Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
fao Phil Sumbler 16:45 - Oct 23 with 33074 viewsRancid

Is it true that the trust is preventing us from being taken over by an American consortium for 95 million? And the rest of the board want it to go through? I'm not expecting a straight answer btw but I've heard from a very good source at the club.
fao Phil Sumbler on 21:50 - Oct 23 with 1590 viewsRancid

I've never said this person is a board member because he isn't.He is however a veryb well connected to the club and you only have to look around the stadium to see why.
fao Phil Sumbler on 21:52 - Oct 23 with 1585 viewsPhil_S

fao Phil Sumbler on 21:50 - Oct 23 by Rancid

I've never said this person is a board member because he isn't.He is however a veryb well connected to the club and you only have to look around the stadium to see why.

Ah maybe a shareholder then
fao Phil Sumbler on 21:52 - Oct 23 with 1575 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I thought it was common knowledge Martin Morgan was suffering financially?

Maybe not common knowledge but a strong rumour that has been doing the rounds in Swansea for a while now.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

fao Phil Sumbler on 21:53 - Oct 23 with 1569 viewsJackfath

fao Phil Sumbler on 21:52 - Oct 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Maybe not common knowledge but a strong rumour that has been doing the rounds in Swansea for a while now.

Paper or milk rounds?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

fao Phil Sumbler on 21:54 - Oct 23 with 1565 viewsskippyjack

fao Phil Sumbler on 21:47 - Oct 23 by Rancid

These billionaires don't buy football clubs to make money from.They're toys to them.It's a bit different with us though as we do make a healthy profit.

Maybe he isn't a billionaire.. maybe he runs a well established marketing company in America.. The Premier League and the Swans are a World Wide Brand.. maybe this American wants to take a cheap punt in a world wide brand.. and see how he can market the club around the world... while also establishing his company that's only well known in America.. Huw said commercial.. so I'm just wondering..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

fao Phil Sumbler on 21:55 - Oct 23 with 1561 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

fao Phil Sumbler on 21:53 - Oct 23 by Jackfath

Paper or milk rounds?

I'm going to go with paper.

fao Phil Sumbler on 21:56 - Oct 23 with 1559 viewsouttolunch

fao Phil Sumbler on 21:26 - Oct 23 by jackonicko

So, hypothetically, that's a (b) then.

Hypothetically yes b everytime if i had to make a choice. You are a very ??? person if you think someone should put that before their family and you should be ashamed to bring it up in a reasoned debate . Nothing however surprises me on here anymore.
fao Phil Sumbler on 21:56 - Oct 23 with 1549 viewsRancid

Ok, my last word on this but which member of the board is heavily involved in businesses in the States? Phil will know, I'm sure.Anyway, I was told that said board member is pushing ahead with an American consortium to buy the club out.Nos da!!
Login to get fewer ads

fao Phil Sumbler on 21:58 - Oct 23 with 1538 viewsDr_Winston

So if a major commercial partner wanted to meet on a Saturday he'd f*ck them off to watch a kids game?

Explains why our commercial department still lags behind a lot of other clubs I suppose.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

fao Phil Sumbler on 21:59 - Oct 23 with 1520 viewsDr_Winston

fao Phil Sumbler on 21:56 - Oct 23 by Rancid

Ok, my last word on this but which member of the board is heavily involved in businesses in the States? Phil will know, I'm sure.Anyway, I was told that said board member is pushing ahead with an American consortium to buy the club out.Nos da!!

Katzen.

As the one with the least connection to the area it would be no surprise if he was the first to try and cash out.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

fao Phil Sumbler on 22:00 - Oct 23 with 1502 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I would be truly delighted if it was solely Leigh Dineen who wanted out.

Our club would be better off with him gone and somebody who knows what they are doing him replacing him in his roles at the club.

fao Phil Sumbler on 22:02 - Oct 23 with 1472 viewsNeathJack

fao Phil Sumbler on 22:00 - Oct 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I would be truly delighted if it was solely Leigh Dineen who wanted out.

Our club would be better off with him gone and somebody who knows what they are doing him replacing him in his roles at the club.

Ok, I'm going to regret this but I'll bite.

What roles is he failing in exactly in your opinion?
fao Phil Sumbler on 22:03 - Oct 23 with 1462 viewsjackonicko

fao Phil Sumbler on 21:56 - Oct 23 by outtolunch

Hypothetically yes b everytime if i had to make a choice. You are a very ??? person if you think someone should put that before their family and you should be ashamed to bring it up in a reasoned debate . Nothing however surprises me on here anymore.

Sometimes when you have a responsible, well remunerated, job you have to make sacrifices in order to do that job. Not every weekend, but sometimes it cannot be avoided. I'm sure many on here have faced those difficult decisions.

I only wish I got several weeks notice when these things happened, so I had plenty of time to make arrangements. Or just drive home late on Saturday night.

Due credit therefore has to go to those who don't get paid, but will be at the Q&A representing the club and the trust in their own time, at their own cost, and no doubt making just as huge sacrifices. But who still recognise that it is the right thing to do.
fao Phil Sumbler on 22:06 - Oct 23 with 1440 viewsClinton

fao Phil Sumbler on 21:17 - Oct 23 by Rancid

Well if I could make 10 million plus profit a year from a business then I'd certainly be interested.Wouldn't you?

well I havent got the 95 million in capital to make the investments.
If you have 95 million, there must be less risky ways to make money. Ask Venkys, ask Lerner, Ask Shahid, Ask Tan, Ask that Bolton bloke. Ask Portsmouth, Ask Birmingham, Ask Dave Wotsit at Wigan

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

fao Phil Sumbler on 22:07 - Oct 23 with 1422 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

fao Phil Sumbler on 22:02 - Oct 23 by NeathJack

Ok, I'm going to regret this but I'll bite.

What roles is he failing in exactly in your opinion?

His title is Commercial Director.

For too long our commercial department has made constant mistakes and these mistakes have cost us a lot of money. These mistakes will continue to be made as there is no evidence suggesting anything will change.

He's a successful businessman yes but overseeing the commercial department of a Premier League football club has proven to be a job he is incapable of doing to the very high standards required and if this was any other type of business and he did not have such a cosy relationship with the major shareholders, of which he is one, he'd have been fired.

fao Phil Sumbler on 22:07 - Oct 23 with 1416 viewsRancid

fao Phil Sumbler on 22:06 - Oct 23 by Clinton

If you have 95 million, there must be less risky ways to make money. Ask Venkys, ask Lerner, Ask Shahid, Ask Tan, Ask that Bolton bloke. Ask Portsmouth, Ask Birmingham, Ask Dave Wotsit at Wigan

None of those clubs you mention make or made a profit yet we do which makes us rather lucrative, don't you think?
fao Phil Sumbler on 22:07 - Oct 23 with 1416 viewsskippyjack

fao Phil Sumbler on 22:03 - Oct 23 by jackonicko

Sometimes when you have a responsible, well remunerated, job you have to make sacrifices in order to do that job. Not every weekend, but sometimes it cannot be avoided. I'm sure many on here have faced those difficult decisions.

I only wish I got several weeks notice when these things happened, so I had plenty of time to make arrangements. Or just drive home late on Saturday night.

Due credit therefore has to go to those who don't get paid, but will be at the Q&A representing the club and the trust in their own time, at their own cost, and no doubt making just as huge sacrifices. But who still recognise that it is the right thing to do.

He can do what he wants.. mortgaging his house for the club is responsibility for me.. he risked his families life.. so he's making up for it.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

fao Phil Sumbler on 22:07 - Oct 23 with 1414 viewsouttolunch

fao Phil Sumbler on 21:52 - Oct 23 by Phil_S

Ah maybe a shareholder then

Im am lost now. He isnt a board member but a shareholder ?
fao Phil Sumbler on 22:08 - Oct 23 with 1407 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

fao Phil Sumbler on 22:06 - Oct 23 by Clinton

The Glazers have done very well. You'd struggle to find a better run club in the world since they took over.

fao Phil Sumbler on 22:10 - Oct 23 with 1382 viewsjackonicko

fao Phil Sumbler on 22:07 - Oct 23 by skippyjack

He can do what he wants.. mortgaging his house for the club is responsibility for me.. he risked his families life.. so he's making up for it.

Yes, unfortunately Leigh's memory of events in the film differs from mine, and the corporate memory of Companies House.

Perhaps outtolunch's memory is better?
fao Phil Sumbler on 22:11 - Oct 23 with 1372 viewsRancid

fao Phil Sumbler on 22:08 - Oct 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The Glazers have done very well. You'd struggle to find a better run club in the world since they took over.

Are they making a profit at United?
fao Phil Sumbler on 22:11 - Oct 23 with 1371 viewsNeathJack

fao Phil Sumbler on 22:07 - Oct 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

His title is Commercial Director.

For too long our commercial department has made constant mistakes and these mistakes have cost us a lot of money. These mistakes will continue to be made as there is no evidence suggesting anything will change.

He's a successful businessman yes but overseeing the commercial department of a Premier League football club has proven to be a job he is incapable of doing to the very high standards required and if this was any other type of business and he did not have such a cosy relationship with the major shareholders, of which he is one, he'd have been fired.

Is his title Commercial Director? I though it was Vice Chairman.

http://www.swanseacity.net/club/whos_who/

I know he was in charge of improving the ticketing system over the summer and it has improved hugely on previous seasons.
fao Phil Sumbler on 22:11 - Oct 23 with 1367 viewsPhil_S

fao Phil Sumbler on 22:07 - Oct 23 by outtolunch

Im am lost now. He isnt a board member but a shareholder ?

I don't know that is why I asked the question

Although as you are aware that you do not have to be a shareholder to be a board member and you do not have to be a board member if you are a shareholder
fao Phil Sumbler on 22:13 - Oct 23 with 1339 viewsouttolunch

fao Phil Sumbler on 21:52 - Oct 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

This is now getting a little silly. As usually happens on here. I do not think morgan is in any finacially trouble .
fao Phil Sumbler on 22:13 - Oct 23 with 1327 viewsskippyjack

fao Phil Sumbler on 22:10 - Oct 23 by jackonicko

Yes, unfortunately Leigh's memory of events in the film differs from mine, and the corporate memory of Companies House.

Perhaps outtolunch's memory is better?

I'm not really sure what happened.. I was young...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024