Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
fao Phil Sumbler 16:45 - Oct 23 with 32663 viewsRancid

Is it true that the trust is preventing us from being taken over by an American consortium for 95 million? And the rest of the board want it to go through? I'm not expecting a straight answer btw but I've heard from a very good source at the club.
fao Phil Sumbler on 15:57 - Oct 24 with 2041 viewsUxbridge

fao Phil Sumbler on 15:50 - Oct 24 by _

Apologies about that, I don't know why i did that in particular, I certainly didn't think about it but was also told names are ok to mention on here. You know mine.

First names are fine, if you know them, I think. Always viewed surnames as a no-no.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2014 16:07]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

fao Phil Sumbler on 16:04 - Oct 24 with 2008 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

A thread arguing about being taken over by a billionaire .

Things we could only dream of a few years ago.

Stupendous stuff.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

fao Phil Sumbler on 16:24 - Oct 24 with 1957 viewsDewi1jack

fao Phil Sumbler on 13:30 - Oct 24 by Uxbridge

I think the Trust raising £95m, in this hypothetical scenario, would border on the unlikely.

£95 million seems to be the hypothetical figure for about 49% of the business, according to some of the posts on here.
A commodity is only worth what someone will pay, as we all know. No firm offer and sale then any business is not going to be at a true value.
If the Trust could raise enough cash to even buy 2 or 3% of the shares going on sale (if they are) that makes the business just a little bit less attractive to a potential buyer.
Ergo the share price drops maybe allowing the trust to buy a little more. Or puts off the present shareholders selling, holding on to see if they can engineer a price rise.
It appears that very few of the shareholders could get their hands on £4-5 million to buy a % of shares of another shareholder.
Whereas the Trust and its members, may be able to raise the money (assuming 5000 members, raising about (£700 each - any money the Trust has banked)
Just hypothetical at the mo.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

fao Phil Sumbler on 16:38 - Oct 24 with 1922 viewsperchrockjack

second coming has made a very astute observation in this thread and its something to be concerned about.

We are at a crucial stage in developing our club and please God correct decisions are made

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

fao Phil Sumbler on 19:14 - Oct 24 with 1785 viewsPhil_S

fao Phil Sumbler on 16:24 - Oct 24 by Dewi1jack

£95 million seems to be the hypothetical figure for about 49% of the business, according to some of the posts on here.
A commodity is only worth what someone will pay, as we all know. No firm offer and sale then any business is not going to be at a true value.
If the Trust could raise enough cash to even buy 2 or 3% of the shares going on sale (if they are) that makes the business just a little bit less attractive to a potential buyer.
Ergo the share price drops maybe allowing the trust to buy a little more. Or puts off the present shareholders selling, holding on to see if they can engineer a price rise.
It appears that very few of the shareholders could get their hands on £4-5 million to buy a % of shares of another shareholder.
Whereas the Trust and its members, may be able to raise the money (assuming 5000 members, raising about (£700 each - any money the Trust has banked)
Just hypothetical at the mo.

The issue becomes if the other shareholders believe that each share they own is worth £100. That values even 1% of the club at £1m which is then already out of our reach

The only way around it would be if they wanted their money back but I'm not sure anyone would do that for us?
fao Phil Sumbler on 19:15 - Oct 24 with 1782 viewsDavillin

fao Phil Sumbler on 20:02 - Oct 23 by tomdickharry

We are all waiting with baited breath Phil.

"bated breath," comes as a foreshortened "abated breath," as in "held back" or "holding" one's breath.

"Baited bread" is for catching fish.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

fao Phil Sumbler on 19:41 - Oct 24 with 1734 viewsRebMegJack

Not just another football club THIS IS YOUR CLUB I wonder what next years season ticket box will say.
Same as every other club.fking bollocks,look at what happened when Newcastle came to town,and why when we go to away games everyone is so friendly to us BECAUSE we are a club for the fans run by the fans my arse
Sentiment is a bitch.......

#livingthedream

fao Phil Sumbler on 20:04 - Oct 24 with 1688 viewswestx

A most interesting read and it does appear that my information from a few weeks back was indeed spot on the mark.

There is much defending of Mr Dineen on this thread again by someone 'close to him' but he is not the only one looking to sell - Van Zweden and Katzen are equally keen on the particular sale

It is quite clear that this leak was part of a PR battle but a badly thought out one as the trust clearly cannot block a sale all on their own nor should it be a given that the club should be sold - it is best for the people who want £ms but not necessarily for the club

Oh and just for the record I would like to ask if anyone knows for certain when Mr Dineen remortgaged his house and when he invented in the club as I have heard 2 very different versions

Poll: Would you welcome new owners if the deal was right?

Login to get fewer ads

fao Phil Sumbler on 20:06 - Oct 24 with 1681 viewswestx

And also interested to read the comments about Dineen and the forum in London

Of course family should always come first but as a highly paid employee of the club then he should be working hard on club business?

Is it that unfeasible to go to London and travel back early Sunday morning?

Poll: Would you welcome new owners if the deal was right?

fao Phil Sumbler on 23:28 - Oct 24 with 1519 viewsDavillin

There is a mixed-blessing and a mixed-curse in being an ex-lawyer in that one learns to read the fine print between the lines.

There's been a lot of "fine print between the lines" in this thread, which leads me to interpret them all together as meaning that an offer is indeed in the works and, if it comes to fruition, will result in turmoil in Swansea.

Not within my control, however, which will keep the deadly vortex away from me.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:06 - Oct 25 with 1340 viewsMoscowJack

If it's true that Leigh's said that he's unable to attend due to the Sunday am football which, in my opinion, is the sign of a great family man but not the best idea for the Commercial Director of SCFC. Many of us have to make sacrifices for work, especially when the financial rewards are so high, and I would have thought that this would be an essential part of the job. I've tweeted him to ask if it's true. I hope it's not true as the Commercial Director of SCFC really should be there.

Re. the OP. I would really hope that the Trust would block, as much as is possible, any deal that's put on the table that isn't good for SCFC in the long-run. Rumours of considerable debt being attached to this potential "sale" doesn't fill me with much confidence, if I'm honest.

By the way, when I write "sale", that's what it is, it's not investment. The Board, or some on the Board, are looking to cash-in. Whether that's a one-time sale or structured over many years with relegation, TV income or suchlike clauses, it's still a sale. I hope the Board don't try and dress this up as something it's not.

I'm quite interested in the idea put out in the open by HJ not too long ago of an investor investing with the aim of hugely increasing global revenue, but not if that investor's looking to eventually own 100% of the Club. The Trust HAVE to keep their 21% and, if possible, raise it to 25%.

It's quite obvious that a sale can't be made unless Martin Morgan wants it to happen. If he was strongly against the idea, he could easy sell some of his shares to the Trust (at a "special" price). Between the Trust and MM, they have enough shares to block any sale, I believe.

This will be a huge test of the Board's faith, in my opinion. It will also be a hugely important time for the Trust. It looks like the PR war has started - the Trust REALLY needs to be ready to fight for it's 21% as millions sitting in the bank is going to offer us little protection should the club fall into the wrong hands. All that money can do is help clean up the mess after the fact, which is the last thing we all want.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:10 - Oct 25 with 1336 viewsDr_Winston

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:06 - Oct 25 by MoscowJack

If it's true that Leigh's said that he's unable to attend due to the Sunday am football which, in my opinion, is the sign of a great family man but not the best idea for the Commercial Director of SCFC. Many of us have to make sacrifices for work, especially when the financial rewards are so high, and I would have thought that this would be an essential part of the job. I've tweeted him to ask if it's true. I hope it's not true as the Commercial Director of SCFC really should be there.

Re. the OP. I would really hope that the Trust would block, as much as is possible, any deal that's put on the table that isn't good for SCFC in the long-run. Rumours of considerable debt being attached to this potential "sale" doesn't fill me with much confidence, if I'm honest.

By the way, when I write "sale", that's what it is, it's not investment. The Board, or some on the Board, are looking to cash-in. Whether that's a one-time sale or structured over many years with relegation, TV income or suchlike clauses, it's still a sale. I hope the Board don't try and dress this up as something it's not.

I'm quite interested in the idea put out in the open by HJ not too long ago of an investor investing with the aim of hugely increasing global revenue, but not if that investor's looking to eventually own 100% of the Club. The Trust HAVE to keep their 21% and, if possible, raise it to 25%.

It's quite obvious that a sale can't be made unless Martin Morgan wants it to happen. If he was strongly against the idea, he could easy sell some of his shares to the Trust (at a "special" price). Between the Trust and MM, they have enough shares to block any sale, I believe.

This will be a huge test of the Board's faith, in my opinion. It will also be a hugely important time for the Trust. It looks like the PR war has started - the Trust REALLY needs to be ready to fight for it's 21% as millions sitting in the bank is going to offer us little protection should the club fall into the wrong hands. All that money can do is help clean up the mess after the fact, which is the last thing we all want.

Unless Martin Morgan suddenly finds himself needing to free up cash in order to pay some sort of settlement.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:32 - Oct 25 with 1307 viewsPrivate_Partz

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:10 - Oct 25 by Dr_Winston

Unless Martin Morgan suddenly finds himself needing to free up cash in order to pay some sort of settlement.

It is indeed very worrying times and I could not begin to understand the financial implications of all this.
If a takeover is imminent then I have some sympathy with those who would be prepared to sell. E.g. If you had shares worth 50k then would you refuse to sell if it earned you 5m? Despite their love for the club, family and their future well being would kick in in the vast majority of cases.
We can only hope that a balance is struck and those who make the decision ensure that any future investment / sale is in the best interests of the club.
From an investors point of view I am sure they don't go into a football club to make a profit unless they are looking to sell off the family china. The fact we do not own our ground might work in our favour here as our assets will be less than those who do own their stadiums.
What a club like ours offers is a massive worldwide marketing tool and therefore on field success could potentially be a massive goal for any organisation taking over.
If this is the case then it might not be the disaster many of us fear.
It is a huge risk however and we (supporters and the Trust) need to be prepared for all eventualities. I firmly remain in the status quo camp regardless.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:34 - Oct 25 with 1304 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Hey ho, after the blockbuster film describing how the "fans leaders" saved the rest of the fans favourite football club from the clutches of evil businessmen - the sequel is already beckoning!

"Back to square one" - at a cinema near you in 5 years time

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:59 - Oct 25 with 1274 viewsmax936

fao Phil Sumbler on 09:34 - Oct 25 by Brynmill_Jack

Hey ho, after the blockbuster film describing how the "fans leaders" saved the rest of the fans favourite football club from the clutches of evil businessmen - the sequel is already beckoning!

"Back to square one" - at a cinema near you in 5 years time

"BACK TO SQUARE ONE" Seems a tad dramatic Brynnie, but I agree with your sentimments, the club as been very successful and growing very very well, but with several people with their fingers in the pie, the old pounds shillings and pence signs in some of their eyes was always gonna happen, it always does unfortunatley, despite their apparent love of the Club,

I will add, that we don't know for sure if any of this is talk is 100% correct though and hopefuly it isn't, but this is a good thread fair do's.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2014 10:04]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

fao Phil Sumbler on 10:07 - Oct 25 with 1255 viewsAngelRangelQS

If all the shareholders except the trust wanted to sell, would the trust become compelled to do so?
fao Phil Sumbler on 10:29 - Oct 25 with 1220 viewsMoscowJack

Just to clarify - Leigh's just replied on Twitter to confirm that he will be attending the Trust Fans Forum in London. He's not going to stay and watch the game on Sunday as he's got to be back in Port Talbot. That's a good effort, in my opinion.

I hope people ask the same questions to his face that they're asking on here, not just to show that people aren't keyboard warriors but also because we need to hear the truth and facts.

fao Phil Sumbler on 10:31 - Oct 25 with 1217 viewsCatullus

fao Phil Sumbler on 21:56 - Oct 23 by outtolunch

Hypothetically yes b everytime if i had to make a choice. You are a very ??? person if you think someone should put that before their family and you should be ashamed to bring it up in a reasoned debate . Nothing however surprises me on here anymore.

Even if I had the money and/or the nous, I couldn't be involved at a high level in the Swans.
I would always put my wife and son first! So I can't slate this fella, I would support him!

On the op, it sounds like mischief making to me. But if a rich enough person came in, and we could be certain his intentions were (from our point of view) pure, I wouldn't object.

And after what I've said, if I'd won last night's euromillions, I would be straight on the email to Phil offering to buy more shares for the trust and telling Phil to contact Huw about an interested investor!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

fao Phil Sumbler on 10:48 - Oct 25 with 1196 viewsMoscowJack

Nobody seems to like this question, but I'll ask it on here anyway.......

If someone offered you £5m in cash to stop supporting the Swans today and forever, would you take it?

fao Phil Sumbler on 10:55 - Oct 25 with 1178 viewsFag_Ash_Will

fao Phil Sumbler on 10:48 - Oct 25 by MoscowJack

If someone offered you £5m in cash to stop supporting the Swans today and forever, would you take it?

No brainer.

Come to think of it the lowest I would go is 10 grand, but that's just me.
fao Phil Sumbler on 11:01 - Oct 25 with 1166 viewsreddythered

Deal, that's an easy one for me.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

fao Phil Sumbler on 11:10 - Oct 25 with 1150 viewsmonmouth

Aye funny enough I was thinking something similar. "The dream" was built on failure; success because of money has killed it. The potential rewards are now so far out of kilter with the initial risk that it would be a strange human that didn't secure his or her entire family future (and don't discount wives and family views on this). In Nick's scenario never mind your views, if it were you. what would your wife's view be.

This model would have worked fine in 1981, we might even have gone all the way together like forest. Not now.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

fao Phil Sumbler on 11:10 - Oct 25 with 1149 viewsSpratty

I think most have said they understand why people would want to cash in for such massive profit as they can potentially make. Especially having taken the club so far and now possibly being at an optimum profit v risk point.

It is really a question of are they prepared to take a lesser profit but still a massive one to leave the trust in a strong situation to protect the club in the future, given they started this venture merely as fans trying to save the club. Or are they prepared to go out using all tricks available to maximise their profits at whatever cost. Thorny questions

Given this whole situation and the enormous work of those who also saved our club but will not profit from it in a monetary sense (but massively in other ways - as have we all) then perhaps there is a moral obligation to the former action.

Of course as individuals they will all have different priorities / viewpoints which may cover the whole range of possibilities. As with us were we in their position.

Of course the position of the Trust is clear to protect the club at all costs. Which might include blocking sale by virtue of retaining it's shareholding which might put buyers off totally.

Perhaps there is a middle ground if it seems in the best interests of the club and offers protections when things start to fall apart (as they inevitably do sooner or later)
fao Phil Sumbler on 11:23 - Oct 25 with 1128 viewsRancid

The board are human at the end of the day, done an incredible job for us, will still be Swans fans if they decide to sell and if they do then it'll be to someone with the best intentions for our club.They're no mugs.
fao Phil Sumbler on 11:31 - Oct 25 with 1099 viewsUxbridge

Leigh Dineen has just tweeted to say he's still attending. Well done for fronting up!

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024