Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Lewis - Some People. A bit of an instant classic? 21:02 - Oct 29 with 850 viewsLohengrin

I've had Sam Lewis's Some People stuck in my head for the last few days now. It sounds like it could have jumped straight out of the sessions for Van's Moondance or Tupelo Honey. It sounds like something that's always been there, something I have grown up with.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Sam Lewis - Some People. A bit of an instant classic? on 21:11 - Oct 29 with 843 viewsLohengrin

In a lot of ways it's reminiscent of Etta James's I'd Rather Go Blind. Perhaps that's why it strikes a reminiscent chord? Come to think of it Both Van Morrison and Etta could have done a Hell of a job with this track too.

Sam Lewis - Some People. A bit of an instant classic? on 21:17 - Oct 29 with 836 viewslifelong

I'm amazed how many artists you come up with that I've never heard of

Enjoyed that, by the way.
Sam Lewis - Some People. A bit of an instant classic? on 21:21 - Oct 29 with 832 viewsLohengrin

Sam Lewis - Some People. A bit of an instant classic? on 21:17 - Oct 29 by lifelong

I'm amazed how many artists you come up with that I've never heard of

Enjoyed that, by the way.

I saw him live in June, he was great.

There is great stuff out there that never seems to get the mainstream radio play it deserves. If that track went into heavy rotation it would chart, I'm convinced of that. Some people just never seem to get the breaks their talent deserves.

Sam Lewis - Some People. A bit of an instant classic? on 21:54 - Oct 29 with 811 viewsDr_Winston

Sam Lewis - Some People. A bit of an instant classic? on 21:11 - Oct 29 by Lohengrin

In a lot of ways it's reminiscent of Etta James's I'd Rather Go Blind. Perhaps that's why it strikes a reminiscent chord? Come to think of it Both Van Morrison and Etta could have done a Hell of a job with this track too.

Definite Etta James. Almost to the point of plagiarism.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sam Lewis - Some People. A bit of an instant classic? on 22:02 - Oct 29 with 804 viewsLohengrin

Sam Lewis - Some People. A bit of an instant classic? on 21:54 - Oct 29 by Dr_Winston

Old Etta didn't write it but there's a definite tip of the hat going on to Ellington Jordan in the guitar parts, no doubt about that.

Sam Lewis - Some People. A bit of an instant classic? on 23:00 - Oct 29 with 780 viewsWarwickHunt

Sam Lewis - Some People. A bit of an instant classic? on 21:54 - Oct 29 by Dr_Winston

Yep - I'd Rather Go Blind...

Overton Vertis Wright takes it a step further. Now THIS is a groove...

Sam Lewis - Some People. A bit of an instant classic? on 08:54 - Oct 30 with 731 viewsLohengrin

Wright was signed to and produced at Hi by Ray Harris ... this Ray Harris!

It's a wild and musical place is the south

Sam Lewis - Some People. A bit of an instant classic? on 11:54 - Oct 30 with 701 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Great thread - I have never heard of this guy and most likely wouldn't but will be sure to keep an eye out from now

Without searching for it is there a thread where people can just put any good music they hear on there like this so we can check it out and decide whether to download it or not (legally obviously)?

Don't know if its because I'm in my late 30's now and am busy with so many other things that I seem to have lost touch with music apart from what I already have in my collection

The old what are you listening too thread was good but haven't seen it for a while

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Login to get fewer ads

Sam Lewis - Some People. A bit of an instant classic? on 12:08 - Oct 30 with 686 viewsDarran

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231349064937?_trksid=p20

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Sam Lewis - Some People. A bit of an instant classic? on 13:20 - Oct 30 with 663 viewsNogginthenog

I flippin loves that, great slow lead guitar and the organ is terrific. Thanks for posting that.
Sam Lewis - Some People. A bit of an instant classic? on 09:33 - Oct 31 with 603 viewsLohengrin

Sam Lewis - Some People. A bit of an instant classic? on 13:20 - Oct 30 by Nogginthenog

I flippin loves that, great slow lead guitar and the organ is terrific. Thanks for posting that.

That was "Cousin" Kenny Vaughn on lead and Reggie Bradley Smith on Keyboards.

For anybody on here that enjoyed Sam Lewis he's playing up Cardiff on the 29th November in support of Martin Harley. If you haven't happened across Harley before he's another treat in waiting.

Sam Lewis - Some People. A bit of an instant classic? on 22:24 - Oct 31 with 563 viewsmax936

MOM tonite

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Sam Lewis - Some People. A bit of an instant classic? on 14:00 - Nov 1 with 514 viewsskippyjack

Better than some people on a similar genre.. music producers are looking for something new probably..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024