Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football League Show & Ipswich '82 00:16 - Oct 26 with 913 viewsTNT

They're purring about the Ipswich team of that era... and yes, they were very good, but that'll be the team we beat 2-3 away? Anyone else remember that great win?
[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 0:17]

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Football League Show & Ipswich '82 on 01:21 - Oct 26 with 855 viewsWatchman

The best game of football I have ever seen. First time I ever witnessed us being applauded off by the home fans
Tosh played a 3-5-2

Superb game of football

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Football League Show & Ipswich '82 on 07:17 - Oct 26 with 761 viewssomersetsimon

Football League Show & Ipswich '82 on 01:21 - Oct 26 by Watchman

The best game of football I have ever seen. First time I ever witnessed us being applauded off by the home fans
Tosh played a 3-5-2

Superb game of football

I can remember following the score on Grandstand. With a few minutes to go we were winning 1-0. Then when the vidiprinter started printing the final score, it came out with...Ipswich Town 2.....(oh no!)............Swansea City 3 (!!!!).

Am I remembering right that the score went from 0-1 to 1-1 to 2-1 to 2-2 to 2-3 in about the last 3 minutes?
Football League Show & Ipswich '82 on 08:11 - Oct 26 with 713 viewsScoobyWho

I'm pretty sure we went top after that game too ? Curtis scored a cracker.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Football League Show & Ipswich '82 on 08:16 - Oct 26 with 705 viewsmonmouth

Football League Show & Ipswich '82 on 08:11 - Oct 26 by ScoobyWho

I'm pretty sure we went top after that game too ? Curtis scored a cracker.

Ironcally, it was winning at Stoke that put us top I think? Gary Stanley?

But yeah, that Curt goal was something special. I wish it was recorded. bending left foot first time shot after some intricate passing around the area if I remember right.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Football League Show & Ipswich '82 on 08:25 - Oct 26 with 684 viewsScoobyWho

Football League Show & Ipswich '82 on 08:16 - Oct 26 by monmouth

Ironcally, it was winning at Stoke that put us top I think? Gary Stanley?

But yeah, that Curt goal was something special. I wish it was recorded. bending left foot first time shot after some intricate passing around the area if I remember right.

I remember Stoke was the first time that we went on top that season with Latchfords header and Garry scoring ? ( again I think ) ?
But I'm sure this game put us back on top.

Either way they were superb days and only matched now by the current crop.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Football League Show & Ipswich '82 on 08:39 - Oct 26 with 663 viewsStarsky

Football League Show & Ipswich '82 on 01:21 - Oct 26 by Watchman

Tosh played a 3-5-2

Superb game of football

For some reason I remember the Ipswich cheerleaders as well.

It's just the internet, init.

Football League Show & Ipswich '82 on 12:06 - Oct 26 with 577 viewsswanaway

I'd been living in Ipswich for 3 years then and watched a lot of their European games. They were a brilliant team on their day but Swansea deserved the win and I had a lot of praise from work colleagues who were shocked at how good we were! The following season I managed to get tickets from Jeremy Charles who had a relative living nearby. He had one of the finest collections of Swansea Pottery in the world at that time.
Football League Show & Ipswich '82 on 12:23 - Oct 26 with 553 viewsairedale

I used to hate/fear that little git that played for them, Eric something. He spoiled my day one day down the Vetch.
Login to get fewer ads

Football League Show & Ipswich '82 on 12:48 - Oct 26 with 529 viewssnork44

That was Eric Gates. But that was a fantastic game, we were in the away end and the Curtis goal was special! One of best away game you will ever see a Swansea ever play. I remember walking out and an Ipswich fan had David Johnson badges on her scarf and I asked her why she didn't have a Paul Mariner badge on the scarf and reply was that Mariner was 'feckin crap' ! Football fans were fickle than are they are now!
[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 17:29]

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Football League Show & Ipswich '82 on 13:07 - Oct 26 with 502 viewsVARDREJACK

Football League Show & Ipswich '82 on 07:17 - Oct 26 by somersetsimon

I can remember following the score on Grandstand. With a few minutes to go we were winning 1-0. Then when the vidiprinter started printing the final score, it came out with...Ipswich Town 2.....(oh no!)............Swansea City 3 (!!!!).

Am I remembering right that the score went from 0-1 to 1-1 to 2-1 to 2-2 to 2-3 in about the last 3 minutes?

Curtis 7 mins, Mariner 53 mins, Latchford 63 mins, Murhen 81 mins, Stanley 83 mins
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024