Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Belguim vs Wales thread 09:51 - Nov 16 with 19189 viewsJackfath

vs

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 20:05 - Nov 16 with 2482 viewsMrSwan

Ramsey the worst player on the field.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 20:07 - Nov 16 with 2475 viewsorion3016

Draw in Israel v bosnia now and that's a great night

Be over there now after

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 20:09 - Nov 16 with 2450 viewsStarsky

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 20:05 - Nov 16 by MrSwan

Ramsey the worst player on the field.

Why are you concentrating on that mun?

It's just the internet, init.

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 20:17 - Nov 16 with 2402 viewsKulusBeatFactory

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 19:25 - Nov 16 by shingle

Belgium
Israel
Bosnia
Wales
Great point, but this is how i think the group will finish, try not to get to excited guys, once the realization that we could qualify hit`s home the weak Welsh mentality will step in and we`ll panic and blow it.

U again - bashing Welsh stoicism - u really cant be welsh

if u are - be ashamed, truly
The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 20:30 - Nov 16 with 2334 viewsshingle

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 20:17 - Nov 16 by KulusBeatFactory

U again - bashing Welsh stoicism - u really cant be welsh

if u are - be ashamed, truly

Just being realistic, why should i be ashamed, i would love to be proved wrong but the way us Welsh perform in sport throughout history shows us to be bottlers when there is a chance of success, so everytime the Welsh do ok for a while, we get overly excited muppets like yourself saying were going to achieve this and achieve that etc, but normally the facts are we achieve fcuk all , i repeat we will not finish in the top two.
The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 20:51 - Nov 16 with 2240 viewsAl_Bundy

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 20:30 - Nov 16 by shingle

Just being realistic, why should i be ashamed, i would love to be proved wrong but the way us Welsh perform in sport throughout history shows us to be bottlers when there is a chance of success, so everytime the Welsh do ok for a while, we get overly excited muppets like yourself saying were going to achieve this and achieve that etc, but normally the facts are we achieve fcuk all , i repeat we will not finish in the top two.

We will if the squad can stay injury free.
The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 21:00 - Nov 16 with 2207 viewsEdmundo

A very good draw, hung on quite a bit, saved by the post....but Wales now in the driving seat now!

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 21:05 - Nov 16 with 2183 viewsorion3016

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 21:00 - Nov 16 by Edmundo

A very good draw, hung on quite a bit, saved by the post....but Wales now in the driving seat now!

Looks like Israel will be our main challenger for 2nd place assuming Belgium kick on

Be over there now after

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 21:05 - Nov 16 with 2183 viewsIslander

"You cannot be serious"
Really ?
The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 21:19 - Nov 16 with 2117 viewsJJJack

Israel 3-0 up!!
The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 21:21 - Nov 16 with 2105 viewsorion3016

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 21:19 - Nov 16 by JJJack

Israel 3-0 up!!

Massive next game for us then. Bosnia could be out of it

Be over there now after

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 22:17 - Nov 16 with 1953 viewsJJJack

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 21:21 - Nov 16 by orion3016

Massive next game for us then. Bosnia could be out of it

I'd say they already have no chance of Top 2. The problem is Israel are looking very hot for 2nd. To get at least 2nd we perhaps need to win over there . Or at least ensure we take 4pts off them. All to play for and on balance I'd rather Israel are currently top than Bosnia.
The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 22:20 - Nov 16 with 1943 viewsorion3016

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 22:17 - Nov 16 by JJJack

I'd say they already have no chance of Top 2. The problem is Israel are looking very hot for 2nd. To get at least 2nd we perhaps need to win over there . Or at least ensure we take 4pts off them. All to play for and on balance I'd rather Israel are currently top than Bosnia.

Yes and if we were offered a shoot out with Israel for 2nd place at the start of the group we would have taken it

Be over there now after

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 23:19 - Nov 16 with 1839 viewsepaul

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 20:03 - Nov 16 by Starsky

After years of disappointment of the nearly men being cheated out of qualification or the usual self destruction... Ala rudy Glockner, David Speedy, Joe Jordan, Paul Bodin s penalty and Sparkys tactical ineptness, I swore that I wouldn't let them get to me again.
After seeing them dig in tonight, I wish them nothing but the very best for this qualifying campaign.
I have been unashamedly stirred by a most passionate and gutsy performance against the 4th ranked team in the world.

With you all the way matey

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 23:50 - Nov 16 with 1791 viewsJethroJack

Except for all those rugby Grand Slams that you've conveniently ignored.
Are you sure you're not that kunt DYSS re-incarnated?
The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 00:03 - Nov 17 with 1778 viewsTNT

Were you not part of The Swans' meteoric rise, from having one foot in the conference, to currently being one of the leading sides in The Premier League?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 07:52 - Nov 17 with 1663 viewsymaohyd

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 22:20 - Nov 16 by orion3016

Yes and if we were offered a shoot out with Israel for 2nd place at the start of the group we would have taken it

I'm not sure what the qualification criteria is (Top 2 and 3rd goes into play off?). There is every reason to be positive after drawing away against one of Europe's top sides, however as ever I'll be negative and predict that Israel will pinch 2nd on the basis that they almost have an unfair advantage in that the very thought of playing in Israel must put teams off hugely. It would be interesting to see the stats of Israel's home form.

The big picture for me is that we need to keep our focus should things go pear shaped and it seems that we can't get into 2nd. In the past once we are out of it we fall apart. It's essential that we can at least get into 3rd to have an easier draw for the next world cup.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 07:55 - Nov 17 with 1661 viewsymaohyd

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 07:52 - Nov 17 by ymaohyd

I'm not sure what the qualification criteria is (Top 2 and 3rd goes into play off?). There is every reason to be positive after drawing away against one of Europe's top sides, however as ever I'll be negative and predict that Israel will pinch 2nd on the basis that they almost have an unfair advantage in that the very thought of playing in Israel must put teams off hugely. It would be interesting to see the stats of Israel's home form.

The big picture for me is that we need to keep our focus should things go pear shaped and it seems that we can't get into 2nd. In the past once we are out of it we fall apart. It's essential that we can at least get into 3rd to have an easier draw for the next world cup.

As ever I'm talking cra*! Just looked at Israel's home record over the past few years - nothing special.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 10:54 - Nov 17 with 1564 viewsSwan91

Israel's game in hand is belgium so 2 things can happen.

1- israel beat belgium and end up finishing top of the group with us hopefully getting second spot.

2 - we get a win and a draw against israel in the 2 games and we end up in the top 2 with belgium.

This is a pretty close group but the only way we will qualify is if we get results against our competition. (Like belgium last night). We cannot afford to lose a game against both israel and belgium. If we qualify it would be hard fought.
The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 10:57 - Nov 17 with 1561 viewsmax936

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 18:34 - Nov 16 by JethroJack

Second dirtiest...to that piece of shit at Stoke....Adam.

Ramires is up there alongside the two of them, in fact I'd say he's worse.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 15:47 - Nov 17 with 1463 viewscontroversial_jack

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 00:03 - Nov 17 by TNT

Were you not part of The Swans' meteoric rise, from having one foot in the conference, to currently being one of the leading sides in The Premier League?

How many of those players were Welsh?
The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 16:10 - Nov 17 with 1436 viewsYr_Arglwydd_Rhys

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 15:47 - Nov 17 by controversial_jack

How many of those players were Welsh?

Interesting question which I'd love to see answered. Quite a few if you count Flynn's appointment as the beginning of the rise. It would also depend how how you would define 'Welsh'. I'd suggest being eligible to play for the national side.

Even in the Premiership we've used Ash, Taylor, Davies, Allen, and Jazz. I'd be surprised if Cornell has not featured on our bench either.

In a non-UK country (without a 'home nations' agreement) I'm pretty sure that you could also throw in Rangel on residency grounds, and maybe even some of the longer serving English players, like Leon and Monk.
The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 16:54 - Nov 17 with 1407 viewstrampie

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 20:03 - Nov 16 by Starsky

After years of disappointment of the nearly men being cheated out of qualification or the usual self destruction... Ala rudy Glockner, David Speedy, Joe Jordan, Paul Bodin s penalty and Sparkys tactical ineptness, I swore that I wouldn't let them get to me again.
After seeing them dig in tonight, I wish them nothing but the very best for this qualifying campaign.
I have been unashamedly stirred by a most passionate and gutsy performance against the 4th ranked team in the world.

I know, unluckiest team in football.

Other things to mention was some of the Russian team being on drugs, John Charles been kicked out of the World cup and us not entering in 34 when we could have won it.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 18:14 - Nov 17 with 1366 viewsshingle

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 23:50 - Nov 16 by JethroJack

Except for all those rugby Grand Slams that you've conveniently ignored.
Are you sure you're not that kunt DYSS re-incarnated?

See this is exactly what i mean, you are a prime example of a deluded overly excited and easily pleased person, is it really that big a deal winning a grand slam, where we just compete against the same five countries and none of them see Rugby as there number one game, we can never beat the big three, even when we are winning with a few minutes to go we panic and blow it, do you deny what i`m saying is not true.
The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 18:19 - Nov 17 with 1364 viewsshingle

The Official Belguim vs Wales thread on 20:51 - Nov 16 by Al_Bundy

We will if the squad can stay injury free.

No we won`t Belgium and Israel will qualify, we may sneak through the back door in third place mind you if other results work in our favor.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024