Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
City centre investment 22:12 - Oct 30 with 3466 viewsyogibear_412

more investment into cardiff again....any coming our way? Scandalous how Swansea City centre is allowed to rot when all this is happening down the road.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-29830919
City centre investment on 22:22 - Oct 30 with 2303 viewsPrivate_Partz

And more worrying it would seem it is being paid for by our TV licences and the usual payout from WAG.
Cardiff apparently is the third biggest media centre in the UK. This for a Country of 3 million people.
This massive imbalance will continue as long as the rest of Wales allows it to happen.
Complacency rules.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

City centre investment on 22:29 - Oct 30 with 2266 viewswestside

hart had the cheek to slag off swansea city centre recently yet she gives an enterprise zone to cardiff city centre so all these new offices and bbc wales hq could be built there while doing nothing for swansea.

wag just announced £30 million for a new road to cardiff bay as well.
City centre investment on 22:35 - Oct 30 with 2240 viewsowainglyndwr

The only way is to bombard your AM's otherwise nothing will happen.
You never guess that Hart is from Swansea.
Maybe funny hand shakes going on and the Cardiff clan are looking after her.
City centre investment on 22:40 - Oct 30 with 2221 viewsEdmundo

City centre investment on 22:29 - Oct 30 by westside

hart had the cheek to slag off swansea city centre recently yet she gives an enterprise zone to cardiff city centre so all these new offices and bbc wales hq could be built there while doing nothing for swansea.

Because they can do whatever they think is best for the capital.

Look it's not going to change soon and the more we seem to moan about inequalities, i'm sure the worse it will get.

It's a shame, but I hope it shakes Swansea Cc into action!

#useless bunch of t*ssers

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

City centre investment on 23:04 - Oct 30 with 2152 viewsGroo

To think before 1955 they were not even the capital.

Groo does what Groo does best

City centre investment on 23:09 - Oct 30 with 2118 views_

City centre investment on 22:35 - Oct 30 by owainglyndwr

The only way is to bombard your AM's otherwise nothing will happen.
You never guess that Hart is from Swansea.
Maybe funny hand shakes going on and the Cardiff clan are looking after her.

In Gowerton SA4.... Pop a letter through her door. Not sure if she does Twitter.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

City centre investment on 23:13 - Oct 30 with 2113 viewsLeonisGod

We've got the boulavard mun. What more do you want than acres of paving slabs?
City centre investment on 23:17 - Oct 30 with 2101 viewsMrSwan

The only reason they are the capital is because the people of BBC England Couldn't be arsed driving further into wales and coming to Swansea and decided to set up there thus becoming capital.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Login to get fewer ads

City centre investment on 23:28 - Oct 30 with 2077 viewsyogibear_412

Seems to me that since the Welsh assembly was formed (something Cardiff voted against having!) all the investment has gone there. Waste of money that place and jobs for the boys!! Cabinet ministers resigning then taking another job 6 months later...etc. bloody place stinks!
City centre investment on 06:35 - Oct 31 with 1960 viewsDr_Winston

I don't blame the Assembly for spunking cash into Cardiff anymore than I do rats for breeding in rubbish. It's just what they do.

The blame lies soley with the thousands of idiots in Swansea who let petty stupid nationalism blind them to what was obviously going to end up happening and voted yes.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

City centre investment on 08:11 - Oct 31 with 1862 viewsjack_lord

City centre investment on 06:35 - Oct 31 by Dr_Winston

I don't blame the Assembly for spunking cash into Cardiff anymore than I do rats for breeding in rubbish. It's just what they do.

The blame lies soley with the thousands of idiots in Swansea who let petty stupid nationalism blind them to what was obviously going to end up happening and voted yes.

I am guilty of that. Obviously I didn't understand the full terms of devolution at the time. I think that the people of Swansea and West Wales should set up a parody devolution from Cardiff.
I would then like our new area to be called Welsh Wales.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

City centre investment on 08:14 - Oct 31 with 1851 views3swan

A long way to go, but maybe just maybe a start?

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Council-jobs-moving-Swansea-city-centre/
City centre investment on 08:18 - Oct 31 with 1841 viewsTheArtChappy

City centre investment on 22:29 - Oct 30 by westside

When ever I see her she's buying booze in sainsbury's.

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

City centre investment on 08:33 - Oct 31 with 1798 viewsDewi1jack

City centre investment on 08:18 - Oct 31 by TheArtChappy

When ever I see her she's buying booze in sainsbury's.

Is this because you can't get decent paper bags that'll stay on nowadays?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

City centre investment on 09:03 - Oct 31 with 1762 viewsperchrockjack

Im with Dr win on this.
I ve commented in the past how profoundly depressing Swansea is and all the beauty of GOWER beaches cannot make up for it.
There is, as a Leicester fan pointed out, nothing to do /see in the city .

The city has been declining for decades and is clearly under all the radars .

For a former powerhouse of an industrial centre, its disgusting and shameful

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

City centre investment on 09:10 - Oct 31 with 1750 viewsfelixstowe_jack

If you the Leicester thinks Swansea is bad I suggest he visits his own City Centre It is like being in the third world there.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

City centre investment on 09:13 - Oct 31 with 1742 viewsperchrockjack

Doesn't make it any better for the city we care about.

I loathe LEICESTER as it happens, football, rugby, city, people

City centre investment on 09:33 - Oct 31 with 1728 viewslifelong

City centre investment on 09:03 - Oct 31 by perchrockjack

Im with Dr win on this.
I ve commented in the past how profoundly depressing Swansea is and all the beauty of GOWER beaches cannot make up for it.
There is, as a Leicester fan pointed out, nothing to do /see in the city .

The city has been declining for decades and is clearly under all the radars .

For a former powerhouse of an industrial centre, its disgusting and shameful

Swansea was in a much worse state in the 70's than what it is now, the City Centre was busier then but the onset of out of town retail parks has put paid to that.
City centre investment on 09:47 - Oct 31 with 1700 viewsJackSomething

City centre investment on 23:09 - Oct 30 by _

In Gowerton SA4.... Pop a letter through her door. Not sure if she does Twitter.

I see what you did there.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

City centre investment on 09:48 - Oct 31 with 1696 viewsperchrockjack

Rog.
I nobbed off in 76 and the city I ended up working in ,Liverpool, made Swansea look like some kind of Welsh nirvana. I d never seen so much squalor and inate anger;twas something I can assure you. Industries vanishing, people getting chucked on dole, high interest rates, increasing industrial action.

Liverpool was a basket case; Having spoken to Heseltine at the time of the riots, it was clear THATCHER was allowing LIVERPOOL to die a natural death and the same applied to south WALES . I know Heseltine warned her that she was facing a virtual revolution and industrial areas needed help not a kick in the teeth.

Liverpool recovered only when arch arsewipe HATTON got binned by the people. The City never looked back and the centre now is magnificent . There is now regeneration taking place in the sink estates but a lot still to be done. SWANSEA lost out big time on capital of culture
SADLY, I dont see this happening in Swansea, I DO IN Cardiff and it breako0s my heart to be honest..GENUINE post

City centre investment on 11:28 - Oct 31 with 1624 viewswaynekerr55

City centre investment on 09:48 - Oct 31 by perchrockjack

Rog.
I nobbed off in 76 and the city I ended up working in ,Liverpool, made Swansea look like some kind of Welsh nirvana. I d never seen so much squalor and inate anger;twas something I can assure you. Industries vanishing, people getting chucked on dole, high interest rates, increasing industrial action.

Liverpool was a basket case; Having spoken to Heseltine at the time of the riots, it was clear THATCHER was allowing LIVERPOOL to die a natural death and the same applied to south WALES . I know Heseltine warned her that she was facing a virtual revolution and industrial areas needed help not a kick in the teeth.

Liverpool recovered only when arch arsewipe HATTON got binned by the people. The City never looked back and the centre now is magnificent . There is now regeneration taking place in the sink estates but a lot still to be done. SWANSEA lost out big time on capital of culture
SADLY, I dont see this happening in Swansea, I DO IN Cardiff and it breako0s my heart to be honest..GENUINE post

As the good Doc said, what good does the WG bring? A loss of funding from front line services to pay for an extra tier of incompetent bureaucracy.

It says something as to how incompetent they are when they can't even get a slot in Westminster, which is hardly a bastion of competence.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

City centre investment on 12:25 - Oct 31 with 1543 viewswestside

WAG have hardly started with cardiff and now expanding into the wider south east wales area with even bigger plans for a metro and m4 relief road costing hundreds of millions and into billions.

While there's no plans for swansea like bringing back the mumbles train
City centre investment on 15:20 - Oct 31 with 1414 viewsJBT95

City centre investment on 22:22 - Oct 30 by Private_Partz

And more worrying it would seem it is being paid for by our TV licences and the usual payout from WAG.
Cardiff apparently is the third biggest media centre in the UK. This for a Country of 3 million people.
This massive imbalance will continue as long as the rest of Wales allows it to happen.
Complacency rules.

You just made no sense. Last time I check the UK had 63m not 3m.
City centre investment on 16:42 - Oct 31 with 1324 viewsymaohyd

I highlighted this development some time ago in a thread about the investment in Cardiff compared to Swansea.

The harsh reality is that Swansea back in my childhood (I'm 49) was comparable to Cardiff, now the two cities sadly (apart from their respective football teams) can never really be compared. Recently Edwina Hart made a comment that Swansea shouldn't keep comparing itself to Cardiff and on that issue she is right. Swansea has much going for it and it must develop in it's own right rather than trying to compete on an unequal playing field...'As Cardiff fans like to playfully tell us' 'We get everything' and they are right.

What we must do is embrace ideas like the Tidal Lagoon. From little acorns etc. If this idea gets off the ground many smaller businesses might develop and that's how we have got to develop the city centre. Cardiff has grown due to so many key projects being the catalyst for hotels, restaurants, shops and tourism related industries locating themselves in Cardiff.

In Swansea however, small mindedness abounds, the Tidal Lagoon on this forum is met with apathy, scaremongering, generally any positive idea, be it the lagoon or anything else is met with doubt and disdain in equal measure.

If Oct 31st 2014 is seen as day 1 of Swansea fighting back then big decisions have to be made by the council. Getting rid of the likes of Toys are us, Sainsbury's, Tesco and all of Park Tawe from key sites in the city centre has to be first priority. How on earth these developments were allowed is a disgrace. Previous council administrations commissioned a report into the future of Swansea city centre and all highlighted these key real estate areas as being fundamental to the commercial future of the city, blending and connecting the marina with the city...that is the way forward.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

City centre investment on 20:03 - Oct 31 with 1183 viewsBrynmill_Jack

City centre investment on 16:42 - Oct 31 by ymaohyd

I highlighted this development some time ago in a thread about the investment in Cardiff compared to Swansea.

The harsh reality is that Swansea back in my childhood (I'm 49) was comparable to Cardiff, now the two cities sadly (apart from their respective football teams) can never really be compared. Recently Edwina Hart made a comment that Swansea shouldn't keep comparing itself to Cardiff and on that issue she is right. Swansea has much going for it and it must develop in it's own right rather than trying to compete on an unequal playing field...'As Cardiff fans like to playfully tell us' 'We get everything' and they are right.

What we must do is embrace ideas like the Tidal Lagoon. From little acorns etc. If this idea gets off the ground many smaller businesses might develop and that's how we have got to develop the city centre. Cardiff has grown due to so many key projects being the catalyst for hotels, restaurants, shops and tourism related industries locating themselves in Cardiff.

In Swansea however, small mindedness abounds, the Tidal Lagoon on this forum is met with apathy, scaremongering, generally any positive idea, be it the lagoon or anything else is met with doubt and disdain in equal measure.

If Oct 31st 2014 is seen as day 1 of Swansea fighting back then big decisions have to be made by the council. Getting rid of the likes of Toys are us, Sainsbury's, Tesco and all of Park Tawe from key sites in the city centre has to be first priority. How on earth these developments were allowed is a disgrace. Previous council administrations commissioned a report into the future of Swansea city centre and all highlighted these key real estate areas as being fundamental to the commercial future of the city, blending and connecting the marina with the city...that is the way forward.

Excellent post mate. Swansea has never had the same amount of prosperity as Cardiff although it must have been a close run thing when the copper industry was at it's height.

So in reality, without the massive amount of coal money that poured in to Cardiff during the last 150 years and without the capital city tag we've not done too badly paddling our own canoe. What we do have in landscape and topography not many towns/cities in the UK have, if any.

Unfortunately any future positive development has been strangled and constrained by the W.A.G. , which like Jack Lord I voted yes for, naively thinking a fairer Wales would ensue, but the result of 15 years devolution couldn't be further from that ideal. It's obvious that the W.A.G. sees the rest of Wales as mere suburbs of Cardiff, or maybe they see Cardiff AS Wales.
Time to strive for independent city state status, as soon as possible!!!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024