Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
fao Phil Sumbler 16:45 - Oct 23 with 33105 viewsRancid

Is it true that the trust is preventing us from being taken over by an American consortium for 95 million? And the rest of the board want it to go through? I'm not expecting a straight answer btw but I've heard from a very good source at the club.
fao Phil Sumbler on 23:31 - Oct 23 with 1889 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

fao Phil Sumbler on 23:26 - Oct 23 by outtolunch

If you knew your history sunshine then you would know we don't own the stadium so why would we own the stadium rights. ?

Exactly. Perhaps we should have used some of our excess funds to purchase the stadium instead of funnelling millions of pounds out of the club for dividends, director salaries and glorified personal projects such as the truly awful vanity project titled 'Jack to a King' that was released recently.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

fao Phil Sumbler on 23:38 - Oct 23 with 1876 viewsouttolunch

fao Phil Sumbler on 23:27 - Oct 23 by jackonicko

Really? You mean he made a public commitment to attending and then privately saying he won't?

Wow. If this wasn't an entirely hypothetical scenario I would be shocked.

Eh ? I didn't say that. I said he had been asked and had said yes. It is on twitter clear for anyone to see. Why do you think he has said no ?

You were the one alluding to the fact he gets paid well and should be away at the swans rather than looking after local under 10s football ( i totally disagree with that ) so i merely pointed out that what you said doesn't always seem the case.
fao Phil Sumbler on 23:43 - Oct 23 with 1846 viewsNeathJack

fao Phil Sumbler on 23:31 - Oct 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Exactly. Perhaps we should have used some of our excess funds to purchase the stadium instead of funnelling millions of pounds out of the club for dividends, director salaries and glorified personal projects such as the truly awful vanity project titled 'Jack to a King' that was released recently.

It's posts like that which made me say initially that I was going to regret bothering to get involved in a discussion with you.

I was right.
fao Phil Sumbler on 23:43 - Oct 23 with 1840 viewsjackonicko

fao Phil Sumbler on 23:38 - Oct 23 by outtolunch

Eh ? I didn't say that. I said he had been asked and had said yes. It is on twitter clear for anyone to see. Why do you think he has said no ?

You were the one alluding to the fact he gets paid well and should be away at the swans rather than looking after local under 10s football ( i totally disagree with that ) so i merely pointed out that what you said doesn't always seem the case.

But I was very clear that it was an entirely hypothetical scenario.

Anyway, if it is the case that in the very real situation of the London forum in December that Leigh will still be coming, then that is very good news indeed. I'm sure Stewart will be delighted.
fao Phil Sumbler on 23:45 - Oct 23 with 1834 viewsouttolunch

fao Phil Sumbler on 23:43 - Oct 23 by NeathJack

It's posts like that which made me say initially that I was going to regret bothering to get involved in a discussion with you.

I was right.

It never changes. Its called being a troll and I'm sure he looks beautiful in his little cotton socks
fao Phil Sumbler on 23:54 - Oct 23 with 1814 viewsouttolunch

fao Phil Sumbler on 23:43 - Oct 23 by jackonicko

But I was very clear that it was an entirely hypothetical scenario.

Anyway, if it is the case that in the very real situation of the London forum in December that Leigh will still be coming, then that is very good news indeed. I'm sure Stewart will be delighted.

nice... in a hypothetical scenario which of course it isn't as it is there in black and white . I wouldn't have a clue if he is coming to London but i am pretty sure he won't be looking after under 10s unless there not his. His boys are slightly older i think but it is hypothetical anyway.
fao Phil Sumbler on 00:10 - Oct 24 with 1772 viewsUxbridge

fao Phil Sumbler on 23:54 - Oct 23 by outtolunch

nice... in a hypothetical scenario which of course it isn't as it is there in black and white . I wouldn't have a clue if he is coming to London but i am pretty sure he won't be looking after under 10s unless there not his. His boys are slightly older i think but it is hypothetical anyway.

Hopefully he'll be attending. He said be would. As he hasnt publicly commented to say otherwise, this might just be a complete misunderstanding. I do hope so.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

fao Phil Sumbler on 08:20 - Oct 24 with 1649 viewsouttolunch

fao Phil Sumbler on 00:10 - Oct 24 by Uxbridge

Hopefully he'll be attending. He said be would. As he hasnt publicly commented to say otherwise, this might just be a complete misunderstanding. I do hope so.

Ask the guy who tweeted him may be the best course. Is the forum still on the friday now that the game has been moved to the sunday ? His tweet said ' yes will be there as the game is on the saturday '.
Login to get fewer ads

fao Phil Sumbler on 08:39 - Oct 24 with 1625 viewsUxbridge

fao Phil Sumbler on 08:20 - Oct 24 by outtolunch

Ask the guy who tweeted him may be the best course. Is the forum still on the friday now that the game has been moved to the sunday ? His tweet said ' yes will be there as the game is on the saturday '.

Actually, thatis incorrect. The tweet can be found at

"west ham the following day so yes if you would like me to."

I don't think playing this out in public does anyone any favours though. This'll be my last post on this topic.

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:03 - Oct 24 with 1597 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Phil, given the right price, would the trust ever sell their shares to an investor?

Come on you Swans.

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:05 - Oct 24 with 1590 viewstomdickharry

This thread is surely getting away from the OP.
fao Phil Sumbler on 09:20 - Oct 24 with 1565 viewsUxbridge

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:03 - Oct 24 by MyFinalHeaven

Phil, given the right price, would the trust ever sell their shares to an investor?

That question's already been answered many times on this thread. Any offer would be judged on its merits and voted upon.

It's not a price question though surely. It's whether something is in the best interests of Swansea City Football Club. The good thing from a Trust perspective is that nobody has anything to gain personally so won't be blinded by £ signs. Not a criticism of other parties as such, as people are only human and circumstances will dictate. Personally speaking, it'd take an amazing offer for me to be voting for a sale.

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:21 - Oct 24 with 1561 viewsLord_Bony

£95 million is way below the valuation benchmark..that's just a couple of seasons profit in the Premier League not counting the assets and goodwill...the club name itself?

£300 million mark would be a more realistic figure these days if they want 100% share holding or thereabouts.

£95million would be about right for a 49% stake of the shares.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2014 9:23]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:27 - Oct 24 with 1544 viewsUxbridge

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:21 - Oct 24 by Lord_Bony

£95 million is way below the valuation benchmark..that's just a couple of seasons profit in the Premier League not counting the assets and goodwill...the club name itself?

£300 million mark would be a more realistic figure these days if they want 100% share holding or thereabouts.

£95million would be about right for a 49% stake of the shares.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2014 9:23]

That's a bit ambitious. Looking at our past set of accounts, profits have largely been driven by player sales and we haven't made any big ones in recent years. Given the spending on certain players and big projects I doubt we're flush. Cashflow is what's key anyway. The good thing is that we're a solvent football club and there aren't that many of them around. Even without the stadium on the books I could see why we'd be attractive.

Personally I'd say £95m is a little on the high side but if we're still in the Premier League in 5 years time it may look small change with the way the foreign TV deals are going. Any value will depend on the power such a stake would give the buyer ... 5% or 10% on its own is worth pennies but multiplies rapidly if that 10% takes you over the 50% or 750% thresholds.

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:36 - Oct 24 with 1528 viewsZut_Alors

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:42 - Oct 24 with 1508 viewsShaky

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:27 - Oct 24 by Uxbridge

That's a bit ambitious. Looking at our past set of accounts, profits have largely been driven by player sales and we haven't made any big ones in recent years. Given the spending on certain players and big projects I doubt we're flush. Cashflow is what's key anyway. The good thing is that we're a solvent football club and there aren't that many of them around. Even without the stadium on the books I could see why we'd be attractive.

Personally I'd say £95m is a little on the high side but if we're still in the Premier League in 5 years time it may look small change with the way the foreign TV deals are going. Any value will depend on the power such a stake would give the buyer ... 5% or 10% on its own is worth pennies but multiplies rapidly if that 10% takes you over the 50% or 750% thresholds.

Yes, because a 10% stake in a company paying an annual dividend of £2million is worth pennies, right Idiot?

Phil, if this deal is really as imminent as is widely believed you need to get yourself some professional advice.

In particular you need to start rigorously thinking about the possible options here, and proactively trying to influence the deal to your advantage as far as possible.

If you just sit back and do nothing you might be presented with a shitty choice, whereas with the right approach you could end up having the best of both worlds.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:44 - Oct 24 with 1502 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Hmmnnnn I must admit there is a big element of " oooooooooooohhh look at me" attached to the project. Was it actually commissioned by the directors though?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:50 - Oct 24 with 1484 viewsDr_Winston

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:44 - Oct 24 by Brynmill_Jack

Hmmnnnn I must admit there is a big element of " oooooooooooohhh look at me" attached to the project. Was it actually commissioned by the directors though?

Didn't Huw say it was commissioned to raise the profile of the club abroad?

I'm sure that certain directors coming out of it looking like Gods whilst the hard work done by others was overlooked completely was entirely coincidental.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:53 - Oct 24 with 1469 viewsUxbridge

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:42 - Oct 24 by Shaky

Yes, because a 10% stake in a company paying an annual dividend of £2million is worth pennies, right Idiot?

Phil, if this deal is really as imminent as is widely believed you need to get yourself some professional advice.

In particular you need to start rigorously thinking about the possible options here, and proactively trying to influence the deal to your advantage as far as possible.

If you just sit back and do nothing you might be presented with a shitty choice, whereas with the right approach you could end up having the best of both worlds.

Yes, because I was being literal. Iesu mawr. Although I'm not aware of the club paying annual dividends of £2m, or a 10% holder receiving a £2m annual dividend, depending on how I read that first sentence.

I couldn't have written the rest of your post better though. Totally agree.

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:54 - Oct 24 with 1460 viewsWarwickHunt

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:50 - Oct 24 by Dr_Winston

Didn't Huw say it was commissioned to raise the profile of the club abroad?

I'm sure that certain directors coming out of it looking like Gods whilst the hard work done by others was overlooked completely was entirely coincidental.

Well, it's been on in London and Nantgarw.

Next stop, Buenos Aires.

File under: Spunked.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2014 9:58]
fao Phil Sumbler on 10:03 - Oct 24 with 1435 viewsSweyns_Eye

Up until fairly recently you were saying you wouldn't go and see the film but would wait for it to come out on DVD before buying it. Have you seen it now?

If you haven't, how can you criticise it for being a fairly awful vanity project?

It may be what you say it is in your opinion but myself and everyone I know who has seen it thought it was quite good. Its flawed yes but to call it awful is unfair. Its also unfair to call it a vanity project, I can't see how in any way the purpose of making the film was so that certain individuals in it could see themselves on the big screen. Primarily it is the story of the club over the last 10 years.

For someone who doesn't like to criticise the club you sling an awful lot of mud at the manager, the board, the trust and certain players. Yet when you're challenged you often have little come back of merit, if you give one at all. You only succeed in making yourself look foolish.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

fao Phil Sumbler on 12:11 - Oct 24 with 1311 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

fao Phil Sumbler on 10:03 - Oct 24 by Sweyns_Eye

Up until fairly recently you were saying you wouldn't go and see the film but would wait for it to come out on DVD before buying it. Have you seen it now?

If you haven't, how can you criticise it for being a fairly awful vanity project?

It may be what you say it is in your opinion but myself and everyone I know who has seen it thought it was quite good. Its flawed yes but to call it awful is unfair. Its also unfair to call it a vanity project, I can't see how in any way the purpose of making the film was so that certain individuals in it could see themselves on the big screen. Primarily it is the story of the club over the last 10 years.

For someone who doesn't like to criticise the club you sling an awful lot of mud at the manager, the board, the trust and certain players. Yet when you're challenged you often have little come back of merit, if you give one at all. You only succeed in making yourself look foolish.

There is a pattern when I criticise the club.

Initially people dismiss it as me trolling, but after a short period of time others begin to realise there is some substance to what I am saying and eventually it becomes a common, sometimes popular opinion.

It's very rare I criticise something without any justification and it's very rare I criticise something without others soon feeling the same.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

fao Phil Sumbler on 12:24 - Oct 24 with 1285 viewsPhil_S

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:53 - Oct 24 by Uxbridge

Yes, because I was being literal. Iesu mawr. Although I'm not aware of the club paying annual dividends of £2m, or a 10% holder receiving a £2m annual dividend, depending on how I read that first sentence.

I couldn't have written the rest of your post better though. Totally agree.

I have a fag packet with some scribbles on it - that will do surely

SOTB - do you have a book on your shelf that says "How to state the obvious but believe you are being visionary"
fao Phil Sumbler on 12:26 - Oct 24 with 1282 viewsPhil_S

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:03 - Oct 24 by MyFinalHeaven

As has been answered elsewhere it is not just a case of price. It is the case of what is best for the football club and that is the position of strength that we have because we don't have to sell if it is not believed by the organisation to be the best thing for the club

We are the only shareholder who would not be influenced by very large £ signs
fao Phil Sumbler on 12:29 - Oct 24 with 1277 viewsSweyns_Eye

fao Phil Sumbler on 12:11 - Oct 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

There is a pattern when I criticise the club.

Initially people dismiss it as me trolling, but after a short period of time others begin to realise there is some substance to what I am saying and eventually it becomes a common, sometimes popular opinion.

It's very rare I criticise something without any justification and it's very rare I criticise something without others soon feeling the same.

So have you seen the film yet? Yes or no.

"There is a pattern when I criticise the club".

The only pattern I see is vague, unsubstantiated criticism.

"Initially people dismiss it as me trolling, but after a short period of time others begin to realise there is some substance to what I am saying and eventually it becomes a common, sometimes popular opinion".

Again, rather vague of you Dwight. Its very easy to throw out a line and see if anyone backs it up, yet you seem unable to add flesh to the bone. As an example, Phil called on you to expand on your criticism of the Trust, please give me a link to your response as its one example of where I can't recall you providing one.

Whatever opinions you offer I don't see them becoming commonly adopted amongst the posters here, or the fans I know that don't post here.

"It's very rare I criticise something without any justification and it's very rare I criticise something without others soon feeling the same".

You can keep posting as you see fit to, but the majority of your posts are negative and critical although you deny this.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024