Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? 23:37 - Nov 11 with 12394 viewsLord_Bony

Well Swansea City Counil own the land. A consortium of developers and the council built the stadium in 2005 at a cost of £26 million...upon further investigation the council have leased the ground to SCFC for a period of no less than 150 years!

So there is no danger of it being taken back in our lifetimes.

Feasibly the club could buy back off the council,who would be sympathetic to the cause for somewhere in the region of £15-20 million?

There would probably be a clause whereby we would have to give a good deal to The Ospreys and look after them so they may still enjoy there peppercorn rent they are currently paying.

The consequences of this would be very positive for the clubs future and a prime asset to own.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2014 23:41]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 16:41 - Nov 17 with 1155 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The "Paddle of Rebuke" to quote a well know TV add.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 16:47 - Nov 17 with 1149 viewsUxbridge

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 14:34 - Nov 17 by dobjack2

There will be 2 camps - for and against.

Perhaps those for investment should post in red and those against in blue. The leaders of the red posters could then intimidate the blue posters until such time as they change their mind and decide that after all they are forever blue posters.

What is this investment people are talking about?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 17:05 - Nov 17 with 1129 viewsairedale

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 16:41 - Nov 17 by felixstowe_jack

The "Paddle of Rebuke" to quote a well know TV add.

I've recently realised that one of the blokes in the Fosters ad holds the Paddle of Rebuke in the other ad.
Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 18:52 - Nov 17 with 1092 viewsdobjack2

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 16:47 - Nov 17 by Uxbridge

"Investment" is what the nice gentleman did with our friends and neighbours further along the M4.
Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 19:00 - Nov 17 with 1087 viewsjackonicko

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 16:47 - Nov 17 by Uxbridge

I don't know, but it would be interesting to think about how you could measure the return on any investment made.

Should it be a profit or cash flow based metric - any ideas?
Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 19:06 - Nov 17 with 1079 viewsUxbridge

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 19:00 - Nov 17 by jackonicko

I don't know, but it would be interesting to think about how you could measure the return on any investment made.

Should it be a profit or cash flow based metric - any ideas?

But how would one define profit and cashflow? If only someone could assist. ..

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 19:12 - Nov 17 with 1071 viewsCatullus

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 21:48 - Nov 16 by Jackfath

Goodness knows. He's upset about something I've done I guess. He doesn't post but follows me around on here down arrowing.

Bless him.

I'm still calling it the Davillin syndrome.

Could we, yes, should we, not sure, will we don't know.

I have a meeting soon, with a deputy member of the council's cabinet. Maybe I'll ask her what the council think?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 21:19 - Nov 17 with 1019 viewsShaky

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 19:06 - Nov 17 by Uxbridge

Team W@ank prepubescent bonding ritual at its finest.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Login to get fewer ads

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 23:11 - Nov 17 with 985 viewsdobjack2

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 19:06 - Nov 17 by Uxbridge

Please do not feed the animals in the zoo.
Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 23:47 - Nov 17 with 962 viewsairedale

High fliers need to come on forums like Planet Swans. It's the place to be seen don't you know?
Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 18:54 - Nov 19 with 857 viewsLord_Bony

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 21:36 - Nov 16 by dobjack2

I assume that the answer to the question asked in the title of the thread is that it is a possibility. however is it likely?

Not at the moment..but if the investment does nt take place in the next year then certainly the club can put the feelers out to Swansea Council to see how the land lies...would nt harm and definatley something to consider..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 18:56 - Nov 19 with 854 viewsDr_Winston

I am reliably informed that the possibility has been discussed between council and club, but has not gone further than that at present.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 19:25 - Nov 19 with 832 viewsLord_Bony

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 18:56 - Nov 19 by Dr_Winston

I am reliably informed that the possibility has been discussed between council and club, but has not gone further than that at present.

Interesting...
I wonder what kind of figures have been put on the table...

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 17:40 - Nov 25 with 717 viewsjohnlangy

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 18:54 - Nov 19 by Lord_Bony

Not at the moment..but if the investment does nt take place in the next year then certainly the club can put the feelers out to Swansea Council to see how the land lies...would nt harm and definatley something to consider..

This is what I heard today from a person who is in a position to hear all sorts of rumours, speculation, gossip, stirring and so on with possibly some nuggets of truth within the lot ie a pub landlord.

He reckons that the sale of 30% of the shares is going ahead with a proviso that the investors provide the Club with an interest free loan to buy and extend the Stadium.

£40 m was mentioned.
Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 22:30 - Nov 25 with 615 viewsLord_Bony

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 17:40 - Nov 25 by johnlangy

This is what I heard today from a person who is in a position to hear all sorts of rumours, speculation, gossip, stirring and so on with possibly some nuggets of truth within the lot ie a pub landlord.

He reckons that the sale of 30% of the shares is going ahead with a proviso that the investors provide the Club with an interest free loan to buy and extend the Stadium.

£40 m was mentioned.

Well that somehow does not seem a good deal for the investors...a bitter pill to swallow...they must also loan us £40 m interest free? feck!..I would not want to ber one of those investors I dont think...wheres the return in that?

Also what would happen to the value of the shares if our league standing went southwards and we got relegated for a few years...

I don t think there would be many big investors being willing to take a chunk under those circumstances...

Could SCFC buy The Liberty Stadium outright? on 23:02 - Nov 25 with 581 viewsSweyns_Eye

Problem is, that the club are dealing with Swansea council. The club have made an offer of £40 Million, but the council won't budge from £30 million.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024