Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Curtis Obeng 13:39 - Oct 24 with 869 viewsSweyns_Eye

Loaned to County:

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Curtis-Obeng-joins-Swansea-City-continge

must be make or break soon for the 25 year old?

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Curtis Obeng on 13:42 - Oct 24 with 868 viewsLeonisGod

Break. Been here plenty long enough. If he hasn't stepped up by now he probably never will. He should be looking for regular football in the Championship or L1 if he truly wants to play.
Curtis Obeng on 14:09 - Oct 24 with 831 viewsairedale

Very quick player, could do well in a lower league than the PL.
Curtis Obeng on 16:41 - Oct 24 with 757 viewsJBT95

People might be against B teams put this is a good case for it. That's 3 of our players there now. Why not the whole squad? There could easily be a new League Three of 24 reserve teams for the first season then with Leagues One and Two have the same relegation/promotion process between the three leagues as the teams in those divisions currently do. Or allow 12 conference teams up to the football league? Could have 104 league clubs.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2014 16:44]
Curtis Obeng on 16:54 - Oct 24 with 737 viewshobo

Should let them have him on a free
Curtis Obeng on 17:12 - Oct 24 with 716 viewsMrSwan

He should be due his P45 soon surely?

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Curtis Obeng on 17:17 - Oct 24 with 708 viewsSweyns_Eye

Well if he's not the required standard here then hopefully we can get a fee for him. Or at the very least off the wage bill.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Curtis Obeng on 17:22 - Oct 24 with 703 viewsKilkennyjack

Signed a 3.5 year deal in jan 2012 for £200,000. Never seen him play. The b team argument tramples on football tradition and is widely regarded as complete b@ll@cks. Curtis is 25 and needs to go play for a different football club. Having game time is priority.

Beware of the Risen People

Curtis Obeng on 19:03 - Oct 24 with 626 viewsPrivate_Partz

Curtis Obeng on 16:41 - Oct 24 by JBT95

People might be against B teams put this is a good case for it. That's 3 of our players there now. Why not the whole squad? There could easily be a new League Three of 24 reserve teams for the first season then with Leagues One and Two have the same relegation/promotion process between the three leagues as the teams in those divisions currently do. Or allow 12 conference teams up to the football league? Could have 104 league clubs.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2014 16:44]

Can't see it myself. I think it devalues the lower leagues made up of proud clubs in the best structure in the football world.
My idea is simple. A reserve league for each of the four divisions. Promotion and relegation decided by the first team performance.
Not all clubs could afford to join so it should not be compulsory and there could be a case for combining reserve leagues one and two.
It would help a team like ours no end as it would provide solid like for like competition at a level similar to the old Football Combination.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

Curtis Obeng on 22:11 - Oct 24 with 532 viewsKilkennyjack

Great idea - simple but ideal. The premier league and football league should fund it. Make it happen. Much better for everyone and play at the grounds like the old days.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024