Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Moores 13:58 - Oct 30 with 24791 viewsblaine_scfc

Anyone know anything about this guy? American businessman who wants to invest in us named on SSN.
John Moores on 12:05 - Nov 1 with 961 viewsBrynmill_Jack

John Moores on 11:59 - Nov 1 by MoscowJack

"Those people who want out should propose to sell their shares cut price to the trust and we as fans should pledge membership and financial support to help buy those shares."

The numbers are FAR too high to be able to even think about that.

BJ - the Directors selling and becoming multi-millionaires is fine. Call them lucky, if you like, or you could say that they have got us where we are so deserve the rewards. They just need to make sure that the Trust are covered, even if that means making £1m less each.

Some of them already ARE multi millionaires. More money means greed over the security of the club they claim to love. I expect a few bannings coming up for people suggesting the same as I do but it's not going to stop me or others. "Back on the mattresses" seems to be the order of the day , and that's a term from the Godfather, not some sort of sexual innuendo !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

John Moores on 12:17 - Nov 1 with 938 views_

John Moores on 12:05 - Nov 1 by Brynmill_Jack

Some of them already ARE multi millionaires. More money means greed over the security of the club they claim to love. I expect a few bannings coming up for people suggesting the same as I do but it's not going to stop me or others. "Back on the mattresses" seems to be the order of the day , and that's a term from the Godfather, not some sort of sexual innuendo !

And call me naive but I'd guess the last thing they'd want to do is take a hit on what they are probably already dreaming of now.

You know that feeling you get when you play the lottery, you automatically start dreaming of how you'd spend it in your head. I'd say that's exactly what they are doing now and to just think they'd settle for 25/50% less than what they could get, but not only that, make their shares less attractive by increasing the percentage owned by a noisy neighbour Trust, just wouldn't sound attractive to them at all.

Let's just assume the worst and they will be utterly ruthless from now on, even to the point where perhaps they don't even vet potential investors first and if they surprise us and do the right thing, well bonus.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

John Moores on 12:22 - Nov 1 with 918 views_

John Moores on 11:48 - Nov 1 by Brynmill_Jack

Those people who want out should propose to sell their shares cut price to the trust and we as fans should pledge membership and financial support to help buy those shares. If these people are the saints they make themselves out to be (and even make a film about it) then they should , after the wages/dividends they have received be happy with a non stellar return, and even accept payments stretched out over years if necessary to avoid another Petty like figure coming in and ruining this thing so many people love.

They would still get more money than the average Joe on here will ever see and seeing they're all fans and are at pains to stress that they are just like us and love the club that is what they will do, surely?

Otherwise they will be remembered as the ones who bought SCFC for a song, made themselves millionaires doing it and then sold out to another carpet bagger . End result - the same as it would have been under Petty but some lucky f*ckers locally made a mint

Stupid arrows... I meant to up arrow not down and the bloody thing won't let me change it.

Bang on the money Bryn.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

John Moores on 12:25 - Nov 1 with 904 viewsStarsky

John Moores on 12:22 - Nov 1 by _

Stupid arrows... I meant to up arrow not down and the bloody thing won't let me change it.

Bang on the money Bryn.

Yeah it will. Just go off the page, come back on to the thread and put an arrow in the opposite box to counteract your first arrow.
I had to do that on one of your posts yesterday. :-)

It's just the internet, init.

John Moores on 12:36 - Nov 1 with 889 viewsAngelRangelQS

John Moores on 12:22 - Nov 1 by _

Bang on the money Bryn.

Spot on the pair of you.

Now we'll really see how much these people actually care about the Swans
John Moores on 12:38 - Nov 1 with 881 views_

John Moores on 12:25 - Nov 1 by Starsky

Yeah it will. Just go off the page, come back on to the thread and put an arrow in the opposite box to counteract your first arrow.
I had to do that on one of your posts yesterday. :-)

Oh did you no??? Haha

Ok, if done that but now I've got an arrow in both camps... I look nuts mun... Haha

John Moores on 12:42 - Nov 1 with 871 viewsBrynmill_Jack

John Moores on 12:36 - Nov 1 by AngelRangelQS

Spot on the pair of you.

Now we'll really see how much these people actually care about the Swans

It's simple innit. Preserve the club you proclaim to love and accept a few less million quid or be greedy and take the chance that it may be destroyed over time.

Huw has been sarcastic and vocal on media platforms regarding Cardiff's sell outs, he can't very well go ahead and do exactly the same. How would that make him look? Worse than Mike Lewis ever did I'll wager

John Moores on 12:43 - Nov 1 with 865 viewsDarran

John Moores on 12:03 - Nov 1 by _

Just your usual cheap shot Prosser and from the cheapest poster on here.

I just hope Phil and the Trust are speaking to all the right people and it would do no harm at all to engage as many experts opinions as possible. I know the saying too many cooks etc but we must have enough nous on this board to offer good technical advice and to be ready for as many eventualities as possible. We/They'll all have the same true objective at heart - the wellbeing of our football club.

How is something ive been told a cheap shot?
Oh and you're the c*ntiest poster on here.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

John Moores on 12:46 - Nov 1 with 863 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I agree with Bryn etc.

But there seems a need for more money .
How will we get this money in??

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

John Moores on 12:47 - Nov 1 with 856 viewsAngelRangelQS

John Moores on 12:42 - Nov 1 by Brynmill_Jack

It's simple innit. Preserve the club you proclaim to love and accept a few less million quid or be greedy and take the chance that it may be destroyed over time.

Huw has been sarcastic and vocal on media platforms regarding Cardiff's sell outs, he can't very well go ahead and do exactly the same. How would that make him look? Worse than Mike Lewis ever did I'll wager

However good this guy may seem to them, we simply do not know how it'll pan out. For that reason the trust surely has to at least retain it's share.

Once the club has been sold that's it. Control completely out of our hands and who knows what the future holds.

I'd sooner see us relegated to league two than the trust lose its shareholding
John Moores on 12:47 - Nov 1 with 854 viewsDarran

John Moores on 12:46 - Nov 1 by oh_tommy_tommy

I agree with Bryn etc.

But there seems a need for more money .
How will we get this money in??

And how do they know it won't work?

John Moores on 12:49 - Nov 1 with 848 viewsBrynmill_Jack

John Moores on 12:47 - Nov 1 by Darran

Spoken like a true collaborator

John Moores on 12:51 - Nov 1 with 840 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

John Moores on 12:47 - Nov 1 by Darran

Well indeed so .

The club need more money in to compete, to get that you need money men to come in.

John Moores on 12:53 - Nov 1 with 831 viewsBrynmill_Jack

John Moores on 12:51 - Nov 1 by oh_tommy_tommy

Well indeed so .

The club need more money in to compete, to get that you need money men to come in.

Make your minds up people. One minute we're sixth and doing just fine thank you and now we're "uncompetitive". You can't have it both ways

John Moores on 12:53 - Nov 1 with 831 views_

John Moores on 12:49 - Nov 1 by Brynmill_Jack

Hahaa Bryn, the guy is desperate for any sort of 15 minutes of fame.

Has he told you what he's heard or been told? ;-) hes a very important guy, Bryn, he'll have been told so many things.... None that he can actually say mind, just that HES BEEN TOLD

HAHAHHA the blokes a fool.

John Moores on 12:53 - Nov 1 with 829 viewsDarran

John Moores on 12:49 - Nov 1 by Brynmill_Jack

So if we take investment from outside what are you going to do about it Stephen stop going is it?

John Moores on 12:54 - Nov 1 with 829 viewsjackonicko

Well indeed so .

That depends on whether you accept that premise.

Define 'compete'. If we mean top 6, then yes. If we mean mid-table PL and cup runs, then we seem to compete fine with the status quo.
John Moores on 12:55 - Nov 1 with 826 views_

Well indeed so .

Tommy, don't start getting sucked in by their propoganda... Keep a very open mind.

Short term gain is a very dangerous outlook.

John Moores on 12:55 - Nov 1 with 826 viewsDarran

John Moores on 12:54 - Nov 1 by jackonicko

That depends on whether you accept that premise.

Define 'compete'. If we mean top 6, then yes. If we mean mid-table PL and cup runs, then we seem to compete fine with the status quo.

People need to lower their expectations then.

John Moores on 12:57 - Nov 1 with 815 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

John Moores on 12:53 - Nov 1 by Brynmill_Jack

Make your minds up people. One minute we're sixth and doing just fine thank you and now we're "uncompetitive". You can't have it both ways

My mind is made up , let's start looking for good investment in the club .

John Moores on 12:59 - Nov 1 with 809 viewsBrynmill_Jack

John Moores on 12:53 - Nov 1 by Darran

So if we take investment from outside what are you going to do about it Stephen stop going is it?

Do what we did before you turned up pea brain. Protest and take action

John Moores on 12:59 - Nov 1 with 809 viewsjackonicko

John Moores on 12:55 - Nov 1 by Darran

People need to lower their expectations then.

How many have higher expectations? In reality, that's probably a few over-exuberant fans, not the majority.

I don't think decisions should be made on behalf of a few over-exuberant fans.
John Moores on 13:00 - Nov 1 with 804 viewsDr_Winston

Well indeed so .

Bollocks.

The club are more than competitive now. If we're finding it that hard to fund a stadium expansion then maybe they shouldn't have trousered £2m a year or so ago.

Money men coming in will eventually lead to money going out. The alleged search for "investment" instead of living within our means flies in the face of everthing we've apparently stood for over the last ten years.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

John Moores on 13:01 - Nov 1 with 801 viewsDarran

John Moores on 12:59 - Nov 1 by Brynmill_Jack

Do what we did before you turned up pea brain. Protest and take action

Won't happen lard arse.

John Moores on 13:02 - Nov 1 with 798 viewsDarran

John Moores on 12:59 - Nov 1 by jackonicko

How many have higher expectations? In reality, that's probably a few over-exuberant fans, not the majority.

I don't think decisions should be made on behalf of a few over-exuberant fans.

Oh there's a few believe me.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024