Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore 17:26 - Oct 30 with 8018 viewsthomasJack

GARRY Monk reckons Swansea City must look to outside investors if they are to continue to thrive at the top end of the Premier League.

It emerged today that US billionaire John Moores is one of the American businessman who is in talks with Swansea over the possibility of putting money into the club.

Moores' friend, Charles Nowell, has also been named as a potential investor as Swansea seek extra cash to help them compete at the top level.

Swansea's board of directors have so far refused to comment on the names, although they have admitted they are on the lookout for new sources of revenue as they bid to increase their financial muscle.

Chairman Huw Jenkins had originally claimed Swansea were only looking at sponsorhsip and commercial deals, but it is now clear they could be prepared to sell some shares in the club.

And Monk admits Swansea do need extra money if they are to keep pace with the top-flight's heavyweight clubs.

"I just think it's important that we look to push forward as a club," said the Swansea manager.

"One way of doing that is attracting investment and we need to be proactive.

"You need investment to make that step to being an established top-ten club.

"The big clubs will keep getting money in, and it's important for a club like ourselves to make sure we get enough money in to stay on their heels."

Swansea fans have taken pride in the fact that their club has been run primarily by local people since Tony Petty was ousted in 2002.

There are bound to be concerns over what direction Swansea may go in should their ownership change in any way, but Monk has faith in Jenkins and Co.

"For the last 10 or 12 years, the chairman and the board have always made decisions in the best interests of the club," he added.

"I am sure they will keep doing the same. It's not about someone coming in to take over the running of the club, so we just have to trust Huw and the board to make the right decisions.

"They have been very shrewd over the years and that will not change."

Read more: http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Garry-Monk-welcomes-prospect-outside-inv
Follow us: @SWEveningPost on Twitter | SWEveningPost on Facebook

Poll: Next signing

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 17:30 - Oct 30 with 3293 views_

Keep out of this Monk and get on with your job of managing the football team.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 18:13 - Oct 30 with 3228 viewsperchrockjack

We need more investment.
If this fella is kosher ,and it seems he might be, then it can only be good.
As I say, we re a top brand as regards a family club with good ethics

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 18:18 - Oct 30 with 3206 viewsDr_Winston

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 18:13 - Oct 30 by perchrockjack

We need more investment.
If this fella is kosher ,and it seems he might be, then it can only be good.
As I say, we re a top brand as regards a family club with good ethics

Why do we need more investment?

We've found millions to pay for two separate training facilities whilst still investing in the squad. Now the facilities are paid for and with an extra £20m in tv revenue available expanding the stadium should be affordable.

Commercial income is poor, but it's likely to be with one of the other directors running the commercial dept on a part time basis instead of hiring a proper professional to do the job.

We don't need investment. That's a bullshit story being spun to make the eventual sale of the club palatable to supporters. I take great joy from the fact that the response to this from many people has been to immediately treat it with suspicion and start digging.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 18:21 - Oct 30 with 3180 views_

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 18:18 - Oct 30 by Dr_Winston

We've found millions to pay for two separate training facilities whilst still investing in the squad. Now the facilities are paid for and with an extra £20m in tv revenue available expanding the stadium should be affordable.

Commercial income is poor, but it's likely to be with one of the other directors running the commercial dept on a part time basis instead of hiring a proper professional to do the job.

We don't need investment. That's a bullshit story being spun to make the eventual sale of the club palatable to supporters. I take great joy from the fact that the response to this from many people has been to immediately treat it with suspicion and start digging.

Don't even try and reason with Dick, he's not got a facking clue what day it is, never mind construct a reasonable post in this matter.

It's time for the real fans to collectively stick together or we'll be back in the doldrums again. He wouldn't know about those days as the club wasn't on his agenda back then.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 18:25 - Oct 30 with 3165 viewsSpratty

And so it continues, quid pro quo
Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 18:31 - Oct 30 with 3139 viewsDarran

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 18:21 - Oct 30 by _

Don't even try and reason with Dick, he's not got a facking clue what day it is, never mind construct a reasonable post in this matter.

It's time for the real fans to collectively stick together or we'll be back in the doldrums again. He wouldn't know about those days as the club wasn't on his agenda back then.

"It's time for the real fans to collectively stick together"

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 18:32 - Oct 30 with 3132 viewsblaine_scfc

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 18:18 - Oct 30 by Dr_Winston

You can only pluck a chicken once Doc.

This is a big NO in my opinion.
Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 18:37 - Oct 30 with 3115 viewsDDCH

My current view on the situation based totally on my own opinions and feelings.

The current directors bought the club, they claim out of love. I am sure they have already had their initial investment back and any loss of interest and payment for time spent.

Now the club is worth a lot of money the temptation could be to make a nice profit.

In my opinion what you do next reflects on how you view the club. Did you buy it for love and wanted what we have now, or did you buy it as a very poor performing business that could be a very bad gamble, and you lose your investment, or a good gamble and you make a fortune.

If the later is the case, then your buy worthless shares model and sell high has come right in...............but please never ever ever.....ever feed us the Tesco bag, Jack to a King story ever again.....as you will just be business men who bought at the right time.

I was told on our first season by a partner (romantic not business) of one of the directors how one of them wanted to sell the second we were promoted, and how she hoped her partner would cash in, but he didn't want to. It was hard to smile and nod to this story but I was on business so had to be nice. I was also told one person cashed out and the others covered it (I have never seen this story anywhere else)

The only thing that would keep the legend of the directors alive during a small share sale would be if they sold a small percentage, that would have no impact on the running of the club, and every penny went into the club. Squad/Stadia etc......and none diverted to pay rises for directors etc.

Just one mans view on it.

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Login to get fewer ads

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 18:44 - Oct 30 with 3080 viewsRancid

Why fix what's not broken? If we can afford to expand the stadium without external investment then let's carry on as we are.If we do go ahead with this then the only crumb of comfort is they're Americans and traditionally don't ruin clubs like others foreigners have at other clubs.
Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 18:45 - Oct 30 with 3077 viewsScoobyWho

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 17:30 - Oct 30 by _

Here Here

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 18:54 - Oct 30 with 3040 viewsbermudajack

Ultimately it's their shares and they can do whatever they want...

But they must read deeply into this mans past... 😳 not all sunshine and smiles...

The following is an extract from a San Diego Padres fan (sorry I've posted it on another thread also)

"I don't understand what makes guys like Moores tick. He fell out of love with his wife, he fell out of love with his team, he fell out of love with the city, who knows? Rich people are phlegmatic. What I do know is that San Diego fans are holding the bag, their love for their miserable team once again sorely tested and with an absentee owner who appears to no longer give a shit, nothing looks like it will change in the near future. It is a shame that the man who got everything he asked for could treat his play toy with such neglect and our region with such contempt"

Very worrying comments... Reminded me of you know who 😳😳😳

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 18:56 - Oct 30 with 3029 viewsdgt73

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 17:30 - Oct 30 by _

And maybe fans should concentrate on supporting the club and stay out of the politics too.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 18:58 - Oct 30 with 3016 viewsScoobyWho

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 18:56 - Oct 30 by dgt73

And maybe fans should concentrate on supporting the club and stay out of the politics too.

Why should we, you, I and everyone else is the reason why they function and continue to have the blessing to do what they do.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 19:02 - Oct 30 with 2987 viewslonglostjack

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 18:56 - Oct 30 by dgt73

Bizarre comment

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 19:32 - Oct 30 with 2930 viewsDavillin

We agree again. And whole-heartedly!

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 19:39 - Oct 30 with 2888 viewsmonmouth

This, with knobs on.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 19:42 - Oct 30 with 2869 viewsUxbridge

Manager wanting more money shocker. What on earth did anyone expect him to say? His words were fine imo. I know passions are inflamed but we should focus on the real issues imo.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 19:45 - Oct 30 with 2850 viewsFlashberryjack

My feelings exactly.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 19:47 - Oct 30 with 2827 viewsDavillin

Agree completely, thanks.

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 19:49 - Oct 30 with 2811 views_

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 19:42 - Oct 30 by Uxbridge

Manager wanting more money shocker. What on earth did anyone expect him to say? His words were fine imo. I know passions are inflamed but we should focus on the real issues imo.

If the deal isn't right for our football club, And, I'd rather not have the manager of the football team gathering support amongst some fans who won't give a shit about anything other than buying more star studded players and no real thought on long term consequences. Monk owes the current board of directors quite a bit and his words will carry weight.

Hope that's ok with you.

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 19:55 - Oct 30 with 2796 viewsDavillin

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 18:37 - Oct 30 by DDCH

My current view on the situation based totally on my own opinions and feelings.

The current directors bought the club, they claim out of love. I am sure they have already had their initial investment back and any loss of interest and payment for time spent.

Now the club is worth a lot of money the temptation could be to make a nice profit.

In my opinion what you do next reflects on how you view the club. Did you buy it for love and wanted what we have now, or did you buy it as a very poor performing business that could be a very bad gamble, and you lose your investment, or a good gamble and you make a fortune.

If the later is the case, then your buy worthless shares model and sell high has come right in...............but please never ever ever.....ever feed us the Tesco bag, Jack to a King story ever again.....as you will just be business men who bought at the right time.

I was told on our first season by a partner (romantic not business) of one of the directors how one of them wanted to sell the second we were promoted, and how she hoped her partner would cash in, but he didn't want to. It was hard to smile and nod to this story but I was on business so had to be nice. I was also told one person cashed out and the others covered it (I have never seen this story anywhere else)

The only thing that would keep the legend of the directors alive during a small share sale would be if they sold a small percentage, that would have no impact on the running of the club, and every penny went into the club. Squad/Stadia etc......and none diverted to pay rises for directors etc.

Just one mans view on it.

I could wish that you read this and the other thread, as there is an abundance of information on them that will help you to firm up your view.

For example, you wrote, "Now the club is worth a lot of money the temptation could be to make a nice profit. " The problem is that if the shareholders sell their shares, none of the sale money goes to the club.

Zero.

They'd be selling our club -- and selling it down the river -- for their own benefit.

You are dead right about having had their initial investment back, and several-fold at that.

It's not good right now unless the entire matter gets cleared up and stability returned.

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 20:03 - Oct 30 with 2758 viewsUxbridge

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 19:49 - Oct 30 by _

If the deal isn't right for our football club, And, I'd rather not have the manager of the football team gathering support amongst some fans who won't give a shit about anything other than buying more star studded players and no real thought on long term consequences. Monk owes the current board of directors quite a bit and his words will carry weight.

Hope that's ok with you.

Of course it's ok with me Chris. All opinions welcome. As I hope mine is. We're very much on the same page regarding the overall principle. Just didn't see much to surprise here is all.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 20:08 - Oct 30 with 2736 views_

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 20:03 - Oct 30 by Uxbridge

Of course it's ok with me Chris. All opinions welcome. As I hope mine is. We're very much on the same page regarding the overall principle. Just didn't see much to surprise here is all.

You don't think Monk knows full well what is going on and he's just another cog in the PR machine?

Of course he'll give answers to questions asked by the press but I just want to make it quite clear that us fans are onto every little soundbite that is making into the public domain at the moment and scrutinising everything.

And yes, ok then.... you can have an opinion, but just this once!! ;)

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 20:10 - Oct 30 with 2727 viewsDDCH

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 19:55 - Oct 30 by Davillin

I could wish that you read this and the other thread, as there is an abundance of information on them that will help you to firm up your view.

For example, you wrote, "Now the club is worth a lot of money the temptation could be to make a nice profit. " The problem is that if the shareholders sell their shares, none of the sale money goes to the club.

Zero.

They'd be selling our club -- and selling it down the river -- for their own benefit.

You are dead right about having had their initial investment back, and several-fold at that.

It's not good right now unless the entire matter gets cleared up and stability returned.

Thanks for that, I have had a read

I did not see where it said the monies from director sales are going to them personally rather than the club though.

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 20:11 - Oct 30 with 2713 views_

Garry Monk welcomes prospect of outside investment at Swansea City as John Moore on 20:10 - Oct 30 by DDCH

Thanks for that, I have had a read

I did not see where it said the monies from director sales are going to them personally rather than the club though.

Just take that as read now... because that sure is the case.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024