Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude 14:18 - Oct 24 with 1844 viewsswancity

Cannot fault the man.

Tremendous attitude as a player and captain which he now taking with him into his first role as a Manager

Been used to proving the doubters wrong since coming through as a bright and promising 16 year old defender, he is still proving them wrong. And not afraid to challenge authority either. Well done that man - keep it up.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 14:24 - Oct 24 with 1555 viewsperchrockjack

Well, the jury seems to be out right now.

I ve got splinters on this fence anyway

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 14:28 - Oct 24 with 1539 viewsLeonisGod

Agreed (both of you). His love of swansea, passion and work ethic are clear for all to see, but will it be enough....? I very much hope so.
Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 15:47 - Oct 24 with 1464 viewsswancity

Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 14:24 - Oct 24 by perchrockjack

Well, the jury seems to be out right now.

I ve got splinters on this fence anyway

Jury out?

Dont be so silly.

Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 15:49 - Oct 24 with 1454 viewsperchrockjack

Not speaking personally but some most certainly aren't convinced and the evidence is all over this board..

so there

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 16:01 - Oct 24 with 1433 viewstomdickharry

Monk has spoken out in a way many more should have done in the past,of course there are agenda's with clubs who condone diving glad we are one who do not.
Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 16:01 - Oct 24 with 1431 viewsSpratty

Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 15:47 - Oct 24 by swancity

Jury out?

Dont be so silly.

I am sure you will correct me if you disagree - but I might suggest that calling your only respondees silly might not be the best way to beat life into your flagging thread.

On a bit of a downturn with a few probs so difficult to be uber enthusiastic.

He definitely likes to challenge authority - lets hope his players don't take the same view

I doubt Moses sees his attitude as refreshing as he irons the stretches out of his top so I suppose it depends on your POV

Win tomorrow and Tues and bump your thread again - it is all about picking your moment
Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 16:05 - Oct 24 with 1419 viewsjackportis

Future england manager?

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 16:12 - Oct 24 with 1405 viewsswancity

Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 16:01 - Oct 24 by Spratty

I am sure you will correct me if you disagree - but I might suggest that calling your only respondees silly might not be the best way to beat life into your flagging thread.

On a bit of a downturn with a few probs so difficult to be uber enthusiastic.

He definitely likes to challenge authority - lets hope his players don't take the same view

I doubt Moses sees his attitude as refreshing as he irons the stretches out of his top so I suppose it depends on your POV

Win tomorrow and Tues and bump your thread again - it is all about picking your moment

My point was not related to results though

Monk is just asking for two things. Eradication of cheating by implementing suitable punishment and the same treatment for all Clubs from referees whether that club be Man Utd or Swansea or Burnley. And he has the balls to make his feelings known.

By the way, Moses clearly dived. If you cant see that you better nip down to Specasavers pronto.

Login to get fewer ads

Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 16:15 - Oct 24 with 1387 viewsMrSwan

Monk will be one of the best managers in the world in 10 years time managing the swans in a 60 thousand seater stadium beating the likes of Bayern Munich, real and Barcelona.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 16:22 - Oct 24 with 1375 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I applaud his honesty on this subject.

Just don't take your eye off the ball with the job in hand Monk's.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 16:28 - Oct 24 with 1360 viewsSpratty

Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 16:01 - Oct 24 by tomdickharry

Monk has spoken out in a way many more should have done in the past,of course there are agenda's with clubs who condone diving glad we are one who do not.

I don't think an angry rant including swearing and bringing someones family into it is the most constructive way of raising a concern. Good way to take the attention away from a disappointing performance though

I don't see praising your own honesty whilst basing your rant on no contact which is a lie as very honest.

I don't like vilifying an individual player for doing something that is repeatedly accepted as a fair thing to do. When there are many more constructive ways to take this forward.

As I understand from Monk's own interview he had only just sent the dvd off. After calling them off the top of my head unprofessional or something similar, when asked had he phoned to discuss with that person he said no it was his job to phone him. Hardly proactive. Surely there are more positive and ultimately more effective ways to take his admirable aim forward.

Also we have put our players under so much pressure because their every move will be watched and calls for Monk to keep his word and not play them if they are perceived to go down easy. Not what we need with big games coming up.
Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 16:31 - Oct 24 with 1352 viewsSpratty

Ha Dailew cannot possibly have read my post before down arrowing it - I went straight back in after posting and it was already down arrowed - check out the timestamps

Are we condoning such behaviour based on the persons ID

It is getting a little boring now
Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 16:45 - Oct 24 with 1326 viewsSpratty

Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 16:12 - Oct 24 by swancity

Monk is just asking for two things. Eradication of cheating by implementing suitable punishment and the same treatment for all Clubs from referees whether that club be Man Utd or Swansea or Burnley. And he has the balls to make his feelings known.

By the way, Moses clearly dived. If you cant see that you better nip down to Specasavers pronto.

Ah right - should have said

I imagine when you refer to our manager and say 'Cannot fault the man'

Some people are likely to think one of the most important jobs with a quality team is getting them playing to optimum result. Of course there are other important things too but that would be a primary consideration.

I think I clearly said he went down easy. But Garry clearly based his rant on no contact and Angel totally denied contact so then it looks like a case of pot and kettle when there was clear shirt pulling. So perhaps I am not the only one that needs to visit the optician.

Of course the obvious problem you have in trying to stop this sort of thing is how can you say with absolute certainty that any contact of any degree of substance did not unbalance the player and being them down. You can use video but it is not conclusive.

What is certain from watching that video carefully is Angel initiated the shirt pull, it was deliberate and started before the fall was initiated and still had it in his hand as Moses went too his knees. It was a deliberate attempt to impede him. If he had gone down with no contact different matter.
Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 17:15 - Oct 24 with 1276 viewsWarwickHunt

Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 16:15 - Oct 24 by MrSwan

Monk will be one of the best managers in the world in 10 years time managing the swans in a 60 thousand seater stadium beating the likes of Bayern Munich, real and Barcelona.

Your dealer. Number please.
Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 18:06 - Oct 24 with 1222 viewsApeShit

Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 16:12 - Oct 24 by swancity

So you don't think Rangel was grabbing his shirt and pulling him downwards?
Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 18:55 - Oct 24 with 1155 viewsswancity

Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 18:06 - Oct 24 by ApeShit

So you don't think Rangel was grabbing his shirt and pulling him downwards?

No I don't

Rangel did grab hold of the shirt. however, anyone who has played football at any competitive level will know that was not enough to throw him forward as he did. he dived forward. he was not tugged backwards which a shirt pull may have done. he lunged forward.

It's the Robbie Savage argument to suggest otherwise. Only Moses will know really what happened though and he is unlikely to say he did dive when the best cheat of all is his club manager.

Get real boys mun FFS.

Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 18:57 - Oct 24 with 1151 viewsswancity

Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 16:28 - Oct 24 by Spratty

I don't think an angry rant including swearing and bringing someones family into it is the most constructive way of raising a concern. Good way to take the attention away from a disappointing performance though

I don't see praising your own honesty whilst basing your rant on no contact which is a lie as very honest.

I don't like vilifying an individual player for doing something that is repeatedly accepted as a fair thing to do. When there are many more constructive ways to take this forward.

As I understand from Monk's own interview he had only just sent the dvd off. After calling them off the top of my head unprofessional or something similar, when asked had he phoned to discuss with that person he said no it was his job to phone him. Hardly proactive. Surely there are more positive and ultimately more effective ways to take his admirable aim forward.

Also we have put our players under so much pressure because their every move will be watched and calls for Monk to keep his word and not play them if they are perceived to go down easy. Not what we need with big games coming up.

God you must be fine to live with you boring twonk.

Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 19:03 - Oct 24 with 1138 viewsRancid

Any contact in the box and players go down nowadays.Sad but true.You're better off letting the attacking player get his cross in or shot off than try to tackle him and make contact.Sounds nuts don't it?!?
Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 19:14 - Oct 24 with 1120 viewsmonmouth

Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 19:03 - Oct 24 by Rancid

Any contact in the box and players go down nowadays.Sad but true.You're better off letting the attacking player get his cross in or shot off than try to tackle him and make contact.Sounds nuts don't it?!?

Aye. What's more frustrating about this is that nothing was impeding the cheat from getting his shot away unencumbered, he simply decided to blatantly cheat instead.

(oh, and don't anyone give me that pull back on his shirt sh1te, or I will laugh in your internet face. He wont even have known it was happening, it certainly didn't impede him from hurling himself forward when being supposedly pulled backwards).

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 19:19 - Oct 24 with 1106 viewsswancity

Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 19:03 - Oct 24 by Rancid

Sad but true. Yes. And that is exactly the point that Monk is trying to make. Quite honestly this cheating stuff only started in the uk when foreign players started to brag about 'perfecting the art'.

Again, well done Monk YJB.

Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 19:59 - Oct 24 with 1049 viewsSpratty

Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 18:57 - Oct 24 by swancity

God you must be fine to live with you boring twonk.

Great argument - is personal abuse all you have left?

It's just that when I feel there’s been an injustice... things needs to be said

I thought we really admired that

BTW - Newtons laws of motion may be helpful to some

I suppose the fact that his shirt was pulled down and he fell to his knees first kinda figures. Impede does not mean stop and reverse the motion but as the motion of his body would be greater him continuing forward would make sense.

I think he would be in no doubt that Angel had hold of his shirt, he even seems to put his arm out to try and fend him off. I have little doubt that is the reason he went to ground.

I await with trepidation having my internet face laughed into.
Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 20:12 - Oct 24 with 1024 viewsswancity

Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 19:59 - Oct 24 by Spratty

Great argument - is personal abuse all you have left?

It's just that when I feel there’s been an injustice... things needs to be said

I thought we really admired that

BTW - Newtons laws of motion may be helpful to some

I suppose the fact that his shirt was pulled down and he fell to his knees first kinda figures. Impede does not mean stop and reverse the motion but as the motion of his body would be greater him continuing forward would make sense.

I think he would be in no doubt that Angel had hold of his shirt, he even seems to put his arm out to try and fend him off. I have little doubt that is the reason he went to ground.

I await with trepidation having my internet face laughed into.

Sorry nothing exciting to add apart from you are far too boring for words. And i mean far too boring, off the scale of boringness in fact. Good night.

Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 20:20 - Oct 24 with 1011 viewsRancid

Monk spoke after the game as a Swans fan and not a Premier league manager.I've no problem with that at all because he'll learn from it.Jerome cheated, every pundit has said it, every football fan has said it, Mark Hughes and Jerome know it and I've no problem with Garry's comments post match as long as he learns to be more savvy and clever when this happens again.I really think he has it in him to learn from this and next time approach it differently and use it to our advantage.As things stand we now have Nigel Pearson chipping in with his two penneth on how difficult a referees job is which is an advantage to Leicester even before a ball is kicked come Saturday.Monk hasn't earned his stripes yet to be making comments like he did and for them to be respected and taken on board.
Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 23:02 - Oct 24 with 859 viewsSpratty

Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 20:12 - Oct 24 by swancity

Sorry nothing exciting to add apart from you are far too boring for words. And i mean far too boring, off the scale of boringness in fact. Good night.

Thank you I aim to excel
Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 11:14 - Oct 25 with 747 viewsRancid

Garry Monk - Refreshing attitude on 20:20 - Oct 24 by Rancid

Monk spoke after the game as a Swans fan and not a Premier league manager.I've no problem with that at all because he'll learn from it.Jerome cheated, every pundit has said it, every football fan has said it, Mark Hughes and Jerome know it and I've no problem with Garry's comments post match as long as he learns to be more savvy and clever when this happens again.I really think he has it in him to learn from this and next time approach it differently and use it to our advantage.As things stand we now have Nigel Pearson chipping in with his two penneth on how difficult a referees job is which is an advantage to Leicester even before a ball is kicked come Saturday.Monk hasn't earned his stripes yet to be making comments like he did and for them to be respected and taken on board.

What the f**k was I on about posting this last night? It wasn't even Jerome it was Moses and the rest is bollox as well.Didn't get a down arrow either.C'mon lads shape up issit!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024