Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kenji Gorre 20:04 - Nov 4 with 3979 viewsSwan91

I saw him play in the U21's and he looked pretty good and it looks like he is one of the better players. Wonder if he will make his way into the first team in the next couple of years. Was quite suprised he didnt go out to pre season in america with the first team. Always thought he looked good.
Kenji Gorre on 20:06 - Nov 4 with 3970 viewsJackfath

5 goals from 5 games in the U21s?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Kenji Gorre on 20:24 - Nov 4 with 3915 viewsKilkennyjack

Yes - 20 year old and a man united product, 5 in 5 speaks for itself. Well done - yjb.

Beware of the Risen People

Kenji Gorre on 22:46 - Nov 4 with 3641 viewsOptimisticJack

He was one of the Swans representatives at the Disabled Supporters Open night. A really nice lad who spent a lot of time going around and chatting to people. Great to see him doing well.
Keep it going Kenji!!

Optimisticjack

Kenji Gorre on 11:28 - Nov 5 with 3386 viewsskippyjack

He's after a few brownie points.. trying to get in the managers good books.. little worm what he is..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Kenji Gorre on 12:02 - Nov 11 with 3145 viewsSwan91

Scored again last night. 8th goal of the season.
Kenji Gorre on 23:07 - Jan 26 with 2854 viewsSwan91

2 more goals against qpr u-21's. Should definitely be considered surely.
Kenji Gorre on 23:12 - Jan 26 with 2799 viewsDarran

Kenji Gorre on 23:07 - Jan 26 by Swan91

Perhaps he could be considered for the bench,hell of a step up mind Mate.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Kenji Gorre on 23:30 - Jan 26 with 2731 viewsairedale

Compact in stature though?
Login to get fewer ads

Kenji Gorre on 23:44 - Jan 26 with 2684 viewsKilkennyjack

Give him a place on the bench, perfect. Otherwise why have an u21 set up if his fine efforts mean nothing.

Beware of the Risen People

Kenji Gorre on 23:52 - Jan 26 with 2666 viewsicecoldjack

Kenji Gorre on 23:12 - Jan 26 by Darran

Agree, but this is exactly why we invest in the youth. Some will swim some won't i see no harm in giving him a reward for good form, even if its just to travel with the first team .

Difficult for Monk in terms of dropping a senior player out though, good to know we could give him a try in an injury crisis.

Laudrup brought him here from Man utd via ajax if memory serves me well.
Kenji Gorre on 05:29 - Jan 27 with 2526 viewsSwan91

Yeah that's what I meant to be considered for the bench. I know it's a step up but he has done as much as he can do in th U-21's to prove that he should atleast be looked at joining the first team squad for training or something. Scoring goals and putting in very good performances. We won't know if he will put in the same performances in premier league games until we try him.

Who knows him and barrow (who both would want to fight for a place to stay in the first team) could be is what needed to get Routledge and dyer performing better again. To keep their place.
Kenji Gorre on 09:05 - Jan 27 with 2303 viewsScotia

Perhaps a month or two on loan at a championship club?
I've seen him a few times for the U21's and I think he is the stand - out player after Barrow. Big future.
Kenji Gorre on 12:41 - Jan 27 with 2063 viewsQuakerJack

If it's a choice between him and that mercenary who gave 29% on Saturday I'd say start him at Southampton...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Kenji Gorre on 12:47 - Jan 27 with 2047 viewssomersetsimon

Kenji Gorre on 23:07 - Jan 26 by Swan91

Did anyone see that match? Grimes played, so it would be good to find out how he got on.
Kenji Gorre on 13:08 - Jan 27 with 1987 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Perhaps he could give Gomis a few pointers on how to find the back of the net with the ball?
Kenji Gorre on 14:18 - Jan 27 with 1913 viewstomdickharry

Kenji Gorre on 23:44 - Jan 26 by Kilkennyjack

Give him a place on the bench, perfect. Otherwise why have an u21 set up if his fine efforts mean nothing.

From a report on last nights game -
There is no doubting Kenji Gorre's ability to find the net but his ability to drift out of the game and knack of not fully understanding the defensive element demanded from a wide player was obvious in the latter third of the game last night. Extremely quick, there is no doubting the 20 year old in front of goal, but he is another player in the 21's where he needs to sample life outside in the Football League and see if he can step up to the next level.
I think a sense of reality is needed in respect of this young player even the jump to Development League 1 is big.
Kenji Gorre on 14:57 - Jan 27 with 1885 viewsLeonisGod

Tall bench is it? No wonder Dyer's not happy when he's on it.
Kenji Gorre on 15:34 - Jan 27 with 1849 viewszaragozajack

Kenji Gorre on 12:47 - Jan 27 by somersetsimon

Did anyone see that match? Grimes played, so it would be good to find out how he got on.

He played really well. Comfortable on the ball and linked up with others effectively. Put himself about the park in defence and attack and made an excellent run from midfield to grab an assist for the second goal. Obviously not quite up to full match sharpness but definitely has bags of talent and potential

Blog: Why we need to get behind Garry Monk

Kenji Gorre on 15:40 - Jan 27 with 1837 viewspencoedjack

Kenji Gorre on 15:34 - Jan 27 by zaragozajack

He played really well. Comfortable on the ball and linked up with others effectively. Put himself about the park in defence and attack and made an excellent run from midfield to grab an assist for the second goal. Obviously not quite up to full match sharpness but definitely has bags of talent and potential

I'd like to see Grimes given his chance in the 1st team (cameo role), 1.75 million is a lot of money to pay .... The reports I hear is that he seems to be potentially the real deal.
Kenji Gorre on 20:54 - Jan 27 with 1656 viewsjackeinstein

Kenji Gorre on 15:40 - Jan 27 by pencoedjack

I'd like to see Grimes given his chance in the 1st team (cameo role), 1.75 million is a lot of money to pay .... The reports I hear is that he seems to be potentially the real deal.

Having also watched the match last night I would like to add a couple of points.
On kenji he is undoubtedly finding the net this season but as in a previous post he is prone to forget his defensive duties and does drift in and outI think a loan move to a league 1 or 2 club is his next move to gain some real experience and see if he can perform there as Liam shepherd and Ryan hedges are doing.
I was undecided on Matt Grimes sorry guys you can see he is comfortable on the ball and can create but no more than Josh Sheehan or Adam King, it was in fact Sheehan that looked the more accomplished player bar a couple of risky passes and I wonder why we are paying big sums of money for players when we have lads of similar quality already at the club.
Kenji Gorre on 22:26 - Jan 27 with 1580 viewssomersetsimon

Kenji Gorre on 20:54 - Jan 27 by jackeinstein

Having also watched the match last night I would like to add a couple of points.
On kenji he is undoubtedly finding the net this season but as in a previous post he is prone to forget his defensive duties and does drift in and outI think a loan move to a league 1 or 2 club is his next move to gain some real experience and see if he can perform there as Liam shepherd and Ryan hedges are doing.
I was undecided on Matt Grimes sorry guys you can see he is comfortable on the ball and can create but no more than Josh Sheehan or Adam King, it was in fact Sheehan that looked the more accomplished player bar a couple of risky passes and I wonder why we are paying big sums of money for players when we have lads of similar quality already at the club.

Some players play a lot better when they have that extra responsibility and pressure of playing in the first team (obviously some don't). The only way to find out is to give them a go.
Kenji Gorre on 22:47 - Jan 27 with 1529 viewsicecoldjack

Kenji Gorre on 22:26 - Jan 27 by somersetsimon

Some players play a lot better when they have that extra responsibility and pressure of playing in the first team (obviously some don't). The only way to find out is to give them a go.

I agree with this.

Sometimes players can make the jump without going on loan and getting the sh!te kicked out of them at lower league teams.

It was my hope and still is, that we can get safe with games to spare and play some of these lads, why pussyfoot around init.

As mentioned above paying £1,7m for potential (Grimes) seems a bit rich for me, many premier league teams including ourselves are paying that amount for proven players, it would be good to get him in there early to see if he can make the step.

we have signed

Foulton
king
kenji gorre
grimes
donnely
barrow

for probably more than we built our championship team with! sobering thought eh ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024