Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread 03:23 - Oct 25 with 10150 viewsjackharris

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 16:36 - Oct 25 with 1941 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 16:32 - Oct 25 by dailew

Fabianski, Rangel, Fernandez, Williams (C), Taylor, Ki, Shelvey, Sigurdsson, Routledge, Montero, Bony.

Tremmel, Bartley, Shephard, Carroll, Dyer, Emnes, Gomis.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2014 16:33]

Like that side. Great post!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 16:36 - Oct 25 with 1941 viewsRancid

We've been lulled into a false sense of security since we won at Old Trafford.A performance like the West Brom win and we should beat these today.We've been awful in the 2nd half in almost every game since, yet very good in the first halves or 30-35 minutes.Opposition managers are obviously changing things at half time and before and it's clearly working to their advantage.Monk needs to be aware of this and observe what they've changed and then counteract it ASAP instead of just carrying on in the same vein as the first half.Just bringing on Montero, Gomis or Emnes and hoping they can do something isn't enough.

I know he's inexperienced but he needs to learn quickly and see what the opposition have changed tactically and then change things himself tactically and not necessarily by keeping the same formation and just bring on like for like.He'll get there I'm sure but needs to be more aware of what the other side are doing and not just concentrate on us.
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 16:42 - Oct 25 with 1908 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 16:36 - Oct 25 by Rancid

We've been lulled into a false sense of security since we won at Old Trafford.A performance like the West Brom win and we should beat these today.We've been awful in the 2nd half in almost every game since, yet very good in the first halves or 30-35 minutes.Opposition managers are obviously changing things at half time and before and it's clearly working to their advantage.Monk needs to be aware of this and observe what they've changed and then counteract it ASAP instead of just carrying on in the same vein as the first half.Just bringing on Montero, Gomis or Emnes and hoping they can do something isn't enough.

I know he's inexperienced but he needs to learn quickly and see what the opposition have changed tactically and then change things himself tactically and not necessarily by keeping the same formation and just bring on like for like.He'll get there I'm sure but needs to be more aware of what the other side are doing and not just concentrate on us.

The thing is that inexperience shouldn't present itself in team formation / tactics. As an experienced player this should be second nature to him. Others can see it, why not him?

Inexperience can show itself in player management and handling different egos though.

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 16:58 - Oct 25 with 1840 viewsRancid

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 16:42 - Oct 25 by union_jack

The thing is that inexperience shouldn't present itself in team formation / tactics. As an experienced player this should be second nature to him. Others can see it, why not him?

Inexperience can show itself in player management and handling different egos though.

It's the changing of tactics i was aiming at.He sets us out initially really well but then other managers change their formations because we're overruning them, the Chelsea game for example.Mourinho changed things after 35 minutes and turned the game on its head and we had no answer.Even Sean Dyche and Burnley out thought us and we just about hung on.Monk atm is keeping us the same for 90 minutes and we're paying the price.He needs to be prepared for this and see how the opposition have changed things and then change things himself to combat it.
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:08 - Oct 25 with 1784 viewsunion_jack

Vary v Taylor could be interesting?

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:10 - Oct 25 with 1775 viewsRancid

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:08 - Oct 25 by union_jack

Who's Vary? Is he a speedy winger?
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:20 - Oct 25 with 1717 viewsC_jack

Pearson asking for the goals to be measured? wtf?

Shenanigans

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:28 - Oct 25 with 1667 viewsRancid

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:08 - Oct 25 by union_jack

Vardy ya melt
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:31 - Oct 25 with 1643 viewsRancid

How odd.I wonder if they hit the post he'll complain post match it'd gone in had the goalposts been the right size?
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:48 - Oct 25 with 1514 viewsBLAZE

They have been abysmal in possession so far. Long may it continue
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:53 - Oct 25 with 1483 viewsRancid

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:48 - Oct 25 by BLAZE

They have been abysmal in possession so far. Long may it continue

Not so much now.
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:57 - Oct 25 with 1450 viewsRancid

Montero's the dogs bollocks.He's going to make their fullback ill by the end of the match
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 17:57 - Oct 25 with 1449 viewsdickythorpe

We have to score soon!!!
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 18:05 - Oct 25 with 1385 viewsBLAZE

Get the fugg in. Absolute class
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 18:05 - Oct 25 with 1385 viewsdickythorpe

Thank feck for that!!!!Bony!!!!!!!
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 18:06 - Oct 25 with 1343 viewsRancid

3 in 3 now. Guess who's back?
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 18:06 - Oct 25 with 1339 viewsWarwickHunt

Peach!
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 18:08 - Oct 25 with 1301 viewsBLAZE

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 18:06 - Oct 25 by Rancid

3 in 3 now. Guess who's back?

He hasn't been away! I think his all round play this season is even better than last. I know what you're saying though, all he was missing was the goals. Outstanding player.
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 18:08 - Oct 25 with 1300 viewsRancid

This is now where we need to kill them off and not do what we've been doing lately and allowing them back into it.The jugular, straight for it!!!!
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 18:11 - Oct 25 with 1272 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Taylor is having a very poor game.
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 18:13 - Oct 25 with 1253 viewsRancid

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 18:11 - Oct 25 by A_Fans_Dad

Taylor is having a very poor game.

Not much chemistry with Montero of yet.
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 18:24 - Oct 25 with 1136 viewsRancid

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 18:08 - Oct 25 by BLAZE

He hasn't been away! I think his all round play this season is even better than last. I know what you're saying though, all he was missing was the goals. Outstanding player.

Yep he's a better team player this season for sure.His first touch has improved a hell of a lot and combine that with goals and he's one of the best strikers around.

Oh and he's ours!
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 18:24 - Oct 25 with 1132 viewsjacksfullaces

hope they have got el classic on in the dressing room

team in white on top, might counteract our usual half time nightmare of coming out and being put on the back foot - convince them there was no half time!
The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 18:25 - Oct 25 with 1128 viewsSwansNZ

Ki is playing very well again.

Let's hope we come out and try to win the 2nd half, and not sit back. Leicester surely will be more attacking 2nd half.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2014 18:31]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Swansea City v Leicester City Matchday Thread on 18:28 - Oct 25 with 1087 viewsMrSwan

If they don't sub De Laet he will tier and Montero will hand him his arse, i fear for him.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024