Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a wonderful man 11:57 - Oct 29 with 818 viewsCountyJim

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29798434

What a wonderful man on 12:34 - Oct 29 with 767 viewsCurcubita_Ultra

There is a statue of him sat reading a book of the photos of the children he saved at Maidenhead station. I see it every day on the way into and out of work and it's a timely reminder that for all the evil scum and d1ckheads in the world there is, in all of us, the capacity for great humanity and heroism...

Well deserved Sir Nick....
[Post edited 29 Oct 2014 12:37]
What a wonderful man on 12:35 - Oct 29 with 766 viewsSwanzay

Yes an amazing story and to think he kept his actions quiet for all that time till his wife found his 'book'.
I remember watching Ester R covering his story on 'Thats Life' back in the 80s when it originally aired.
What a wonderful man on 09:57 - Oct 31 with 571 viewsCatullus

I read about this wonderful man a while back. To me he signifies all the good that man can be.
Without fear for his personal safety, he saved children from the Nazi. At a time when our stupid politicians surely knew what was happening, but turned a blind eye. Hell, they even turned a ship load of Jews around and sent them back, mostly to their deaths.
Its so sad that mankind can be this good but so often chooses to be so bad.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

What a wonderful man on 10:22 - Oct 31 with 555 viewsLohengrin

What a wonderful man on 09:57 - Oct 31 by Catullus

I read about this wonderful man a while back. To me he signifies all the good that man can be.
Without fear for his personal safety, he saved children from the Nazi. At a time when our stupid politicians surely knew what was happening, but turned a blind eye. Hell, they even turned a ship load of Jews around and sent them back, mostly to their deaths.
Its so sad that mankind can be this good but so often chooses to be so bad.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28814555

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024