Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage 14:03 - Oct 29 with 14028 viewsthomasJack

Garry Monk's wife has taken to Twitter to vent her anger after a fan dropped off a letter at their house criticising her husband's management of the Swans.

Lexy Blackwell says she is appalled someone would visit their family home rather than contact the Swans boss via the club.

She posted earlier today: "Absolutely incensed a neighbour has the audacity2hand deliver a letter moaning at Garry's handling of things/everything he's doing wrong.

"If u want2talk2him go2the Swans.Don't come2my childrens home. Or better still,as u think u know better than him,y don't u become a manager."

The Swans lost 2-1 away at Liverpool last night in the Capital One Cup.

But they have had a successful start to the season and are sitting in sixth place in the Barclays Premier League having won four, drawn two and lost three of their opening nine games.

Read more: http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Gary-Monk-s-wife-fury-fan-drops-letter-h
Follow us: @SWEveningPost on Twitter | SWEveningPost on Facebook

Poll: Next signing

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 11:18 - Oct 30 with 1811 viewsLord_Bony

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 23:43 - Oct 29 by Morganator100

My view is:-
1. Whoever the neighbour was who took round a letter to complain about Garry Monk was out of order and needs to have a serious word with himself/herself.

2. Though she was angry she would have been better off not going on to twitter and having a rant. This will now get picked up by the papers.

3. We move on and hopefully everyone concerned learns from the episode.

She should have kept quite.

Now we ll have every pscho babbling country bumpkin fckwit from miles around wanting to do the same thing to get a piece of attention.

She has drawn attention to the family home...not good.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 11:28 - Oct 30 with 1799 views_

And also, it's not the end of the world, is it?

It's a letter FFS!!! I mean, it's strange someone felt the need to send it with being so well placed in the league, but it's harmless as far as we know.

If the letter was abusive then that's a police matter - if it's a "fan letter" venting off then so what?! She could have just said politely to send any further letters to the club.

Frankie Burrows sent me a four page reply to my complaint of 4-5-1 and went DEEP into tactics with me. Now look at his foresight all the while back then - impressive, eh!?

A lot on here weren't even bothered with us then. No such thing as "hard miles" from some. The Swans meant nothing, didn't give two hoots.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2014 11:45]

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 11:35 - Oct 30 with 1791 viewsjohnjackswan

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 19:50 - Oct 29 by icecoldjack

Yeah a lot. as every s other wife/girlfriend of a swans player in the last 20 yrs has tended to keep things off popular media.

One exception being Helen flannigan who in fairness actually was a bigger star than scott sinclair at the time .

I don't agree with what was done but she should use her brain and keep a dignified silence, it serves no purpose to moan on the internet and be negative unless your name is Darran .

I feel compelled to post as I follow a lot of wives, not just of footballers on Twitter. And she certainly isn't the only one who has her say on it. I'm not saying what she did wasn't clever but to say she is the only one isn't very fair. If you remember Cotterill - his ex wife always had a lot to say and his divorce was practically played out on it. Neil Taylor's likes to have her say now and again. Let's not forget Twitter hasn't been around for the last 20 years and she may not be the only managers wife with an opinion if there were more 20/30 year old mangers.

Surely the point she made was about going to her house. I suspect she has just probably been naive to the drama her opinion would have caused.

But callng her a tool, a leach, an attention seeker because of this and because she said she didn't want to be in Swansea after she got burgled!!!! How nasty. Let's hope she doesn't read this forum because I suspect she will probably feel the same again after most of these comments
Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 11:42 - Oct 30 with 1773 viewsjackonicko

I'm with Mrs Monk on this to be honest (apart from the illiterate tweet, but I'm old school!)

There is a clear division between home life and work. I would be furious if a work client decided to pop round my house to complain about the service. Or phone my home telephone number. Or drop a letter through the door. That's what my office address and phone number is for.

There are some real eejits out there. And whoever it was that dropped the letter through the door is a prime one.
Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 12:07 - Oct 30 with 1731 viewsdameedna

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 11:42 - Oct 30 by jackonicko

I'm with Mrs Monk on this to be honest (apart from the illiterate tweet, but I'm old school!)

There is a clear division between home life and work. I would be furious if a work client decided to pop round my house to complain about the service. Or phone my home telephone number. Or drop a letter through the door. That's what my office address and phone number is for.

There are some real eejits out there. And whoever it was that dropped the letter through the door is a prime one.

I don't understand why she opened the letter but if anyone has had their house burgled they will understand that she may be feeling vulnerable and defensive. It is a nothing story really.
Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 12:55 - Oct 30 with 1692 viewsicecoldjack

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 11:35 - Oct 30 by johnjackswan

I feel compelled to post as I follow a lot of wives, not just of footballers on Twitter. And she certainly isn't the only one who has her say on it. I'm not saying what she did wasn't clever but to say she is the only one isn't very fair. If you remember Cotterill - his ex wife always had a lot to say and his divorce was practically played out on it. Neil Taylor's likes to have her say now and again. Let's not forget Twitter hasn't been around for the last 20 years and she may not be the only managers wife with an opinion if there were more 20/30 year old mangers.

Surely the point she made was about going to her house. I suspect she has just probably been naive to the drama her opinion would have caused.

But callng her a tool, a leach, an attention seeker because of this and because she said she didn't want to be in Swansea after she got burgled!!!! How nasty. Let's hope she doesn't read this forum because I suspect she will probably feel the same again after most of these comments

Well ive not called her any names .

The other thing , why would you follow the wives?

The difference with cotterils wife and the others is that.

1 . They were never digging out the swansea public like lexy has in the last few months, irrelevent of if it was justified or not, her husbamd is the captain/manager of the swans and she needs to perhaps bite her lip.

2. Monk is a premier league manager, that means all this stuff is on a global scale, its the biggest most popular league in the world so there will benalot more trolls out there lookimg to make a name for temselves, so again better to perhaps bite her lip.

3. The man himself, garry monk would not give a flying fook about a letter, he is a professiomal amd has had thimgs like this his whole career, water off a ducks back, so perhaps better to bite her lip.

4. With monk being the centre of attention in the mass media RE his comments about stoke the last thing he needs are the media hacks reporting things more personal( whats the odds this letter came from a journo amd not an actual neighbour ?)

5. Lexy works in the media and understands exactly how things meant with the best of intentions can get twisted and tuned around, better for her to bite her lip.

6. Maybe letters for garry should be for garry himself to respond to and not his wife?

7. It was a letter not a bag of s1ht some perspective please.

I suspect she probably does read this forum , so if shenis reading "hi lexy, protect your man by not courting media attention, thanks .
Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 13:15 - Oct 30 with 1669 viewsDarran

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 12:55 - Oct 30 by icecoldjack

1 . They were never digging out the swansea public like lexy has in the last few months, irrelevent of if it was justified or not, her husbamd is the captain/manager of the swans and she needs to perhaps bite her lip.

2. Monk is a premier league manager, that means all this stuff is on a global scale, its the biggest most popular league in the world so there will benalot more trolls out there lookimg to make a name for temselves, so again better to perhaps bite her lip.

3. The man himself, garry monk would not give a flying fook about a letter, he is a professiomal amd has had thimgs like this his whole career, water off a ducks back, so perhaps better to bite her lip.

4. With monk being the centre of attention in the mass media RE his comments about stoke the last thing he needs are the media hacks reporting things more personal( whats the odds this letter came from a journo amd not an actual neighbour ?)

5. Lexy works in the media and understands exactly how things meant with the best of intentions can get twisted and tuned around, better for her to bite her lip.

6. Maybe letters for garry should be for garry himself to respond to and not his wife?

I suspect she probably does read this forum , so if shenis reading "hi lexy, protect your man by not courting media attention, thanks .

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 13:24 - Oct 30 with 1663 viewsicecoldjack

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 13:15 - Oct 30 by Darran

Or you can just debate like decent human beings .
Login to get fewer ads

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 13:34 - Oct 30 with 1646 views_

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 13:24 - Oct 30 by icecoldjack

Or you can just debate like decent human beings .

No, sadly, he can't do that 😡

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 13:38 - Oct 30 with 1640 viewsBatterseajack

It's hard to really criticise monks wife for speaking out without knowing the content and tone of the letter. I'm assuming the content was pretty unpleasant and not a constructive criticism for her to get angry and take to twitter.

I sympathise with her, the money your husband earns is irrelevant when you have weirdos popping round your house where you got kids about and dropping narky letters. It's not fair to say to her to just bottle it up, she has every right to complain about this.
Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 14:06 - Oct 30 with 1620 viewsjohnjackswan

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 12:55 - Oct 30 by icecoldjack

How has she 'dug out the Swansea public in the last few months? A naive tweet yesterday and one a year ago after a buglary?

You are right it was a letter, not a pile of dog shit so all this massive over reaction ts pretty crazy and I'm sure, with hindsight, she'd act differently.

The point I was making about other wives on Twitter publicly moaning, was because you made the point that no other Swans players wives in the last 20 years have done on social media. I was merely stating they do
Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 14:29 - Oct 30 with 1598 views_

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 14:06 - Oct 30 by johnjackswan

How has she 'dug out the Swansea public in the last few months? A naive tweet yesterday and one a year ago after a buglary?

You are right it was a letter, not a pile of dog shit so all this massive over reaction ts pretty crazy and I'm sure, with hindsight, she'd act differently.

The point I was making about other wives on Twitter publicly moaning, was because you made the point that no other Swans players wives in the last 20 years have done on social media. I was merely stating they do

So what kind of goss do you normally get from the wives then, John?

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 14:36 - Oct 30 with 1594 viewscontroversial_jack

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 11:28 - Oct 30 by _

And also, it's not the end of the world, is it?

It's a letter FFS!!! I mean, it's strange someone felt the need to send it with being so well placed in the league, but it's harmless as far as we know.

If the letter was abusive then that's a police matter - if it's a "fan letter" venting off then so what?! She could have just said politely to send any further letters to the club.

Frankie Burrows sent me a four page reply to my complaint of 4-5-1 and went DEEP into tactics with me. Now look at his foresight all the while back then - impressive, eh!?

A lot on here weren't even bothered with us then. No such thing as "hard miles" from some. The Swans meant nothing, didn't give two hoots.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2014 11:45]

Sensible post.I don't see why she's so concerned for her children. It was a letter through the mail box. big deal!
(No subject) (n/t) on 14:37 - Oct 30 with 1591 viewsDarran

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 14:38 - Oct 30 with 1589 viewsjohnjackswan

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 14:29 - Oct 30 by _

Lol!
I should have said I follow lots of people with opinions, especially about the Swans and Ospreys, and that happens to be a few of the wags!!!
Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 14:40 - Oct 30 with 1588 viewsDarran

The wives were having a full blown conversation on Twitter a few weeks ago because Taylor and JJS had been held back for a drug test.
One of them didn't get home untill 9pm because they couldn't piss.

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 14:45 - Oct 30 with 1574 views_

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 14:40 - Oct 30 by Darran

The wives were having a full blown conversation on Twitter a few weeks ago because Taylor and JJS had been held back for a drug test.
One of them didn't get home untill 9pm because they couldn't piss.

No why doesn't it surprise me that you are a stalker of the wives.... hmm.

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 14:47 - Oct 30 with 1571 viewsDarran

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 14:45 - Oct 30 by _

No why doesn't it surprise me that you are a stalker of the wives.... hmm.

I can assure you I don't follow any of them someone showed it to me.

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 14:50 - Oct 30 with 1568 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Do the Monks have some sweets in for trick or treaters though?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 15:00 - Oct 30 with 1552 viewsScoobyWho

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 06:23 - Oct 30 by dgt73

Pi$$ed people off ???? Name me one person who was genuinely pi$$ed off apart from sad jealous people such as yourself. She made previous comments regarding Swansea after some c*nt burgled her home. Get a life you sad tw@t.

Well, posting your vitriolic drivvle at 6.20 in
the morning on planet swans tells me all I need to know about you. You have abused me on three occasions and each time I have ignored you. Now I will ignore it no more. Now, kindly put me on ignore or do us all a favour and 'crawl back up the septic cu nt' you crawled out of and close the door behind you.

I will say what I want and when I want and no matter where that is , on here or in the flesh cu nts like you won't stop me.

So quit the threats and abuse, back it up or fu ck
off little boy.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2014 15:01]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 15:03 - Oct 30 with 1539 viewsDarran

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 15:00 - Oct 30 by ScoobyWho

the morning on planet swans tells me all I need to know about you. You have abused me on three occasions and each time I have ignored you. Now I will ignore it no more. Now, kindly put me on ignore or do us all a favour and 'crawl back up the septic cu nt' you crawled out of and close the door behind you.

I will say what I want and when I want and no matter where that is , on here or in the flesh cu nts like you won't stop me.

off little boy.

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 15:05 - Oct 30 with 1533 viewsmonmouth

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 10:09 - Oct 30 by perchrockjack

Morning ice. That's one way to look at it..
Could I ask , if you re married, what your missus would do.

Im pretty certain what mine would do,blessher..

Social media is everyday life now and its what is done.

I MEAN, we re on on here, faceless,feckless and fawning over each "great post" but if you think about it,its stupid.

We do it because its 2014 and its what we do. Imagine sending little text messages 30 years ago to say what time you ll be home for dinner

Well mine would agree with every negative bit in it then add a few more. Isn't that what wives do?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 15:15 - Oct 30 with 1515 viewsStarsky

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 14:29 - Oct 30 by _

Never mind that... I really want you to put Frankies 4 page letter on here.

It's just the internet, init.

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 16:22 - Oct 30 with 1469 viewsdgt73

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 15:00 - Oct 30 by ScoobyWho

off little boy.

At 6.20 am i was on a break at work you jumped up pr# ck. And I've made no threats to you and believe me id say the same to your face as i do on this forum. You probably are just one of life's losers and hate people who make something out of their lives.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 16:23 - Oct 30 with 1468 viewsVetchitBack

Garry Monk's wife fury as fan drops off letter at house criticising Swans manage on 20:20 - Oct 29 by ScoobyWho

What has that got to do with more attention seeking drama from Monks Mrs ?

It's got to do with why is some beaut posting critical letters to his home when we are sixth in the league?

She probably shouldn't have put it on twitter for no other reason than to stop those who hold Monk in contempt transferring their hate onto her now that in footballing terms they have little ammunition.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024