Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman 22:42 - Oct 31 with 5443 viewsDeLomaz

Im 14 years old from Gloucestershire, England and ive been supprting Swansea for about 3-4 years now as thats when ive really started to love football, watching it and playing it aswell, people are always saying, why are you supporting a club which isnt english, well... To be honest, i have no family or relatives that are Welsh or have been supporting Swansea but personally i dont see this is a problem, im proud to be a Swans supporter, im always watching the games on TV by any means neccessary, and always trying to buy a ticket to the games, as well as a train to get there, im always wearing my jersey when the games on and quite frankly, i love Swansea and no one is going to tell me different, i just want to hear some views on whether its right or not

Thanks

DeLomaz
Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 09:05 - Nov 1 with 1386 viewsScoobyWho

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 23:08 - Oct 31 by DeLomaz

Thans all you guys, cant wait to start posting some discussions

This is where it could go downhill ;-)
Welcome to the Jack Army !

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 11:57 - Nov 1 with 1269 viewsC_jack

Support your local team. Whats wrong with Cheltenham? Used to love a trip to whaddon road (?)

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 12:08 - Nov 1 with 1256 viewscentrestandswan

Makes no difference if you are an Englishman or not support who ever you like, lots of Swans fans from Neath, ask some in Swansea where that is and they would have to look it up on Google Earth.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 12:23 - Nov 1 with 1236 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 11:57 - Nov 1 by C_jack

Support your local team. Whats wrong with Cheltenham? Used to love a trip to whaddon road (?)

WTF ! Seriously dude you want to turn potential fans AWAY? If things go pear shaped and we end up back in L2 with Cheltenham I hope you remind yourself of this post.
Didn't we all once dream of having SCFC fans everywhere? I was almost choked up when some Forest fans said they wanted to come to Wembley and support us in the play off final. That's the same Forest that won two European cups (champions league to some of our younger viewers.........)

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 12:24 - Nov 1 with 1232 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 22:57 - Oct 31 by DeLomaz

Haha, its good i know some Welsh from my mate, i definitely want to visit, hopefully after january :)

And of course welcome aboard DL!

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 12:29 - Nov 1 with 1216 viewsC_jack

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 12:23 - Nov 1 by Brynmill_Jack

WTF ! Seriously dude you want to turn potential fans AWAY? If things go pear shaped and we end up back in L2 with Cheltenham I hope you remind yourself of this post.
Didn't we all once dream of having SCFC fans everywhere? I was almost choked up when some Forest fans said they wanted to come to Wembley and support us in the play off final. That's the same Forest that won two European cups (champions league to some of our younger viewers.........)

Personal preference I guess, no doubt ten years ago there were young teens in Swansea supporting PL teams over their local side. Would you have approved of that?

Nothing beats supporting your local team. Hypocritical to chastise others in the area for supporting Man U, Liverpool etc yet welcoming those from outside our own area to support us.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2014 12:30]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 12:38 - Nov 1 with 1191 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 12:29 - Nov 1 by C_jack

Personal preference I guess, no doubt ten years ago there were young teens in Swansea supporting PL teams over their local side. Would you have approved of that?

Nothing beats supporting your local team. Hypocritical to chastise others in the area for supporting Man U, Liverpool etc yet welcoming those from outside our own area to support us.

Unfortunately that's the way things are I guess. I never supported a Big team over the Swans , I've gone to games in every division, sometimes with under 2,000 at the vetch. If somebody got into football via watching sky and developed a great affinity for us it could hardly be called glory hunting could it? We won't win the league, we never will be as massive as the top four or even as big as the regular top ten in the PL.

Maybe our "underdog" status and the mystique of being the only "foreign" side in the top tier of British football and the most high profile league in the world is amazingly attractive and makes people want to be a part of a truly special and unique rags to riches football club.

If that's the case the more (not Moore lol) the merrier!

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 13:24 - Nov 1 with 1160 viewsGreatBritton

DaLomaz, you are 14 and you are a child, QED. Don't worry though, there are quite a few children on this forum. I welcome you and do not distrust you or your motives. Please note that the past tense of broadcast is not broadcasted, however.
Login to get fewer ads

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 13:55 - Nov 1 with 1128 viewsStarsky

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 12:29 - Nov 1 by C_jack

It's only hypocritical if it's the same person chastising the local folk supporting distant Premier teams that is welcoming an English lad now supporting Swansea.
Personally it's their choice and welcome to him on this forum.
Also, don't put us in the same glory hunting bracket as the top 4. It's not quiet the same.

It's just the internet, init.

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 14:04 - Nov 1 with 1113 viewsAnotherJohn

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 13:55 - Nov 1 by Starsky

It's only hypocritical if it's the same person chastising the local folk supporting distant Premier teams that is welcoming an English lad now supporting Swansea.
Also, don't put us in the same glory hunting bracket as the top 4. It's not quiet the same.

I say welcome. We are a Welsh side, but we are also the most attractive club for many in the Southwest and should not see the Severn as the outer boundary of our catchment area. That is partly why we need expansion. If we build it they will come.
Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 14:16 - Nov 1 with 1086 viewsStarsky

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 14:04 - Nov 1 by AnotherJohn

I say welcome. We are a Welsh side, but we are also the most attractive club for many in the Southwest and should not see the Severn as the outer boundary of our catchment area. That is partly why we need expansion. If we build it they will come.

It's that pesky £6.40 toll charge that's going to stop them John...

It's just the internet, init.

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 14:53 - Nov 1 with 1050 viewseddie71

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 13:55 - Nov 1 by Starsky

Not sure its the same, when we were in the lower divisons Liverpool etc plastics didnt bother me like they do now. It bothers me more because they are rivals and they are shouting against thier local side.

Its never going to change anyway but I like the fact that our team is getting fans from all over the country.
Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 15:24 - Nov 1 with 1034 viewsBloodyhills

It's never wrong to be a Swans fan.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 16:02 - Nov 1 with 1012 viewspierre91

..no dl, just enjoy.
Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 17:56 - Nov 1 with 947 viewsVetchitBack

It's certainly not wrong.

I'll tell you the sort I find hypocritical - the virulently anti-English rugby types of South Wales who shun Swans and "them" and claim to support Liverpool or Man Utd.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 23:25 - Nov 1 with 850 viewscockett_jack

As an England supporting Swansea Jack I say welcome aboard!
Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 23:48 - Nov 1 with 831 viewsPlazex

Well, i'm the same age and most people, I mean plastic fans in my school support the 'big' teams (Real Madrid, FCB, Bayern, Man U/C, L'pool etc...) But it's great to have you as a fan :) Great motorway service station you have in gloucester, I must admit.

Poll: Where will we finish?

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 00:21 - Nov 2 with 814 viewsTNT

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 12:38 - Nov 1 by Brynmill_Jack

Unfortunately that's the way things are I guess. I never supported a Big team over the Swans , I've gone to games in every division, sometimes with under 2,000 at the vetch. If somebody got into football via watching sky and developed a great affinity for us it could hardly be called glory hunting could it? We won't win the league, we never will be as massive as the top four or even as big as the regular top ten in the PL.

Maybe our "underdog" status and the mystique of being the only "foreign" side in the top tier of British football and the most high profile league in the world is amazingly attractive and makes people want to be a part of a truly special and unique rags to riches football club.

If that's the case the more (not Moore lol) the merrier!

There was always a hard core 3,000 at The Vetch... and you know who you are.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 00:37 - Nov 2 with 796 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 00:21 - Nov 2 by TNT

There was always a hard core 3,000 at The Vetch... and you know who you are.

Yes I do know who I am. I also know we AVERAGED 2,052 in the 74/75 season then in the 75/76 season we had our lowest league attendance ever , 1,311 vs Brentford. Fact.
So now not only do I know who I am, I know I'm right.
The game that sticks in my mind from the John Bond era was in 85/86 where I'm sure under 2,000 watched us play Walsall down the Vetch. I'll have to find out if it's was as I remember it.

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 01:17 - Nov 2 with 775 viewsQuakerJack

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 00:37 - Nov 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes I do know who I am. I also know we AVERAGED 2,052 in the 74/75 season then in the 75/76 season we had our lowest league attendance ever , 1,311 vs Brentford. Fact.
So now not only do I know who I am, I know I'm right.
The game that sticks in my mind from the John Bond era was in 85/86 where I'm sure under 2,000 watched us play Walsall down the Vetch. I'll have to find out if it's was as I remember it.

I remember a game against Northampton on a Tuesday night where there was only 2k at the Vetch, I can't even remember when or what the score was (might have been 1-1), all I remember was letting out a depressed huff when they announced the crowd, it was 2,000 ish, probably wasn't rare either, I'm talking early 2000s or maybe even late 90s.... just don't ask me to be a witness for anything.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 01:26 - Nov 2 with 764 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 01:17 - Nov 2 by QuakerJack

I remember a game against Northampton on a Tuesday night where there was only 2k at the Vetch, I can't even remember when or what the score was (might have been 1-1), all I remember was letting out a depressed huff when they announced the crowd, it was 2,000 ish, probably wasn't rare either, I'm talking early 2000s or maybe even late 90s.... just don't ask me to be a witness for anything.

People do romanticise about our large 3,000 hardcore and for a lot of the time it has been true. Some of us have witnessed real Nadir's though

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 01:33 - Nov 2 with 760 viewsFieryJack

We'll I've been supporting the swans since 1979/am English but my attachment is solid and enduring/my ex is from pontarddulais but now live in north of England/I sound like G Monk but that's because he comes from my home town of Bedford! Once a swan always a swan!
Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 01:43 - Nov 2 with 749 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 01:33 - Nov 2 by FieryJack

We'll I've been supporting the swans since 1979/am English but my attachment is solid and enduring/my ex is from pontarddulais but now live in north of England/I sound like G Monk but that's because he comes from my home town of Bedford! Once a swan always a swan!

Great to hear mate and good to have such loyalty over such a long period of time

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 05:03 - Nov 2 with 721 viewsQuakerJack

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 01:33 - Nov 2 by FieryJack

Where about in the north of England you living?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 11:09 - Nov 2 with 644 viewsmichumagic9

I'm 16 from perth, Australia and I support Swansea to. Have no family members that are welsh either. Been supporting the jacks since I was 12 now and I only know about one or two people here who support them aswell.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024