Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? 23:37 - Nov 11 with 12397 viewsLord_Bony

Well Swansea City Counil own the land. A consortium of developers and the council built the stadium in 2005 at a cost of £26 million...upon further investigation the council have leased the ground to SCFC for a period of no less than 150 years!

So there is no danger of it being taken back in our lifetimes.

Feasibly the club could buy back off the council,who would be sympathetic to the cause for somewhere in the region of £15-20 million?

There would probably be a clause whereby we would have to give a good deal to The Ospreys and look after them so they may still enjoy there peppercorn rent they are currently paying.

The consequences of this would be very positive for the clubs future and a prime asset to own.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2014 23:41]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 21:18 - Nov 16 with 1033 viewsjackonicko

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 21:14 - Nov 16 by exiledclaseboy

Well I did preface my answer by clarifying that I'd hardly read the thread and have absolutely no knowledge of corporate finance whatsoever. I simply interpreted the sentence as you (apparently) wrote it.

This thread is nothing to do with corporate finance. It's at the more dull end of boring accountancy chat and I say that as someone who is one.

Please make it stop.
Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 21:18 - Nov 16 with 1033 viewsIslander

Lisa seems to be quoting her CIMA text books
Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 21:21 - Nov 16 with 1017 viewsUxbridge

Just to level set, even I'm finding this thread tedious. It must be bad.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 21:22 - Nov 16 with 1015 viewsexiledclaseboy

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 21:18 - Nov 16 by jackonicko

This thread is nothing to do with corporate finance. It's at the more dull end of boring accountancy chat and I say that as someone who is one.

Please make it stop.

It's all Greek to me old son. It seems to serve a purpose for Shaky and Lisa's passive-aggressive flirting though.

Poll: Tory leader

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 21:24 - Nov 16 with 1011 viewsJackfath

This thread is boring as fu ck. No wonder I hardly ever post here any more.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 21:36 - Nov 16 with 983 viewsdobjack2

I assume that the answer to the question asked in the title of the thread is that it is a possibility. however is it likely?
Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 21:40 - Nov 16 with 968 viewsLord_Bony

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 21:24 - Nov 16 by Jackfath

This thread is boring as fu ck. No wonder I hardly ever post here any more.

Well it started off sensibly enough I think.

TBH, I just kind of threw this question into the mix for a bit of a laugh like.
After,digging and doing a bit of research I found that it is actually a feasible proposition for the club and the trust if done the right way.

Unfortunately, it got so technical in the end I felt a bit out of my depth and was therefore,unable to contribute to my own thread!

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 21:42 - Nov 16 with 953 viewsJackfath

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 21:40 - Nov 16 by Lord_Bony

Well it started off sensibly enough I think.

TBH, I just kind of threw this question into the mix for a bit of a laugh like.
After,digging and doing a bit of research I found that it is actually a feasible proposition for the club and the trust if done the right way.

Unfortunately, it got so technical in the end I felt a bit out of my depth and was therefore,unable to contribute to my own thread!

Indeed. Far too many "boffins" on here. There needs to be a board for those who only wish to be serious and not display any form of sense of humour whatsoever. A boring thread forum if you like.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Login to get fewer ads

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 21:46 - Nov 16 with 941 viewsLord_Bony

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 21:42 - Nov 16 by Jackfath

Indeed. Far too many "boffins" on here. There needs to be a board for those who only wish to be serious and not display any form of sense of humour whatsoever. A boring thread forum if you like.

May I ask a far more serious question?

Why does Mart6 stalk you with constant down arrows?

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 21:48 - Nov 16 with 930 viewsJackfath

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 21:46 - Nov 16 by Lord_Bony

May I ask a far more serious question?

Why does Mart6 stalk you with constant down arrows?

Goodness knows. He's upset about something I've done I guess. He doesn't post but follows me around on here down arrowing.

Bless him.

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 21:51 - Nov 16 with 923 viewsLord_Bony

Him and Dailew are what this site is all about....

Joint POTY...bless em

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 21:54 - Nov 16 with 909 viewsJackfath

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 21:51 - Nov 16 by Lord_Bony

Him and Dailew are what this site is all about....

Joint POTY...bless em

He's spent months doing it. Every day for months. Without posting on here. So he must log in specifically to down arrow me. I am a big part of his life, clearly.

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 21:56 - Nov 16 with 901 viewsLord_Bony

PMSL here....at least you are making a nice purpose in life for someone...

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 21:58 - Nov 16 with 889 viewsJackfath

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 21:56 - Nov 16 by Lord_Bony

PMSL here....at least you are making a nice purpose in life for someone...

Yes. His life must be awfully empty to remember to it every day. Every day for months and months.

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 22:01 - Nov 16 with 872 viewsLord_Bony

Hes a tidy poster but there he goes again!

He should have done the last 3 pages lol

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 22:02 - Nov 16 with 864 viewsJackfath

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 22:01 - Nov 16 by Lord_Bony

Hes a tidy poster but there he goes again!

He should have done the last 3 pages lol

A tidy poster? He hasn't posted a thing for months. The massive pleb.

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 22:06 - Nov 16 with 857 viewsLord_Bony

I like his predictions..

I really think this should be Thread of the Year...

"A post is made at 17.35 a reply to the post is also made at 17.35, another post by the same TWO persons is made at 17.54 the reply made at17.55
Is it possible for two different people to notice read and reply in such a short period of time? "

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 22:06 - Nov 16 with 847 viewsJackfath

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 22:06 - Nov 16 by Lord_Bony

I like his predictions..

I really think this should be Thread of the Year...

"A post is made at 17.35 a reply to the post is also made at 17.35, another post by the same TWO persons is made at 17.54 the reply made at17.55
Is it possible for two different people to notice read and reply in such a short period of time? "

Yeah. That was the last time I made him look a fool. He's been upset ever since. Bless.

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 22:11 - Nov 16 with 819 viewsLord_Bony

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 22:06 - Nov 16 by Jackfath

Yeah. That was the last time I made him look a fool. He's been upset ever since. Bless.

Ah well he s just one of many of us who make run this rudderless vessell..
a ship of fools...

a.k.a...Planet Swans

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 22:13 - Nov 16 with 812 viewsJackfath

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 22:11 - Nov 16 by Lord_Bony

Ah well he s just one of many of us who make run this rudderless vessell..
a ship of fools...

a.k.a...Planet Swans

init.

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 23:33 - Nov 16 with 740 viewsWarwickHunt

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 22:13 - Nov 16 by Jackfath

init.

"amortisation of your intangibles"

I love it when you talk dirty.

Edit: not you Fath, obviously.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2014 23:35]
Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 13:42 - Nov 17 with 657 viewsStarsky

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 23:33 - Nov 16 by WarwickHunt

"amortisation of your intangibles"

I love it when you talk dirty.

Edit: not you Fath, obviously.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2014 23:35]

It's just the internet, init.

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 13:52 - Nov 17 with 651 viewstomdickharry

Not even going to open this thread up again,but just had one shuddering thought how long a thread is going to be when the investment actually takes place.
Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 14:34 - Nov 17 with 630 viewsdobjack2

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 13:52 - Nov 17 by tomdickharry

Not even going to open this thread up again,but just had one shuddering thought how long a thread is going to be when the investment actually takes place.

There will be 2 camps - for and against.

Perhaps those for investment should post in red and those against in blue. The leaders of the red posters could then intimidate the blue posters until such time as they change their mind and decide that after all they are forever blue posters.
Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 16:28 - Nov 17 with 593 viewsShaky

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 21:10 - Nov 16 by londonlisa2001

oh right - that will explain why to get from EBIT to 'operating cashflow' then you have to add back depreciation.

It'll also explain why you should take into consideration the amortisation of your intangibles.

Because you'd include capital investment or reinvestment in 'operating cash flow' wouldn't you? You know, as well as in your cash flow from investing activities. Just to make absolutely certain that you'd double counted it, because once isn't enough to 'sustain the going concern concept' (which has incidentally nothing whatsoever to do with what you're talking about, but it sounds clever doesn't it).

Go away and google the meaning of 'operating cash flow' (your choice of words, not mine).

You're a clueless prat.

A bullshitter extraordinaire, but a clueless prat.

You're right about one thing though - it is embarrassing.

I can tell you are upset about this Lisa, so I am going to explain it all to you.

I have no intention of googling the meaning of operating cash flow, because there are many, many meanings. People talk about operating cash flow, net operating cash flow, cash-flow from operations, NOPLAT, and a myriad of other terms involving slight variations of the same names. Sometimes they use the same terms with different meanings so it is all very confusing even to me, which is why my approach is to stick to terms I have been taught and instead of focusing on labels require definitions. Only in this way is it possible to verify whether the discussion is sensible or not.

The second element of confusion - present solely on your part - is that you are muddling up the concept of operating cash-flow as used in a DFC analysis, with something shown on Cash-flow Statements forming part of the statutory accounts, presented in various ways depending on accounting bodies but typically divided into 3 parts; cash-flow from operations, cash-flow from investing, and cash-flow from financing.

When analysing operating cash-flow for DCF the only thing that is important is whether items are related to the consolidated operations or not. Anything that falls outside the scope is simply treated as non-operating.

Moving on to your specific questions, investment in fixed assets is obviously an operating item deducted from operating cash-flow (and net cash-flow) only once.

As a rule you would generally also add back depreciation and amortisation, although you always need to check that any such charges are in fact non-cash. For example in many sectors it is a well-known trick to capitalise expenses say as R&D, in which case the amortisation charge for that would in fact be a cash expense that should be deducted from operating cash-flow.

Hope that's cleared things up a little for you.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024