters is the points we are losing that it is evident we have enough quality to win. No one game matters but when it becomes a repeated pattern from last year it is a real concern. Should we pretend it does not exist to humour you.

Playing to the best of our ability over 90+ minutes and using the obvious talent in our team to best advantage as a team is what matters and it is unrealistic and remiss to ignore painfully obvious issues.

This is not a 5 year olds painting - this is massively paid professionals for which we personally expend much passion, time and money to regularly follow and want to see achieve to the best of our ability.

I think we are entitled to express our concerns as well as our delight when things are going well or at the positive periods of play - but unfortunately a match lasts for 90 minutes.

Negative people or people wanting us to positively address negative issues so our club may continue it's brilliant success.

Well you've just spoken about missing the irony yet you've done so yourself! I know there are issues to address but I was trying to say to not be concerned about the overall performance of the club as I believe we are doing well so far. Just trying to add a bit of light heartedness into the forum, something you've just shot down.

As for the complaining about Shelvey's cards, I was expressing concern, not complaining. Bit of a difference! I think his performances haven't been too bad this season, I just thought he was picking them up at what appears to an alarming rate.

You failed to mentioned the thread about disappointment was actually titled "Who is impressing/disappointing you the most so far? ". It wasn't a complaint about our players, it was a discussion about who is playing well and who is playing poorly in our start to the season and who looks likely to have the best/worst season.

I haven't complained about expressing concern over our problem in second halves, I just have an issue with constantly negative people.

I'm well aware we have enough quality to be winning these games and I am disappointed we have dropped a few points but in the overall scheme of things, we are not doing too badly! We could be doing far worse like other teams have been this season so far!

Lighten up!

Poll: Which two players do currently believe are the best Centre Midfield pairing?

Just a small reminder... on 11:13 - Oct 23 with 1496 viewsSpratty

Just a small reminder... on 10:44 - Oct 23 by perchrockjack

Pointless looking back.Does no good.

There were issues with LAUDRUP.

if ,as its been suggested, his appointment was wrong and a "name" was now in charge , then Laudrup wouldn't ever get a mention.

Its the here and now that matters not you me or then but NOW

Think the point has little to do with Laudrup himself but the issue of motivation

Those that were happy to have our previous manager roundly criticised and shockingly lied about whilst barely saying a word (even though he had to contend with massive injuries and a frantic schedule whilst keeping us in Europe and the FA cup and on almost identical like for like PL points with our previous record breaking season - but was sacked in a shameful manner for his trouble); are now complaining when people raise a serious and ongoing problem which in any way might be seen to be the responsibility of our current manager.

What has that to do with a name PRJ - if that name kept representing poor 2nd halves that don't seem to be taking best advantage of the obvious talent in our team and people complaining that no one should mention this, then I think the same irony would be pointed out.

It is the problem in the now that we are trying to address. The only reference to the past is to point out the irony of people trying to hush this up.

You would continually criticise our players, call our previous manager all kind of names and even suggested Pablo should be knocked on the head like a weak kitten.

Suggesting Euthanasia for a player which even Monk recognised as having something special - in fact said he wanted to build his team around -is about as insulting as you can get so it is a bit duplicitous to now complain when people point out a real and ongoing issue with our team.
Login to get fewer ads

Just a small reminder... on 11:14 - Oct 23 with 1493 viewsScoobyWho

Taking on board opinions and understanding this board is just a mixture of people, with - opinions.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Just a small reminder... on 11:20 - Oct 23 with 1474 viewsSpratty

Just a small reminder... on 11:10 - Oct 23 by CTB184

Well you've just spoken about missing the irony yet you've done so yourself! I know there are issues to address but I was trying to say to not be concerned about the overall performance of the club as I believe we are doing well so far. Just trying to add a bit of light heartedness into the forum, something you've just shot down.

As for the complaining about Shelvey's cards, I was expressing concern, not complaining. Bit of a difference! I think his performances haven't been too bad this season, I just thought he was picking them up at what appears to an alarming rate.

You failed to mentioned the thread about disappointment was actually titled "Who is impressing/disappointing you the most so far? ". It wasn't a complaint about our players, it was a discussion about who is playing well and who is playing poorly in our start to the season and who looks likely to have the best/worst season.

I haven't complained about expressing concern over our problem in second halves, I just have an issue with constantly negative people.

I'm well aware we have enough quality to be winning these games and I am disappointed we have dropped a few points but in the overall scheme of things, we are not doing too badly! We could be doing far worse like other teams have been this season so far!

Lighten up!

I would imagine saying who was playing poorly would be negative by your def

Of course we could be doing worse - hardly the mantra for achievement though is it

Perhaps you could lighten it up with a positive thread - not one complaining and calling other people negative, when they are concerned that our team fulfils it's potential and considering positive options to this end.
Just a small reminder... on 11:22 - Oct 23 with 1466 viewsperchrockjack

Death?
REALLY ?

Think that s extreme..

No way would I HAVE BASHED Pablo ,whom I hope is enjoying life in the desert.

FAIR POINTS though and fair play to you. I disagree btw

Just a small reminder... on 11:30 - Oct 23 with 1456 viewsCTB184

Just a small reminder... on 11:20 - Oct 23 by Spratty

I would imagine saying who was playing poorly would be negative by your def

Of course we could be doing worse - hardly the mantra for achievement though is it

Perhaps you could lighten it up with a positive thread - not one complaining and calling other people negative, when they are concerned that our team fulfils it's potential and considering positive options to this end.

Fine - instead of "playing poorly", would it have been better if I had said "playing standards not living up to expectation"? Would that be better for you?

Not it's not but the way some people on this forum think the Swans are playing so badly it's the end of the world is ridiculous. I don't think that Swansea are playing anywhere near their potential, I think we have the quality to get a top half finish this year. But whilst I have been disappointed by results I haven't launched scathing attacks on our players or managers.

The thread was designed to be light heared and positive (by trying to say "yes, we could be doing better BUT at least we're not doing badly like other teams" - a positive spin on negative outlooks) but like all others, appears to have been shot down by negative, argumentative people such as yourself.

Just a small reminder... on 11:35 - Oct 23 with 1447 viewsSpratty

Just a small reminder... on 11:22 - Oct 23 by perchrockjack

Death?
REALLY ?

Think that s extreme..

No way would I HAVE BASHED Pablo ,whom I hope is enjoying life in the desert.

FAIR POINTS though and fair play to you. I disagree btw

Fair enough the amusing thing is after our Stoke loss I merely said onward and upward

I am merely supporting the right for anyone to state their concerns most especially when there is most definitely an issue and I also see it as a positive thing when people suggest constructive things to counter it.
Just a small reminder... on 11:43 - Oct 23 with 1428 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Off topic, what's the point of the up and down arrows?

I've just down arrowed one of Spratty's posts on this thread due entirely to touching my tablet screen accidentally. I can't seem to up arrow the post to balance it out either.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Just a small reminder... on 11:44 - Oct 23 with 1426 viewsperchrockjack

That s fine with me spratty.

good stuff la

Just a small reminder... on 11:46 - Oct 23 with 1420 viewsicecoldjack

Just a small reminder... on 11:30 - Oct 23 by CTB184

Fine - instead of "playing poorly", would it have been better if I had said "playing standards not living up to expectation"? Would that be better for you?

Not it's not but the way some people on this forum think the Swans are playing so badly it's the end of the world is ridiculous. I don't think that Swansea are playing anywhere near their potential, I think we have the quality to get a top half finish this year. But whilst I have been disappointed by results I haven't launched scathing attacks on our players or managers.

The thread was designed to be light heared and positive (by trying to say "yes, we could be doing better BUT at least we're not doing badly like other teams" - a positive spin on negative outlooks) but like all others, appears to have been shot down by negative, argumentative people such as yourself.

I post on here alot and have to say ive not read much in the way of people saying "swansea are playing so badly"

Differemt strokes for different folks should be the mantra imo .

Ome thing, im not sure how you can say the thread is meant to be positive by saying posters are " negative" and that people are "moaning"

Just because you have a different view point to others doesnt mean your view is the correct one, is being constructive in a debate on our performamce negative or constructive debate ?

Nothing more negative than people posting threads calling people negative ! Though im sure its meant with the best of intentions ?

With respect
Just a small reminder... on 11:52 - Oct 23 with 1409 viewsperchrockjack

to that Amen.. well said Sir

Just a small reminder... on 11:54 - Oct 23 with 1406 viewsSpratty

Just a small reminder... on 11:30 - Oct 23 by CTB184

It is what would be better for you - I am merely pointing out the irony against your own complaint in this thread - the other threads were perfectly fine

I think you miss the point of a football forum

And as I merely said onward and upwards at the end of the game and have even tried to take the pressure off our next game by saying the fact that we play well is more important than the result - I would not call that negative.

I must have missed all the "scathing attacks on our players or managers" or people saying "it's the end of the world" except for some expressing their disappointments like you invited them to do in your thread.

If you start a thread by moaning about and criticising the valid opinions of a whole group of posters then it is a negative thread.

You state yourself "I don't think that Swansea are playing anywhere near their potential" is it surprising people want to discuss this

Am I supposed to accept your OP without question just so I am not seen as "argumentative" Perhaps consider your own position

Oh and please cut out the personal abuse we are trying to avoid it it creates a very negative vibe and detracts from your "argument"
Just a small reminder... on 11:55 - Oct 23 with 1402 viewsC_jack

2 weeks ago, it was just a small reminder that we were 4th (!)

This week, it's just a small reminder, that we're 8th

Looking forward to my small reminder at the end of November, it'll probably be that we're lucky to be in the Premier League..
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 11:58]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Just a small reminder... on 11:59 - Oct 23 with 1393 viewsCTB184

Just a small reminder... on 11:46 - Oct 23 by icecoldjack

I post on here alot and have to say ive not read much in the way of people saying "swansea are playing so badly"

Differemt strokes for different folks should be the mantra imo .

Ome thing, im not sure how you can say the thread is meant to be positive by saying posters are " negative" and that people are "moaning"

Just because you have a different view point to others doesnt mean your view is the correct one, is being constructive in a debate on our performamce negative or constructive debate ?

Nothing more negative than people posting threads calling people negative ! Though im sure its meant with the best of intentions ?

With respect

I agree with what you're saying - people can post whatever opinions they like for discussions! I don't have a problem with that!

What I have an issue with is people only being negative and not dishing out praise when it's due. The problem is that very few people actually give constructive criticism, it's just mostly negative attacks. There are threads suggesting Monk should be sacked just because we've been unfortunate with a few results. I think Monk could have done better with some things but I wouldn't even think of giving him the sack when we're not even a quarter of the way through the season.

Just a small reminder... on 13:21 - Oct 23 with 1337 viewsCTB184

Just a small reminder... on 11:54 - Oct 23 by Spratty

It is what would be better for you - I am merely pointing out the irony against your own complaint in this thread - the other threads were perfectly fine

I think you miss the point of a football forum

And as I merely said onward and upwards at the end of the game and have even tried to take the pressure off our next game by saying the fact that we play well is more important than the result - I would not call that negative.

I must have missed all the "scathing attacks on our players or managers" or people saying "it's the end of the world" except for some expressing their disappointments like you invited them to do in your thread.

If you start a thread by moaning about and criticising the valid opinions of a whole group of posters then it is a negative thread.

You state yourself "I don't think that Swansea are playing anywhere near their potential" is it surprising people want to discuss this

Am I supposed to accept your OP without question just so I am not seen as "argumentative" Perhaps consider your own position

Oh and please cut out the personal abuse we are trying to avoid it it creates a very negative vibe and detracts from your "argument"

No, I understand the point of a football forum, I am all for discussion about all things positive and negative. My original point was for people to get some perspective. People can moan all they like but it would be nice if they contributed in a positive light or just understood that with football there are some frustrating times but they can still enjoy the sport.

There have been many attacks on this forum against players and managers just because of one small incident or result. For example, a few weeks ago I remember seeing one stating Neil Taylor as a "steaming pile of turd", or words to that effect. There are threads "suggesting" to the sacking of Monk which is currently a little over the top (in my opinion).

I would agree and say that playing well can sometimes be more important than the result. Comments such as that show a positive approach from a disappoint match.

I started this thread so people could take a step back and reflect positively on how the season has gone. Negative thoughts are fine as long as there is something constructive in them!

Look, you clearly haven't agreed with my approach to try and spread some positivity and that's fine. I am stating now along with my previous posts in my thread that I believe there is no need to have such a negative outlook on the season so far and would encourage fellow Swans fans to think in the same way. All Swansea fans know how good our players are and how we can improve. The season is still in its early stages and there is plenty to be positive about so it would be nice if people discussed this on a football forum rather than create an unpleasant atmosphere.

My apologies if you were offended for whatever reason. Please can I ask though, where this "personal abuse" is in the comments I have posted on this thread, or any others?

Just a small reminder... on 13:43 - Oct 23 with 1314 viewsSpratty

Just a small reminder... on 13:21 - Oct 23 by CTB184

No, I understand the point of a football forum, I am all for discussion about all things positive and negative. My original point was for people to get some perspective. People can moan all they like but it would be nice if they contributed in a positive light or just understood that with football there are some frustrating times but they can still enjoy the sport.

There have been many attacks on this forum against players and managers just because of one small incident or result. For example, a few weeks ago I remember seeing one stating Neil Taylor as a "steaming pile of turd", or words to that effect. There are threads "suggesting" to the sacking of Monk which is currently a little over the top (in my opinion).

I would agree and say that playing well can sometimes be more important than the result. Comments such as that show a positive approach from a disappoint match.

I started this thread so people could take a step back and reflect positively on how the season has gone. Negative thoughts are fine as long as there is something constructive in them!

Look, you clearly haven't agreed with my approach to try and spread some positivity and that's fine. I am stating now along with my previous posts in my thread that I believe there is no need to have such a negative outlook on the season so far and would encourage fellow Swans fans to think in the same way. All Swansea fans know how good our players are and how we can improve. The season is still in its early stages and there is plenty to be positive about so it would be nice if people discussed this on a football forum rather than create an unpleasant atmosphere.

My apologies if you were offended for whatever reason. Please can I ask though, where this "personal abuse" is in the comments I have posted on this thread, or any others?

"negative, argumentative people such as yourself"

a. negative not true as I pointed out I took a quite a positive and constructive view
b. argumentative - yes it is a football forum if you don't want people to disagree with you it may not be for you - plus you seem to be giving it plenty yourself - so it is a little ironic

Basically that is insulting and you have dismissed everyone who disagreed with you in this thread in an insulting manner

To dismiss a viewpoint as negative (obviously in your opinion) fine. But to call the person negative and argumentative is personally insulting and upping the anti and we are trying to keep to reasoned discussion not insults to each other.

Talking of sacking the manager just now may be a bit over the top in your opinion - in mine too. But as the results have not been coming do you imagine for one minute the board are not preparing for such a scenario if things continue on the downturn. Would you call them negative for considering the same thing?

Calling a player a steaming turd - not a very constructive argument and I think got roundly criticised - probably very disappointed like Garry when he tore into Moses and the ref
Just a small reminder... on 13:48 - Oct 23 with 1301 viewsStarsky

Just a small reminder... on 13:43 - Oct 23 by Spratty

a. negative not true as I pointed out I took a quite a positive and constructive view
b. argumentative - yes it is a football forum if you don't want people to disagree with you it may not be for you - plus you seem to be giving it plenty yourself - so it is a little ironic

Basically that is insulting and you have dismissed everyone who disagreed with you in this thread in an insulting manner

To dismiss a viewpoint as negative (obviously in your opinion) fine. But to call the person negative and argumentative is personally insulting and upping the anti and we are trying to keep to reasoned discussion not insults to each other.

Talking of sacking the manager just now may be a bit over the top in your opinion - in mine too. But as the results have not been coming do you imagine for one minute the board are not preparing for such a scenario if things continue on the downturn. Would you call them negative for considering the same thing?

Calling a player a steaming turd - not a very constructive argument and I think got roundly criticised - probably very disappointed like Garry when he tore into Moses and the ref

Sorry Spratty but if you think what he wrote to you was persOnal abuse, then you're mistaken.
If he had said you were a negative old fecker... Then that would be personal. There's a difference.

It's just the internet, init.

Just a small reminder... on 14:04 - Oct 23 with 1269 viewsCTB184

Just a small reminder... on 13:43 - Oct 23 by Spratty

Well from this light hearted thread I have started of which I meant no offence to any poster, you seem to have taken quite a strong argumentative and negative stance towards it and, apparently, some of my previous posts. Have I done something to offend you on here for you to have gone on a rant to this extent and criticise my current and previous comments on this forum?

I am not trying to come across as argumentative, only as defensive for the attacks you have had on my comments (of which I am perfectly entitled to say, it is a forum for discussion, as you have pointed out, after all). I have not insulted anybody, my original post said to "get some perspective", which was meant to encourage posters to think positively. My apologies if you or any other poster has found my comments to be offensive, I did not mean to be. Though attacking what was meant to be a positive message would be seen as negative, would it not? My advice would be to try having a thicker skin on an internet forum. Again, no offence intended.

As for the board, I would sincerely hope that when they employed any manager or high level staff a backup plan was written in case things did go badly.

Just a small reminder... on 16:54 - Oct 23 with 1197 viewsGreatBritton

Spratty talked about "upping the anti". Ironically this is what happens when people turn debate into squabbling. Upping the ante is something different. Upping your auntie we do not speak about.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024