Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 01:00 - Oct 31 with 3391 views_

Talking about the infamous letter Mrs Monk received i mentioned one I'd sent the legend Frankie Burrows 21 years ago next month.

This was his reply that got my total respect and to shut up a mad, young Swans fan ;-)

Dear Mr T2C

Thank you for your letter, and if I can answer your questions I will try.

You talk about the playing system of one central striker with two wide strikers, when this is working well all three strikers should have plenty of movement and goal chances.

This club is losing £5,000 a week and part of my job is to raise money to help Mr Sharpe keep Swans in a financially stable position. This means I have to develop the youth policy and also try and sell at a profit so that you can have a football club to support.

In Mr Sharpe's case, he must have put hundreds of thousands of pounds of his money to keep the Swans going.

So I find your criticism about Mr Sharpe and myself lacking the ambition to get out of Division 1 totally wrong and you are out of order in saying so.

This week I have had talks with Ron Donovan, Peter Storer, Craig Marshall and Ian Brogie. At this moment in time I don't have any money to bring players in unless I sell another player and I don't really want to sell anymore young players at this stage.

So I will be trying to bring loan players in like Warren Aspinall, but the wage that Warren gets is so way out of our league money wise.

I don't answer all my letters because I have no short hand typist here at the club and as you can see i have to write it myself and as my writing is not that good anyway you will spend the rest of the week trying to read it.

This is private information so I hope as a supporter you respect this. Thank you for your support.

Yours

Frankie Burrows

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 10:24 - Oct 31 with 1081 viewsJackfath

Well when I was a youth the only letters sent were to Santa and Jimmy to try to get onto his Tv programme. You seem to have taken it a step further and written to the manager of a football club. lol.

As I said previously, at that time, his conduct was not common knowledge and therefore the insinuation I am trying to link you with him in some sick way is all in your head. Another attempt to twist what;s written to cause trouble on here, to suit your agenda.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 10:28 - Oct 31 with 1070 viewsDarran

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 10:18 - Oct 31 by Jackfath

I am not your mate. I am not insinuating anything. Please stop sending me threatening PMs.

Threatening PMs? Really?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 10:30 - Oct 31 with 1070 views_

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 10:24 - Oct 31 by Jackfath

Well when I was a youth the only letters sent were to Santa and Jimmy to try to get onto his Tv programme. You seem to have taken it a step further and written to the manager of a football club. lol.

As I said previously, at that time, his conduct was not common knowledge and therefore the insinuation I am trying to link you with him in some sick way is all in your head. Another attempt to twist what;s written to cause trouble on here, to suit your agenda.

You knew exactly what you were insinuating by even mentioning a vile, disgusting paedophile in some sort of sick jibe. You'd think you of all people would know better.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 10:31 - Oct 31 with 1064 viewsJackfath

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 10:28 - Oct 31 by Darran

Threatening PMs? Really?

Sadly yes. T2C sends them to me every time I post on here for some reason. As I posted last night, this place is not worth the hassle any more when people like this are able to get away with this sort of thing.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 10:33 - Oct 31 with 1064 views_

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 10:31 - Oct 31 by Jackfath

Sadly yes. T2C sends them to me every time I post on here for some reason. As I posted last night, this place is not worth the hassle any more when people like this are able to get away with this sort of thing.

Or maybe I just said fack off you weirdo and make sick paedophile jokes to my face not on here.

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 10:33 - Oct 31 with 1059 viewsDarran

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 10:31 - Oct 31 by Jackfath

That's poor it really is.

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 10:38 - Oct 31 with 1043 viewsFag_Ash_Will

There are other Swans sites, mind.

One of which has a snazzy new chat feature where you can talk to your hearts content as a guest without the need to log in.

How great is that?
Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 10:39 - Oct 31 with 1038 views_

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 10:33 - Oct 31 by Darran

That's poor it really is.

Do you condone making sick jibes about paedophiles, Darran? Is that what you're about also?

I thought that was a bit sick but typical of him. Actually, you also, the way you two round up on posters. Horrible.

Login to get fewer ads

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 10:41 - Oct 31 with 1032 viewsJackfath

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 10:39 - Oct 31 by _

Do you condone making sick jibes about paedophiles, Darran? Is that what you're about also?

I thought that was a bit sick but typical of him. Actually, you also, the way you two round up on posters. Horrible.

You are twisting things to try to cause trouble.

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 10:43 - Oct 31 with 1021 viewsDarran

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 10:39 - Oct 31 by _

I'm not rounding up on anything you've been asked to stop posting personal stuff on here and you've clearly refused.
It's poor very poor.

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 10:47 - Oct 31 with 1003 views_

Twisting your words??

I don't think so, mate. Do one will you!?

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 13:06 - Oct 31 with 912 viewsicecoldjack

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 10:43 - Oct 31 by Darran

I'm not rounding up on anything you've been asked to stop posting personal stuff on here and you've clearly refused.
It's poor very poor.

Oh the irony ..
Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 13:13 - Oct 31 with 896 viewsDarran

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 13:06 - Oct 31 by icecoldjack

Oh the irony ..

I don't post personal stuff.

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 13:28 - Oct 31 with 873 views_

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 13:13 - Oct 31 by Darran

I don't post personal stuff.

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 13:33 - Oct 31 with 863 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Fantastic letter. Great laugh to dig it out now years later.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 13:42 - Oct 31 with 836 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I see a copy of the original you sent him in the back there, so c'mon - let's have it in all it's glory!

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 14:02 - Oct 31 with 804 views_

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 13:42 - Oct 31 by NeiltheTaylor

I see a copy of the original you sent him in the back there, so c'mon - let's have it in all it's glory!

Haha! Not sure about that, that was a bit embarrassing. ;-)

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 14:07 - Oct 31 with 793 viewsDarran

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 14:02 - Oct 31 by _

Haha! Not sure about that, that was a bit embarrassing. ;-)

"Street Cred Right Down The Shitter Thread"

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 14:35 - Oct 31 with 765 views_

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 14:07 - Oct 31 by Darran

"Street Cred Right Down The Shitter Thread"

If you say so butt...

One thing I know for sure. I never ever saw you in the Vetch days.

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 14:47 - Oct 31 with 746 viewsDarran

Letter received from the legend Frankie Burrows 26th November 1993 on 14:35 - Oct 31 by _

If you say so butt...

One thing I know for sure. I never ever saw you in the Vetch days.

And?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024