Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Talking about referees. 11:55 - Oct 31 with 1017 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I see that Stuart Attwell returns to the Premier League this weekend three years after being demoted following his serial blundering.

I wonder when we'll get him next?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Talking about referees. on 11:59 - Oct 31 with 997 viewsSwanzay

No worse than we already seem to have in the Premier

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2811003/Record-breaking-refere

Watford vs Reading, September 2008
A Reading corner was deflected over the goal-line, with Noel Hunt attempting unsuccessfully to flick it back into play. Assistant Nigel Bannister flagged for a goal, and Attwell awarded it.
What they said: 'Probably the worst decision I've ever witnessed in football,' according to Stephen Hunt - and he played for Reading.
Derby County vs Nottingham Forest, November 2008
Attwell disallowed two Derby goals in the final few minutes and showed a straight red card to Forest midfielder Lewis McGugan.
What they said: Derby manager Paul Jewell accused Attwell of 'losing control' and 'robbing' his team of a win.
Manchester City vs Wigan, April 2010
Gary Caldwell was shown a straight red card for a foul on Carlos Tevez, but the Latics defender looked to have played the ball and only struck his opponent with a trailing leg.
What they said: Wigan manager Roberto Martínez: 'To give a decision after something you don't see, that is lying. You are making it up.'
Stoke vs Bolton, April 2010
Matt Taylor scored with a low free-kick with five minutes remaining. Attwell had allowed Stoke to play on before awarding the free-kick after Bolton substitute Vladimir Weiss went to ground.
What they said: Stoke defender Danny Higginbotham claimed Attwell was influenced by 'who shouted the loudest'.
Liverpool vs Sunderland, September 2010
Attwell allowed a Dirk Kuyt goal after Michael Turner had touched a free-kick to goalkeeper Simon Mignolet, who believed the ball was still dead. Fernando Torres nicked it from him and set up Kuyt.
What they said: Sunderland boss Steve Bruce called the decision 'a joke'.
Bolton vs Tottenham, December 2011
Attwell showed Gary Cahill a straight red card for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity with a professional foul on Scott Parker, who was 10 yards from the halfway line.
What they said: Bolton manger Owen Coyle was 'totally bemused'. Chairman Phil Gartside added it was an 'absolute disgrace'.
Talking about referees. on 12:05 - Oct 31 with 984 views_

There must be a seriously small pool of referee's capable (or incapable) of officiating in the professional game, especially the leagues with huge exposure.

I mean, Oliver should be the norm, not the exception but he often gets a lot of attention due to his age/experience etc.... but in fairness, the odd mistake here and there, he's one of the best.

No wonder you may add when managers (unfairly) label them with really derogatory comments and name calling, and vice chairmen too....

We all like to moan at the ref but to think there's a conspiracy is just pathetic.

Martinez adding his bit:

Toffees' manager Roberto Martinez - who played with Monk and managed him at Swansea - is happy with the standard of refereeing in the Premier League.
"I've never ever seen a team that always gets poor decisions and in the same way I've never seen a team that they always get good decisions," said Martinez.
"Yes there are certain teams that are always on the ball and they probably get more breaks than the others, but everything levels up over the course of the season.
"We are quite fortunate with our refereeing standards in our league so we shouldn't lose sight of that."

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Talking about referees. on 12:18 - Oct 31 with 962 viewsLeonisGod

Talking about referees. on 11:59 - Oct 31 by Swanzay

No worse than we already seem to have in the Premier

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2811003/Record-breaking-refere

Watford vs Reading, September 2008
A Reading corner was deflected over the goal-line, with Noel Hunt attempting unsuccessfully to flick it back into play. Assistant Nigel Bannister flagged for a goal, and Attwell awarded it.
What they said: 'Probably the worst decision I've ever witnessed in football,' according to Stephen Hunt - and he played for Reading.
Derby County vs Nottingham Forest, November 2008
Attwell disallowed two Derby goals in the final few minutes and showed a straight red card to Forest midfielder Lewis McGugan.
What they said: Derby manager Paul Jewell accused Attwell of 'losing control' and 'robbing' his team of a win.
Manchester City vs Wigan, April 2010
Gary Caldwell was shown a straight red card for a foul on Carlos Tevez, but the Latics defender looked to have played the ball and only struck his opponent with a trailing leg.
What they said: Wigan manager Roberto Martínez: 'To give a decision after something you don't see, that is lying. You are making it up.'
Stoke vs Bolton, April 2010
Matt Taylor scored with a low free-kick with five minutes remaining. Attwell had allowed Stoke to play on before awarding the free-kick after Bolton substitute Vladimir Weiss went to ground.
What they said: Stoke defender Danny Higginbotham claimed Attwell was influenced by 'who shouted the loudest'.
Liverpool vs Sunderland, September 2010
Attwell allowed a Dirk Kuyt goal after Michael Turner had touched a free-kick to goalkeeper Simon Mignolet, who believed the ball was still dead. Fernando Torres nicked it from him and set up Kuyt.
What they said: Sunderland boss Steve Bruce called the decision 'a joke'.
Bolton vs Tottenham, December 2011
Attwell showed Gary Cahill a straight red card for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity with a professional foul on Scott Parker, who was 10 yards from the halfway line.
What they said: Bolton manger Owen Coyle was 'totally bemused'. Chairman Phil Gartside added it was an 'absolute disgrace'.

Not a patch on Robert Madley, the chump that refd our 3-3 with Stoke last season. For me that was hands down the worst refereeing display I've ever witnessed, at any level, pro or amateur. Shocking to the point that corruption questions should have been asked.
Talking about referees. on 12:28 - Oct 31 with 946 viewsjackal

Worst ref in the history of the game. Not only incompetent but pompous and arrogant with it.
Talking about referees. on 12:56 - Oct 31 with 907 viewsScoobyWho

Clive Thomas 'times'

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Talking about referees. on 13:19 - Oct 31 with 870 viewsDewi1jack

Talking about referees. on 12:28 - Oct 31 by jackal

Worst ref in the history of the game. Not only incompetent but pompous and arrogant with it.

What about that ref we had against Scunthorpe?
Sent a few off and our Dr holding Bess up to finish the game.
Think he was from the Isle of Wight. Could have been the Isle of man. Must have been about 5000 fans baying for his blood that night.
God we've had some pretty sh1te refs through the years. But, they do seem fitter and better on the whole, than those idiots we seemed to get in the lower leagues.
Think they were much worse when we were down the Vetch

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Talking about referees. on 13:36 - Oct 31 with 835 viewswaynekerr55

Talking about referees. on 12:05 - Oct 31 by _

There must be a seriously small pool of referee's capable (or incapable) of officiating in the professional game, especially the leagues with huge exposure.

I mean, Oliver should be the norm, not the exception but he often gets a lot of attention due to his age/experience etc.... but in fairness, the odd mistake here and there, he's one of the best.

No wonder you may add when managers (unfairly) label them with really derogatory comments and name calling, and vice chairmen too....

We all like to moan at the ref but to think there's a conspiracy is just pathetic.

Martinez adding his bit:

Toffees' manager Roberto Martinez - who played with Monk and managed him at Swansea - is happy with the standard of refereeing in the Premier League.
"I've never ever seen a team that always gets poor decisions and in the same way I've never seen a team that they always get good decisions," said Martinez.
"Yes there are certain teams that are always on the ball and they probably get more breaks than the others, but everything levels up over the course of the season.
"We are quite fortunate with our refereeing standards in our league so we shouldn't lose sight of that."

And you told me I was persistent

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Talking about referees. on 13:58 - Oct 31 with 794 viewsjackal

Talking about referees. on 13:19 - Oct 31 by Dewi1jack

Think he was from the Isle of Wight. Could have been the Isle of man. Must have been about 5000 fans baying for his blood that night.
God we've had some pretty sh1te refs through the years. But, they do seem fitter and better on the whole, than those idiots we seemed to get in the lower leagues.

I remember the game but not who the ref was. Bes could just about stand and the pr*ck wouldn't let him off. Even more tragic now that we know Bes had heart trouble.
Being Premier League you would hope that the standard of refereeing had improved.
Login to get fewer ads

Talking about referees. on 14:03 - Oct 31 with 782 views_

Talking about referees. on 13:36 - Oct 31 by waynekerr55

And you told me I was persistent

Just saying the leagues are obviously suffering with getting decent ref's.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Talking about referees. on 16:20 - Oct 31 with 685 viewsOhRobbieRobbie

Talking about referees. on 13:19 - Oct 31 by Dewi1jack

James Linington
Talking about referees. on 16:57 - Oct 31 with 660 viewsunion_jack

Talking about referees. on 12:18 - Oct 31 by LeonisGod

Not a patch on Robert Madley, the chump that refd our 3-3 with Stoke last season. For me that was hands down the worst refereeing display I've ever witnessed, at any level, pro or amateur. Shocking to the point that corruption questions should have been asked.

As far as I'm concerned, that is an understatement!!! Absolutely the worst performance ever or anywhere.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Talking about referees. on 18:46 - Oct 31 with 590 viewsDewi1jack

Talking about referees. on 12:18 - Oct 31 by LeonisGod

This is another ref who must have had us down for a score draw.
Angel gets fouled- Stoke RFC get a free kick
No Stoke RFC player, except Begovic (I think) appeals for a penalty- fuk it, give one anyway

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Talking about referees. on 22:27 - Oct 31 with 522 viewshydraulicjack

Absolutely spot on mate

********************TRUST NO-ONE************************

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024