Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Moores 13:58 - Oct 30 with 24602 viewsblaine_scfc

Anyone know anything about this guy? American businessman who wants to invest in us named on SSN.
John Moores on 08:58 - Oct 31 with 1989 viewsFrank_Lazarus

John Moores on 19:31 - Oct 30 by Uxbridge

Indeed. And what that return is will vary. There's basically two forms, a frequent return (e.g. dividend) and increase in capital value. Given the oft mentioned exponentially increasing tv deals then my money's on the latter.

Aye, I can't see any other eventuality but that he's looking for growth on his original capital.

The fella's unlikely to have an 'income' requirement, like. Unlike the current crop.
John Moores on 16:38 - Oct 31 with 1822 viewsDavillin

John Moores on 07:24 - Oct 31 by westx

for me it is simply they should look to retain their shareholding. the rest will sell quickly due to the vast sums of money available but the trust statement is spot on and I struggle to see why any Swans fan would think differently

BINGO!

The Trust do know better because they're [WE'RE] not thinking with our wallets and bank accounts.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

John Moores on 18:15 - Oct 31 with 1738 viewslonglostjack

With the possible exception of - Chelsea (Abramovitch buying security/credibility) or Man City (Quataris ) has there been any case of a foreign investor providing a lasting benefit for a football club ?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

John Moores on 18:38 - Oct 31 with 1681 viewsjackonicko

John Moores on 18:15 - Oct 31 by longlostjack

With the possible exception of - Chelsea (Abramovitch buying security/credibility) or Man City (Quataris ) has there been any case of a foreign investor providing a lasting benefit for a football club ?

Does Tony Petty count?
John Moores on 18:39 - Oct 31 with 1673 viewsStarsky

John Moores on 18:38 - Oct 31 by jackonicko

Does Tony Petty count?

With an abacus apparently

It's just the internet, init.

John Moores on 18:44 - Oct 31 with 1651 viewslonglostjack

Does Tony Petty count?

OK that's three

John Moores on 19:01 - Oct 31 with 1620 viewsAnotherJohn

It is hard from outside the inner circle to know the truth behind this, and our board has done enough over the years to deserve the benefit of any doubt. What worries me though is the appearance of incremental disclosure and shifting ground. In any other area of life that would set alarm bells ringing for me.
John Moores on 19:02 - Oct 31 with 1614 viewsPhil_S

Does Tony Petty count?

Is this the right time to say that Tony Petty wasn't foreign...
Login to get fewer ads

John Moores on 19:03 - Oct 31 with 1610 viewsStarsky

John Moores on 19:02 - Oct 31 by Phil_S

He was 'international' though

It's just the internet, init.

John Moores on 19:23 - Oct 31 with 1564 viewslonglostjack

John Moores on 19:02 - Oct 31 by Phil_S

Cue Trampie !

John Moores on 20:39 - Oct 31 with 1455 viewsjackonicko

John Moores on 19:03 - Oct 31 by Starsky

He was 'international' though

According to the North Bank Alliance website (which still exists by the way!) he was also very 'cosmopolitan' ;)
John Moores on 08:18 - Nov 1 with 1289 viewsquiff

As far as I'm concerned, the only reason you'd look to invest in a football club you don't support is for profit or control - often both.
Maybe I just lack ambition, but I see this as the Swans becoming just like any other club- it could well be argued that this is inevitable given where we are and the money involved though.

Where we are lucky is that we have a supporters trust, who need to be asking some awkward questions (and to be fair signs are encouraging) We as supporters also need to be getting behind and getting involved in the Trust if this story develops.

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

John Moores on 09:18 - Nov 1 with 1263 viewscyril

its never nice being on the ferrett!! reading these stories id keep this chap at arms length

The devil is in the detail

John Moores on 09:57 - Nov 1 with 1230 viewsShaky

John Moores on 16:38 - Oct 31 by Davillin

BINGO!

The Trust do know better because they're [WE'RE] not thinking with our wallets and bank accounts.

If the Trust know better, they should stop making statements that make them look weak and marginalised, and instead actually influence events.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

John Moores on 10:27 - Nov 1 with 1206 viewsAngelRangelQS

You'd hope that the right people are members of the trust so will vote no to the sale of its shares.

No genuine swans fan would vote yes, surely?
John Moores on 10:38 - Nov 1 with 1192 viewsShaky

John Moores on 10:27 - Nov 1 by AngelRangelQS

You'd hope that the right people are members of the trust so will vote no to the sale of its shares.

No genuine swans fan would vote yes, surely?

That would depend on whether holding on to the shares leaves you locked into a hopeless situation without any influence whatsoever, and no prospect of cashing out.

Misology -- It's a bitch

John Moores on 10:42 - Nov 1 with 1180 viewsAngelRangelQS

John Moores on 10:38 - Nov 1 by Shaky

That would depend on whether holding on to the shares leaves you locked into a hopeless situation without any influence whatsoever, and no prospect of cashing out.

I only ask this as I genuinely don't know the answer

1. Why would they ever want to cash out

2. Surely it's better to at least be in on these decisions even if they have no actual say.

3. Would we retain a member on the board?
John Moores on 10:47 - Nov 1 with 1169 viewsShaky

John Moores on 10:42 - Nov 1 by AngelRangelQS

I only ask this as I genuinely don't know the answer

1. Why would they ever want to cash out

2. Surely it's better to at least be in on these decisions even if they have no actual say.

3. Would we retain a member on the board?

1. Discussed already.

2. You might find yourself in a situation where you are not in on decisions in any meaningful sense. For example if directors are appointed according to shareholdings Mr New Investor appoints 4 directors and the Trust 1. Potentially meaning that all board votes are lost 4-1.

Now politically that would be uncomfortable for Mr New Investor, but ultimately in the boardroom real politik rules.

3. Doesn't matter. See 2.

Misology -- It's a bitch

John Moores on 10:54 - Nov 1 with 1150 viewsAngelRangelQS

John Moores on 10:47 - Nov 1 by Shaky

1. Discussed already.

2. You might find yourself in a situation where you are not in on decisions in any meaningful sense. For example if directors are appointed according to shareholdings Mr New Investor appoints 4 directors and the Trust 1. Potentially meaning that all board votes are lost 4-1.

Now politically that would be uncomfortable for Mr New Investor, but ultimately in the boardroom real politik rules.

3. Doesn't matter. See 2.

Thanks.

I'm still not sure why you'd be better off on the outside with decisions being made you're unhappy with than you would be on the inside with decisions being made you're unhappy with.

What is the purpose of the trust at the end of the day? Isn't it just to provide a check on the way the clubs being run? To give the fans a voice even if it isn't acted upon?

I've missed the bit about reasons to sell but all I can think of is that the money can be used to buy the club at a later date when the shit hits the fan, which it will.
John Moores on 11:02 - Nov 1 with 1129 viewsShaky

John Moores on 10:54 - Nov 1 by AngelRangelQS

Thanks.

I'm still not sure why you'd be better off on the outside with decisions being made you're unhappy with than you would be on the inside with decisions being made you're unhappy with.

What is the purpose of the trust at the end of the day? Isn't it just to provide a check on the way the clubs being run? To give the fans a voice even if it isn't acted upon?

I've missed the bit about reasons to sell but all I can think of is that the money can be used to buy the club at a later date when the shit hits the fan, which it will.

I never said you are better off on the outside, ARQS.

What I have said is that there may be a middle ground where the Trust can get a load of dosh and still retain some influence.

But Phil has made it abundantly clear that he doesn't require my help, so he's going to have to work this out for himself.

Misology -- It's a bitch

John Moores on 11:35 - Nov 1 with 1077 viewsBrynmill_Jack

John Moores on 16:53 - Oct 30 by bermudajack

Fan representation via the Trust could be at stake here, it is vital that we retain our 21% stake

I've read a lot about this guy over the last few days & as is posted on here some bad but mostly good.

I cannot however believe that these guys are looking to invest a bit for a small amount of shares

These guys have made massive profits everywhere they have invested.

they may be putting their "foot in the door" right now, but I'll be amazed if we're not talking about a full & complete takeover soon...😳

It's exactly what Tan did at Cardiff. Thanks but no thanks

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

John Moores on 11:45 - Nov 1 with 1048 viewsDarran

John Moores on 11:02 - Nov 1 by Shaky

I never said you are better off on the outside, ARQS.

What I have said is that there may be a middle ground where the Trust can get a load of dosh and still retain some influence.

But Phil has made it abundantly clear that he doesn't require my help, so he's going to have to work this out for himself.

From what Ive heard the trust will have real experts behind them not pretend ones.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

John Moores on 11:48 - Nov 1 with 1042 viewsBrynmill_Jack

John Moores on 17:04 - Oct 30 by MoscowJack

Isn't it extremely obvious that the Yanks aren't in it for the 30% that they're rumoured to be buying? That makes zero sense and doesn't tie into their previous and existing businesses either.

If strong rumours are true, it's part 1 of a 2 part "lock, stock and barrel" sale and even the part 2 price is set in stone.

That's not "investment" but selling....slowly?

Why so slowly? Why not just sell 100% now? Maybe so that we fall for the "we need external investment to make sure you all have a 35k stadium and free seats" blurb??

Also, what debt will be attached to the deal? With TV money due to increase even more over the next couple of years, do we need debt NOW?

I'm sorry but this stinks of a few people cashing in but not on the right deal. I'm really not against anyone cashing in on their shares, but leave the Trust 100% safe and pick a decent new owner please!

Those people who want out should propose to sell their shares cut price to the trust and we as fans should pledge membership and financial support to help buy those shares. If these people are the saints they make themselves out to be (and even make a film about it) then they should , after the wages/dividends they have received be happy with a non stellar return, and even accept payments stretched out over years if necessary to avoid another Petty like figure coming in and ruining this thing so many people love.

They would still get more money than the average Joe on here will ever see and seeing they're all fans and are at pains to stress that they are just like us and love the club that is what they will do, surely?

Otherwise they will be remembered as the ones who bought SCFC for a song, made themselves millionaires doing it and then sold out to another carpet bagger . End result - the same as it would have been under Petty but some lucky f*ckers locally made a mint

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

John Moores on 11:59 - Nov 1 with 1022 viewsMoscowJack

"Those people who want out should propose to sell their shares cut price to the trust and we as fans should pledge membership and financial support to help buy those shares."

The numbers are FAR too high to be able to even think about that.

BJ - the Directors selling and becoming multi-millionaires is fine. Call them lucky, if you like, or you could say that they have got us where we are so deserve the rewards. They just need to make sure that the Trust are covered, even if that means making £1m less each.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

John Moores on 12:03 - Nov 1 with 1014 views_

John Moores on 11:45 - Nov 1 by Darran

From what Ive heard the trust will have real experts behind them not pretend ones.

Just your usual cheap shot Prosser and from the cheapest poster on here.

I just hope Phil and the Trust are speaking to all the right people and it would do no harm at all to engage as many experts opinions as possible. I know the saying too many cooks etc but we must have enough nous on this board to offer good technical advice and to be ready for as many eventualities as possible. We/They'll all have the same true objective at heart - the wellbeing of our football club.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024