Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
fao Phil Sumbler 16:45 - Oct 23 with 32022 viewsRancid

Is it true that the trust is preventing us from being taken over by an American consortium for 95 million? And the rest of the board want it to go through? I'm not expecting a straight answer btw but I've heard from a very good source at the club.
fao Phil Sumbler on 16:50 - Oct 23 with 11543 viewsPhil_S

Your very good source has turned out to be a not very good source

If there had been an offer for the club then the fans (or more exactly our members) would have to be notified

The fact that they haven't been gives you the answer that you need
fao Phil Sumbler on 16:59 - Oct 23 with 11505 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Is is also true that the Trust is creating an annual "Leigh Dineen award" for the Trust member who selflessly contributes to and embodies the values of the Trust?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

fao Phil Sumbler on 17:00 - Oct 23 with 11502 viewsRancid

fao Phil Sumbler on 16:50 - Oct 23 by Phil_S

Your very good source has turned out to be a not very good source

If there had been an offer for the club then the fans (or more exactly our members) would have to be notified

The fact that they haven't been gives you the answer that you need

Thanks Phil, I didn't expect you to divulge anything on here to be fair even if it was true but my source is a very good one indeed and someone you'll know.Thanks for the reply anyway and spend those million wisely ha ha.
fao Phil Sumbler on 17:36 - Oct 23 with 11388 viewsPhil_S

fao Phil Sumbler on 17:00 - Oct 23 by Rancid

Thanks Phil, I didn't expect you to divulge anything on here to be fair even if it was true but my source is a very good one indeed and someone you'll know.Thanks for the reply anyway and spend those million wisely ha ha.

I had a feeling I probably would but members would need to know if we did have an offer!!
fao Phil Sumbler on 18:45 - Oct 23 with 11260 viewsJackbustard

There has been no official offer hence why fans would not have been told. But from what weve both heard from same very very reliable source if issues around trust share ownership can be resolved then it will be an official offer.
fao Phil Sumbler on 18:53 - Oct 23 with 11213 viewsParlay

This could be terrible for the future of swansea, certainly the ethos of the club or it could be amazing. I for one wouldnt like the gamble.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

fao Phil Sumbler on 18:55 - Oct 23 with 11201 viewsscottishjack

fao Phil Sumbler on 18:45 - Oct 23 by Jackbustard

There has been no official offer hence why fans would not have been told. But from what weve both heard from same very very reliable source if issues around trust share ownership can be resolved then it will be an official offer.

Sorry if I am intruding here, but £95 million? I would be expecting any offer to be quite a bit higher than that. Granted that we don't own the Liberty, but our assets would be quite a bit higher than that surely?
fao Phil Sumbler on 19:02 - Oct 23 with 11166 viewsPhil_S

fao Phil Sumbler on 18:45 - Oct 23 by Jackbustard

So maybe you need to go and ask your official source what these issues are because if it is the members that decide and they haven't been consulted how does anyone know there are any issues with the Trust shareholding

Sounds like someone may be telling you porkies to suit their own agenda perhaps?

Maybe without the Trust shareholding their own shareholding is worth a few £ less? These things must be considered
Login to get fewer ads

fao Phil Sumbler on 19:05 - Oct 23 with 11150 viewstomdickharry

£95M is just about right,would think that's the club's current annual turnover.I'm struggling with assets of £95M+ please specify.
fao Phil Sumbler on 19:20 - Oct 23 with 11087 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Oh well, questioning any awful decisions our future boardroom will make should be a lot easier as people won't be able to use the 'but they saved us a few years ago' line.

Still, I hope our current lot don't sell. Despite some embarrassing and bemusing mistakes they've done well enough so far.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

fao Phil Sumbler on 19:23 - Oct 23 with 11084 viewsscottishjack

fao Phil Sumbler on 19:05 - Oct 23 by tomdickharry

£95M is just about right,would think that's the club's current annual turnover.I'm struggling with assets of £95M+ please specify.

Just thinking that with the SKY income, the value of the squad, the new facilities for the youth team, the Fairwood complex, and just in general the fact that we are a Premier League side, we would be worth a little more?

How much has Uncle Vinnie Tan sunk into that drainhole hown the road?
fao Phil Sumbler on 19:24 - Oct 23 with 11058 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

fao Phil Sumbler on 19:23 - Oct 23 by scottishjack

Just thinking that with the SKY income, the value of the squad, the new facilities for the youth team, the Fairwood complex, and just in general the fact that we are a Premier League side, we would be worth a little more?

How much has Uncle Vinnie Tan sunk into that drainhole hown the road?

I agree that it sounds low, although maybe the £95m figure is for x amount of shares and not 100% of the shares?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

fao Phil Sumbler on 19:25 - Oct 23 with 11062 viewsRancid

I don't think anyone is telling porkies here.What's being said wouldn't benefit anyones agenda, if indeed they had one.I still believe this to be 100% true because of the person who told me.

Come on, lets be honest, we're a multi million pound making organization nowadays and we'd be naive to think that it's going unnoticed.
fao Phil Sumbler on 19:36 - Oct 23 with 11013 viewsPhil_S

fao Phil Sumbler on 19:25 - Oct 23 by Rancid

I don't think anyone is telling porkies here.What's being said wouldn't benefit anyones agenda, if indeed they had one.I still believe this to be 100% true because of the person who told me.

Come on, lets be honest, we're a multi million pound making organization nowadays and we'd be naive to think that it's going unnoticed.

I will simply tell you that the Trust have been made no offer for their shares (had we done so it would be in the public domain) and we have blocked no sale

Maybe it is as simple as someone knows that there is an offer but the offer could be worth substantially more if 100% of the shares were available to purchase and there is a belief that the Trust would not sell which means the remainder of the shares become less valuable to a purchaser. Not knowing (or wishing to know) who the individual is that told you I couldn't tell you the answer because clearly they know something I don't which means that they are clearly more keen to sell (which two people have alluded to)

I don't know but had there been an offer made for the club (or our shares) then I would know about it
fao Phil Sumbler on 19:46 - Oct 23 with 10977 viewstomdickharry

Multi Million pound business reliant on one product,PL, take that away and the business suffers,another example is Sky reliant on the PL rights if that went shares would tumble overnight. Nothing is surer that our present board being scared stiff of relegation far far too much to lose. Surely the Trust board would decided the fate of any shares rather than trust members.
fao Phil Sumbler on 19:55 - Oct 23 with 10939 viewsRancid

fao Phil Sumbler on 19:36 - Oct 23 by Phil_S

I will simply tell you that the Trust have been made no offer for their shares (had we done so it would be in the public domain) and we have blocked no sale

Maybe it is as simple as someone knows that there is an offer but the offer could be worth substantially more if 100% of the shares were available to purchase and there is a belief that the Trust would not sell which means the remainder of the shares become less valuable to a purchaser. Not knowing (or wishing to know) who the individual is that told you I couldn't tell you the answer because clearly they know something I don't which means that they are clearly more keen to sell (which two people have alluded to)

I don't know but had there been an offer made for the club (or our shares) then I would know about it

If there is an offer on the table, Phil and it was 100million and diligent, would you stand in the way of it?
fao Phil Sumbler on 20:02 - Oct 23 with 10907 viewstomdickharry

fao Phil Sumbler on 19:55 - Oct 23 by Rancid

If there is an offer on the table, Phil and it was 100million and diligent, would you stand in the way of it?

We are all waiting with baited breath Phil.
fao Phil Sumbler on 20:10 - Oct 23 with 10865 viewsjackonicko

fao Phil Sumbler on 20:02 - Oct 23 by tomdickharry

We are all waiting with baited breath Phil.

Pointless waiting. If that offer was made and it was diligent (whatever that means) then Phil couldn't stand in the way of it, even if he wanted to.

He is but one voice of the trust board and many more members. If such an offer came in, trust rules (and good order) would suggest it goes to a vote.

Feel free to pass that onto Leigh in case he's wondering ;)
fao Phil Sumbler on 20:13 - Oct 23 with 10841 viewsRancid

fao Phil Sumbler on 20:10 - Oct 23 by jackonicko

Pointless waiting. If that offer was made and it was diligent (whatever that means) then Phil couldn't stand in the way of it, even if he wanted to.

He is but one voice of the trust board and many more members. If such an offer came in, trust rules (and good order) would suggest it goes to a vote.

Are you suggesting the Trust carries no weight?
fao Phil Sumbler on 20:15 - Oct 23 with 10837 viewsmorningstar

fao Phil Sumbler on 20:10 - Oct 23 by jackonicko

And that vote would be where Phil would vote yes or no. Not on here!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

fao Phil Sumbler on 20:22 - Oct 23 with 10799 viewsjackonicko

fao Phil Sumbler on 20:13 - Oct 23 by Rancid

Are you suggesting the Trust carries no weight?

No. I'm suggesting Phil is not the Trust, and the Trust is not Phil.

He has a view, and as Chairman his view is persuasive, but he's not the only person who decides.

If Leigh wants the trust to sell, he will need to persuade more than Phil. Indeed, it should go to a vote of the members.
fao Phil Sumbler on 20:24 - Oct 23 with 10783 viewsUxbridge

fao Phil Sumbler on 19:55 - Oct 23 by Rancid

Would you just accept any offer regardless of whether it's in the club's best interests?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

fao Phil Sumbler on 20:25 - Oct 23 with 10777 viewsouttolunch

fao Phil Sumbler on 19:02 - Oct 23 by Phil_S

So maybe you need to go and ask your official source what these issues are because if it is the members that decide and they haven't been consulted how does anyone know there are any issues with the Trust shareholding

Sounds like someone may be telling you porkies to suit their own agenda perhaps?

Maybe without the Trust shareholding their own shareholding is worth a few £ less? These things must be considered

Phil. Are you saying that some other shareholder or shareholders have an agenda then because thats how i read it behind the question mark. Who knows perhaps its a member of the trust board talking. It wouldnt be the first time in the last few months. It seems quite alot of sensitive information finds its way into the public domain if it is all to beleived and plenty points to the trust.

Lets not hide behind our members as an excuse. Are the club talking to potential purchasers irrelavant of whether an offer has been made. ? . We don't need to vote on that do we ?
fao Phil Sumbler on 20:25 - Oct 23 with 10775 viewsAquinas

95 mil is laughable.

How much did Carroll, Adam, Lallana, Allen and Lovren cost?

No way is our club worth the same amount as the above players. Non-story at that price.
fao Phil Sumbler on 20:26 - Oct 23 with 10764 viewsRancid

fao Phil Sumbler on 20:24 - Oct 23 by Uxbridge

Would you just accept any offer regardless of whether it's in the club's best interests?

I was asking Phil who's far more influential at the club than myself.What I think is irrelevant but what Phil thinks matters.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024