Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage 14:03 - Oct 29 with 14025 viewsthomasJack

Garry Monk's wife has taken to Twitter to vent her anger after a fan dropped off a letter at their house criticising her husband's management of the Swans.

Lexy Blackwell says she is appalled someone would visit their family home rather than contact the Swans boss via the club.

She posted earlier today: "Absolutely incensed a neighbour has the audacity2hand deliver a letter moaning at Garry's handling of things/everything he's doing wrong.

"If u want2talk2him go2the Swans.Don't come2my childrens home. Or better still,as u think u know better than him,y don't u become a manager."

The Swans lost 2-1 away at Liverpool last night in the Capital One Cup.

But they have had a successful start to the season and are sitting in sixth place in the Barclays Premier League having won four, drawn two and lost three of their opening nine games.

Read more: http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Gary-Monk-s-wife-fury-fan-drops-letter-h
Follow us: @SWEveningPost on Twitter | SWEveningPost on Facebook

Poll: Next signing

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 23:37 - Oct 29 with 2329 viewsperchrockjack

It's modern life to involve social media.

It's not excuse for the no head who did that.

We really do gave utter clowns .

Frankly, if I was monk s missus, i d be looking at leaving swansea and get a job elsewhere.

We really domshuite on our own

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 23:40 - Oct 29 with 2323 viewsScoobyWho

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 23:34 - Oct 29 by NeiltheTaylor

Apparently the abuse his family was getting was part of Kenny Jacketts decision to go.

I thought that was the Swansea board sacking him ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 23:42 - Oct 29 with 2315 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I think it was a bit of both hence the "mutual agreement"

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 23:43 - Oct 29 with 2314 viewsMorganator100

My view is:-
1. Whoever the neighbour was who took round a letter to complain about Garry Monk was out of order and needs to have a serious word with himself/herself.

2. Though she was angry she would have been better off not going on to twitter and having a rant. This will now get picked up by the papers.

3. We move on and hopefully everyone concerned learns from the episode.
Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 23:49 - Oct 29 with 2299 viewsScoobyWho

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 23:42 - Oct 29 by NeiltheTaylor

I think it was a bit of both hence the "mutual agreement"

I'm struggling to recall the actual events of the time, I do remember a number of phone ins calling for his head. Cheers

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 23:54 - Oct 29 with 2272 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 23:49 - Oct 29 by ScoobyWho

I'm struggling to recall the actual events of the time, I do remember a number of phone ins calling for his head. Cheers

im vague on the details now too, but I remember some stories doing the rounds, his son getting hassled in school or his missus down the shops or something.

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 23:58 - Oct 29 with 2264 viewsPozuelosSideys

Been picked up and put on the BBC sports pages now too. How embarrassing this must be for Monk?!

Seriously though, who the fck hand delivers a letter to the managers house telling him hes been doing a poor job? He hasnt been, and the sheer audacity needed for somebody to do that is unreal. Who the fck do they think they are? Think Monk should pop a letter back through his door telling him how crap he is at his job - see what happens then!

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 00:01 - Oct 30 with 2259 viewsTNT

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 23:34 - Oct 29 by NeiltheTaylor

Apparently the abuse his family was getting was part of Kenny Jacketts decision to go.

I wasn't talking about Jackett, pal.

I was talking about Colin Appleton.

Maybe that's before your time?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Login to get fewer ads

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 00:03 - Oct 30 with 2252 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 00:01 - Oct 30 by TNT

I wasn't talking about Jackett, pal.

I was talking about Colin Appleton.

Maybe that's before your time?

It was, thankfully it seems!

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 00:14 - Oct 30 with 2238 viewsTNT

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 00:03 - Oct 30 by NeiltheTaylor

It was, thankfully it seems!

Absolutely,

If anyone wants to have a go at Garry Monk / Huw Jenkins, speak to the hardy souls that went week in / week out, supporting The Swans, when Colin Appleton / Doug Sharpe were in charge.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 01:19 - Oct 30 with 2217 viewsdameedna

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 19:35 - Oct 29 by ScoobyWho

Because she slagged off Swansea last time and pi ssed off a lot of local people. She is a tool.

She doesn't mind the cash she enjoys in the city of Swansea nor the lifestyle, well, at least now, before Garry was known to many she hated it.

Leach.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2014 19:37]

Nothing wrong with outsiders not liking the place but she should keep it to herself
Hoefully the letter is sent by someone with a sense of humour
If she lived in my area I would love to drop off a letter just to see the reaction
Job done
Get on with it
Might drop one off myself asking if Garry can go back to wearing his shell suit
Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 05:28 - Oct 30 with 2181 viewsicecoldjack

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 20:20 - Oct 29 by Darran

I didn't think you would.
Oh well.

Didn't think you would either.

Oh well .
Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 06:23 - Oct 30 with 2165 viewsdgt73

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 19:35 - Oct 29 by ScoobyWho

Because she slagged off Swansea last time and pi ssed off a lot of local people. She is a tool.

She doesn't mind the cash she enjoys in the city of Swansea nor the lifestyle, well, at least now, before Garry was known to many she hated it.

Leach.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2014 19:37]

Pi$$ed people off ???? Name me one person who was genuinely pi$$ed off apart from sad jealous people such as yourself. She made previous comments regarding Swansea after some c*nt burgled her home. Get a life you sad tw@t.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 08:41 - Oct 30 with 2097 viewsswans11

Guess she says neighbour as most people would not know where he lives.
Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 09:11 - Oct 30 with 2070 views_

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 19:50 - Oct 29 by icecoldjack

Yeah a lot. as every s other wife/girlfriend of a swans player in the last 20 yrs has tended to keep things off popular media.

One exception being Helen flannigan who in fairness actually was a bigger star than scott sinclair at the time .

I don't agree with what was done but she should use her brain and keep a dignified silence, it serves no purpose to moan on the internet and be negative unless your name is Darran .

Well said. Excellent post.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 09:12 - Oct 30 with 2067 views_

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 19:54 - Oct 29 by Darran

So can you list this lot then please?

TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 09:17 - Oct 30 with 2063 views_

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 22:46 - Oct 29 by AngelRangelQS

She's entitled to have a moan if she wants. Someone has turned up at her house and posted a letter criticising her husband. My missus would be annoyed as would anyone else's. Equally, I'd be pissed off if it was her doing it.

Garry has been a fantastic servant for this club, worked his arse off and is doing a good job (not that it really matters). She's seen first hand all his hard work so I can see why she'd be wound up about it.

People slagging her off or questioning her intelligence because of the grammar she's used seriously need to get a f*cking life.

Yeah, she can do what she wants... I mean Twitter is open to the general public as far as I know.

But she also leaves herself wide open for people to have an opinion on her. And let's face it, she's not short of one herself is she?

Do you think Monk would approve of this rant? Well, after recent events maybe he would but I'd like to think not and that he's horrified by her reaction because it's bloody ridiculous.

I don't even know the lady but I've somehow formed an opinion on her when I would never have before...and it's not a very nice one.

Simple maths.

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 09:18 - Oct 30 with 2060 viewsblaine_scfc

Although I said yesterday that I could understand how p*ssed off she is, I have got to say it's a bit embarrassing now Sky Sports have picked up the story. I have a feeling Monk is too, as she has removed her twitter account by the looks.
Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 09:35 - Oct 30 with 2035 views_

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 09:18 - Oct 30 by blaine_scfc

Although I said yesterday that I could understand how p*ssed off she is, I have got to say it's a bit embarrassing now Sky Sports have picked up the story. I have a feeling Monk is too, as she has removed her twitter account by the looks.

No shit Sherlock....

No good could have come from this whatsoever.

I wrote a letter to Frankie Burrows once complaining about 4-5-1 Haha. Got a reply too and still got it. If I'd have lived closer I may have popped it in, save a stamp 😉

Football today... Not in the real world. I wonder if Monk will reply like Frankie did?
[Post edited 30 Oct 2014 9:38]

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 10:05 - Oct 30 with 1978 viewsicecoldjack

I think everyone agrees that sending a letter to his house to have a moan is daft, the problem is lexy taking the bait .

As a pro footballer this will be water off a ducks back for monk, its one of the reasons they get such fantastic money,they kinda become public property and everyone will have an opinion of them good or bad.

If his wife suddenly thinks this is all too much then i can understand but she must consider she has the millions in the bank for a reason !

Its called taking the rough with the smooth, we all deal with it from time to time but as a wife of a very successful footballer/manager her "rough" is still better than most peoples "smooth"

She should keep a dignified silence and not make garrys job any harder by moaning on social media, it will just become a troll fest and things then spiral out of control.

If she had just said nothing then there would be no mass hysteria!

Amyway, maybe the letter was very insightful, it wasnt signed by a MR M Laudrup was it ? Lol

Move on lexy and Raise above the trolls.
Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 10:09 - Oct 30 with 1971 viewsperchrockjack

Morning ice. That's one way to look at it..
Could I ask , if you re married, what your missus would do.

Im pretty certain what mine would do,blessher..

Social media is everyday life now and its what is done.

I MEAN, we re on on here, faceless,feckless and fawning over each "great post" but if you think about it,its stupid.

We do it because its 2014 and its what we do. Imagine sending little text messages 30 years ago to say what time you ll be home for dinner

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 10:33 - Oct 30 with 1944 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If I'd written a letter to the manager every time I disagreed with one of his decisions over the years Warren Buffett would have advised buying shares in Basildon Bond.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 10:46 - Oct 30 with 1930 viewsicecoldjack

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 10:09 - Oct 30 by perchrockjack

Morning ice. That's one way to look at it..
Could I ask , if you re married, what your missus would do.

Im pretty certain what mine would do,blessher..

Social media is everyday life now and its what is done.

I MEAN, we re on on here, faceless,feckless and fawning over each "great post" but if you think about it,its stupid.

We do it because its 2014 and its what we do. Imagine sending little text messages 30 years ago to say what time you ll be home for dinner

Morning perch.

For one ,ymwife would probably not open a letter that wernt addressed to her ! Lol

The second would be that knowing my buisness is an emotional one(being in monks situation) she would have seen abuse from the terraces for years and clearly understood that one week you are god the next week you are satan!

A pro footballer gets massive rewards(ok not all) and with that comes a price, you are to a degree publically owned, you have 20,000 bosses who think they know it all, you understand most are cluless but its part of the job .

As a supportive wife you support what your husband is doing but more importantly understand how special his job is too.

Getting the odd strongly worded letter is ok when you are getting 25k a week and bonuses to match, thats the rub, along with moving around the country from club to club which most of them do .

My wife would understand the perspective of it all and see that the high rewards and financial gain will come at the price of an occasional letter or a few verbal outbursts when attending a game.
Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 10:55 - Oct 30 with 1908 viewsperchrockjack

good post ice. Class act.

I see your point and it makes sense..

However, my beautiful partner of many years, wouldn't be too bothered about collaring anyone who came to our door with such shite and cheek and kneeing the said dickhead in the testicles.

I worry more about people who act as this perick did than of Monks missus reaction.

There again, if I was Monk, I might just send her to the bedroom for some disciplinary action

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 11:07 - Oct 30 with 1899 viewsicecoldjack

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 10:55 - Oct 30 by perchrockjack

good post ice. Class act.

I see your point and it makes sense..

However, my beautiful partner of many years, wouldn't be too bothered about collaring anyone who came to our door with such shite and cheek and kneeing the said dickhead in the testicles.

I worry more about people who act as this perick did than of Monks missus reaction.

There again, if I was Monk, I might just send her to the bedroom for some disciplinary action

IMO perch she seems like she enjoys getting involved, being a "journalist" And having a masters in media she probably feels very comfortable in that social media environment, but she could also be a little bit too gobby forvher own good, swansea is a small place and players/managers taking stick is part and parcel.

She seems like an intelligent woman which is why i find it a bit weird that she thinks venting off in public is the right thing to do when her husband is a premoer league manager of the swans.

If her profession is in the media she more than anyone should know that saying the right thing at the right time is critical when you/husband are in the public eye.

Even dull footballers know not to say anything of note when using social media or giving interviews! It aint the rant itself its what comes along with the rant when the mass media gets involved, therefore she jut bettr keeping. Dignified silence, unless of course she secretly craves attention .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024